PS4-Watch_Dogs

LittleBigPlanet Update: It’s Halloween!

Steven Isbell's Avatar + Posted by Steven Isbell on Oct 28, 2013 // LittleBigPlanet Community Coordinator

LittleBigPlanet Update 10-28-2013

It’s the 20th Anniversary of Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas and to celebrate this milestone anniversary of one of our all-time favorite fantasy movies, we present to you this brand new Level Kit that will allow you to visit Halloween Town for yourself in LittleBigPlanet 2 and LittleBigPlanet PS Vita for the ultimate Halloween experience!

Meet Jack Skellington and Sally, Dr. Finkelstein and even Oogie Boogie too!
Explore this dark wonderland packed full of fun and scares whilst seeking out the treats scattered throughout the town that will give your Sackboy or Sackgirl just what they need to create their own dark and spooky levels!

Frankenweenie Minipack Coming This Week

LittleBigPlanet Update 10-28-2013

Victor and Sparky also arrive to LittleBigPlanet this week in our brand new minipack based on another popular Tim Burton movie, Frankenweenie. This movie tells the tale of the brilliant young scientist Victor and his pet dog Sparky, a friend that he loved so much that even he learned of a way to be reunited with him even after a tragic accident looked set to part them!

The Frankenweenie Minipack contains costumes of both Victor and Sparky and we’re sure that you will agree that Sparky is possibly the cutest undead friend that a boy could have! If you want to dress up as these characters, you will be able to pick up the Frankenweenie Minipack later this week.

Halloween Haunting Team Picks

So your Sackboy or Sackgirl is all dressed up for Halloween and it’s time to creep and crawl your way across LittleBigPlanet for all-sorts of fun and scares. If you consider yourself to be a very brave Sackmonster in your Halloween costume, then be sure to queue up these special Halloween Hauntings levels and join in the fun!

LittleBigPlanet Update 10-28-2013

Do you have a spooky LittleBigPlanet 2 or LittleBigPlanet PS Vita level that you would like recommend for the Halloween Hauntings, send us a tweet to @LittleBigPlanet or tell us about it in the comments below.

Collect the exclusive FREE Pumpkin Mask!

LittleBigPlanet Update 10-28-2013

It’s Halloween! So you know what that means! The ever-popular Halloween Pumpkin Mask will be returning this week! This FREE costume is also amongst the goodies that can be picked up later this week, so don’t forget to grab this free treat for Halloween and bring this traditional pumpkin carving to life with your own Halloween Costume.

LittleBigPlanet Update 10-28-2013

LittleBigPlanet.com
Forums
Facebook
Twitter
YouTube

LittleBigPlanet Update 10-28-2013

+ Elvick_ on October 28th, 2013 at 11:13 am said:

Puppeteer costumes please!

+ Stranger_Eddie on October 28th, 2013 at 11:29 am said:

Best LBP art ever made!

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on October 28th, 2013 at 12:21 pm said:

I know! How could you possibly not adore Sparky? :)

+ Painkiller360 on October 28th, 2013 at 1:10 pm said:

I want some The Nightmare Before Christmas psn avatars!

+ Sirr_Pittoloco on October 28th, 2013 at 1:17 pm said:

Hey Steven is little Big Planet Karting going to receivea level kit? I still play this and I love it a lot i noticed the Nightmare before christmas kart pack but I want a level kit. lol thanks! Little Big planet karting needs some love too

+ Rezolution77 on October 28th, 2013 at 2:53 pm said:

So by “celebrate”, does that mean “free” ?

Probably not, guess I will just have to be left out of the party on this one.

“Its too bad commercialism, has the tendency to ruin everything”

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on October 29th, 2013 at 3:45 am said:

The Halloween Pumpkin Mask and the Halloween Team Picks are free to everyone, even if a creator uses the new creation assets from The Nightmare Before Christmas Level Kit, you will still be able to play their level. :)

Don’t forget that if you have a friend that owns a Level Kit that you do not, they can still take you to the level to play it, you just can’t collect and keep the new goodies within it.

So if you can get a group of friends together, only one of you needs to own the pack to be able to visit Halloween Town for a proper Halloween Party! :)

+ tusunami on October 28th, 2013 at 3:06 pm said:

The LBP2 updates are great the continued support is amazing.

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on October 29th, 2013 at 3:47 am said:

Glad you like! We still have plenty of exciting things on the way! :)

+ D-Squad3 on October 28th, 2013 at 4:05 pm said:

That’s sick

+ Flukbuk on October 28th, 2013 at 4:47 pm said:

@Rezolution77

The irony of your statement is that without evil commercialism, things like enjoying the art of video games wouldn’t exist. We all are driven to contribute to society and improve ourselves in the hopes that we will be rewarded. Do you have a better way to set up society? How about the government pays for all of your gaming needs and you can just sit and play all day long?

+ Gamerzlimited on October 28th, 2013 at 5:52 pm said:

Awesome. Can’t wait to grab the Pumpkin Mask. Been waiting months just to get that costume. Can’t wait for Thanksgiving and Christmas so I can get the free costumes for those as well.

@Rezolution77 Congratulations! You officially became one of my top 10 trolls of the PS Blog. How does that feel?

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on October 29th, 2013 at 3:49 am said:

Psst… We have the Birthday Cake Costume returning next week for LittleBigPlanet’s birthday…
    You won’t want to miss that either… ;)

+ hanhtinhla92 on October 28th, 2013 at 7:48 pm said:

thật tuyệt vời !!!!!

+ YorlecmNwahs on October 28th, 2013 at 8:35 pm said:

Go to Google

Search “Let’s Get FlatOut Head On PS Vita Compatible”

Click on the first result.

Sign the petition please.

+ ThumbsOfSteel74 on October 28th, 2013 at 10:47 pm said:

@Rezolution77: You tell ‘em, buddy! How DARE those corporate bastards try to STEAL money from you by CHARGING for something they made?! FFS.

On topic: Love these new costumes. So apparently there is just the one level in the level kit. I would have preferred a multi-level pack with new trophies like they did with Muppets. Might have pulled me back in for a while. But this is still nice. Glad folks are out there all these years later making new levels. :)

+ Gamerzlimited on October 29th, 2013 at 5:51 am said:

Totally forgot about that one. Would have been disappointed if I had missed it. Thanks for the reminder, Steven! I’ll be there to celebrate Sackboy’s birthday. :)

@YorlecmNwahs How long must you treat Americans like idiots? We all know that it only benefits you and we aren’t going to sign your stupid petition. Stop spamming it already. I still don’t understand why Sony hasn’t banned you yet. This is clearly considered advertising.

+ Frejim on October 29th, 2013 at 7:32 am said:

Please make new costumes to celebrate Holidays, I’ve had the pumpkin mask since you released it first time!!
Same with the other ones!

+ Welmosca on October 29th, 2013 at 9:10 am said:

Oh the Nightmare Before Christmas level kit looks amazing…I still need to get it….will be getting this week probably….btw those Frankenweenie costumes looks incredible…ha good job Mm as always they look identical to the movie….and good thing for those that still dont have the Pumpkin mask,I grabbed that one some years ago…also I have some awesome spooky levels to recommend but they’re not mine,can I still recommend?

Thank you Mm for always bringing new goodies to us.

+ HE1SENBERG on October 29th, 2013 at 10:55 am said:

Thanks for the continued support, and thanks in particular for making it clear when seasonal costumes are made available. This is the first year that I’ve made a concerted effort to grab every free LBP DLC.

I’m still holding out hope that we’ll see the Astronaut again once LBP Hub releases.

+ Rezolution77 on October 29th, 2013 at 12:00 pm said:

Flukbuk ,Gamerzlimited, ThumbsOfSteel74
Feels good, thanks for noticing.

But troll, seriously? Yet again another person/persons to talk about what “I” have to say, rather than give their own personal opinion on “their own” view of the game / services.

As for Steven Isbell
Thank you, for at least giving an alternative for trying to make friends, and to share something with others.

But as most are more interested in themselves, or rather interested in sharing real friends are hard to find.

+ Rezolution77 on October 29th, 2013 at 12:02 pm said:

Sorry need to ^ the word opinions/ criticisms between sharing ^and real.

+ Rezolution77 on October 29th, 2013 at 12:04 pm said:

As for ThumbsOfSteel74 , way to go buddy.

Way to be a corporate pawn.

+ Rezolution77 on October 29th, 2013 at 12:15 pm said:

As for Flukbuk

As I have already bought the downloaded copy of LBP Vita, I hardly expect everything for free,
but my grievance was with the idea that they made it sound like a celebration, just so long as you can pay for it.

You can do as you like, everyone eventually does.

But whether or not anyone is listening at that point, *much like the fact that people such as yourselves are not allowing this site to be kept as a place for people to express their concerns, qualms, or even praise, to be used by more, thereby making a larger community*

Just because you do not like what someone has to say, does not mean you have to try to keep them from speaking what they feel, and being stricken from the record, or “bashed”.

It would obviously show what little faith, you have in your own words.

+ Flukbuk on October 29th, 2013 at 4:00 pm said:

@ Rezolution77

Hey I didn’t mean to bash you or say you have no right to express your opinion here. It’s a public forum and you have some well thought out arguments. I was simply asking if you had an alternative idea to our current system. I mean, if an artist works hard to create something that the public wants, then IMO they have a right to profit off of that. I agree with you on principle though that DLC in general is a bad trend for the gaming industry. I miss the old days where you’d buy a game on a cartridge, and you brought home a complete package without any need for patches or extra content. So I vote with my wallet and don’t generally buy DLC, but nor do I expect them to constantly create new content without charging for it.

+ Gamerzlimited on October 29th, 2013 at 8:58 pm said:

@Rezolution77 Gee, I don’t know. You sounded like you we’re trolling than giving out your opinion. I couldn’t tell the difference and I was kinda kidding about calling you one of my top 10 trolls. If you were, you probably be 9th or 10th place. So it not as bad as you think. I just never seen you act that way until now. Maybe I went kind of harsh thinking you were. The real troll is the guy who keeps spamming that Flatout petition. You may think he isn’t, but did you know the game he petitioning for “isn’t” on US PSN? He’s just using you for his own benefits.

+ doubleG07 on October 30th, 2013 at 10:14 pm said:

Just realized after downloading (didnt read the fine print) that it was only one level as part of the kit. Kind-of disappointed in this versus the other kits in the past that had multiple levels…..