Uncharted 4

Redbox Instant by Verizon App Available Today on PS3

Sean Bordenave's Avatar + Posted by Sean Bordenave on Oct 29, 2013 // Product Manager, Redbox

Hey, PS3 fans! Your console is about to transform into the ultimate movie-lover’s destination. Later today, Redbox Instant by Verizon will be available on PS3, giving you access to thousands of streaming movies. You’ll also be able to find and reserve new releases on DVD and Blu-ray at more than 43,000 Redbox kiosks right from your console.

For only $8 a month, you get access to thousands of streaming movies instantly. You also get four DVD rental nights at the Redbox kiosk, every month (an extra buck allows you to rent Blu-ray movies from the kiosk).

You also have the option to purchase or rent new digital releases on-demand, without needing a subscription, making it a one-stop shop for you to find what you want to watch at any given time.

Redbox Instant on PS3
Redbox Instant on PS3

Exclusively for PlayStation users, Redbox Instant by Verizon will be introducing The Playlist; a specially-curated collection of Redbox Instant by Verizon movies from our subscription movie library, just for you. The Playlist channel will be updated frequently and will feature themes like “Stuff Blowing Up,” “Movies With Balls,” and “Beards On Film.” Your PS3 system is now the destination for fast, simple and fun movie discovery.

Redbox Instant on PS3

Want to try out Redbox Instant by Verizon and gain access to The Playlist free for one month? Visit www.redboxinstant.com/ps3 to unlock your free month of movies now.

Check us out on Facebook and Twitter, too!

You can find Redbox Instant by Verizon in the “What’s New,” “My Channels,” and “TV/Video Services” sections on the PS3 XMB as well as in the Apps section of the PlayStation Store later on today.

Enjoy!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Yars on November 3rd, 2013 at 7:40 pm said:

I really hope that these mandatory third-party apps don’t become the norm on the PS4.

+ Crono1973 on November 3rd, 2013 at 7:41 pm said:

-My PS3
- My TV
- My Electricity
- My Internet connection
- I even pay for Playstation Plus

This is exactly why I dropped the 360. I am not a product to be sold to advertisers.

+ R3kT_-TROLL4EVER on November 4th, 2013 at 6:10 pm said:

Hey how many movies do you get to watch on ps3 free with Redbox Instant?

+ Tharsuss on November 4th, 2013 at 6:21 pm said:

Uuuuh…any way to remove the redbox instant adware that has popped up?

I can’t seem to get rid of it.

Hoping this kind of b.s. isn’t all over the PS4…

…a real bad omen.

+ BlackMrktBeagle on November 5th, 2013 at 8:35 am said:

Okay — add me to the list of people who ended up on this page looking for a way to remove this ad. It’s extremely lame that I can’t, and even worse that’s there’s been no official response. After all Sean’s canned “we’re different from our competition” in ways that don’t matter at all to me, the silence in the face of the complaints makes me think that Sony doesn’t care much what its customers think.

I was leaning PS4 over XB1, since Microsoft is no winner in that department either. But now I really don’t know. Right now it’s feeling more like neither.

+ PhantomGriffin on November 5th, 2013 at 9:11 am said:

It’s the little things in life that make a difference… Sure, by all means throw an ad in our face to make a quick $ but please post it where appropriate (PS Store) or at least make it removable. I have until November 18th to make a decision on Plus and another month to decide on a next gen console for this household.

This is not a tantrum over an insignificant issue, this is some of us taking a stand against what could be the beginning of many ads and unwanted apps. Speak your mind or they’ll run all over you.

+ Terryloveshisson on November 6th, 2013 at 2:47 pm said:

when you do the math is better then Netflix cause with the 4 Redbox rentals at the Kiosk at $1.20 a movie is $4.80 so the cost of actual streaming is $3.20. Way cheaper then Netflix!

+ grammaticon on November 7th, 2013 at 5:19 pm said:

I’ve never commented on anything on this blog before, but wanted to add my voice to those asking for a way to remove this.

I have Netflix and Amazon Prime, I don’t need a new service. If you’re going to make me view ads on the PS4 as well I should probably just cancel my pre-order. Which makes you more money, a one time install of Red Box or a happy customer buying your games?

+ Hybrid_Fury on November 7th, 2013 at 7:27 pm said:

I already have that Amazon Video Ad popping up on my XMB. I don’t need this Redbox Video Ad popping up on my XMB either. I am not interested in either of them. I got Netflix, and that is all I wish to have. Please remove these ads. No matter how long you prolong these advertisements, It won’t make me change my mind. I don’t want them, and I never will want them. Remove the ads, or at the very least, give the people who are not interested in them the ability to remove them. I only want the games and apps I downloaded on my xmb, and nothing else. Keep the advertisements to the Playstation Store. That is where they belong.

+ Star_28463 on November 8th, 2013 at 5:37 am said:

I do not like advertisements on my game console and this Redbox Instant is the most intrusive and annoying ad that I’ve ever encountered…even worst than the Amazon app because there was a way to get rid of that one and there doesn’t seem to be a way to get rid of this one. Not only that but, I tried the “free” trial just to check it out (I already have Netflix, HuluPlus and AmazonPrime Instant) and the selection is horrible so if you have another instant streaming option then use that because you certainly aren’t missing anything although I did find two documentaries that looked interesting and each one gave me an error streaming code and the videos couldn’t be played. It was pointless so I decided to just go ahead and cancel and save myself the aggravation of having to worry later about my credit card information. But no…when I tried to cancel the “free” trial the website gave me a subscription code error and then suggested I contact someone on the customer care chat line and that very helpful person stated that you cannot cancel your credit card information for three days after signing up for an account. That’s really ridiculous.

+ zabrosse on November 9th, 2013 at 2:58 pm said:

Ok gonna make it simple, I have stopped using Redbox, I do NOT use Verizon. I am putting my PS4 purchase on hold and seriously considering Xbox.

Unless Sean answers every single post, and I mean really answers THEM.

I haven’t shopped in a Walmart in 4 years because I got tired of the electronics department not deactivating security tags. And I don’t mean just one Walmart I mean 4. SONY I can end my purchases right here.

+ leebenningfield on November 10th, 2013 at 7:52 pm said:

How do I get this out of my XMB? I’m never going to use it, it’s just taking up space next to the video services I do use. There’s no “delete” option like there is on the other ones.

+ bonhamsurf on November 19th, 2013 at 9:07 pm said:

ARRGGHHHH Why do they insist on installing this CRAP on my playstation??? I really with there was a way to install some rude oversized icon like this on the personal devices of everyone at Sony and Redbox. THis is MY Playstation. I paid for it, I paid for my PS account, I pay for the video games I use. And yet, SONY, REDBOX and other companies are disgusting enough to put unwanted crap on my property. And to top it off, they won’t let you delete it. What a load of ****! Makes me want to go to only PC gaming and delete all of my accounts with Sony.

+ M-i-n-c-u-s on November 20th, 2013 at 7:22 am said:

Whoa! Seriously unremovable adware? …and then you only reply to positive questions not address the major concern here? You respect me so little you going to force that on me? Verizon you lost a customer, Redbox, never again. and Sony… you disappointed me, you know better. Shame on you all. Fix this now.

+ bonhamsurf on November 20th, 2013 at 10:32 am said:

So I even posted something on Redbox’s facebook and they took it down.

+ lvnmgk on November 21st, 2013 at 6:12 am said:

I have to agree with the removal, don’t want it. I did not request it. Redbox and the Amazon ad. it’s annoying. Petty i know but this is my PS3 not theirs to post advertisements on the screen.

+ Lee218 on November 21st, 2013 at 9:14 pm said:

Sony, the addition of adware into the main menus for something I didn’t ask for, most definitely didn’t want and cannot remove on hardware I paid for and own is unacceptable.

I realize that I’m just a single customer. I’m also sure Verizon/Redbox paid you a large amount of money to get their unsolicited adware installed without my consent. I know full well I cannot compete with Verizon and Rebox’s deep wallets but I also know that the one thing I can do is vote with my wallet.

Due to this, I will not be purchasing a PS4. I will play my games on the PC where I have control over what is and is not installed. I will stream content from the internet via other media players which do not force unwanted apps and channels upon me.

Farewell Sony.

+ youngjt80 on November 22nd, 2013 at 2:53 pm said:

This is really disappointing. I was under the impression that this would be just like the Redbox. Pay $1, stream a movie. Instead I have to pay a monthly fee? No thanks.

+ milkman3399 on November 23rd, 2013 at 8:14 am said:

Will we still be able to use codes for free/discounted movies on the ps3? If so, this would be the greatest thing ever made.

PAGE 1 2 3