PS4 - Transistor

PlayStation Plus: November Preview

Kristine Steimer's Avatar + Posted by Kristine Steimer on Oct 31, 2013 // Sr. Community Specialist

It’s going to be quite the month for PlayStation fans. PS4 is almost here, and it’s going to be mega awesome when I fire mine up for the first time and already have two free games to play. Yep, both Resogun, the intense and beautiful shoot ‘em up from Housemarque(the amazing people behind Super Stardust) and Contrast, a unique 2D/3D puzzler platformer with a stunning art style will be available in the Instant Game Collection for PlayStation Plus members on November 15th.

Of course, we have plenty of other great games to keep you busy until then, like Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen, which is an expanded and enhanced version of Capcom’s original IP Dragon’s Dogma. There’s a new area to explore, a fast-travel system and plenty of new quests and weapons to keep you busy. Later on this month we’ll add ibb & obb, a 2-player co-op puzzler and Binary Domain, a third-person squad shooter. PS Vita owners can look forward to two amazing action-adventure titles: the classic Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath and the ever-epic Soul Sacrifice.

These games will hit the Instant Game Collection at various times throughout the month, so check back with us every Monday morning to see all the benefits of your membership.

ResogunContrast

Ibb and ObbDragon's Dogma Dark ArisenBinary Domain

Soul SacrificeOddworld Stranger's Wrath HD

Click here for a list of the latest PlayStation Plus content

November PlayStation Plus Preview

Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen (PS3)

PS Plus - Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen

Free for PS Plus members, Regular Price: $39.99
An epitaph speaks of another’s demise…A mysterious island known as Bitterblack Isle appears off the coast of Gransys. Its depths have claimed the lives of many Arisen their voices still haunt the labyrinth that lies deep beneath its surface–a labyrinth ripe with secrets waiting to be discovered. The time to take up arms has come once again. Delve into the isle’s depths and uncover its dark secret!

Ibb & obb (PS3)

PS Plus - Ibb and Obb

Free for PS Plus members, Regular Price: $9.99
ibb & obb is a two player cooperative game set in a puzzle filled world where gravity goes both up and down. You can only succeed by working closely together. Find a friend for some true local cooperative couch fun or match up online. Fall up and jump down through 15 levels filled with double gravity puzzles and discover the 8 hidden worlds that will test your new non-Newtonian skills to the maximum.

Resogun (PS4)

PS Plus - Resogun

Free for PS Plus members
RESOGUN is an intense fast-paced shoot em’ up developed exclusively for the PS4 system. Unleash a diverse array of devastating weapons including lasers, missiles, overdrive, and nova-bombs to blast hordes of enemies and rescue the last survivors from distant galactic colonies that are under ruthless attack from an evil alien invasion force.

Contrast (PS4)

PS Plus - Contrast

Free for PS Plus members
Contrast is a 2D/3D puzzle/platformer, set in a 1920′s vaudevillian, film noir dreamscape, full of cabaret, illusion and performance. You play as Dawn, the imaginary friend of a little girl, Didi, and you have the power to shift from the 3D world into a 2D shadowscape, by becoming your shadow. As Didi’s imaginary best friend, you must use your shadow shifting abilities to solve complex puzzles, in order to help Didi investigate the secrets that lie behind her troubled family.

Binary Domain (PS3)

PS Plus - Binary Domain

Free for PS Plus members, Regular Price: $19.99
Created by Toshihiro Nagoshi, the man behind some of SEGA’s most well-known video game franchises including the critically acclaimed Yakuza series, Binary Domain puts players in the middle of a fast paced and intense battle for humanity in a robot-filled 2080 Tokyo. Fighting through the derelict lower levels of the city, players control an international peace-keeping squad that soon starts to question their surroundings and the choices they make. Are the robots becoming more human, or are humans becoming more like machines?

Oddworld: Strangers Wrath (PS Vita)

PS Plus - Oddworld Stranger's Wrath HD

Free for PS Plus members, Regular Price: $14.99
In the dusty, undeveloped wastelands of Western Mudos, cantankerous townsfolk find their settlements besieged by belligerent outlaws. Along comes Stranger, a tall, dark and enigmatic bounty hunter with a mission to capture troublemakers and scoundrels and return them to civilized townships for incarceration.

Soul Sacrifice (PS Vita)

PS Plus - Soul Sacrifice

Free for PS Plus members, Regular Price: $35.99
Prepare yourself for a brutal combat experience where every decision made will have consequential results. Take on the role of a slave who is about to be sacrificed stumbles upon a forbidden book that allows its readers to relive battles between sorcerers and monsters of the past. In order to use the magic during fierce battles, the player must be willing to make a sacrifice – ranging from personal belongings, a limb, or even a life.

If you’ve got feedback on PlayStation Plus make sure you take the poll above as well as leave a comment below. To chat about all things PlayStation, including this update, you can head over to the PlayStation Community Forums. You’ll also find other topics you can contribute to, or start your own discussion.

PAGE 1 9 10 11

+ Rise_Against01 on November 3rd, 2013 at 12:28 pm said:

Man will i be busy this month!!!!!!!!

+ kcku0527 on November 3rd, 2013 at 2:46 pm said:

This may have already been asked but I was just wondering. My wife got a PS4 for me for Christmas. I know that we are able to preorder PS4 games and they are added to our download list. I know because Warframe shows in my list since I preordered it. My question is can we do the same with the PS4 plus offerings I don’t want to miss my free games but won’t have my system until Christmas or can I go on the sony store and add them to the download list? Thank ahead of time.

+ kcku0527 on November 3rd, 2013 at 6:19 pm said:

Nevermind the above question, I saw the answer earlier in the comments, thank you for allowing us who won’t have day one access to our PS4 to still enjoy the benefits of our PS+ sub. Loving the titles this month. Keep it up.

+ Bluemith on November 3rd, 2013 at 8:07 pm said:

Awesome releases!
I just bought a vita and I’m amazed.
I think I’m gonna have to get a bigger memcard though. ;)

+ Cancerebro on November 4th, 2013 at 1:40 am said:

You only give Vita games some weeks and pass PS3 and now there’s also PS4. I hope that won’t cause more waiting between free PS3 games. Great stuff though.

+ Muglio on November 4th, 2013 at 3:28 am said:

I won’t be getting a PS4 until early December. Is there a way that I can tag these games as “purchased” and download them when I get my PS4? I don’t want to miss them! T.T

+ muldy00 on November 4th, 2013 at 3:49 am said:

Good stuff. SS is the only game I want, though. Binary Domain was $5 on Steam. I already have Dragon’s Dogma and don’t know if I can fit Oddworld on my Vita.

When will memory cards be cheaper?

Binary Domain is a really fun game.

+ muldy00 on November 4th, 2013 at 3:53 am said:

Also EU is getting Revengence and Remember Me? We always get the older games.

+ cyxx1cyxx on November 4th, 2013 at 6:04 am said:

Awesome! I’ve been debating buying Dragon’s Dogma for the last few weeks, but now that it is coming out, I’m definitely snapping that up! Looking forward to Binary Domain, too! This is a great month!

+ JJIvey on November 4th, 2013 at 6:26 am said:

Awesome update. I’ve played none of these and even was about to buy Dogma to tie me over till PS4. I can’t wait to slam my ps4 HD with games that will backlog for years to come :)

I got a question i can’t seem to find the answer too. Will the ps3 and ps4 have seperate deals of the week / PS+ instant games? Like will we get 1 instant game for the ps3 and another for the ps4?

+ SpaceOddity87 on November 4th, 2013 at 6:49 am said:

Awesome month. For once I don’t own any of the games. Totally look forward to Dragon’s Dogma, Soul Sacrifice, and Ibb & Obb.

+ TKxPhoenix on November 4th, 2013 at 7:15 am said:

Great games! Every single one of them looks brilliant. Definitely going to download them all! Thank you, Playstation, and I hope the upcoming months’ games are as good as these.

+ SparklinDagels on November 4th, 2013 at 7:22 am said:

Fantastic drop! Looking forward to playing Ibb & obb and Binary Domain.

+ Def-FX on November 4th, 2013 at 7:37 am said:

Really good update. I’ve been wanting to try Dragon’s Dogma for a while now.

+ CrimsonPaw on November 4th, 2013 at 9:33 am said:

Here’s a suggestion – add a time machine to PS+ so that I can find time to play all the awesome games I’ve downloaded but have yet to play. There is no doubt that PS+ is worth the money!

+ angibri2000 on November 4th, 2013 at 12:30 pm said:

Dang it! I had just bought Soul Sacrifice on the Japan sale you guys had weeks ago. I Don’t regret it one bit though…that game is awesome! I already Plat’d it, I think it’s been the quickest game I’ve plat’d ever. Can’t wait for Delta and SS2!!!

+ theimortal1974 on November 4th, 2013 at 2:35 pm said:

i had no idea you could “buy” a ps plus game without having the system. true you can’t play it but if you are planning on buying the system soon and that game is only say a month long ps+ game… one question i plan to buy a ps4 but not for quite a while. though i’m hoping to get it in may if easily available. can i “buy” all the ps+ games for the ps4 from this month on until i actually buy the system even if it means downloading all those games at once at that time, which i could care less since those will probably be the only game i will have to play for it?

+ Brynngar on November 4th, 2013 at 3:05 pm said:

Not a bad selection, I already have Binary Domain but it is still a good game.

+ konamidude on November 4th, 2013 at 6:10 pm said:

Just Awesome :D

+ runs_like_wind on November 4th, 2013 at 9:13 pm said:

Awesome
i missed oddworld last time they gave it out
and ive been holding out on getting soul sacrifice
just hope they give them out early in the month rather than later

+ adelpilar_jpn on November 4th, 2013 at 11:39 pm said:

A m A Z i N g………….

+ Militaratus on November 5th, 2013 at 2:38 am said:

Sweet! My friends on Xbox 360 will soon transfer to PS4 due to Microsoft’ Xbox One Reveal/E3 behavior, and they will be happy they are greeted by Sony in the new console generation with 2 free games.

I love you.

+ Toadpipe on November 5th, 2013 at 5:24 am said:

Plus is a Great Deal. If you do not have it, Get It. One of the best programs in the history of gaming.

+ UIWWildthing on November 5th, 2013 at 7:14 am said:

If you don’t have a PS+ subscription, GameStop on Black Friday will be selling a 1 year plan for $29.99. I’m picking up one to extend my subscription another year, it’s EASILY worth the money with the freebies every month!

+ Xeno8106 on November 5th, 2013 at 9:19 am said:

Do you know if Resogun and Contrast will be up and playable around Nov. 15 through PS Plus for the launch? Or will we have to wait towards the end of the month? I’m only getting Knack and AC4 at launch so an extra game or 2 would be great :)

+ GIONAScm2 on November 5th, 2013 at 12:25 pm said:

Just recently got PS+ and I’m still trying to figure out something.

There are some PS+ Instant Game Collection Vita games that I want to download (gravity rush, wipeout), but my measily 4GB memory card won’t allow me to download these free games.

Is there any way I can add these free games to a download list of some sort, so I can download them when my Vita eventually gets a 64GB card? How would I go about doing this?

+ AustenFugginMele on November 5th, 2013 at 1:09 pm said:

Will Strangers Wrath HD be a cross buy, as in ps3/vita?

+ Melkarus on November 5th, 2013 at 8:01 pm said:

On the one hand, i hate that i bought soul sacrifice and Strangers wrath already; on the other hand, i love the rest of it xD Sweet deals, and i’m happy to see contrast on this list!

+ Melkarus on November 5th, 2013 at 8:02 pm said:

Giona, i don’t know if you’ll read this, but you can go on the online playstation network or any playstation store for that matter, and if you click “purchase”, the games will stay downloadable for as long as you have ps plus. So in a way, the list is the store, and you just unlock parts of it with ps plus as the months go by.

+ Kill_Scar on November 6th, 2013 at 3:42 am said:

i was really excited…then i saw Oddworld:Strangers Wrath was only for ps vita :\ oh well guess dark arisen, ibb & obb, and binary domain will have to do…

+ Lt_Combo on November 6th, 2013 at 5:50 am said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOO … bad “merica .. BAD .. lol XD, sooo jealous of the Free Soul Sacrifice for VITA!! We got a horrible RC racing game instead .. (which I already got for free from the megabundle but did not even bother to play, esp after seeing the reviews …)

Any chance the Soul Sacrifice will come to the EU PS+? I can’t spend more money on VITA games right now (spend like 600eu on a new TV, at least 500 will go to the PS4 and I just recently bought a VITA killzone bundle and spend 40eu on sony store credit)

I’m just a poor student .. sony is killing me

+ Lt_Combo on November 6th, 2013 at 5:56 am said:

@ 526, just press buy/download and even if you do not download them they are for ever in your download list and you can download/play them for free anytime you have PS+. When your sub runs out you won’t be able to play them until you renew your sub and all games you bought previously are available again.

You don’t need to download the games .. I got all the PS+ games for PS3 after getting my PSv and PS+ even though I don’t own one. I just went to the online sony store and “bought” them all. 2 or 3 months later When my little brother suddenly bought a PS3 I downloaded all the games on his PS3 even those who weren’t in the PS+ collection anymore.

In the PSv store press the options thing and then pick download list .. all the games you “bought” for free with PS+ should be there

+ MattWiggles on November 6th, 2013 at 8:07 pm said:

I’m going to enjoy this month, just got Vita and think Soul Sacrifice looks fun. Also Dragon’s Dogma.

But I was wondering, do you know if Hyperdimension Neptunia: Victory could possibly be free for ps plus next month or anytime soon? I’ve been looking forward to it, but can’t find it anywhere in stores (always sold out), and the price is still high in psn. o,o

Thanks for the games!

+ mdyer2 on November 8th, 2013 at 1:58 pm said:

Question!!!!!

Is there any way for PS3 Plus subscribers to “buy” the PS4 free games? I am obviously going to buy a PS4 eventually, but I don’t have the money to buy one right away, and I’d still love to get those free PS4 games when I finally do purchase a PS4.

+ PowerGusso-US on November 8th, 2013 at 7:33 pm said:

Thanks PSN Plus!!!

+ Crisis_coree on November 11th, 2013 at 7:43 am said:

i wanna play soul sacrifice
that be on today ?

+ drewbee24 on November 11th, 2013 at 8:27 am said:

Binary Domain… is it good?? Looks very intriguing.

+ KILLERKUBAN1 on November 11th, 2013 at 4:52 pm said:

Hey how do people do the EU playstation plus and US do u have diff systems with accounts or what?

+ FruitOnline on November 12th, 2013 at 6:13 am said:

One thing that ticks me off is that Injustice Gods Among Ultimate Editon is coming to the Vita and I don’t have the money! :( Not even the free games chair me up…

+ TheOvermatt on November 12th, 2013 at 5:15 pm said:

Any idea how long Resogun is going to be free?

+ kingscr34m11 on November 13th, 2013 at 11:29 am said:

I know that they made Oddworld Stranger’s Wrath for the PS3 so I’m curious is this a cross buy sort of deal or will this one only work on the Vita?

I’ve been dying to play it since the Xbox so if I could potentially get it for free stoked would be putting it lightly.

+ MrGReaperAlso on November 16th, 2013 at 5:53 pm said:

new to plus, how do i tell binary domain that it is free? it still shows as $19.99

+ BrotherFilmriss on November 19th, 2013 at 11:06 am said:

It isn’t atm. US ps+ is updated weekly not monthly like EU.

+ FaCyu__Darkside on November 19th, 2013 at 7:02 pm said:

Hey Kristine, any chance of seeing Killzone Mercenary anytime on the Vita IGC? PLZ answer

+ Masamune753 on November 21st, 2013 at 6:39 pm said:

Did I already miss Soul Sacrifice? I don’t see it available now on PS plus, I just bought my Vita and I was crazy looking forward to it!

+ bt1234567892010 on November 22nd, 2013 at 4:41 pm said:

@ 545

it’ll be next week, the last game in November for Plus.

PAGE 1 9 10 11