PS4 - Destiny

PlayStation Plus: November Preview

Kristine Steimer's Avatar + Posted by Kristine Steimer on Oct 31, 2013 // Sr. Community Specialist

It’s going to be quite the month for PlayStation fans. PS4 is almost here, and it’s going to be mega awesome when I fire mine up for the first time and already have two free games to play. Yep, both Resogun, the intense and beautiful shoot ‘em up from Housemarque(the amazing people behind Super Stardust) and Contrast, a unique 2D/3D puzzler platformer with a stunning art style will be available in the Instant Game Collection for PlayStation Plus members on November 15th.

Of course, we have plenty of other great games to keep you busy until then, like Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen, which is an expanded and enhanced version of Capcom’s original IP Dragon’s Dogma. There’s a new area to explore, a fast-travel system and plenty of new quests and weapons to keep you busy. Later on this month we’ll add ibb & obb, a 2-player co-op puzzler and Binary Domain, a third-person squad shooter. PS Vita owners can look forward to two amazing action-adventure titles: the classic Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath and the ever-epic Soul Sacrifice.

These games will hit the Instant Game Collection at various times throughout the month, so check back with us every Monday morning to see all the benefits of your membership.

ResogunContrast

Ibb and ObbDragon's Dogma Dark ArisenBinary Domain

Soul SacrificeOddworld Stranger's Wrath HD

Click here for a list of the latest PlayStation Plus content

November PlayStation Plus Preview

Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen (PS3)

PS Plus - Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen

Free for PS Plus members, Regular Price: $39.99
An epitaph speaks of another’s demise…A mysterious island known as Bitterblack Isle appears off the coast of Gransys. Its depths have claimed the lives of many Arisen their voices still haunt the labyrinth that lies deep beneath its surface–a labyrinth ripe with secrets waiting to be discovered. The time to take up arms has come once again. Delve into the isle’s depths and uncover its dark secret!

Ibb & obb (PS3)

PS Plus - Ibb and Obb

Free for PS Plus members, Regular Price: $9.99
ibb & obb is a two player cooperative game set in a puzzle filled world where gravity goes both up and down. You can only succeed by working closely together. Find a friend for some true local cooperative couch fun or match up online. Fall up and jump down through 15 levels filled with double gravity puzzles and discover the 8 hidden worlds that will test your new non-Newtonian skills to the maximum.

Resogun (PS4)

PS Plus - Resogun

Free for PS Plus members
RESOGUN is an intense fast-paced shoot em’ up developed exclusively for the PS4 system. Unleash a diverse array of devastating weapons including lasers, missiles, overdrive, and nova-bombs to blast hordes of enemies and rescue the last survivors from distant galactic colonies that are under ruthless attack from an evil alien invasion force.

Contrast (PS4)

PS Plus - Contrast

Free for PS Plus members
Contrast is a 2D/3D puzzle/platformer, set in a 1920′s vaudevillian, film noir dreamscape, full of cabaret, illusion and performance. You play as Dawn, the imaginary friend of a little girl, Didi, and you have the power to shift from the 3D world into a 2D shadowscape, by becoming your shadow. As Didi’s imaginary best friend, you must use your shadow shifting abilities to solve complex puzzles, in order to help Didi investigate the secrets that lie behind her troubled family.

Binary Domain (PS3)

PS Plus - Binary Domain

Free for PS Plus members, Regular Price: $19.99
Created by Toshihiro Nagoshi, the man behind some of SEGA’s most well-known video game franchises including the critically acclaimed Yakuza series, Binary Domain puts players in the middle of a fast paced and intense battle for humanity in a robot-filled 2080 Tokyo. Fighting through the derelict lower levels of the city, players control an international peace-keeping squad that soon starts to question their surroundings and the choices they make. Are the robots becoming more human, or are humans becoming more like machines?

Oddworld: Strangers Wrath (PS Vita)

PS Plus - Oddworld Stranger's Wrath HD

Free for PS Plus members, Regular Price: $14.99
In the dusty, undeveloped wastelands of Western Mudos, cantankerous townsfolk find their settlements besieged by belligerent outlaws. Along comes Stranger, a tall, dark and enigmatic bounty hunter with a mission to capture troublemakers and scoundrels and return them to civilized townships for incarceration.

Soul Sacrifice (PS Vita)

PS Plus - Soul Sacrifice

Free for PS Plus members, Regular Price: $35.99
Prepare yourself for a brutal combat experience where every decision made will have consequential results. Take on the role of a slave who is about to be sacrificed stumbles upon a forbidden book that allows its readers to relive battles between sorcerers and monsters of the past. In order to use the magic during fierce battles, the player must be willing to make a sacrifice – ranging from personal belongings, a limb, or even a life.

If you’ve got feedback on PlayStation Plus make sure you take the poll above as well as leave a comment below. To chat about all things PlayStation, including this update, you can head over to the PlayStation Community Forums. You’ll also find other topics you can contribute to, or start your own discussion.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 11

+ DualEdge on October 31st, 2013 at 9:47 am said:

Seriously amazing month! I literally just finished Binary Domain over the weekend and the game is awesome! Definitely check it out. I was also planning to pick up Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen in a hopeful Black Friday sale, but that’s been taken care of for me as well! Thanks Sony!!

+ reson8er on October 31st, 2013 at 9:47 am said:

What a fantastic month to be a + member, keep up the great work guys.

+ MrSignal on October 31st, 2013 at 9:47 am said:

Looks nice this month. Gonna be looking forward to playing Strangers Wrath.

As with any games you can’t immediately download, pick it up via the web store so you can play it later.
That’s my plan at least for the first few months of PS4 titles.

+ snakeeyes211 on October 31st, 2013 at 9:47 am said:

November is a amazing month for plus

+ tbx59 on October 31st, 2013 at 9:47 am said:

A good month on plus and ps4 is here 2 weeks from tomorrow. Sweet.

+ oshkoshbagosh1 on October 31st, 2013 at 9:48 am said:

Why can’t we just have all the games at once like on EU?

+ jasonstreet on October 31st, 2013 at 9:48 am said:

Will the oddworld strangers wrath be cross platform I have been waiting on the ps3 version to come to plus but i have only seen it on the europe list. Also and more importantly those of us unable to get a ps4 at launch will we be able to use a webstore to put the ps4 games on our list so we can have it when we get the system or do we just lose value since you took away one of our ps3 games and it seems to come across that we are being punished for not having a ps4 at launch?

+ micbelt on October 31st, 2013 at 9:48 am said:

Looks like a solid month, thanks and looking forward to playing these!

+ Hayades on October 31st, 2013 at 9:49 am said:

Great month. Will you keep this formula (2 ps4 games, 3 ps3 and 2 vita) for the foreseeable future or will you phase out ps3 games soon?

+ mettreidici on October 31st, 2013 at 9:49 am said:

Ohh. Ibb and obb looks really nice. I was waiting for a sale to get this little gem. I saw the review of this game on Cooptimus and I felt in love. Dragon dogma is icing on the cake for me ;) Really nice line up.

+ txwolf63 on October 31st, 2013 at 9:50 am said:

I haven’t played any of those games . Can’t wait. Xbox is giving world of keflings lol. I have a xbox but if you want to give away games , really.

+ SJD13 on October 31st, 2013 at 9:50 am said:

Great month! I don’t usually post, but this deserves so. PS+ value is unmatched. Here’s hoping next week’s store update we get the chance to preorder more PS4 titles.

+ SiloEyes on October 31st, 2013 at 9:50 am said:

Amazing month and can’t wait for PS4! However, I think I’m going to have to stop buying Vita games at the rate they are just popping up for free with Plus lol

+ J-Wood on October 31st, 2013 at 9:50 am said:

Hands down, PS+ is the best service I’ve ever paid for.

+ JoeCamNet on October 31st, 2013 at 9:52 am said:

I haven’t been very happy with IGC lately, but this month is absolutely fantastic. Top notch lineup.

+ Stringer2355 on October 31st, 2013 at 9:53 am said:

Was hoping for Far Cry 3, since EU Plus got in October, maybe a sale. Then I might renew back into Plus. I Wonder what is leaving this month

+ yasser90x on October 31st, 2013 at 9:53 am said:

Meh.

+ ShadowSkylark7 on October 31st, 2013 at 9:53 am said:

@3 @5 Really? You want to complain that we got awesome games just like EU PS+ after people complaining all year that EU was getting better stuff? Stop being a spoiled, self-entitled brat.

Thank you! PS+ is a great service and all your efforts are greatly appreciated. Soul Sacrifice is an awesome game and I can’t wait for more people to have the chance to play it. Can’t wait for the PS4!

+ Souledge94 on October 31st, 2013 at 9:53 am said:

great month. I have a question. If you dont have a ps4 can you still somehow download the free ps4 games so you can have them when you get a ps4? Side note binary domain is awesome people should be very happy about that game coming to the ps+ collection.Also kinda wish strangers wrath was free for psn but hey free is free.

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on October 31st, 2013 at 9:54 am said:

The only game I was interested in is Ibb & Obb, but since my wife just left me, it’s not really going to do me any good. But I suppose I have bigger problems right now than figuring out what game to play.

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Paul Sullivan on October 31st, 2013 at 10:04 am said:

*brohug*

+ LockedUpInside on October 31st, 2013 at 9:54 am said:

One of the best PS+ updates. Looking forward to finally getting a chance to try Soul Sacrifice on the Vita, Dragon’s Dogma on PS3, and I can already start building up my PS4 game collection!
(BEYOND!)

+ Elvick_ on October 31st, 2013 at 9:54 am said:

Great games.

Have the PS Vita ones though.

Really miss getting PSone games. (though not the crappy ones)

+ IIL0YDII on October 31st, 2013 at 9:54 am said:

Once again worse than EU

+ Shrewder on October 31st, 2013 at 9:55 am said:

Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!

What an excellent offering of content.

+ MarkakaJin on October 31st, 2013 at 9:55 am said:

This is better than October’s lineup.

+ D-Squad3 on October 31st, 2013 at 9:55 am said:

Soul Sacrifice and Oddworld? Nice

+ Spyda8012 on October 31st, 2013 at 9:56 am said:

My body is not ready.

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on October 31st, 2013 at 10:09 am said:

Well, GET IT READY!

+ TimeSkipLuffyUS on October 31st, 2013 at 9:56 am said:

agree. Worse then EU as usual…

+ ioshi_US on October 31st, 2013 at 9:56 am said:

thank you for Soul Sacrifice and Oddworld: Strangers Wrath
great update for ps vita owner :)
btw this month Gravity, Uncharted and Wipeout will be replaced right?

+ trexpert on October 31st, 2013 at 9:56 am said:

I know future PS4 owners are annoyed at needing plus to play online, but to me the value of the instant game collection blows that objection out of the water.

Though I admit to being annoyed when you release one that I’ve bought and not beat yet :) (*Cough* Gravity Rush *Cough* and Sine Mora) but I can trade those in and buy something else if I bought the physical media.

+ Teh_AKOD on October 31st, 2013 at 9:57 am said:

This is a great month. Plenty of good games and our first PS4 goodies, I have a question tho: Is it true that Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen is the same game as the previous Dragon’s Dogma but with more content?

+ MANDO31694 on October 31st, 2013 at 9:57 am said:

Wow. I’ve been wanting to play Dragons Dogma but now I can’t bcuz I’m getting a PS4 and I’ll be more focused on playing those games. I’ll still download it and save it for later if I ever have time now that I’ll have a PS4. I’ll play it if it’s released before the PS4 though. Like the day that I wait for the UPS guy to get here I could play it while I wait :)
But yeah overall good week on Vita too. PS+>Gold

+ FearMonkey on October 31st, 2013 at 9:57 am said:

Wow. Amazing month.

Can’t wait for Resogun. Most anticipated PS4 game at launch. <3

+ CrusaderForever on October 31st, 2013 at 9:58 am said:

(Cowering in fear of the juggernaut that is PS+) sniveling and wincing…………Please…..PLEASE don’t put your foot down! PLEASE!!!

I am in awe of your greatness! Holy CRAP what an awesome month! BOOM! “HELLO I AM PS+ AND ALL WILL BEHOLD MY GREATNESS!”

Thanks Sony! :)

+ yasser90x on October 31st, 2013 at 9:59 am said:

EU got DD & Far Cry 3 in the SAME month

+ elmagaso on October 31st, 2013 at 10:00 am said:

great job team for november, just became a plus member taking advantage of the 10 dolllar credit with great horror sales and game collection!

+ LTSwordmastre360 on October 31st, 2013 at 10:00 am said:

OMG!!!! I always wanted to give Binary Domain a shot – the demo was awesome.

I was literally going to go out and buy Dark Arisen with the next week or two. this is AWESOME!

+ Gorvi on October 31st, 2013 at 10:01 am said:

Wow, now that’s a great month, and I only own one of those games (Soul Sacrifice)! Thank you!

+ jayrabbit on October 31st, 2013 at 10:01 am said:

wow! awesome month I look forward to it, cant wait to play soul sacrifice and contrast, will contrast be remote play enabled day 1?

+ mettreidici on October 31st, 2013 at 10:01 am said:

I forgot, but will the line-up for the annual game for the Vita (uncharted, wipeout + gravity rush) will changed this month? If not, when can we expect a change? It’s my understanding that those three games joined the IGC a year ago, does that mean we can expect a rotation anytime soon?

+ EvyatarAtarEvyat on October 31st, 2013 at 10:02 am said:

Wow!
Amazing month,great job!
Will the Vita green titles be exchanged this month?

+ soundandvision77 on October 31st, 2013 at 10:03 am said:

I’m not too interested in Dragon’s Dogma, but I can appreciate the quality of the free games this month. Time to try out Soul Sacrifice and see if I like it beyond what you could play in the demo. Really looking forward to Contrast as well. I already have Stranger’s Wrath, but I’d consider that as big a game as Soul Sacrifice, even if it’s only $15. Great game!

+ athantos on October 31st, 2013 at 10:03 am said:

Now I’m glad I didn’t pick up Dark Arisen. Contemplated it several time but never made it to the register.

… and look, two more games to add to my Vita collection. Now all I need it the Vita to go with them. Someday.

+ CrusaderForever on October 31st, 2013 at 10:04 am said:

Also, this is a great way to advertise PS+! All of the next gen gamers on the fence between the X180 and the PS4 will take notice. PS+ is truly a system seller! Well done, I wish you much success with all the new gamers you are converting! How exciting!

+ MG_PANDORA on October 31st, 2013 at 10:05 am said:

Great Update, Great Games, Great Console …. What else can you ask for? Thanks!!

+ stlthriot on October 31st, 2013 at 10:05 am said:

The first month I don’t own ANY of the games already :D sweeeet!! :D and they all look excellent! :D

I’m assuming PS4 games will be like Vita that if we don’t own one yet we can at least add them to our collection for when we finally do? :)

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Paul Sullivan on October 31st, 2013 at 10:07 am said:

Indeed, you can! Just add them to your cart and complete the transaction and you’ll be all set for the fuuuuture!

+ poodude on October 31st, 2013 at 10:06 am said:

Well I should have read the post more carefully. Just realized Contrast and res0gun will be there day one!

+ Gamerzlimited on October 31st, 2013 at 10:06 am said:

Finally, the best month of PS+ so far. Now I won’t have to buy Dragon’s Dogma. :)

@IIL0YDII If I had to rate you as one of my top 10 trolls of the PS blog, you’re in 4th place over Ryumoaner. You sincerely have very terrible taste in gaming. Get out of this blog right now.

+ Kylote on October 31st, 2013 at 10:07 am said: