PS4 - Transistor

Rocksmith 2014 Edition Out Today on PS3

Michael Madavi's Avatar + Posted by Michael Madavi on Oct 22, 2013 // Content Producer, Ubisoft

After months of anticipation, the wait is over: the all-new Rocksmith 2014 Edition is out today.

Since its announcement at E3 this past June, we’ve been inundated with questions and enthusiasm from gamers and guitarists alike about the new game. While the first Rocksmith was successful in helping more than a million people either learn guitar from scratch or refine their existing techniques, Rocksmith 2014 Edition is an entirely different beast.

We’ve completely rebuilt the product from the ground up, improving all existing features and introducing amazing new ones. Check out our “How It Works” trailer above for the basics.

From 50+ new songs on disk, to the ground-breaking Session Mode, Rocksmith 2014 Edition is the total package for learning or practicing guitar. We’re so excited to see it hit shelves, and everyone who worked on it is truly proud of what we’ve accomplished. Without a doubt, we can confidently say that Rocksmith 2014 Edition is THE fastest way to learn guitar or bass!

14 Comments

+ J-Wood on October 22nd, 2013 at 9:23 am said:

Will this work with the pulse elite headset? I remember the original having issues there.

+ TimMalouff on October 22nd, 2013 at 9:28 am said:

On the spend $50 get $10 back through the 29th.
Looks like I am not alone on the understanding of “through”

Do purchases made on the 29th count, can we buy things released on the 29th?
What time and timezone does the sale end?

+ Toxic_JokerXx on October 22nd, 2013 at 9:45 am said:

I noticed that there is a bundle that will be coming out. I am going to buy the game but I was wondering what the bundle brings and is it worth the extra $100+.

+ gravislord on October 22nd, 2013 at 11:02 am said:

Can you import the songs from the previous version? Is there a PS4 version planned?

+ Coda05 on October 22nd, 2013 at 11:08 am said:

Id like to know why Ubisoft decided not to ship any versions of this without the cord, cannot find one in stores anywhere, sure i can download it from the psn store, but i want my physical copy.
Sure seems like a middle finger, anyone who purchased the original and has a cord already is either stuck waiting or paying the extra 20 for a cord we may not even need.
This is the thanks we get as original purchasers?
If i had owned an crapbox360 i could have gotten one, those were certainly plentyful at the places i went, (eb, walmart, bestbuy)

Was looking forward to a day one purchase, now i gotta wait…..thx ubisoft (and just to throw it in there, i also bought the original day one)

+ kdiep on October 22nd, 2013 at 11:49 am said:

Pre-ordered this with an electric guitar at Best Buy. Thanks for making creating a decent deal!!! Now, let’s hope I can truly learn how to play a guitar with this.

+ kdiep on October 22nd, 2013 at 11:51 am said:

Oh and can you transfer the songs from the original Rocksmith to the new one? I see the original going for a cheap price, which might be worth paying if I get the songs.

+ Dx13K41n092 on October 22nd, 2013 at 11:53 am said:

Really hoping you fixed the horrible load times and added background saving.

+ XxCRAZYxRAGExX on October 22nd, 2013 at 12:34 pm said:

Put the rockband games on psn sony! I see you deleted my last comment. Lmao!

+ mtk93 on October 22nd, 2013 at 12:42 pm said:

I’m so pumped for this game. I’ve wanted to learn how to play guitar my entire life, but have neither the time nor the money to buy lessons from a professional. Doing so through the Playstation sounds like a great option that I will get into.
FYI, I bought the $79 version of the game (with the cable) at Best Buy. For purchasing the game, you get $50 off any of their guitars. I got the beginner Maestro guitar by Fender to go along with it. The guitar is normally $150, but it was on sale for $99. With the $50 off, I got it for $50. Throw in a couple of gift cards I got for my birthday and the $25 I got back for pre-ordering GTA V, I paid nothing out of my own pocket for this. Woo hoo.

+ madmexican on October 22nd, 2013 at 5:40 pm said:

Pre-Purchased from the PSN store and they jipped me on the free DLC. I am going to have to pay for “Cherub Rock”. Not cool PSN store.

+ tusunami on October 22nd, 2013 at 6:40 pm said:

This will be interesting if this game can even duplicate what rock and & guitar hero did for the music genre. And will this game even be able to do what the just dance series is doing. PS4 day 1 shipping I’m out

+ flyingwolfman on November 20th, 2013 at 6:21 am said:

for those of us who already own ans use the original rocksmith would it be possible to offer a downloadable version at a discounted price….afterall we are the reason for this game, and the ones recommending it to others to play.

+ flyingwolfman on November 20th, 2013 at 6:54 am said:

well I guess just answered my own post…I found the downloadable version of rocksmith 2014 on the PSN store. I didn’t think to look there cause I don’t go there usually unless the cats I have play with my controls….those rascals! anyway the price is less than what I have been told the offering in the stores will be, but I am assuming thats because there is no cable with the software. Maybe PSN store could offer discounts for those already owning the original rocksmith game?