PS4-The Order

PlayStation Plus: November Preview

Kristine Steimer's Avatar + Posted by Kristine Steimer on Oct 31, 2013 // Sr. Community Specialist

It’s going to be quite the month for PlayStation fans. PS4 is almost here, and it’s going to be mega awesome when I fire mine up for the first time and already have two free games to play. Yep, both Resogun, the intense and beautiful shoot ‘em up from Housemarque(the amazing people behind Super Stardust) and Contrast, a unique 2D/3D puzzler platformer with a stunning art style will be available in the Instant Game Collection for PlayStation Plus members on November 15th.

Of course, we have plenty of other great games to keep you busy until then, like Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen, which is an expanded and enhanced version of Capcom’s original IP Dragon’s Dogma. There’s a new area to explore, a fast-travel system and plenty of new quests and weapons to keep you busy. Later on this month we’ll add ibb & obb, a 2-player co-op puzzler and Binary Domain, a third-person squad shooter. PS Vita owners can look forward to two amazing action-adventure titles: the classic Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath and the ever-epic Soul Sacrifice.

These games will hit the Instant Game Collection at various times throughout the month, so check back with us every Monday morning to see all the benefits of your membership.

ResogunContrast

Ibb and ObbDragon's Dogma Dark ArisenBinary Domain

Soul SacrificeOddworld Stranger's Wrath HD

Click here for a list of the latest PlayStation Plus content

November PlayStation Plus Preview

Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen (PS3)

PS Plus - Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen

Free for PS Plus members, Regular Price: $39.99
An epitaph speaks of another’s demise…A mysterious island known as Bitterblack Isle appears off the coast of Gransys. Its depths have claimed the lives of many Arisen their voices still haunt the labyrinth that lies deep beneath its surface–a labyrinth ripe with secrets waiting to be discovered. The time to take up arms has come once again. Delve into the isle’s depths and uncover its dark secret!

Ibb & obb (PS3)

PS Plus - Ibb and Obb

Free for PS Plus members, Regular Price: $9.99
ibb & obb is a two player cooperative game set in a puzzle filled world where gravity goes both up and down. You can only succeed by working closely together. Find a friend for some true local cooperative couch fun or match up online. Fall up and jump down through 15 levels filled with double gravity puzzles and discover the 8 hidden worlds that will test your new non-Newtonian skills to the maximum.

Resogun (PS4)

PS Plus - Resogun

Free for PS Plus members
RESOGUN is an intense fast-paced shoot em’ up developed exclusively for the PS4 system. Unleash a diverse array of devastating weapons including lasers, missiles, overdrive, and nova-bombs to blast hordes of enemies and rescue the last survivors from distant galactic colonies that are under ruthless attack from an evil alien invasion force.

Contrast (PS4)

PS Plus - Contrast

Free for PS Plus members
Contrast is a 2D/3D puzzle/platformer, set in a 1920’s vaudevillian, film noir dreamscape, full of cabaret, illusion and performance. You play as Dawn, the imaginary friend of a little girl, Didi, and you have the power to shift from the 3D world into a 2D shadowscape, by becoming your shadow. As Didi’s imaginary best friend, you must use your shadow shifting abilities to solve complex puzzles, in order to help Didi investigate the secrets that lie behind her troubled family.

Binary Domain (PS3)

PS Plus - Binary Domain

Free for PS Plus members, Regular Price: $19.99
Created by Toshihiro Nagoshi, the man behind some of SEGA’s most well-known video game franchises including the critically acclaimed Yakuza series, Binary Domain puts players in the middle of a fast paced and intense battle for humanity in a robot-filled 2080 Tokyo. Fighting through the derelict lower levels of the city, players control an international peace-keeping squad that soon starts to question their surroundings and the choices they make. Are the robots becoming more human, or are humans becoming more like machines?

Oddworld: Strangers Wrath (PS Vita)

PS Plus - Oddworld Stranger's Wrath HD

Free for PS Plus members, Regular Price: $14.99
In the dusty, undeveloped wastelands of Western Mudos, cantankerous townsfolk find their settlements besieged by belligerent outlaws. Along comes Stranger, a tall, dark and enigmatic bounty hunter with a mission to capture troublemakers and scoundrels and return them to civilized townships for incarceration.

Soul Sacrifice (PS Vita)

PS Plus - Soul Sacrifice

Free for PS Plus members, Regular Price: $35.99
Prepare yourself for a brutal combat experience where every decision made will have consequential results. Take on the role of a slave who is about to be sacrificed stumbles upon a forbidden book that allows its readers to relive battles between sorcerers and monsters of the past. In order to use the magic during fierce battles, the player must be willing to make a sacrifice – ranging from personal belongings, a limb, or even a life.

If you’ve got feedback on PlayStation Plus make sure you take the poll above as well as leave a comment below. To chat about all things PlayStation, including this update, you can head over to the PlayStation Community Forums. You’ll also find other topics you can contribute to, or start your own discussion.

PAGE 1 4 5 6 7 8 11

+ Darkvizardichigo on October 31st, 2013 at 12:36 pm said:

@249: Thank you and love your avatar.

+ Sevyne on October 31st, 2013 at 12:38 pm said:

@251: No probs and yours is pretty good as well. DD Neon! Love Wayforward!

+ XeahuleXolic on October 31st, 2013 at 12:42 pm said:

last month was cool but not as good as November, but thank you!!

+ nolo451 on October 31st, 2013 at 12:51 pm said:

I’m excited about the November lineup as most of us are, but what’s really starting to sink in is how amazing it is that we are going to have a steady stream of Vita/PS3/PS4 games each month for free!! It’s so hard to believe, I’m going to have so many games to play, I still haven not even tried Ico/SOTC/3 other games and still trying to beat Rayman Origins on the Vita.

Keep up the great work, so happy to be a PS fan right now.

+ Ryumoau on October 31st, 2013 at 12:52 pm said:

Yay!! Thank you so much for Soul Sacrifice! i’ve waited on buying it because i thought it was overpriced. Also interested in Binary Domain. Already have Dragon Dogma and not too interested in the ps4 indie games.

+ PHEEliNUX on October 31st, 2013 at 12:59 pm said:

Huh… People say EU got DmC for Plus, I don’t remember that
Could be just my bad memory

+ honkayjeezus on October 31st, 2013 at 1:03 pm said:

I would rather have mp3 support free at PS4 launch, but can’t wait to play Dark Arisen.

+ rabidninjamonky on October 31st, 2013 at 1:03 pm said:

Great Month! Soul Sacrifice, Binary Domain, Dragon’s Dogma and Oddworld!!! This is my favorite PS + month ever! You know it’s a good month when even Ryumoau is happy.

+ PANTHER1030 on October 31st, 2013 at 1:05 pm said:

Amazing month, thanks Sony. :D

+ Red_Lantern14 on October 31st, 2013 at 1:05 pm said:

Dragon’s Dogma Dark Arisen and Soul Sacrifice! Yes! I’ve been waiting for these games to be free for a long time.

Are you guys going to update the Legacy games(Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Wipeout) for the ps vita this month?

I also see you guys updated on the same day Microsoft posted their free games. You guys would do a lot better if you updated the preview earlier. You guys win this round though. 7 free games!!!!

+ theobjector31415 on October 31st, 2013 at 1:06 pm said:

Can we download Resogun and Contrast on a PS3, just to get it on our “downloads” list, and then snag it later if we’re not getting a PS4 at launch?

+ zeothedeathgod on October 31st, 2013 at 1:08 pm said:

i can not complain about any of those games. all absolutely amazing to me. but weren’t the vita annual games meant to be switched out this month? trying not to complain just would like an update on that so i know what games to get for christmas.

+ TheXav1as on October 31st, 2013 at 1:10 pm said:

Finally something worth turning my ps3 back on for.

+ gamerholic on October 31st, 2013 at 1:12 pm said:

I LOVE YOU TOO PLAYSTATION!!! <3

+ luvmyR6 on October 31st, 2013 at 1:13 pm said:

@ Ryumoaner,

If you think $30 is overpriced for a popular game on the PS Vita, you really are pretty dumb.

Oh, why do I even bother responding to trolls?

+ ALONTE_17 on October 31st, 2013 at 1:14 pm said:

nice!!! finally things are starting to pick up for us north american ps plus users

+ secularsage on October 31st, 2013 at 1:15 pm said:

This. Is. AWESOME! Well done, PS+ team!

I’ve been wanting to replay Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath (one of the best games from the Xbox era that never made it to the PS2), and I’ve been looking for an excuse to try Dragon’s Dogma and Soul Sacrifice.

My poor Vita is already overused between Spelunky, Dragon’s Crown and Hotline Miami… I wish Sony would hurry up and get those 64GB memory cards on the market so I can store all these great games on one card.

Oh, and Ibb & Obb? Binary Domain? Not one, but TWO free PS4 games? November’s going to be great.

Playstation Plus is at its best when it offers a selection of free games that are really good, but which many folks missed out on. This is an incredible update. I can’t wait to see what sales come up soon! (For example, Muramasa Rebirth and Dragon’s Crown both need a sale so more people will play it them… why are Vanillaware games so underappreciated by the masses?)

+ nirojan45 on October 31st, 2013 at 1:20 pm said:

Dragon’s Dogma AND Soul Sacrifice!?!?!?! THANK YOU SONY!!! The EU PS+ is still better than ours, but finally we’re getting some games that I don’t have yet.

+ JKar275 on October 31st, 2013 at 1:23 pm said:

I’m happy to see that Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen & Binary Domain will join the PS Plus Instant Game Collection next month on PS3.

I think I’ll skip Contrast & Resogun on PS4 – they’re just not my types of games. I hope that the PS Plus Instant Game Collection on PS4 will eventually include AAA big-budget sci-fi shooters & RPGs as well as fantasy RPGs.

+ DasRequiem on October 31st, 2013 at 1:25 pm said:

Great update!

+ andresarriola on October 31st, 2013 at 1:26 pm said:

Great month! Congrats! Faith restored! Lol

+ DARK_REAPER_543 on October 31st, 2013 at 1:27 pm said:

Great month. Nice

+ Thodias_Br on October 31st, 2013 at 1:33 pm said:

Another great month! Now I’m trying to figure out how I will find time to play it all, haha! I’m still playing Kingdoms of Amalur from last month, have more than 30 hours of game and think I’m not even close to finish it! I also got The Walking Dead + The Walking Dead 400 Days and Dead Island from the Sales of the Dead, and now you are giving me Dragon’s Dogma?! You guys really don’t want me to work, do you? Haha!

+ GilVicenteBR on October 31st, 2013 at 1:34 pm said:

Parabéns Sony, nesse mês acertaram nos games, os de vita então, não poderiam ser melhores

+ Gungrea on October 31st, 2013 at 1:35 pm said:

I knew if I waited long enough, I’d get Soul Sacrifice for free :)

+ Erlaxis on October 31st, 2013 at 1:35 pm said:

Wow. Just… wow. I love this month’s selection. I was interested in all these games, and for the first time ever I don’t own any of them. Thanks, and congrats to the team behind PS+!

+ Dalrint on October 31st, 2013 at 1:36 pm said:

I won’t be able to get a PS4 for several months at least. Will I be able to add the PS4 games to my collection now through my PS3, so I’ll have them when I do get my ps4?

+ smoothboarder540 on October 31st, 2013 at 1:37 pm said:

Thanks Paul. It was a great day that capped off an awesome year. But this post definitely made this a good day too.

+ pikfloydviste on October 31st, 2013 at 1:41 pm said:

Great games this month on all platforms. Just wondering if/when Gravity Rush, Uncharted and Wipeout are going to be replaced with other big name Vita games like happened a while back with the PS3 game collection. Anyone have info on that? Thanks.

+ Kanon_of_Gemini on October 31st, 2013 at 1:45 pm said:

Soul Sacrifice?, thats a ticket!, Finally gonna get my hands on this one!

By the way, you still hurt my feelings sony, I haven’t forgot that europe got Metal Gear Rising!!

+ Back4Revenge on October 31st, 2013 at 1:48 pm said:

Will there be any PS4 demos on the PSN at launch?

+ Tinye310 on October 31st, 2013 at 1:51 pm said:

Dang, what a great month!

+ Joeltron3030 on October 31st, 2013 at 1:53 pm said:

Amazing month! Cant wait to get my PS4 and 6 free games! I was disappointed when Watch Dogs got backed up, but then Sony responded in the best way by giving us PS4 versions of flow, flower, Soundshapes and Escape Plan. And now Resogun and Contrast. I effing love you Sony. Greatness awaits…15 days!

+ MeanMachineGene on October 31st, 2013 at 1:54 pm said:

Finally theres something here for me. Nice update!! thanks!! Cant wait to play Soul Sacrifice for vita :) Thanks again!!

+ Critosis on October 31st, 2013 at 1:57 pm said:

Woot love you sony. What day is dragons dogma coming out?

+ NSDI on October 31st, 2013 at 1:57 pm said:

Well, I cannot remember how many games I have got “for free” after I purchased them. It’s good for other people though. SS is a great game. I’m actually more interested in the discounts… Do we have any in November?

+ tusunami on October 31st, 2013 at 1:58 pm said:

Well out of the 7 games for Plus 3 of them i have for PS3, but nonetheless i am very thankful.

+ longhorns197 on October 31st, 2013 at 1:58 pm said:

Just when I thought that I needed more games for my vita. What a great month for Playstation Plus.

+ Unit68matthew on October 31st, 2013 at 2:01 pm said:

Another excellent month for PS+. Glad to see Soul Sacrifice and Resogun made it on the list!

+ Skyyplum on October 31st, 2013 at 2:07 pm said:

Best month of Plus ever. I’m stoked :)

+ Hayterfan on October 31st, 2013 at 2:12 pm said:

Yes more people will experience the sleeper hits of Dragon’s Dogma and Binary Domain

+ oh_richard on October 31st, 2013 at 2:13 pm said:

ODDWORLD!

+ cyclonedeath on October 31st, 2013 at 2:13 pm said:

This is the best month i think i’ve seen of the ps plus, it’s a shame that I bought both of the ps vita games already, both of them this month too! oh well, i guess it’s ok to support these companies anyways.

+ Otaku_Power on October 31st, 2013 at 2:16 pm said:

Wow wtf Oo! Amazing month. Can’t wait for Dragon’s Dogma DA. I finished the first one and I was about to pay the 40$ for the DLC-like content of DA. The other games are great too. I hope that the next months will be that nice :D!

+ mentos4me on October 31st, 2013 at 2:16 pm said:

Is Stranger’s Wrath going to include the PSN version of the game? I’d love to be able to play it on my TV.

Oh, and will there be a way to download the PS4 games without a PS4 – like you can download Vita games on the PS3? I only ask because I likely won’t have my PS4 until early next year, and I’d love to build up a small collection for then.

+ HellzofWarz on October 31st, 2013 at 2:21 pm said:

I never leave comments but this month is sooo good that I just have to say Good job getting those games! They are great especially Soul sacrifice!

+ Noble758 on October 31st, 2013 at 2:23 pm said:

I’m glad I put off buying dragons dogma cause I had a feeling they were gonna do this.

+ mikerocks1234 on October 31st, 2013 at 2:23 pm said:

solid month does anyone know probably some Elise has ask this ,but if you select to download the ps4 games will they be available when one gets it.

+ Gamzinga on October 31st, 2013 at 2:29 pm said:

Will PS3 PS+ members be able to download PS4 PS+ content? I don’t plan to get a PS4 at launch as my hands are already full with my PS3 and Vita. But I don’t want to miss out on the PS4 PS+ freebies.

+ PatricioUSA on October 31st, 2013 at 2:40 pm said:

Its amazing you guys give us Soul Sacrifice but we get 1 great game a month compared to 3 or 4 for Europe.
Just saying.