PS4 - Batman Arkham Knight

PlayStation Blogcast 096: Extra Lives

Nick Suttner's Avatar + Posted by Nick Suttner on Nov 02, 2013 // Account Support Manager, Sony Computer Entertainment America

Subscribe via iTunes or RSS, or download here

With just weeks until PS4′s launch in North America, we check in on NBA 2K14′s next-generation court, learn how to help children’s hospitals with Extra Life, share new game releases for November 15th and more!

Stuff We Talked About

• Extra Life
  • NBA 2K14
  • Call of Duty: Ghosts
  • Castlestorm
  • The Guided Fate Paradox
  • The Adventures of Cookie & Cream
  • Batman Arkham Origins
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • Ryan’s Top 10 of the Generation
  • More of your top 10 lists

Official PlayStation.Blogcast - Nick SuttnerOfficial PlayStation.Blogcast: Justin MassongillOfficial PlayStation Blogcast: Ryan Clements

Send us questions and tips: blogcast@playstation.sony.com or leave a voice message! 650-288-6706

The Cast

25 Comments

+ snakeeyes211 on November 2nd, 2013 at 8:44 pm said:

when are you going to post? about the event that’s going to be in New York on the 14th

+ Ryumoau on November 2nd, 2013 at 8:50 pm said:

Ghosts pretty much scared off all the big releases for next week. Funny how no one was afraid to release games beside Battlefield last week, lol.

+ PrimeroIncognito on November 2nd, 2013 at 9:34 pm said:

@ Ryumoaner

What’s “funny” about it? Isn’t it well-known and expected that most publishers refrain from releasing their games on the same date as the industry’s biggest names?

And just because it’s popular doesn’t necessarily mean it’s good… you know, like cigarettes, and religion, for example…

Call of DooDoo sells well because it caters to mainstream simpletons who get a rise out of things like explosions and emotionless killing, which unfortunately dominates this country’s collective mindstate…

But I got something funny for ya… One could just as easily say that ACTIVISION WAS AFRAID to release Ghosts alongside Battlefield 4 last week… durrr durr dur dee durr… didn’t think about THAT, did ya? After all, if CoD is truly superior, why not prove it by releasing the game on the same day as Battlefield and see which one sells better?

+ nanaki85 on November 2nd, 2013 at 9:42 pm said:

Ryu…You are such a lame ass troll everytime I see your down syndrome comments it makes me sick, I bet you never played a Battlefield game in your life, probably too scared to try a game that takes real skill so you resort to COD instead and have to bash other games that isn’t a JPRPG or some overhyped copy paste shooter..?
Get over yourself..

+ JackBurton-_-ME on November 2nd, 2013 at 10:15 pm said:

Don’t let the troll get you guys upset, he’s a jerk and I understand your frustration and it’s ok to let it out once in a while lol :)

Anyways, Nice blogcast as always :)

+ PrimeroIncognito on November 2nd, 2013 at 10:28 pm said:

I guess I could have used a better, more relevant analogy…

The Wii outsold the 360 and the PS3 this generation… does that mean the Wii is the best? NOPE.

+ jgrizzle358 on November 2nd, 2013 at 10:34 pm said:

For once Mr Robot Dog, I have to agree with you. Granted I enjoy explosions, but I can stand Call of Doodle or it’s fanbase.

+ jgrizzle358 on November 2nd, 2013 at 10:38 pm said:

No Sid this week? Sad face…

he did tell me on twitter he was home sick though.

Thanks for finally posting this guys, I’ve had a rough day. I don’t mean to get too personal but I recently found out my disability checks are gonna stop and now I have to go through this whole appeal process and I might be without income soon because I live in a city with a 13% poverty rate… it sucks.

Anyways, PlayStation is one of the few things that brings me happiness in this otherwise garbage world of pain and sadness…

+ supvic on November 2nd, 2013 at 10:41 pm said:

“One could just as easily say that ACTIVISION WAS AFRAID to release Ghosts alongside Battlefield 4 last week”

Quoted for truth, because it is.

+ JackBurton-_-ME on November 3rd, 2013 at 12:10 am said:

+ crusher915 on November 3rd, 2013 at 12:19 am said:

The thing we all want to know is are they really bringing back Pocketstation???

+ UndreyVITA on November 3rd, 2013 at 12:57 am said:

Have you guys thought of the best endings/plot twist in the generation?

+ Lenin-MH- on November 3rd, 2013 at 8:15 am said:

En ecuador tambien jugamos ps, deberian lanzarlo en la fecha establecida para latinoamerica.

+ Crazysoulman on November 3rd, 2013 at 9:42 am said:

can’t wait for ghost im so ready andfor ps+ can’t wait lets party!

+ RE_Player on November 3rd, 2013 at 9:51 am said:

Thought there wasn’t going to be a show this week. What a nice surprise.

+ TeamGreen615 on November 3rd, 2013 at 1:44 pm said:

Kept hearing someone yawn during the Podcast. Lol! Good show guys.

+ supvic on November 3rd, 2013 at 2:15 pm said:

“are there any ghosts in Call of Duty: Ghosts? is it like Beyond?” LOL!

+ honkayjeezus on November 3rd, 2013 at 7:22 pm said:

Congrats on a job… done?

+ drd7of14 on November 4th, 2013 at 11:29 am said:

Hey blogcast,

Loved the show today, although I admittedly missed Sid. I had a quick question. Would it be possible to release the Day 1 PS4 patch a day or 2 early to download via the browser, as to update via USB? Some people may not have high-speed internet, and while I don’t think 300 Mb is that much, I can understand the issue for others.

Perhaps if they had more time to download it ahead of time, or prepared elsewhere to start the PS4 experience Nov 15 Day 1 ASAP. It would also help the servers that are going to have Day 1 users constantly attempt downloading the patch. An early release would be beneficial for you guys as well. Thanks guys, and I am loving the Playstation memories. Keep ‘em strong. Keep ‘em coming.

+ Xer0Signal on November 4th, 2013 at 11:40 am said:

Argh, I just emailed my top 10 list over and immediately regret forgetting Demon’s Souls.

These lists are hard, man.

+ Apeman24 on November 4th, 2013 at 7:44 pm said:

We are getting so close to greatness!

+ aplay-may-cry on November 6th, 2013 at 3:19 am said:

I’m a hardcore devil may cry fan I played and platinum DmC. I thought the Music and acting were really good but the writing and devil trigger were really bad.Sorry I’m not trying to start something

+ RISE_UP44 on November 6th, 2013 at 9:18 pm said:

I love the fact that Ryan did a sports game review/interview and it seems like he did an excellent job, it is all about broadening your horizon’s lol..

+ RISE_UP44 on November 6th, 2013 at 9:18 pm said:

I always mean to call in to leave a message but never write down the phone number, lol.. Next time I have to.

+ Filmfreak1138 on November 25th, 2013 at 1:59 pm said:

great show! i was at work listening when i heard nick read my itunes review. not going to lie… it was pretty epic hearing my name mentioned on the show. cheers and keep it up