PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

PlayStation Blogcast 095: Shadow Fallin’ For You

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Oct 24, 2013 // Senior Manager, Social Media

Subscribe via iTunes or RSS, or download here

Three weeks from launch! Killzone: Shadow Fall’s lead designer stops by for a final preview, while Grace Chen and Nick Colberg give us a peek behind the scenes of PlayStation Store. Plus Justin’s Top 10 of the generation, all new releases for October 29th, and more!

Stuff We Talked About

• Killzone Shadow Fall
  • PlayStation Store
  • Justin’s Top 10 of the Generation
  • Battlefield 4
  • Batman Arkham Origins

Official PlayStation Blogcast: Sid ShumanOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast - Nick SuttnerOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast: Justin MassongillPumpkinStation

Send us questions and tips: blogcast@playstation.sony.com or leave a voice message! 650-288-6706

The Cast

+ dsc4814 on October 24th, 2013 at 9:09 pm said:

Thanks for the new episode. How come there’s no mp3 download link? There’s only iTunes or rss. I don’t use iTunes.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on October 24th, 2013 at 9:36 pm said:

SoundCloud has the option to let listeners download directly from the player, so since we switched embeds we’ve been doing it in there. Forgot to check the box at first so the download button didn’t show up, but it’s there now!

+ dsc4814 on October 24th, 2013 at 9:13 pm said:

Oh I like the pumpkin too! Did one of you guys carve it? Happy Halloween everybody.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on October 24th, 2013 at 9:38 pm said:

The mystery of the pumpkin picture is revealed in this week’s episode!

+ Brink-2-Chaos on October 24th, 2013 at 9:21 pm said:

I thought i was the only one Who left my ps3 On for weeks at a time

+ UndreyVITA on October 24th, 2013 at 9:24 pm said:

The page was glitching out at first.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on October 24th, 2013 at 9:39 pm said:

My bad. Justin used Borg tech in building this post

+ kimchee75 on October 24th, 2013 at 9:43 pm said:

can’t download with a vita. no flash support. could use a download link.

+ kimchee75 on October 24th, 2013 at 9:49 pm said:

I always download to my vita so I can listen while playing a game. Or as I fall asleep. Please bring back the old download link. Thank you.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on October 24th, 2013 at 9:56 pm said:

You got it — done. Thanks for the feedback.

+ kimchee75 on October 24th, 2013 at 9:57 pm said:

Or better yet, RSS support for Vita.

+ snakeeyes211 on October 24th, 2013 at 9:58 pm said:

I think they should try to release ps4 psn updates in East Coast time early like Microsoft does

+ kimchee75 on October 24th, 2013 at 9:58 pm said:

That was quick. Thank you very much.

+ snakeeyes211 on October 24th, 2013 at 10:00 pm said:

How will the clarity be in party chat or in general game chat on PS4 compared to PS3?

+ snakeeyes211 on October 24th, 2013 at 10:00 pm said:

A Sid (PS4)Is it possible to install the full game to the hard drive and just use the disc to boot up the game?

+ DetroitGamerDude on October 24th, 2013 at 10:12 pm said:

Wow Episode 95!? Cool. Now Where’s My Skyrim? LOL

+ camiwaits_us on October 24th, 2013 at 10:37 pm said:

I preordered my PS4, but i’m not sure which game i want at launch: Killzone Shadow Fall looks more next gen like, but Knack seems more fun.

+ UndreyVITA on October 24th, 2013 at 11:32 pm said:

Just finished listening to the episode, finally someone pronounced my name right :D (Mystery Theme winner)

+ KRONOS– on October 25th, 2013 at 1:30 am said:

Another fantastic blogcast. Enjoyed the interviews, as well as Justin’s top ten. And Justin, watch American Beauty!

Just for the hell of it, here are my top ten games of this gen:

10. God of War III
9. Heavy Rain
8. Assassin’s Creed II
7. Mass Effect 2
6. Red Dead Redemption
5. Metal Gear Solid 4
4. Grand Theft Auto V
3. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
2. The Last of Us
1. BioShock

If I had to include my favorite PSN games, the list will be too big. Journey, Dead Nation, Flower, and The Walking Dead are a few of my favorite.

+ GAM3R_16 on October 25th, 2013 at 1:38 am said:

Who’s responsible for the title? I bet it was Sid, he has a knack for cheesy puns.

I love them.

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Justin Massongill on October 25th, 2013 at 11:55 am said:

The extra-punny ones are usually Sid or Nick (or the two of them working together on it).

+ Spine999 on October 25th, 2013 at 3:33 am said:

I should get a cookie for suggesting Grace last week :)
Btw, maybe you guys should read on the blogcast the comments on this session as well.

+ Patsrule0316 on October 25th, 2013 at 4:05 am said:

With the switch to Soundcloud, it is much easier for me to hear the blogcast through our firewall! Thanks!

I preordered a PS4 and have a Vita, but never had a PS2 or PS3, so my top 10 of this generation will look different. I hope I don’t get in trouble for listing a game or two that was only available on the competition’s platform (I am really hoping the PS4 pulls off the Gaikai system well so I can try some of the PS3 exclusives like Journey, Last Of Us, Uncharted 2, and God of War)

My top 10 *(series with sequels only list the favorite game from the series)

1) Bioshock
2) Rock Band 3
3) Borderlands
4) Braid
5) Mass Effect 2
6) Dark Souls
7) Batman: Arkham City
8) Fallout 3
9) Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood
10) The Witcher 2

+ Sonicfan11589 on October 25th, 2013 at 5:36 am said:

Hi Gex Enter the Gecko was rated by ESRB for PS Vita and PS3. Will it be coming out soon or at all on PSN?

+ Teflon02 on October 25th, 2013 at 6:40 am said:

sonicfan, don’t hold your breath, Crash still didn’t get put on vita

+ KrisButtar on October 25th, 2013 at 8:03 am said:

Need some local multiplayer FPS plz and some new Yu-Gi-Oh

+ truantjohnny on October 25th, 2013 at 8:05 am said:

Thanks for the love guys! It is my birthday today and was awesome to hear you read my email and post my pumpkin carving!

+ hyperdude95 on October 25th, 2013 at 3:21 pm said:

5 more ’till the big 100! I remember when the first one aired a while ago, good times!

+ Squiggle55 on October 25th, 2013 at 4:25 pm said:

hooray for OMG HD Zombies coming out!

+ Squirtbot on October 25th, 2013 at 4:40 pm said:

Dear Sony,

Your customer support on the phone a moment ago, regarding the PS+ trial with my new PS3 GTA V Bundle not working, is garbage! They could not help me with my issue… You do not care about me as customer and I hate you and your products now. You no longer have my dedication or support. I am mad and irritated, that a simple problem of my code not working due to the fact that I’m already a Plus member, could not be fixed once they logged into my account and have seen the thousands of purchases I’ve made. I get it, apparently it’s a trial, but no where on the description does it state that it is solely for new customers. Part of the allure of the purchase was that I’d be getting an extra month of Plus.

Again, any manager at any store would have taken care of this issue in 5 seconds… It’s called customer service!

-Unhappy Customer

+ Apeman24 on October 26th, 2013 at 10:36 am said:

Greatness awaits!

+ kickbutter123 on October 26th, 2013 at 11:26 am said:

I think an upcoming games section on the Vita store would be cool :)

+ PsychoSploosh69 on October 26th, 2013 at 3:41 pm said:

Hey guys, really enjoyed the blogcast this week. I applaud Sid for trying to get an explanation of how the store works even though they snubbed you off an said “IT’S COMPLICATED!” I loved hearing Justin’s top 10 of this generation. Some great choices. I don’t see all the hype though about Last Of Us. I loved the game totally, but just as I was getting into it, the credits rolled. It was way too short. I played a few short playthroughs of maybe 2 hours or so and game over. Great game but way too short. It doesn’t even compare to Uncharted 2. I was disappointed at how short GTA V was also. So I agree with most of Justin’s picks because I prefer a longer more open world game. But that’s my opinion. Anyway keep up the great blogcasts.

+ suicideforce on October 27th, 2013 at 5:09 am said:

Excited for Proteus to be invading my PS Vita :) Game looks amazing! Love the blogcast guys, I always listen to it at work, helps time go by faster. Thanks again

+ PharmBoY044 on October 27th, 2013 at 12:21 pm said:

Hey Guys,

Really liked the podcast and appreciated that you spoke to the PSN store team. Can you please ask them for two things?

1. Can the NA PSN store please start supporting peloading? You already have other PSN store regions that support this feature. I don’t know why the NA store does not support this feature.

2. I know the PSN store team is targeting a Tuesday 2pm PST publish time but can you try publishing the retail/digital games (e.g. BF4, AC4, Ghost) at 12am est on Tuesday? No one will want to wait 14 hours until 2pm pst to have the store publish to start the download.

Thanks! :)

+ MajirXR on November 1st, 2013 at 1:52 am said:

I’m a little late… LOL!

My top 5: ( Not in any certain order )

1. FarCry 3