Minecraft PS4

PS Plus: Sine Mora Free for Members

Kristine Steimer's Avatar + Posted by Kristine Steimer on Oct 28, 2013 // Sr. Community Specialist

Ever feel like you don’t have enough time? Well, that’s by design in Sine Mora, where classic shoot-em-up mechanics (or shmup, if you like saying funny words) are blended with a new twist: you’re racing against the clock. Instead of scoring points, you’ll hunt down enemies to gain precious seconds and hopefully avoid the Game Over screen. PlayStation Plus members get the PS Vita version of this title for free starting tomorrow.

It’s week 2 of our Sale of the Dead promotion, and that means you can save money on awesome titles like the recently released Puppeteer, the classic BioShock and the adorable Costume Quest. There’s a great variety of content available — check it all out below.

You can take advantage of all these PS Plus benefits after the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow, October 29th.

PlayStation Plus Update 10-29-2013
PlayStation Plus: Instant Game Collection

Sine Mora (PS Vita)

Free for PS Plus members, Regular Price: $9.99

Sine Mora
SINE MORA is a horizontal shoot’em up that provides a unique take on challenge, where time is the ultimate factor. Mixing classic shooter sensibilities with contemporary presentation, SINE MORA is a gorgeous shmup that offers a Story Mode that weaves an over-the-top tale and an Arcade Mode that provides deep, satisfying gameplay to challenge fans of the genre.

PlayStation Plus: Discounts

Lone Survivor Vita $8.99 $9.99 $12.99
Metro: Last Light $29.99 $39.99 $59.99
Puppeteer $19.59 $27.99 $39.99
Siren: Blood Curse Episodes 1-12 $9.99 $19.99 $39.99
The Darkness II $15.99 $19.99 $39.99

PlayStation Plus: Last Chance

We’ll be back next week to add another title to the Instant Game Collection as well as any other benefits, like super sweet discounts.

If you’ve got feedback on today’s Plus update make sure vote in the poll and leave a comment below. To discuss all things PlayStation, including this update, you can also head over to the PlayStation Community Forums where you’ll find topics you can contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself.

+ RulitoCR on October 28th, 2013 at 9:15 am said:

Awesome sale!! I will get Castlevania, Doom and DMC!!!

+ RodSquad1167 on October 28th, 2013 at 9:19 am said:

I think if Siren: Blood Curse had ever gotten a trophy update, it would’ve been a much bigger game. It was really fun, but I think lack of trophies really killed it for some people.

+ Welmosca on October 28th, 2013 at 9:19 am said:

I’m really glad to be getting this on the IGC….always wanted to try but never wanted to pay for it….looks like a good and fun game….and I’m getting Darkstalkers,both Fatal Frame games and I am Alive in the sweet Horror Week sale.Thanks Sony for all this goodness.

+ HE1SENBERG on October 28th, 2013 at 9:23 am said:

Will we be seeing an update to the Vita’s long term IGC next month?

+ Johnny_Leyenda on October 28th, 2013 at 9:26 am said:

I wish Sine Mora was for PS3 as well.
In any case, nothing for me this week, I spent all my money on horror and mystery books right before the sale, haha.

If I could make ONE request it would be that the Next Month Plus Preview was posted earlier, it’s no fun having to wait until a few days before the beginning of the month (sometimes ONE day before) to know what we’ll be getting. I assume we’ll start to get fewer stuff since PS4 launches on November (I’m speaking for the people that can’t afford or will not be getting the new system for a while), so at the same time I expect an increase in the quality of PS3 titles given for free. No, this is not a complaint, but rather a request/doubt.

+ AnoyoIkari on October 28th, 2013 at 9:29 am said:

No discount on Fatal Fame III: The Tormented? Dang I was planning on picking up all 3 on the cheap.

+ M_Wallstreet on October 28th, 2013 at 9:29 am said:

Can someone tell me if the WWE 2K14 Season Pass will be up today at all or if it will be tomorrow. The game releases at midnight tonight and I’d like to have the Season Pass when I start playing it.

+ peanut0423 on October 28th, 2013 at 9:30 am said:

Haven’t played Sine Mora, but I look forward to trying it.

+ Maxomega on October 28th, 2013 at 9:32 am said:

tdlypsdoff brings up a good point. Why is it that Europe usually gets their PS Plus update information weeks in advance and the US usually doesn’t know until the last minute? I understand we receive different games because of regional differences but how does that effect the sharing of information about upcoming titles? Please let me make clear, I LOVE PS Plus and it I think it is hands down one the best entertainment services available. Still, foreknowledge of upcoming titles would only serve to improve an already terrific service.

+ alexRSBR on October 28th, 2013 at 9:34 am said:

Great! I really enjoyed Sine Mora’s demo!

+ MrCrazher on October 28th, 2013 at 9:36 am said:

Feedback on this? Give us proper games for PS+ like the EU gives. Remember Me wouldn’t hurt, but having seen the game comparisons over the past few months it’s unlikely huh?

+ UndeadUzumaki on October 28th, 2013 at 9:38 am said:

Someone please, can say it to me, when it’s gonna be anounced the games for psn plus of november?

+ Zezzler on October 28th, 2013 at 9:44 am said:

I can’t wait to get my hands on sine mora tomorrow! I’ll probably be picking up Lone Survivor sometime this week too. At that process how could I pass it up.

+ Ahabenezer on October 28th, 2013 at 9:48 am said:

Any word on when November games get posted? I know EU got Assassin’s Creed III in September, and it looks like they are slated to get Metal Gear and Remember Me (three games I’d love to have in the US collection) in November.

+ hartbrek310 on October 28th, 2013 at 9:54 am said:

I wouldn’t recommend picking up Costume Quest as the game is broken and unable to be finished. There is a glitch in the game when you get French Fry costume where you can’t go any further in the game. I’ve looked it up online and every site says that it won’t get fixed. Disappointed as it was a fun game until that happened.

+ hartbrek310 on October 28th, 2013 at 9:55 am said:

Sorry had a question I meant to ask as well. My Plus expires on Jan 3/14, if I renew tomorrow for the 50$ for 10$ back sale, does it change the renewal date to one year from today, or would be Jan 3/15 now?? Thanks

+ ThumbsOfSteel74 on October 28th, 2013 at 10:03 am said:

I couldn’t possibly care less when the November Plus post shows up. I know it will be a few days from now at most, and I also know I can wait. Cue 500 more people asking just to get a reply like “Soon!” (See above.) Gotta say I like Kristine’s style. :)

Remember Me was offered to Plus members for $14…2 FRIGGIN WEEKS AGO. If you didn’t buy it then, that’s really too bad. Offering it for free now would obviously reinforce the notion that they will give us games right after they go on sale. Which will only cause people to overreact (again) and stop buying games on sale in hopes of getting them for free.

Highly recommend Costume Quest and the DLC (not on sale). I got Costume Quest through the IGC and enjoyed it so much I paid full price for the DLC and loved it, too. A little short for what you pay, but I knew that going in.

+ Todoh789 on October 28th, 2013 at 10:03 am said:

Heya Kristine, hope you can answer a few questions
1- How much will Proteus be?

2- Can you provide the price and/or size in GB of Pacman The Ghostly Adventures that’s releasing tomorrow on PSN?

3- What other titles or franchises can we expect to go on sale tomorrow?

+ ThumbsOfSteel74 on October 28th, 2013 at 10:07 am said:

@hartbrek310: Not sure what your point is but apparently “every site” is wrong: I played and beat everything there is to beat in Costume Quest in May of this year. Costume Quest is not broken as you say.

+ gold_og_roger on October 28th, 2013 at 10:08 am said:

Sine Mora reminds me of the great Treasure and Cave shooter days, I loved those bullet hell shooters! I’d kill for a Ikaruga\ Radiant SIlvergun compilation on PS4 or PS3. Sale price on the new Devil May Cry is great too! It makes it so that you can afford the old Dante DLC skin when checking out of SEN. Lol.

+ BlueOyster on October 28th, 2013 at 10:17 am said:

Does Dead Space 2 includes “Extraction”?

+ chavez1138 on October 28th, 2013 at 10:18 am said:

easy to achieve 50 usd with this sale, does anyone knows when we should get our 10 usd back?

+ Todoh789 on October 28th, 2013 at 10:19 am said:

You get it in November.

+ WICKEDGHOST187 on October 28th, 2013 at 10:21 am said:

kristine when will we see the ign app come to the vita.

+ Elvick_ on October 28th, 2013 at 10:24 am said:

You really should have more DLC go on sale for these things.

+ Elvick_ on October 28th, 2013 at 10:25 am said:

@64: Um, I beat Costume Quest with no problems. Beat the DLC no problem…

+ hartbrek310 on October 28th, 2013 at 10:28 am said:

@ThumbsofSteel74 not sure how you pulled that off then, as it is broken. They even posted that on this site at http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PSN-Games-General/Game-Breaking-bug-in-Costume-Quest/td-p/30937295

Google Costume Quest French Fry Bug and you’ll see lots of people talking about the bug. It’s a major glitch in the game.

+ XxSTORM_FRONTxX on October 28th, 2013 at 10:38 am said:

Poker Night 2 if you let the game save after each hand you wont have the problem of it freezing on ya.

+ Satnamji on October 28th, 2013 at 10:57 am said:

Will the three longer term Vita games in the IGC (Uncharted Golden Abyss, Wipeout 2048, and Gravity Rush) be switched out next month? It will have been a whole year. I think it’s time we saw LBP, Sly Cooper Thieves in Time, and Resistance Burning Skies added in their place. :D

+ juarias70 on October 28th, 2013 at 11:05 am said:

I want Bioshock!!!!

+ Sarrop39 on October 28th, 2013 at 11:11 am said:

Awesome, getting Siren and both Fatal Frame games this week :)

+ Paulo_PSX on October 28th, 2013 at 11:24 am said:

Dead Island promotion is already out? :/

+ DurtDittie on October 28th, 2013 at 11:29 am said:

OMG!!! its about time Siren Blood Curse went on sale, that game has been 40 buck since it came out in the store, will not pass up this deal. Thank you PS+ Gods :’)

+ Benford_83 on October 28th, 2013 at 11:34 am said:

I had a little moment of happiness reading “Sine Mora Free” as I loved all the previews for this game, only to be completely disappointed yet again with a Vita Only free game. Isn’t this game on PSN for PS3 as well? I’m not a PS VIta owner and I don’t intend to be one and a signed up for PS Plus expecting free games for the PS3 every week. To have certain weeks with vita only games makes me feel like I shouldn’t be subscribed to this service. :( sad.

+ deadendblues on October 28th, 2013 at 11:43 am said:

Seeing no love for puppeteer but I’m certainly picking that up for twenty bucks. Sorry PlayStation but I’m going to spoil your plus news next Monday, two games that will be free resogun and contrast. Ps4 excitement !!!!!

+ ThumbsOfSteel74 on October 28th, 2013 at 11:43 am said:

@Benford_83: Please go away. Plus is not, and was never intended to be, a service that provides free games every week that they somehow know you will like AND not already own. Grow up.

+ DoutorPierre on October 28th, 2013 at 11:44 am said:

Sine Mora its probably the first game in vita igc that i dislike (i joined in june)
But the discounts saved this update for sure

+ Knightedrik on October 28th, 2013 at 11:53 am said:

DMC for me, I own the retail version.. but I’m gonna get the digital version. Game is pretty awesome, especially at the $14 price.

+ Knightedrik on October 28th, 2013 at 11:54 am said:

@86 Agreed.

+ Mando44646 on October 28th, 2013 at 11:54 am said:

Already own Sine More and I don’t enjoy it. I despise games with time limit mechanics in them. Time limits ruin the experience for me. Maybe others will like it though.

I think I’ll pick up DMC for 14 bucks. Sounds like a great deal

+ Vextalon on October 28th, 2013 at 11:56 am said:

This such a great sale. I’m obviously going to pick DmC for that low of a price. But I’m curious as to why the first two Fatal Frames are on sale and not the Third one with it. plus it would have been incredible to pick up the classic Siren for a discounted price. Any chance that it will go on sale in the coming months or more of the PS2 classics since the PS4 is going to be rolling out soon?

+ UnholyBahamut on October 28th, 2013 at 12:04 pm said:

Fatal Frame :3

+ nolo451 on October 28th, 2013 at 12:07 pm said:

cool, wanted to buy sine mora when it came out, but I never did.

I’ll definitely enjoy this.

+ Zeluiz_Araujo on October 28th, 2013 at 12:15 pm said:

Hi, I’m looking for some info but can’t find it anywhere.

I bought two games: one for 9.99 and another for 39.99.

Total: 49.98

Will I get 10 dollars back? Or do I need to spend 2 more cents?

Thanks!

+ angibri2000 on October 28th, 2013 at 12:17 pm said:

Hey Kristine….

…BEYOND!!!! ^_^

+ Redvail on October 28th, 2013 at 12:19 pm said:

Is their a system error in the October 10$ deal for each 50$ worth of purchases? Because I’ve ordered over 50$ and still haven’t received my 10$.

+ Zeluiz_Araujo on October 28th, 2013 at 12:22 pm said:

@Redvail

You get the 10 dollars in november 8th.

+ BlueBl1zzard on October 28th, 2013 at 12:28 pm said:

@Zeluiz_Araujo I wouldn’t take the chance. I’d say spend the 2 cents to be on the safe side.

@Redvail normally when Playstation does promotions like these, you don’t get your $10 back until around the first or second week after it ends (1st-2nd week of November)

+ Rojo_Capo on October 28th, 2013 at 12:29 pm said:

I can’t understand why people are constantly complaining about the games your are getting? You have to be kidding, it’s only 50$ a year so like 4$ a month, and this one alone we got the poker game, kingdoms of Amalur and shadow of the colossus, you are paying a little over a buck for any of these games !!! That is the cost of a can of soda!!! Hhahah seriously people think about it. I can not be any happier about my PS+ subscription.

+ kmetek on October 28th, 2013 at 12:30 pm said:

people you need to start to read :)