GTAV PS4

Listen to the World’s Radio with TuneIn for PS3 and PS Vita

Max Batt's Avatar + Posted by Max Batt on Oct 29, 2013 // Senior Designer, TuneIn

TuneIn on PS3 and PS Vita

TuneIn is the world’s most popular service for listening to live, online radio. With more than 70,000 AM, FM, and internet radio stations, TuneIn brings the world to you. You can download TuneIn for your PS3 later on today from PlayStation Store. The PS Vita system version will be available next week.

At TuneIn, we’re constantly improving on our designs for phones, tablets, automobiles, and smart TVs, but even so, we can confidently say our PlayStation app is one of the most visually stunning apps we’ve ever developed. To us, the best thing about TuneIn for PlayStation is that gamers can enjoy this amazing service wherever they are, whether it’s on their PS3 at home, or on the go with their PS Vita.

While working on designing TuneIn Radio for PS3 and PS Vita, our goal was to make it easy for you to find and discover what you love, from music, sports, talk, and news, to live music festivals, concerts, and events. Here are just a few of the great features on the TuneIn Radio app:

• World’s Radio: With over 70,000 stations and 2 million podcasts from around the world, TuneIn is a leading service for listening to music, sports, and news.
  • Live Music: Live Music on TuneIn lets listeners discover and enjoy unplugged, acoustic, and even local performances from their favorite artists — plus, TuneIn has partnered with the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival, Austin’s SXSW, San Francisco’s Outside Lands, and Seattle’s Bumbershoot to make live music festivals available to music fans everywhere.
  • Sports: TuneIn offers listeners the ability to catch a wide variety of live sports, including college football, cricket, lacrosse, and baseball.
  • Talk: Listen to the world’s best comedians and personalities on TuneIn, like NPR’s “Fresh Air,” “This American Life,” or the Adam Carolla Show.

TuneIn on PS3 and PS VitaTuneIn on PS3 and PS Vita

PS3 was the perfect place for us to express a wilder side of TuneIn, with the console’s powerful hardware and graphics, and sleek, fun interfaces. The app also boasts rock-solid response times, thanks to the PS3 hardware. So, the result is something not only aesthetically unique, but fast; one of the fastest versions of TuneIn yet. Needless to say, it’s something we’re all very proud of.

You can find TuneIn Radio in the “What’s New” and “TV/Video Services” sections on the PS3 system XMB, as well as in the “Apps” section of PlayStation Store later on today. The PS Vita version can be found in the Apps subsection in the PS Vita store when it’s available next week.

Follow TuneIn on Facebook, Twitter, and our blog to stay up to date on live events, new stations, and more. And don’t forget to download the app and let us know what you think!

PAGE 1 2

+ The_Dukenator on October 29th, 2013 at 1:47 pm said:

@48 Funny thing about radio stations is they have a call letters. I’m listening to KSDN FM, a local radio station here. The only issue is they’re 30-60s off of the broadcast.

+ plaztiksyke on October 29th, 2013 at 2:22 pm said:

Is this just a discovery front-end for other web sites, or does this service host the audio as well?

I’d love to listen to my podcasts (Nerdist; Dana Gould Hour; KCRW’s Left Right and Center; This American Life; Fresh Air; Hardcore History) in better quality than is available via the iOS podcast app.

I’d really love a podcast app that enumerated the products referenced in the given show. Like when Dana Gould references a DVD of a monster movie, it would be great to just have that as a clickable link from the podcast summary page.

+ SpikeNL on October 29th, 2013 at 2:57 pm said:

Hopefully soon also in Europe! :D

+ stefer09 on October 29th, 2013 at 3:11 pm said:

Thanks for the replies Max!!!

+ Boltatsar on October 29th, 2013 at 3:13 pm said:

Love the app…. but is anyone having issues with the app? Mine has crashed about 3 times which has required a hard reset of my console.

+ OnlineProdigy360 on October 29th, 2013 at 3:27 pm said:

Will the SKYFM internet radio app release on the Vita in the future? I loved the app on the PSP and used it frequently.

+ GGCAN on October 29th, 2013 at 3:52 pm said:

Max, thank you for bringing this app to the PS3 and soon to the Vita.

I love it !

+ AngelCROME on October 29th, 2013 at 4:02 pm said:

HEY PLAYSTATION GUYS, THIS APP DOESN’T WORK WITH MY OFFICIAL PS3 BLU RAY REMOTE CONTROL.. PLEASE PATCH IT SOON.

Max Batt's Avatar

+ Max Batt on October 30th, 2013 at 3:09 pm said:

Thanks for letting us know AngelCROME, I’ll pass this on to our dev team.

+ VanVogt on October 29th, 2013 at 4:03 pm said:

No sign yet of this TuneIn App on Playstation Store here in New Zealand, sadly

+ sensfan1971 on October 29th, 2013 at 4:20 pm said:

love this….can I import my fav stations from the android ap?

Max Batt's Avatar

+ Max Batt on October 30th, 2013 at 10:02 am said:

Create an account on your android app, then log in on PS3 and you’ll have your favorites!

+ cheesystuff on October 29th, 2013 at 5:29 pm said:

Saw this and got the Windows 8 and Android apps. Can’t wait for the Vita release, and hopefully a PS4 one.

+ Clark_kent01 on October 29th, 2013 at 7:21 pm said:

Thank you thank you thank you, ive been looking for an app that will let me listen the radio at my country and now i found it and downloaded it, you guys are really making me cry lots haha

+ TheCraZyCloWn on October 29th, 2013 at 8:51 pm said:

APPS SHOULD BE A FOCUS ON PS4 GIVEN ITS EASE OF DEVELOPMENT…REMEMBER THIS

+ TripG on October 29th, 2013 at 9:02 pm said:

@55 I am as this individual. I installed the app and it worked fine for 5 minutes or so; I then put in my account number and the app pulled up my favorites properly. But when I then went to select a channel, the app froze: the joystick didn’t work and I had to do a hard reset on my PS3.

Now, when I launch the app, it loads, and then immediately freezes forcing a hard reset. It has done this 13 times in a row.

I may simply delete it and try to reinstall to see if that will rectify the problem. If not, I guess I wont use the app for now.

+ Dunkelzahn on October 30th, 2013 at 12:00 am said:

Why is there a 12 character password limit with the account logon?

Theres isn’t with other TuneIn clients, which means I cant login using my normal account.

Max Batt's Avatar

+ Max Batt on October 30th, 2013 at 10:03 am said:

Thanks for the heads up– I’ll let our dev team know!

+ occelot_ssnake on October 30th, 2013 at 7:00 am said:

A lil helpful criticism: When it sits for a while and the now playing screen vanishes, I’d like to see a lil box in a corner or something telling me whats playing

Max Batt's Avatar

+ Max Batt on October 30th, 2013 at 3:09 pm said:

Thanks for the feedback!

+ sensfan1971 on October 30th, 2013 at 7:44 am said:

that box is stream quality selection…..like 128k or 56k

+ HeySumbode on October 30th, 2013 at 9:06 am said:

Awesome app :)

+ occelot_ssnake on October 30th, 2013 at 9:44 am said:

@67 I’m aware of that, Im talking about when the now playing screen fades away into a background after a few songs

+ kpac511 on October 30th, 2013 at 9:55 pm said:

This app is great! Any chance for support with the PlayStation universal remote, though? That’s the only complaint I have so far ;)

+ sithmathamatiks on October 30th, 2013 at 11:22 pm said:

i can’t wait for the vita version

+ hazlov2004 on October 31st, 2013 at 8:57 pm said:

Thank you for bringing tunein to the PS3 ^^ im very happy

+ Samster212510 on November 1st, 2013 at 7:34 am said:

will it come out the 5 november

+ Reshiram25 on November 1st, 2013 at 10:45 am said:

Well its freezing on start up what is the problem?

+ myrulesmylife on November 2nd, 2013 at 2:23 am said:

hey Max Batt,
is it free or does it cost money? because in the eu psn store it cost money for non ps+ users and its free for ps+ users. please reply

+ DanielMobile on November 3rd, 2013 at 12:16 pm said:

This so awesome. The app is top notch quality. On a higher level than the android app. I’m so happy. Wish you can bring more apps to the ps3 and vita. Cheers!

+ SpooNManX on November 3rd, 2013 at 6:39 pm said:

Now how about the PS4 will this be available for that as well?

Sony still isn’t saying about mp3 or DNLA, so this may be our only choice for free music.

+ QueenB82 on November 4th, 2013 at 8:41 pm said:

Well I’m going to echo what few others said and then some when I say 1) you need to FIX it that those of us that bluray remote controllers can use the app and 2) ADD SOCIAL LOGINS. It’s ridiculous that you all incorporate social media login in options for signing up for an account–I can use it any of my Android devices, yet I can’t use my google account to LOGIN on my PS3, thus I can’t even signin on my PS3.

Seriously….FIX IT. Thanks

+ Vaedur on November 5th, 2013 at 1:08 pm said:

Listening to Tony Kornheiser on it right now. I love you sony for giving me this on my vita. This IS the app i’ve been waiting for since I got my vita on launch day.

+ digital_clover on November 5th, 2013 at 2:28 pm said:

I just downloaded the Vita version and its missing one fairly obvious feature, the ability to play the stream while the screen is off. Can this be patched in? I’d rather not leave my Vita screen lit for hours on a static menu page.

+ Darklord_Blade on November 5th, 2013 at 3:45 pm said:

From what I am experiencing I have my headphones plugged into my vita and the screen is off and it works. Was having the same issue with the app not playing while the screen was off but it seems to work with the headphones not sure why or if its just a coincidence. Will listen for another hour and update if it changes love the app, been waiting for this. Keep the apps coming Sony

+ LUCIFERSGLEAM on November 5th, 2013 at 3:56 pm said:

Good choice with Tune in as opposed to Shoutcast (used to be my fave but no more thanks to Tune in). Will this be available on the Japanese store? My Vita is assigned to a Japanese PSN account and have no interest in switching it to the US store.

+ Darklord_Blade on November 5th, 2013 at 4:04 pm said:

Nope it is now working without the headphones, not sure why but it wasn’t before

+ sijiro1217 on November 5th, 2013 at 4:44 pm said:

release date of tunein in asia?

+ enemyace1 on November 5th, 2013 at 8:57 pm said:

The best app ever…Any platform !!! Enough said.

+ gdubbs359 on November 6th, 2013 at 12:34 pm said:

PS3 version works graet, PS Vita version on the other hand, crashes every time I try it after about 30 seconds.

+ NolanH11 on November 8th, 2013 at 9:10 pm said:

I downloaded This awesome music app but after about 2-3 hours of using it my ps vita ran out of battery and when i turned it back on the app doesn’t work anymore and keeps telling me that i need to sigh int to PSN when i already am signed in HOW DO I FIX IT I LOVE THIS APP (already tried deleting and re downloading)

+ Azazel_PL on November 9th, 2013 at 4:41 am said:

Have the same problem with Tunein on Vita, it keeps telling me to sign in to PSN account and i’m already sing in. 2 days earlier everything works fine. Any solution?

+ Zognorm on November 9th, 2013 at 11:21 am said:

I am also having an issue on the vita version where it tells you to sign in to the psn and then does nothing after trying to sign in. A few days ago when I did get to use it though, it was great. The only thing I would say is that I wish you have it run in the background while doing other things.

+ arquarius1 on November 9th, 2013 at 1:24 pm said:

I have the same issue as Azazel_PL and Zognorm – sign in to PSN Network problem.
I bought the app since I am not a plus member, and the radio played fine for like 5 hours or so – was great. Then it stopped, haven’t been able to get the app to run since. Same error every time: Must be signed in to PSN.
I tried signing in from settings menu as well, making sure that it was correct – still the same.
Hope this gets fixed some time soon, as it’s actually a great app, and one I have been looking forward to.
Cheers from Denmark.

+ Fenris007 on November 9th, 2013 at 9:03 pm said:

People having log in problems with the Tunein app just need to turn their Vita off via the power button then restart it. That worked for me.

+ darkman88_pl on November 10th, 2013 at 9:58 am said:

Doesn’t work for me. I still get the “sign in to PSN Network” message.

+ Phoenix7469 on November 10th, 2013 at 4:18 pm said:

I have this app on my LG and Nexus. Best radio app. Now I can access it on my soon to own PS Vita.

+ Osprey718 on November 11th, 2013 at 2:05 pm said:

Can you make it so that i can listen to the radio while i play games :) tht will be so awesome and some stations are missing like z100 new york

+ ThumbzerBurnin on November 18th, 2013 at 3:44 pm said:

I am real impress with the configuratin of the player, very user friendly absolutely love it. I have a PS4 now and am using my PS3 as a hub for entertainment for the living room, so it’s the perfect machine for my wife and kids to watch movies andlisten to radio. But why !…. Oh! why.! .can’t the PS3 media “MEDIA” remote not work the player that’s ridiculous. Any answers ?

+ fortify98 on November 24th, 2013 at 7:17 am said:

I installed Tune In Radio on my PS3. when I load the app and see the interface it doesn’t response. I use my controller but nothing moves. I’m not able to access anything within the Tune in Radio app.

Any assistance would be great.

PAGE 1 2