Uncharted 4

Killzone Shadow Fall on PS4: New Story Trailer

Poria Torkan's Avatar + Posted by Poria Torkan on Oct 22, 2013 // Producer, Guerrilla Games

Official Killzone Shadow Fall Game Page

To what lengths would you go to defend your home?

That’s the central question in this brand-new story trailer for Killzone Shadow Fall. On planet Vekta, where rival Helghast and Vektan factions are living side by side under an uneasy truce, the answer depends entirely on who you ask. To Chancellor Visari, leader of the displaced Helghast people, the Vektans are aggressors that must be kept in check by whatever means necessary. To Vektan Security Agency Director Sinclair, the biggest threat to peace is the very presence of the Helghast people.

Sinclair and Visari aren’t the only ones at odds over their plans for planet Vekta. Behind the scenes, forces within each faction have begun warring and conspiring to further their own agendas. Some, like the extremist splinter group Black Hand, want to force an all-out civil war. Others, like Helghast intelligence operative Echo, are desperately trying to prevent it. As Shadow Marshal Lucas Kellan, you must deal with the escalating hostilities before they envelop the entire planet — but you’ll quickly discover that trust is a scarce resource on Vekta.

Killzone Shadow Fall’s campaign mode features a tense, gripping storyline that takes you from the splendors of Vekta to the dark heart of the Helghast territory and far, far beyond. We hope this story trailer whets your appetite for the release of Shadow Fall on November 15th. In the meantime, keep an eye on Killzone.com and PlayStation.Blog for additional details about the story and the characters!

53 Comments

PAGE 1 2

+ xeno3d on October 22nd, 2013 at 8:06 am said:

So glad this is a launch title. Looks amazing.

+ G-Force08 on October 22nd, 2013 at 8:10 am said:

Looking forward to playing as soon as I get my PS4 along with Knack. :)

Nice trailer, although I must say, my all-time favorite Killzone trailer is still the Killzone 3 Justice Story trailer. ;)

+ Shinigami_Ness on October 22nd, 2013 at 8:13 am said:

awesome can wait.

+ snakeeyes211 on October 22nd, 2013 at 8:13 am said:

When will I be able to pre-order the season pass for
killzone SF?

+ Zacky-V-A7X on October 22nd, 2013 at 8:17 am said:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mindblowing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can’t wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ GGCAN on October 22nd, 2013 at 8:18 am said:

Looks great !

+ bstoi on October 22nd, 2013 at 8:19 am said:

Excited to see that KZ is finally taking full advantage of its story potential.

+ G-Force08 on October 22nd, 2013 at 8:21 am said:

Also, I predicted that Visari’s daughter would somehow influence this story a few months ago. #Validated.

+ JimmyHACK on October 22nd, 2013 at 8:23 am said:

Will pre-order once store updates later today and adds the pre-orders.

+ TimMalouff on October 22nd, 2013 at 8:25 am said:

On the spend $50 get $10 back through the 29th.
Looks like I am not alone on the understanding of “through”

Do purchases made on the 29th count, can we buy things released on the 29th?
What time and timezone does the sale end?

+ Berae on October 22nd, 2013 at 8:34 am said:

That looks incredible and so much fun!

+ Critosis on October 22nd, 2013 at 8:38 am said:

GONNA BE AWESOME

+ KazeEternal on October 22nd, 2013 at 8:39 am said:

I can’t wait for November 15th. This is my reason for owning a PS4 and all the games to come. Can’t wait to see what ND and GG create this generation.

Here’s hoping the story is Epic, the Game Play Challenging, and the Multiplayer is Killzone.

+ remanutd5 on October 22nd, 2013 at 8:45 am said:

Looks like this time we are gonna get a really good story playing the campaign, i have always thought Resistance story was better than killzone but this time i think you guys have nailed it.

+ xCh0z3n-0n3x on October 22nd, 2013 at 8:53 am said:

CANT WAIT!! going to be showing this game off to my Xbox only friends…LOL

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on October 22nd, 2013 at 8:55 am said:

Looks a lot more badass than I expected. Glad to see a variety of environments shown in the trailer.

+ onslaughtree on October 22nd, 2013 at 9:05 am said:

Killzoneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

+ poodude on October 22nd, 2013 at 9:25 am said:

And to believe I doubted this game’s story. It looks incredible! Can’t wait to play.

+ Apeman24 on October 22nd, 2013 at 9:42 am said:

This is what I wanted to see from this game, awesome.

+ MmaFanQc on October 22nd, 2013 at 10:07 am said:

this look MEGAWESOME!

+ Banana-Poo on October 22nd, 2013 at 10:10 am said:

This game is looking amazing the SP is just wow… can’t wait to get my hands on this… DAY ONE, 23 days 12 hours…. come on come ON !!!!

+ NYPUNK88 on October 22nd, 2013 at 10:13 am said:

*jaw to the floor left speechless* O.O

+ HitokiriKamina on October 22nd, 2013 at 10:36 am said:

I can’t believe I doubted this game for a second. This will be the first PS4 game I buy.

+ NYPUNK88 on October 22nd, 2013 at 10:38 am said:

GuerrillaGames… do you have any idea how much I f***ing love you? DO YOU?!?!?! AAAAAAAAAAAHHHH Day 1! <3

:D

+ D-Squad3 on October 22nd, 2013 at 12:00 pm said:

Beautiful

+ jr240483 on October 22nd, 2013 at 12:08 pm said:

Unfortunately it doesnt say anything at all on what happened to Sev , Rico and the others after Killzone 3 and that might turn some off until they know more info.

+ YungShep on October 22nd, 2013 at 12:22 pm said:

my first PS4 game <3

+ suvamees on October 22nd, 2013 at 1:25 pm said:

Oh, yes!

I’m tested for military stress now.

Unfortunately I didn’t pass: http://gotestyourself.blogspot.com/

So, I cant play!

+ Enigmatech on October 22nd, 2013 at 3:02 pm said:

I don’t get why the Vektans would allow Helghast to openly bring over their full military arsenal…

+ shadysaiyanz on October 22nd, 2013 at 3:11 pm said:

So glad this isn’t delayed!!! like the other two games i wanted. Though this is all i want right now at launch because of it. Don’t need no crappy COD and im not a BF or AC fan.

+ magatsu18 on October 22nd, 2013 at 3:29 pm said:

Day 1 purchase for me, definitely the launch game i’m looking forward to the most

+ Taliban131 on October 22nd, 2013 at 3:36 pm said:

This game looks gorgeous, unfortunate that i have to wait until next year for my PS4 but either way i’m getting this game for it.

+ saab01 on October 22nd, 2013 at 3:58 pm said:

This trailer is looking Niceeeeee.

+ drunk_vader on October 22nd, 2013 at 4:54 pm said:

This is epic beyond imagining. Can’t wait to get my hands on the PS4 Killzone bundle.

+ Elvick_ on October 22nd, 2013 at 4:55 pm said:

Can’t wait, going to be sweet.

+ PANTHER1030 on October 22nd, 2013 at 5:33 pm said:

Echo must be a playable character, please !

The war is inevitable, the Helghast have much rage and thirst of vengeance. Billions of innocents Helghast died in K3. We need a Helghast campaign.

Preordering today !

+ Skater_Ricky on October 22nd, 2013 at 6:36 pm said:

I love Killzone but I don’t have enough money nor will have the time to play 3 game’s at the same time because there’s to much greatness coming out is blowing my mind. I will be picking up Knack and Battlefield 4 on PS4 day 1 and will buy Killzone: Shadow Fall when I’ve finished Knack. I look forward to playing the Killzone Campaign over multiplayer because I love the deep story that it with holds with a side of mystery. :D can’t wait to pick up my copy when I can. It’s sad I’ll be missing out on the Preorder bonus content :(

+ royalknight83 on October 22nd, 2013 at 7:49 pm said:

This looks so good… can’t wait for my copy

+ Welmosca on October 23rd, 2013 at 10:14 am said:

Watched this yesterday in another site and I’m still trying to believe after watching for the 10th time……..Technical Marvel…Sony and GG typical….oh well KZ long time playa and fan here…will have to find a way to play this sweet baby in someone’s PS4.Great job GG.

+ Welmosca on October 23rd, 2013 at 10:34 am said:

Gotta ask this…am I the only one that get the feeling that she’s singing in the beginning?

+ CrusaderForever on October 23rd, 2013 at 11:50 am said:

So beautiful that I felt compelled to buy your game! KZSF truly emanates next gen when you look at the trailer and screenshots. So, I am proud to announce that I have preordered my first 2 PS4 games digitally! KZSF and Knack! It was a great moment to say the least. KZMercenary is amazing and I cannot imagine how awesome KZSF is going to be! Thanks for all your hard work in making a true next gen FPS!

+ Mattsta001 on October 23rd, 2013 at 5:40 pm said:

Visually it looks great but I’m worried about the story. Story has always been GG’s weak point. I’ve been spoiled by The Last of Us which had an amazing script. The premise of KZ:SF doesn’t really make much sense and everything seems contrived. I still don’t get why the Vektans would allow the Helghast to live on their planet, build up a military and keep Visari’s daughter as leader. If a campaign is going to be compelling it needs to be believable and draw the player in.

Also feel it was an odd casting choice to use an American actress as the Helghast protagonist since they’ve always had British accents. Surprised no-one at GG gave it a second thought.

+ YorlecmNwahs on October 23rd, 2013 at 6:26 pm said:

Go to Google

Search “Let’s Get FlatOut Head On PS Vita Compatible”

Click on the first result.

Sign the petition please.

+ tusunami on October 23rd, 2013 at 6:56 pm said:

Say what this is going to be epic, I really like the KZ universe. PS4 day 1 shipping

+ gamerholic on October 23rd, 2013 at 7:54 pm said:

Was on the fence on this one because visuals alone don’t do it for me… But the story sounds very compelling, preordering this first thing tomorrow!

+ m_Madruguinha08 on October 23rd, 2013 at 9:16 pm said:

Simply amazing! A new fps game that isn’t only about multiplayer! I am still bummed that we will have to pay extra for coop mode…

But the campaign looks nothing short than stellar with this trailer. Kudos for the developers.

+ Gamerzlimited on October 24th, 2013 at 1:33 am said:

This game looks amazing for a launch title. Can’t wait to see it released!

@YorlecmNwahs Still trying to fool Americans into signing that petition for you I see. I’m curious why the PS bloggers hasn’t banned you for advertising yet.

+ Captain-John_Doe on October 24th, 2013 at 7:42 pm said:

Is it November 15 yet? :)

+ er910 on October 24th, 2013 at 7:50 pm said: