PS4-Infamous

Earth Defense Force 2025 Hits PS3 in February 2014, Pre-order Details Revealed

Kaori Takasue's Avatar + Posted by Kaori Takasue on Oct 28, 2013 // Product Manager

Earth Defense Force 2025, 08

EDF! EDF! EDF! Just shouting out this simple phrase brings back fond memories of Earth Defense Force 2017, and now I’m pumped to share more details about the launch of Earth Defense Force 2025 in February of next year. In particular, what fans can expect from some of the upcoming weapon packs that will be available via pre-order or DLC.

We’ve been on tour with Earth Defense Force 2025 for the last few months, showing off all its awesome features at events like E3, PAX Prime, and New York Comic-Con. Fans continuously ask us if the DLC from Japan will be available in North America and Europe. And I can proudly say “yes!” We’ll make sure all content from Japan makes it over here at some point, and we’ll have more details on all of that in the near future.

Earth Defense Force 2025, 06Earth Defense Force 2025, 05

In the meantime, we’re pleased to announce that customers at GameStop can start pre-ordering Earth Defense Force 2025 tomorrow, and will receive a special Weapons Pack for free.

Available exclusively to customers at GameStop is the Air Raider Weapons Pack, featuring:

• Pure Decoy Launcher (Setsu) — a weapon that distracts the enemy by discharging a large balloon that takes the shape of an attractive female, but the enemies will meet their fate when the balloon unexpectedly self destructs, destroying everything in its vicinity.
  • The BMO3 Vegalta Gold — a limited edition, gold-coated model that will reflect radar waves and has a combat burner to throw flames. Players will also be able to take flight for short periods of time with it equipped.

We have plans to include additional Weapons Packs that will be available via pre-order or DLC, and will include the packs below. We’ll be sure to have more details on where exactly to find these packs, soon!

The Fencer Weapons Pack

• Ifrit — A cannon that launches rockets that will separate and disperse over the sea. Each rocket is equipped with multiple incendiary bombs that will ignite upon contact, causing massive damage.
  • Blood Storm — A powerful cannon that will separate midair and rain down on the enemy’s head and inflict damage on an entire area.

Earth Defense Force 2025, 02

Earth Defense Force 2025, 03Earth Defense Force 2025, 04

The Wing Diver Weapons Pack

• Reflectron Laser — A special laser that fires in two directions and can even shoot through narrow passageways. It’s an effective weapon with giant insects, as it can maximize range without obstruction.
  • Gleipnir — This super weapon silently discharges balls of energy with the ability to launch continuous attacks. Only Wing Divers can use this weapon, as it requires the Psionic Link.

The Ranger Weapons Pack

• Volatile Napalm — A military grade discharge device that sets everything ablaze and damages the target and surrounding areas.
  • Pure Decoy Launcher (Mian) — a weapon that distracts the enemy by discharging a large balloon that takes the shape of an attractive female, but the enemies will meet their fate when the balloon unexpectedly self destructs, destroying everything in its vicinity.

Earth Defense Force 2025 will be available in February 2014, and we have fun plans leading up to the launch. Earth Defense Force 2025 stays true to what you liked most about Earth Defense Force 2017, but now features more than 700 weapons, dozens more missions, four-player online multiplayer (for the first time on console), high-powered vehicles, and numerous upgrades that you’ll need to see to believe.

Come on over to our Facebook, as we have a great community of fans that share wonderful ideas, and we plan to do some cool reveals on there in the future. I can’t wait to share more about EDF with all of you on PlayStation.Blog as we get closer to launch.

Thanks!

+ G-Force08 on October 28th, 2013 at 9:36 am said:

“E.D.F.! E.D.F.! E.D.F.!”

Sweet. Looking forward to this. :D

+ poodude on October 28th, 2013 at 9:36 am said:

EDF! EDF! EDF!

Kaori Takasue's Avatar

+ Kaori Takasue on October 28th, 2013 at 4:34 pm said:

Love it! EDF! EDF! EDF!

+ Subsided_Assasin on October 28th, 2013 at 9:45 am said:

I really hope its like the first EDF not like Insect Armaggendon. The first one was crazy stupid fun but the second was kinda boring

+ FearMonkey on October 28th, 2013 at 9:48 am said:

Yay to EDF!!!

Boo to GameStop exclusive content. :(

+ Zionine on October 28th, 2013 at 9:51 am said:

Dat Vita support? :)

+ Relkin43 on October 28th, 2013 at 9:54 am said:

Yay! The original creators of the series are bringing their game back to us instead of that US company which made the mediocre version :D

+ Broccosparagus on October 28th, 2013 at 10:18 am said:

Giggling at the Mian Dream C Club Balloon decoy.

+ Elvick_ on October 28th, 2013 at 10:23 am said:

Still annoyed you didn’t bring a retail version of the PS Vita game. So a big ol’ meh. Would never play a game like this on console these days.

+ CyborgGreyFox on October 28th, 2013 at 10:41 am said:

As long as it’s like 2017 instead of Insect Armageddon, I’m freaking excited. 2017 was insane fun with tons of different enemies, tons of missions and tons of different scenery. Insect Armageddon had…cities…and spiders….and…about 20 weapons per class?

+ xKOROSHIYAx on October 28th, 2013 at 10:53 am said:

Those worried about this game because of Insect Armageddon, don’t worry! I.A. was made by a Western developer, but 2025 is made by Sandlot, the original Japanese studio that made 2017 and the older games in the series!

I REALLY wish this preorder bonus wasn’t exclusive to Gamestop. I use Amazon for all of my game purchases because GS in my area is horrible. I’ll still be preordering on Amazon, I can live without the DLC or might pick it up later. Please consider other retailers in the future!

EDF! EDF! EDF!

Kaori Takasue's Avatar

+ Kaori Takasue on October 28th, 2013 at 4:41 pm said:

This is only the first announcement for DLC. GameStop features the Air Raider, but you’ll see the other DLC’s popping up at other retailers, so stay tuned!
    Just note, all the DLC in Japan will eventually be available in Western territories.
    And of course EDF! EDF! EDF!

+ AnoyoIkari on October 28th, 2013 at 11:27 am said:

Loving EDF on my vita. I may very well have to pick this up when it releases. Does Pale Wing deploy attractive “male” decoys?

+ Zionine on October 28th, 2013 at 12:25 pm said:

I second this guy^
EDF on my Vita is so much fun! :)

+ Sk8erfreakmatt10 on October 28th, 2013 at 12:25 pm said:

YES! i was going to import this game, but saw it came out in February so i decided against it. I absolutely love this series. I’ll probably go ahead and pre order this. I can’t freaking wait!

Kaori Takasue's Avatar

+ Kaori Takasue on October 28th, 2013 at 4:43 pm said:

Thank you! We got a ton of great dialogue in the game that will get you laughing. You want to be able to enjoy the first online multiplayer support on console in full blown ENGLISH!

+ Broccosparagus on October 28th, 2013 at 12:56 pm said:

11 AnoyoIkari on October 28th, 2013 at 11:27 am said:

Does Pale Wing deploy attractive “male” decoys?

Doubtful, there’s no female targeted equivalent to Dream C Club.

Give Dream C Club a few more years and one’ll pop up sooner or later.

+ Rezolution77 on October 28th, 2013 at 2:51 pm said:

No thanks.

+ tusunami on October 28th, 2013 at 3:08 pm said:

So this is another installment from the series. Interesting to see how this game will be.

+ my360broke_again on October 28th, 2013 at 3:55 pm said:

are they kidding? PS3? My ps4 will be here soon. With no backwards compatibility.
I wish Sony would explain whether stuff like this will be on Gaikai, and it cost a stupid amount of money.
Sony has already proven that they have ZERO desire whatsoever to go all digital. With new PS4 digital games selling at the FULL price of 60$. How does that make sense in ANY universe. PC games sell for 10$ cheaper. Why wouldn’t console digital games. Give us ONE reason why we shouldn’t buy physical copies, beat them, and sell them for 75% of the price we paid.
You are doing things right on the Vita. Great sales. prices that almost make sense on new games. I am 95% all digital on the vita and 95% all physical on my ps3 and it will be the same on the ps4.

+ Biggz124 on October 28th, 2013 at 4:17 pm said:

This should’ve been a PS4/Vita title.

+ supvic on October 28th, 2013 at 4:41 pm said:

PLEASE please PLEASE give us a Robot Alchemic Drive sequel or remake, I’m BEGGING! It runs on the same engine as the EDF games. Even just an HD remake would be more than enough for me because it lagged so much on the PS2, so a bit more power from the PS3 is all it needs. Incredibly underrated game.

Love EDF and RAD, by far the best games on PS2 right after Devil May Cry and Ratchet and Clank.

+ supvic on October 28th, 2013 at 4:44 pm said:

oh and will this have Stereoscopic 3D support? at Comic Con it was running in 3D but it was never officially announced..

+ xKOROSHIYAx on October 28th, 2013 at 4:46 pm said:

@Kaori Takasue

Thanks for the clarification on the DLC. I’ve been looking forward to playing this game since it was first announced for Japan! EDF! EDF! EDF!

+ jimmyfoxhound on October 28th, 2013 at 5:17 pm said:

Oh YEAH baby!! I loooooooooove EDF and I cannot wait for this! Will definitly be preordering it! Also I second the person talking about Robot Alchemic Drive, that was the most amazing game on the PS2. Yes the voice acting was super cheesy but the remote control of massive robots was just flat out amazing. Still play the game to this day. If we can’t get a nother R.A.D. how about offering it as a PS2 classic on the PSN store??

+ Gamerzlimited on October 28th, 2013 at 6:14 pm said:

Like Koroshiya said, I was kind of worried about this game because of crappy Insect Armageddon was. I guess I’ll give this series a 2nd chance.

@Rezolution77 Then why did you even bother to post? Totally sounds like you are interested. Stop trolling already, I’m getting sick and tired of it.

+ Monterossa on October 29th, 2013 at 1:55 am said:

kinda otaku-ish.

+ AnoyoIkari on October 29th, 2013 at 4:10 am said:

@Broccosoaragus, I didn’t even realize it was a visual nod to Dream C Club. Thanks for the knowledge drop there, good on you.

+ Unicroninf on October 29th, 2013 at 10:21 am said:

Curious, will it have English voice acting? Hopefully both, to pacify everyone, but to me it is a big consideration.
Though I am really looking forward to the game, multiplayer is fun as hell on 2017, so I can probably expect the same here.

+ matman125 on October 29th, 2013 at 4:13 pm said:

D3Pub, will you be bringing over any of D3 Japan’s games over, like any of the actual Dream C Club games? Or OneeChanbara Z ~ Kagura ~ With NoNoNo!?

Thanks for keeping the DLC for this release, too! Looking forward to pre-ordering as soon as it’s up!

+ PrinceofXIII on October 30th, 2013 at 12:56 am said:

EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF!!!

and agree with matman125

can you also bring Dream C Club games and OneeChanbara Z ~ Kagura ~ With NoNoNo!!!!!!

i cancelled my ordered with Onechanbara Z Kagura PS3 thinking you might announce it in the near future.

so please announce it now!!!