PS4-The Order

NBA Game Time App Now Available on PS3, Vita

Jamaal Moore's Avatar + Posted by Jamaal Moore on Oct 30, 2013 // Brand Marketing Manager of Emerging Platforms, SCEA

NBA Game Time App on PS3

NBA fans can now celebrate as basketball season has officially tipped off. Whether you’re a die-hard Golden State Warriors, Boston Celtics or Miami Heat fan, or just can’t get enough of the game, NBA Game Time is now available on PS3 and PS Vita for the 2013-2014 NBA season.

You’ll have instant access to NBA video highlights, live stats, box scores and schedules for all your favorite players and teams. NBA LEAGUE PASS Broadband subscribers will have access to live out of market games on an authenticated basis.

NBA Game Time App on PS3NBA Game Time App on PS3

Redesigned for the new season, NBA Game Time is now equipped with enhanced navigation and more robust content features, including game recaps and video highlights for each game, enriched player and team stats, and in-depth team roster information.

You can subscribe to NBA League Pass here.

Which matchups are you looking forward to this season?

55 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 2

+ boxmyth on October 30th, 2013 at 11:47 am said:

Been waiting for this for years. Thank you!

+ Kchow23 on October 30th, 2013 at 12:08 pm said:

When is it coming to Canada?

+ Kchow23 on October 30th, 2013 at 12:09 pm said:

I have been waiting for this a long time and I am disappointed that it finally came but not to Canada :(

+ oshkoshbagosh1 on October 30th, 2013 at 12:23 pm said:

Hmm maybe if there was a discount on the league pass for PS plus members… We need an NFL app now

+ infamousXX87XX on October 30th, 2013 at 12:35 pm said:

PS4 support??? I have league pass and would like to see this come to the ps4

+ Superstone on October 30th, 2013 at 12:37 pm said:

Go Raptors!

+ Superstone on October 30th, 2013 at 12:38 pm said:

Show some Canadian love

+ mdotstarks on October 30th, 2013 at 12:44 pm said:

I’ve been waiting for years as well for this. However I was a little disappointed that it wasn’t available in Canada…yet. Fear not because this will be available in Canada for this season. The reason is too obvious. Let’s put it this way, they can’t afford to not have in available in Canada. Right now we are at the mercy of decisions that were made on how this app would be released. Plus it’s been done in the past where we have seen the app rolled out in the States first and then other countries shortly after.

And from that point of view I understand why it’s available in the States first. I just wish that there would have been a more clear notice about which customers would get releases first since this blog is also used to give out news that also effects Canadian customers. If there are any details for Canadian customers good or bad, then by all means feel free to share. If you guys could do a better job at this then it would help improve the communication between everyone tremendously. Besides if I’m already tired of reading “When it’s coming to Canada” on this blog, I bet others are too.

Jamaal Moore's Avatar

+ Jamaal Moore on November 1st, 2013 at 4:43 pm said:

@mdotstarks, Superstone, Kchow23, JnF_Gho5t

We are happy that we could bring NBA Game Time to our US users this week. We are looking to expand this product into other regions. Stay tuned.

+ Hogwild333 on October 30th, 2013 at 1:00 pm said:

NBA League pass has a free trial available between now and Nov 5th. You don’t have to enter any credit card information to try it out.

+ JnF_Gho5t on October 30th, 2013 at 1:03 pm said:

Not available in Canada? WTF

+ Kchow23 on October 30th, 2013 at 1:21 pm said:

Some sort of acknowledgement would be great..

+ fredster90 on October 30th, 2013 at 1:36 pm said:

Nfl!!!

+ Zionine on October 30th, 2013 at 1:43 pm said:

How about that game, then….? :/

It’s one of the only major spectator sport without a proper game on the Vita.

Basketball and Skateboarding.. That’s all I want.. and Olli Olli isn’t what I’m talking about(though I will enjoy it..).

+ ArthNeji on October 30th, 2013 at 2:31 pm said:

The App is great but it needs improvements on the vita. Hopefully being able to use touchscreen and zoom in to see the font.. the Font is terribly small to read

+ Elvick_ on October 30th, 2013 at 3:19 pm said:

Mpre apps is nice.

+ D-Squad3 on October 30th, 2013 at 4:26 pm said:

PS+ Members should have a free membership.

+ Superstone on October 30th, 2013 at 4:55 pm said:

NHL app on the Vita………in Canada

+ EnigmaNemesis on October 30th, 2013 at 6:05 pm said:

So when is the Hulu App comping to the Vita that was announced last year at E3?

Will there be the MLB app, as well as Amazon for the Vita?

+ twinklebutter on October 30th, 2013 at 7:46 pm said:

MEGATON! NBA GAME TIME FOR GAME OF THE YEAAAAR!! I can’t handle theeeee excitement!

+ HanGlacy on October 30th, 2013 at 8:04 pm said:

really?? i dont need nba app! i need NBA GAMES IN MY PS VITA….

+ twinklebutter on October 31st, 2013 at 5:01 am said:

WTH? Why won’t this work for me? I downloaded the app but it won’t let me sign in to my NBA league pass account?? It keeps saying sign in failed. I tried a hundred times but still won’t work? Can someone please respond? :( Beyond!

+ Sum-Mischief on October 31st, 2013 at 6:34 am said:

I believe it say also PS4 when I downloaded the app …

+ FonzoEscobar on October 31st, 2013 at 7:57 am said:

my prayers have been answered thanks a million guys, now will there a PS4 version of this app?

+ Sulumon on October 31st, 2013 at 8:06 am said:

How in the world did they make this happen on the Vita before MLB.TV? I’ve been waiting all last MLB season for that to happen and it never did. Shame, because I would never pay to watch what passes for NBA basketball . . . good for current fans though I guess.

+ Welmosca on October 31st, 2013 at 9:47 am said:

About time hu….the best sport EVER and you take this time to put an app for it…finally.Well better later than never.

+ heatvision38 on October 31st, 2013 at 8:38 pm said:

I just downloaded it onto my PS3. This is really cool. Now I can watch any archived game on my TV rather than my laptop. Plus, you can toggle the game stats onto the screen as the game is playing, and just as quickly toggle it off. This looks to be a really nice app. Thanks!

+ heatvision38 on October 31st, 2013 at 8:41 pm said:

D-Squad3 said: PS+ Members should have a free membership.

It’s a $180 fee. That would be asking a bit too much, imo.

+ abziani79 on November 1st, 2013 at 12:14 pm said:

I have the same problem “failed to sign in”
WHAT SHOULD I DO??????

+ Best_ND_World on November 1st, 2013 at 1:48 pm said:

Have question guys. Im a broadband subscriber and i chose the package with 5 teams. I tried to watch one of the five teams, but NBA Gametime app says I have not chosen my 5 teams yet. It works on my 360, but not with my PS3 or Vita.

+ Kchow23 on November 2nd, 2013 at 1:43 am said:

@Jamaal Thank you for the response! I appreciate getting a response instead of being ignored/

+ kingster12345678 on November 2nd, 2013 at 7:07 am said:

how do you create an account?

+ kierpa on November 2nd, 2013 at 8:06 pm said:

This app is not working for me….I have purchased nba league pass broadband and have chosen my 5 teams. Every time I try to log into the ps3 nba game time app it says I have chosen no teams…

+ clownclan on November 3rd, 2013 at 4:15 pm said:

i get the sign in failed issue…has anybody found a solution for this??

thanks!

+ josepizza123 on November 3rd, 2013 at 6:20 pm said:

wtf i can’t log in nba

+ moahdriven on November 3rd, 2013 at 7:10 pm said:

Same problem. My 5 teams are chosen but it says they aren’t there. I was planning on callin league pass tomorrow but hopefully it’s just issues with the new app and they’ll shoot out an update that gets it sorted out

+ Bip on November 3rd, 2013 at 8:09 pm said:

i contacted customer support and they told me since it’s a new app they are still sorting things out. i’m having the same problem of having my teams picked but the ps3 telling me i have none selected

+ twinklebutter on November 3rd, 2013 at 10:40 pm said:

Mr moore, is this app region locked? Does this work fr league pass users in asia? I have the regular season + playoff package but i cant login on my vita. Can you please clarify why that is? Thank you.

+ twinklebutter on November 3rd, 2013 at 10:40 pm said:

Has anyone figurred out why we cant lOgin?

+ twinklebutter on November 3rd, 2013 at 10:41 pm said:

Not cool sony… Please respond.

+ Xx-Phoenix92-xX on November 4th, 2013 at 1:07 am said:

All’s fair and good with NBA Game Time…
But we were promised Hulu Plus for the Vita before it even came out… This promise is going on 2 years unkept…
Please, instead of these apps, give us Hulu Plus on the Vita… But, I guess I’ll have to wait until Hulu upgrades to HTML5 so I can just pull it up in the browser. That stands a better chance.

+ NMLsJT on November 4th, 2013 at 7:21 am said:

Same issue as some of the others. Here in Colombia I can’t log in to the app.

+ abziani79 on November 4th, 2013 at 8:50 am said:

Here in Brazil I have the same problem. Yes, it is a problem with the region. A guy from the USA told me that he has been using without any problems. I hope SONY can let us watch the game on Vita. That would be awesome. It is a pitty that I have canceled League Pass because of that. But hopefully they will change that still during this season

+ NMLsJT on November 4th, 2013 at 9:02 am said:

It’s frustrating, I had no problems with the mlb app here in Colombia. I use the NFL Game Pass without issue but that’s is on my computer. I wish the NFL would get it together like the MLB has and put an app on the PS3.

+ ev_83 on November 5th, 2013 at 2:46 pm said:

Anybody able to log in with your 5 choice teams???

+ daggertoes on November 6th, 2013 at 7:12 am said:

Please fix the forwarding and rewinding. Can only fast forward super fast. Miss everything. Really can’t rewind either. Other than that it’s a beautiful picture/app.

+ oddurho on November 6th, 2013 at 10:18 am said:

Support for international league pass would be great!
dont really understand the economics behind the app only being available for U.S. subscribers of the league pass….

+ DaHoodShop on November 7th, 2013 at 3:02 am said:

PS3 does not show my 5 selected teams….works fine on PC, but not on PS3, Is there a sloution for this? When I go on PS3 it says I have not selected any teams…..

+ edonzy7 on November 7th, 2013 at 8:04 pm said:

Hey @DaHoodShop all you gotta do is call them and they will have to upgrade you to the premium package. I just called they said it will take a few days to send out the email, but that is all you have to do. Thank god for faulty stuff that allows me to upgrade for FREE!!!! Haha

+ abziani79 on November 8th, 2013 at 7:30 am said:

Some news? It would be so great watching the games on my Vita!!!! Come on, sony and NBA guys!!!!
Make it possible to foreign countries!!! Just that!!!!

+ kuaz0229 on November 8th, 2013 at 10:02 am said: