PS4 - Destiny

New on Sony Entertainment Network

Jeff Safran's Avatar + Posted by Jeff Safran on Nov 01, 2013 // Marketing Manager, Sony Entertainment Network

Featured New Releases

Check out what’s new on the Music Unlimited service this week! Read the highlights and browse new albums below.

Highlights

New on SEN 11-1-2013
  • Arcade Fire’s 4th studio album, the much-hyped follow-up to their massively successful, GRAMMY Album of the Year winning release, The Suburb.
  • A re-imagined version of Linkin Park’s 2012 album, Living Things, with remixes from Datsik, Steve Aoki & the band’s own Mike Shinoda.
  • A Kelly Clarkson Christmas album to get you in the spirit early, with classics like “White Christmas” & “Silent Night” alongside originals like “Wrapped in Red” & “4 Carats”
  • A Music Unlimited exclusive version of death metal band Katakalysm’s new album, which includes track-by-track commentary.

New Albums Available This Week

Arcade FireReflektor
LINKIN PARKRECHARGED
Kelly ClarksonWrapped In Red
Kataklysm – Waiting for the End to Come (Exclusive Track by Track Version)
Toby KeithDrinks After Work [Deluxe Edition]
Susan BoyleHome for Christmas
Death Cab for CutieTransatlanticism (10th Anniversary Edition)
SeetherSEETHER: 2002-2013
Insane Clown PosseForgotten Freshness Vol. 5
The Flaming LipsPeace Sword
The Sounds – Weekend
Robert GlasperBlack Radio 2
Banda El Recodo De Cruz LizarragaHaciendo Historia
J BalvinLa Familia
Cash CashOvertime EP
White DenimCorsicana Lemonade
Minor AlpsGet There
The SwellersThe Light Under Closed Doors
Los Campesinos! No Blues

New Singles Available This Week

Ice Cube“Sasquatch”
One Direction“Story of My Life”
Billie Joe + Norah“Long Time Gone”
Young the Giant“It’s About Time”
AWOLNATION “Not Your Fault (Robert DeLong Remix)”

The Joker, Catwoman and more of your favorite villains are causing all sorts of trouble in New Release Recap. Just in time for Halloween is the release of Necessary Evil: Super-Villains of DC Comics. Plus, new this week on the PlayStation Store is the historical thriller PARKLAND, a new season of TMNT, and more.

Necessary Evil

Villains are taking over the Video Unlimited service with the release of Necessary Evil: Super-Villains of DC Comics. The Joker, Bane, Catwoman, Darkseid, Doomsday, and Lex Luthor from the DC Comics’ universe take center stage in this feature-length documentary narrated by legendary screen villain Christopher Lee. In addition, watch the whole movie to see famed creators, storytellers and artists including Zack Snyder, Guillermo Del Toro, Jim Lee, Kevin Smith and Richard Donner, all sit down to give their opinions on some of comics’ most iconic antagonists.

Parkland Blog

November 22, 1963 changed the world forever. PARKLAND is the true story behind that tragic day that beloved American President John F. Kennedy was assassinated. Told from the vantage point of individuals forced to make split-second decisions after the incomprehensible event, their seemingly disparate yet woven together perspectives create one of the most powerful stories never told.

We Without Wings

Now on the Video Unlimited service is Season 1 of the Anime series We Without Wings. In the big city of Yanagihara, a group of young people navigate the busy metropolitan streets where their lives are shaped by chance encounters, missed connections, and dreams of escaping reality.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Turtle Power! Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello and Michelangelo are back for an all new season of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. In Season 3, the Turtles face a double threat when the Kraang and Shredder team up! Don’t miss a single episode by catching each one on the PlayStation Store.

Make sure rent this week’s Theatrical Throwdown Winner, Olympus Has Fallen for only $0.99 SD or $1.99 HD in the PlayStation Store this weekend, now until Sunday night 11 PM PDT. Also, visit the video store on your Sony Entertainment Network compatible devices, or simply access the Sony Entertainment Network web store to see all other latest new releases in movies and TV!

19 Comments

+ KazeEternal on November 1st, 2013 at 6:12 am said:

That’s nice and all, but until you enable PS4 to play MP3′s, AAC/MP4′s, and supply us with DLNA like on PS3 (along with a PS4 bluray remote) you can bet I won’t be continuing my subscription to Music Unlimited and shying away from the possibility of doing anything with the PlayStation store and Video Unlimited.

My PS3 is the media hub of several rooms in my home (I own more than one) I would like to continue that with the PS4. I understand a focus on games at the start, but I prefer to have these features sooner than never and that’s what it is seeming to be at the moment..

+ Superstone on November 1st, 2013 at 6:24 am said:

Bundle 3D movies with HD & SD. I would purchase more. Want to watch on my Vita but not paying for each format.

+ punkmusic2009 on November 1st, 2013 at 6:34 am said:

wow 7 free games in November do you still get the extras 2 like themes and avater

+ SCoopat on November 1st, 2013 at 6:59 am said:

where is the new album from SEPULTURA on MU??

+ Ryumoau on November 1st, 2013 at 8:19 am said:

Why is it so expensive to rent movies on psn. Its like $3.99 just to rent standard definition movies, which is crazy considering you can rent a blu ray from redbox for $1.50.

+ SolduNuts on November 1st, 2013 at 8:32 am said:

I use Music Unlimited everyday on several devices including my Xperia Z and my Vita. Most the time I enjoy using the service, but I am not fully convinced of staying a subscriber.

Here are my problems that keep me from jumping up and down to keep subscribing.

1. When I’m listening to music, I do not want Music Unlimited to skip the next song.
– MU will not allow me to play certain songs at certain times even if I manually select a song MU will just skip it. Why would I pay for a service that advertises that I can listen to any song in the catalog but then I can’t.
– MU will play a song and then for some reason, right in the middle of the song it will skip to the next. Very annoying.

+ SolduNuts on November 1st, 2013 at 8:32 am said:

2. Why does my playlists that I make keep getting messed up. Just last night half of one of my playlists got deleted and I had to go back and add all the songs that I had in there to begin with.
– There are two albums in my library that I cannot delete. This is because they are not in MU anymore, but I can’t get rid of them from my library. When clicking on them there is no music, they are completely empty.

3. I would love to have an option for us grown ups to have the choice to play explicit music over edited music.
– Example would be that I am listening to a channel and a song comes up to play next. If there is an edited and explicit version of the same song in the database then MU would play the explicit version over the edited.

Sold.

+ JKar275 on November 1st, 2013 at 8:52 am said:

@1: I completely agree with you!

I’m calling for a boycott of Music Unlimited until Sony relents & allows the PS4 to support MP3s, audio CDs, and other media features that the PS3 supports.

I’m currently a Music Unlimited subscriber (and I do enjoy it) but now I have deleted it from my PS3 & PS Vita. I’ve also canceled automatic renewal.

+ Teflon02 on November 1st, 2013 at 9:13 am said:

@1 & 8
Yoshida basically said on twitter they are aiming to put it in the PS4 now, seeing the backlash already, boycotting isn’t changing the situation any further if Yoshi already knows people are taking it serious.

+ I1111990ADNOV on November 1st, 2013 at 11:19 am said:

I came up with an idea that ya’ll might want to think about, How about ya’ll have Fatal Fury 1,2,3, Ultra Street Fighter 4(Every Street Fighter) Mortal Kombat (Every Mortal Kombat) Marvel VS Capcom (Every Marvel VS Capcom) and if ya’ll was to make one on the PS4 which would be Marvel VS Capcom 4 put all of them into one game and have it ported to the PS4. Same thing with Madden, NCAA Football, NBA Live, NBA 2K, Batman Arkham City, Origins, Spider-man, Hulk, and any other game and put them into one game so that people will be happy and they will not have to spend alot of money. Also, they would not have to worry about games like NCAA Football 14, Batman Arkham Origins or Ultra Street Fighter 4 not being ported to the PS4.

+ I1111990ADNOV on November 1st, 2013 at 11:20 am said:

I TELL EVERYONE ONE THING WHEN I LIVED IN EAST ORANGE BACK THEN =, I HAD SUPER NINTENDO AND ONE OF THE MAIN GAMES I LOVED TO PLAY IS: FATAL FURY 2 BECAUSE THE GAME WAS FULL OF CHARACTERS THAT HAD SIMILAR TECHNIQUES, MOVES, AND PERSONALITIES LIKE ON STREET FIGHTER IT IS KEN, ON FATAL FURY IT’S ANDY BOGARD, IN STREET FIGHTER IT’S SAGAT AND IN FATAL FURY IT’S JOE HIGASHI, IN STREET FIGHTER IT’S ZANGIEF AND IN FATAL FURY IT’S BIG BEAR AKA “RAIDEN” AND SO ON AND SO FORTH. YA’LL PRODUCERS, DIRECTORS AND MAKERS OF THE PS4 CONSOLE AND OTHERS GET MY POINT SOME OF YA’LL MIGHT AGREE WITH ME AND OTHERS MIGHT NOT AGREE WITH ME!!!!!!!!!!

+ I1111990ADNOV on November 1st, 2013 at 11:21 am said:

PRODUCERS, DIRECTORS, MAKERS OF THE PS4 AND OTHERS SHOULD THINK ABOUT THAT VERY HARD!!!

+ I1111990ADNOV on November 1st, 2013 at 11:35 am said:

WHAT I MEAN BY PUTTING EACH GAME AS ONE TO MAKE IT ONE GAME I MEAN THAT YOU CAN TAKE EACH GAME FROM 1 TO 4 SUCH AS A COLLECTION AND MAKE IT A COLLECTION OR ANNIVERSARY GAME. THEN PEOPLE WILL NOT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT SPENDING ALOT OF MONEY.

+ XenoNative on November 1st, 2013 at 12:27 pm said:

Where’s my Will Smith album!!

+ Tinye310 on November 1st, 2013 at 12:43 pm said:

@1 – I get the frustration but I think we should really look at the definition of the ps3 vs the ps4. Ps3 was an entertainment hub and the Ps4 is a gaming hub. Those include different features just by definition. Unfortunately they did not apply that same direction from the Ps3 to the Ps4 and I for one am glad because I want a gaming console. If you want an entertainment console I recommend looking at the xboxone because that’s what it does best.

My friend is getting the xbox and I am getting the ps4 – after debating for a while he said something that stuck with me. He wants the xbox one because of the entertainment hub opportunities and I want the ps4 for the fullest gaming opportunities. Our debate stopped and was resolved, we both understand our direction and we’re going with what fits us.

I think the definition of each console is important especially before you start ‘boycotting’ something you should understand what it’s offering. The ps3 /= ps4 -

+ I1111990ADNOV on November 1st, 2013 at 1:34 pm said:

Tinye310 I understand what you are saying but do you really want to play whack PS4 games with weak graphics, bad entertainment, and bad features/ scenery? I don’t think so because it would certainly be a waste of my life and a waste of your life. Like you said whatever console you are comfortable with you purchase it really does not matter what your friend or anyone else says as long as you like it. NOW WITH WHAT I WAS GOING TO SAY YOU CAN ADD THE OTHER SUPER NINTENDO GAME I ALSO LIKED PLAYING WHICH IS KILLER INSTINCT TO RESUME MY SIMILARITIES, ON STREET FIGHTER THERE IS BALROG, AND ON KILLER INSTINCT THERE IS COMBO , ON FATAL FURY THERE IS AXEL HAWK AND TEKKEN THERE IS MARDUK. YOU CAN ALSO ADD TEKKEN TO THE LIST AS PUTTING ALL 4 TEKKEN GAMES TOGETHER AS ONE TO MAKE IT AS A ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION GAME.

+ Psychosious on November 1st, 2013 at 2:19 pm said:

I am not, or will I ever get Music Unlimited when it is my only choice for music on the PS4. I have an extensive media collection on my computer and I have no reason to discard it becasue the executives at PlayStation see the Music Unlimited service as the only means for gamers to hear their music.

This is a MICROSOFT move if I ever seen one, this needs to be changed immediately.

DLNA and MP3 support should be a given being this is next gen technology were talking about here.

+ DeRadE16 on November 1st, 2013 at 7:12 pm said:

hmm good stuff

+ passivefamiliar on November 2nd, 2013 at 8:00 am said:

love music unlimitd. but as everyone here, im not happy with ps4 excluding so many little details…anything the ps3 can do the ps4 should be able to do. period.

i understand…but disagree with backwards compatibilit. (i still think digital games should be playable on either, but whatever…im just keeping my ps3)

im glad to hear chat of sony noticing the outcry.

‘it only does everything’ please keep that slogan, and make it ring true. dont water it down.

ps4 may be focusing on gaming, thats great. but there doesnt seem to be any real good reason it cant handle these (now in this tech age) SIMPLE functions. heres hoping it gets fixed.

but, also. im still waiting for a better screensaver on music unlimted on ps3. i want a much shorter timer on the screensaver timeout and maybe options for background images. but still enjoy it.