PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

The Walking Dead: Season Two Coming to PS3 and PS Vita

Laura Perusco's Avatar + Posted by Laura Perusco on Oct 29, 2013 // Community Lead, Telltale Games

This is the post The Walking Dead fans have been waiting for… Telltale is finally ready to spill the very first details on Season Two!

The Walking Dead Season 2 on PS3 and PS Vita

Click here to see the full gallery

We can confirm today that The Walking Dead: Season Two – A Telltale Games Series continues Clementine’s story. Not only will you see Clem again, you’ll actually be playing as her, struggling to outwit both the dead and the living in situations that will test your morals and shape the flow of the story through your decisions and actions.

This brand new teaser trailer sets the Season Two mood better than words possibly could…

Not familiar with Clementine? She’s a young girl orphaned at the outset of the undead apocalypse, and in Season Two, she’s now left to her own devices to seek safety and survive. Her story starts in the first season of The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series. If you want to get caught up on where it all began before playing the sequel, you can start by downloading the first episode of Season One FREE for PlayStation 3 on PSN right now!

The Walking Dead: Season Two – A Telltale Games Series will consist of five episodes that will release for digital download over the course of the season, expected to premiere this year and conclude in 2014. You’ll be able to purchase episodes individually as they release for PS3 and PS Vita via PSN, or get the season pass for the best value.

The Walking Dead Season 2 on PS3 and PS Vita

The Walking Dead Season 2 on PS3 and PS VitaThe Walking Dead Season 2 on PS3 and PS Vita

The Walking Dead: Season One Game of the Year Edition on PS3

Even more news on The Walking Dead front! This November, we’ll be releasing a special Game of the Year edition of Season One for PS3.

The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series – Game of the Year Edition will include all five episodes of the award-winning series, the DLC episode ’400 Days’, and access to the series’ original score and exclusive behind the scenes video. You can preorder it right now at retailers in North America for $29.99.

Not long now ’til we kick off a new season of tough choices and life-or-death decisions! Stay tuned for more details coming very soon, including a more formal release date for the season premiere. We can’t wait to share the journey with you, our fellow survivors!

PAGE 1 2

+ Zionine on October 29th, 2013 at 12:03 pm said:

Excitement! So many fine announcements today! :)
Can’t wait to get my grubby paws on Puppeteer later tonight.

+ mrEkli on October 29th, 2013 at 12:03 pm said:

So is the Vita version going to have same day releases?

Laura Perusco's Avatar

+ Laura Perusco on October 29th, 2013 at 1:22 pm said:

+ zzamaro on October 29th, 2013 at 12:04 pm said:

Cross-buy?

+ Andy10003 on October 29th, 2013 at 12:04 pm said:

Seriously lets have the Vita version release the same day as the PS3 vesion

+ Bones00 on October 29th, 2013 at 12:04 pm said:

I really hope season 2 will be cross-buy.

+ snakeeyes211 on October 29th, 2013 at 12:05 pm said:

If it’s as good as the last one please take my money now

+ ninth_prey on October 29th, 2013 at 12:05 pm said:

NICE! Both the vita and ps3 are launching at the same time. So excited for this!!!! Any chance that its cross-buy??
Really hope its as great as the first one! Thanks for the scoop!

+ Qatsmasher on October 29th, 2013 at 12:05 pm said:

We get to play as Clem? Yes!

+ MakoSOLIDER on October 29th, 2013 at 12:08 pm said:

PLEASE do Cross Buy!

+ johnnyp70 on October 29th, 2013 at 12:09 pm said:

Based on the answers given regarding cross buy on the Wolf Among Us, I wouldn’t hold my breath.

+ FNF420 on October 29th, 2013 at 12:10 pm said:

MY GOD! cant wait to see wait to see what will happens next. hopefully coming soon means in november, CANT WAIT!

+ Souledge94 on October 29th, 2013 at 12:11 pm said:

I hate the show but I love this game. I need to replay season 1 cause my data went bye bye.

+ WICKEDGHOST187 on October 29th, 2013 at 12:12 pm said:

Playstation 4 please port it over

Laura Perusco's Avatar

+ Laura Perusco on October 29th, 2013 at 1:27 pm said:

We haven’t announced any plans for next gen, but everyone here at Telltale is pretty excited about the possibilities that PlayStation 4 offers!

+ GStylez1980 on October 29th, 2013 at 12:12 pm said:

YES YES YES!!!!!

I will definitely be looking at picking up the Vita version. I doubt it will be cross-buy, as they did not make the first season cross-buy once the Vita version arrived. But not a big deal. Just excited to get another Telltale game series this year for the Vita to go along with The Wolf Among Us.

Well done, TTG!!!

+ poodude on October 29th, 2013 at 12:13 pm said:

Can’t wait to play it! I’m curious, if I played Season 1 on my PS3 can I use my save file for the Vita version of season 2? I played the first game on my PS3 but would rather play season 2 on Vita.

Laura Perusco's Avatar

+ Laura Perusco on October 29th, 2013 at 1:32 pm said:

Season One doesn’t support cross save, so if you were to switch over to PS Vita for Season Two, you’d be starting with a fresh slate.

+ Todoh789 on October 29th, 2013 at 12:13 pm said:

So a few things
1- Can you please put more effort so these games stop freezing during certain points like when making choices or when a cutscenes gonna come up? This is an issue with the game on just about every system.

2- Assuming it doesn’t take a miracle for the above to be done, will the game be ‘YOPO’, where buying it gives you both PS3 and PS Vita versions? If not how about a discounted bundle price for Vita+PS3?

+ Chindian_Chick on October 29th, 2013 at 12:15 pm said:

EXCELLENT! I’ll buy it for Vita.

Laura Perusco's Avatar

+ Laura Perusco on October 29th, 2013 at 1:38 pm said:

I’m really pleased that we could announce it for PS Vita today as well as PlayStation 3!

+ Doc_Tury on October 29th, 2013 at 12:17 pm said:

One word: YES!!!!

Laura Perusco's Avatar

+ Laura Perusco on October 29th, 2013 at 1:39 pm said:

Five words: awesome to hear you’re excited!!! :D

+ Satnamji on October 29th, 2013 at 12:17 pm said:

Cross-buy would be so awesome! Please consider at least a season pass bundle for both versions.

And playing as Clementine, all I can say is WOW! Can’t wait!

+ BPinter on October 29th, 2013 at 12:18 pm said:

Can’t wait! Not watching the trailer since I know I’ll be buying.

Laura Perusco's Avatar

+ Laura Perusco on October 29th, 2013 at 1:44 pm said:

Just a heads up there’s VERY little that might be spoiler-ish in the reveal trailer – but if you want to go into the season entirely fresh, that’s cool!

+ SinfulWarrior on October 29th, 2013 at 12:22 pm said:

there’s my little girl :’) I’m happy to see Lee (and I) didn’t die for nothing! here comes the tears again :’(

+ Tonks01 on October 29th, 2013 at 12:27 pm said:

Have to chime in and mention Cross-buy along with everyone else! Would really inform my purchase decision at release. (As opposed to waiting for the title to go on sale).

The amount purchasing BOTH Vita & PS3 versions seems infinitesimal in the grand scheme of things. Cross buy is excellent for the consumer and makes the publisher/ developers look great in the eyes of the public. All whilst eating a perhaps a tiny fraction of revenue.

+ reson8er on October 29th, 2013 at 12:27 pm said:

Looking forward to this, Season 1 was a very well done and memorable experience.

+ mettreidici on October 29th, 2013 at 12:29 pm said:

I miss her :(

+ materclobber on October 29th, 2013 at 12:30 pm said:

We NEED Cross-Buy!!! Please listen to the community and make it happen! :)

+ TheViper4Life on October 29th, 2013 at 12:34 pm said:

I literally JUST finished Season 1 like 3-4 days ago. This is awesome news, can’t wait for season 2. Though I’m hoping the trophies are a little better, not just chapter related.

+ Swotam on October 29th, 2013 at 12:36 pm said:

Great news, really enjoyed Season 1 on my Vita (got the bundle) and will definitely grab Season 2.

Just another yes vote for cross-buy, it would be great to be able to access the content on PS3 and Vita for one price. If this isn’t in the cards, will the season pass be platform specific?

+ Borttolliny_ on October 29th, 2013 at 12:38 pm said:

Nice. I hope come with Cross-Buy!

+ magicx11 on October 29th, 2013 at 12:41 pm said:

Will The Walking Dead Season 2 on PS VITA be release on the same day as PS3 or later?

Laura Perusco's Avatar

+ Laura Perusco on October 29th, 2013 at 1:47 pm said:

I just responded to this one further up in the comments, but I’ll pop it here too: We’re still working to finalize release dates for PlayStation 3 and PS Vita, so look out for more news on that!

+ Kchow23 on October 29th, 2013 at 12:44 pm said:

Will it be coming to PS4?

+ theshadowrook on October 29th, 2013 at 12:50 pm said:

Any information on a collectors edition?

+ PainOfSarrow on October 29th, 2013 at 12:57 pm said:

GREAT, il get this one all the episodes are released at once like i did with season one. amazing game.

+ IIL0YDII on October 29th, 2013 at 1:05 pm said:

Please don’t kill her ;D

Laura Perusco's Avatar

+ Laura Perusco on October 29th, 2013 at 1:50 pm said:

Since you’ll be playing as Clem, in some ways that’ll be up to you! ;)

+ luvtoseek on October 29th, 2013 at 1:07 pm said:

Thanks for the announcement, Laura! I suppose there’s a chance then that episodes of The Wolf Among Us & TWD Season 2 will be releasing concurrently?

Laura Perusco's Avatar

+ Laura Perusco on October 29th, 2013 at 1:51 pm said:

That’s the plan, to run the seasons concurrently. Busy times for us folks at Telltale for sure! :)

+ ItaChu on October 29th, 2013 at 1:13 pm said:

oh great another retail version of the walking dead season one lol and i just bought season one for 10 bucks when it was 3 dollars on psn lol what a fail :D

…season two better be cross buy >.> just saying :P

+ ItaChu on October 29th, 2013 at 1:14 pm said:

i bought the retail version :P

+ NinjaMicWZ on October 29th, 2013 at 1:16 pm said:

Oh man, so excited. Glad it’s confirmed for Vita, as I’d hoped and expected.

Please keep future physical releases in mind when the seasons for this and Wolf Among Us are finished. I love having Telltale’s games in tangible form.

+ Mando44646 on October 29th, 2013 at 1:22 pm said:

Glad to see Vita support at launch instead of having to wait so long like with Wolf Among Us!

+ afigueroa on October 29th, 2013 at 1:25 pm said:

Same day release please!!
Question. Can playing on PS3 be transferred to the Vita? I played on the PS3 season one but I want season two on Vita.

+ SweetReLeaf on October 29th, 2013 at 1:31 pm said:

Epic! You guys don’t know how bad I’ve been waiting for this

+ poodude on October 29th, 2013 at 1:34 pm said:

@Laura Perusco

Thanks for the reply to my earlier comment. Looks I’ll be sticking with the PS3 version! (Or maybe I’ll purchase the game again for Vita :p).

+ BlueBl1zzard on October 29th, 2013 at 1:53 pm said:

Excellent! Can’t wait!

@poodude Yeah I had the same question, I guess I’ll be picking up the PS3 version then being how that’s where my saved data is.

+ kagekami85 on October 29th, 2013 at 1:57 pm said:

I feel a little dumb for asking, but will your saves from season 1 transfer over to season 2 on the ps3?

Laura Perusco's Avatar

+ Laura Perusco on October 29th, 2013 at 3:46 pm said:

If you’ve already played Season One on PlayStation 3, keep your save file!

+ TeamRival on October 29th, 2013 at 2:06 pm said:

do we get the season pass discount like they’re offering on the TT website? If you preorder for PC or Mac on the official website, it costs $22.49 and you get a collector’s edition DVD after all the episodes release. Not expecting to get a collector’s DVD but the discount would be nice incentive for me to preorder instead of just waiting till the season pass eventually goes on sale like I did with season 1.

+ CrusaderForever on October 29th, 2013 at 2:13 pm said:

Great news! Loved season 1! I will be enjoying Season 2 on my Vita this time! Season pass it is :)

+ TheDudeAbides000 on October 29th, 2013 at 2:16 pm said:

please release this for ps4!

+ Lodi16B on October 29th, 2013 at 2:35 pm said:

My Vita is gonna get some sweet sweet loving this fall. Many thanks, Telltale…Keep em’ coming.

+ Hayterfan on October 29th, 2013 at 3:26 pm said:

Saw this news at work, I then shot up out of my chair while yelling “Yessssss” then when my boss asked why, showed him the article on Joystiq and he did the same lol.
Cant wait for this, im also Curious if there will be some kind of The Walking Dead: Complete for PS4 (Im just guessing there will be a PS4 version, but not till after Season 2 is done)
Also read that someone form the the TT Walking Dead game is going to appear in the current season on TV (Please be Dave Fenoy)

Off the subject of The Walking Dead, any chance of a Venture Bros game?

Laura Perusco's Avatar

+ Laura Perusco on October 29th, 2013 at 3:44 pm said:

Ahahaha… we loved that work story! Tell your boss we said hi! :D

+ gokugt25 on October 29th, 2013 at 3:34 pm said:

I must buy this , i must make sure clem is okay O.O

+ MaKTaiL on October 29th, 2013 at 3:52 pm said:

Please, MAKE CROSS-BUY!

I had to buy Season 1 and The Wolf Among Us two times to play on both systems, it’s ridiculous.
Every major developer is doing this right now, at least a discount on the second system.

PAGE 1 2