No Man's Sky

Killzone Shadow Fall: Ultra High Bitrate Multiplayer Footage

Michiel van der Leeuw's Avatar + Posted by Michiel van der Leeuw on Nov 04, 2013 // Technical Director, Guerrilla

Killzone Shadow Fall has been built from the ground up for PS4, and the response to the gameplay footage so far has been overwhelmingly positive. Unfortunately, there are limitations to streamed video on the internet, and many of the clips and trailers we’ve released thus far aren’t being viewed in the best possible fidelity and framerate.

Killzone Shadow Fall on PS4

In order to properly demonstrate the framerate and resolution we achieve in Shadow Fall’s multiplayer, we’ve captured and lightly compressed new footage that we’re not offering through a video sharing service. Instead, we ask that you download and locally view the high-resolution, uncompressed footage directly from from us.

Important note: Please use a video player with hardware acceleration when viewing the footage. We recommend Windows Media Player for Windows users and QuickTime Player for Mac users. Do not use a non-accelerated player (such as VLC Media Player) because the framerate and resolution of this movie are simply too high and will likely cause choppy playback.

Click here to download the video.

The video you just saw has been captured from a multiplayer match on “The Park,” which is situated firmly behind enemy lines near the Visari tribute statue.

As you can probably tell from the footage, Killzone Shadow Fall multiplayer outputs at a native 1080p, rendering uncapped but always targeting 60 FPS. We’re very pleased with how well the game runs, and we can’t wait for you to play it come November 15th.

In the meantime, let us know what you think in the comments below!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ Thwip on November 4th, 2013 at 10:21 am said:

I’m sold already! :) But I’ll watch your video if it’ll make you happy.

+ Biggz124 on November 4th, 2013 at 10:24 am said:

You guys should hand an uncompressed copy to BlimBlim & Gamersyde, they would love to take the bandwith hit.

not to mention a bittorrent.

your work is very handsome I look forward to picking it up the day I pick up my PS4.

+ blackgndrf on November 4th, 2013 at 10:26 am said:

Thanks!

There’s gonna be Ultra High Bitrate Single Player Footage too? :D

+ SNEED on November 4th, 2013 at 10:27 am said:

CAN’T WAIT for the 15th

+ NeoRaidenX on November 4th, 2013 at 10:27 am said:

Lovely. I would love to see more PS4 footage released in this way! Youtube has its uses, but the quality is ugly in general. Thanks for this!

+ ruffneckc on November 4th, 2013 at 10:28 am said:

This game is my PS4 bundle! Played KZ2 and can’t wait to delve back into the KZ universe.

BTW, can’t get it the video to download. Server already overwhelmed? Finally, please do video tutorial regarding creating a warzone :)

+ KwietStorm on November 4th, 2013 at 10:29 am said:

Great graphics. Still wish the KZ2 badge system was present, and KZ2 gun recoil, and weekly honor ranks, and a server browser.

+ DCSears on November 4th, 2013 at 10:29 am said:

Have you considered putting videos like this on the PS3 store for easy viewing on the big screen? Regardless, I think this is great and a lot of nerds like me will enjoy hooking their laptops to their tv to see how great next gen is going to look.

I hope even more super high quality videos are coming…

+ ruffneckc on November 4th, 2013 at 10:29 am said:

Get this when trying to download:

Unable to load the webpage because the server sent no data.
Error code: ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

+ Zacky-V-A7X on November 4th, 2013 at 10:30 am said:

My body is so ready!!!!

+ The_Rick_14 on November 4th, 2013 at 10:31 am said:

I love how proactive you guys are to make sure all the hard work your team has put in gets the recognition it deserves!

+ DrApollo on November 4th, 2013 at 10:31 am said:

Really, Really want to watch but I am getting an error “This webpage is not available” :(

+ graham_cracka15 on November 4th, 2013 at 10:32 am said:

Anyone else getting errors when they click the link? Any help, guys?

+ puamdefoke on November 4th, 2013 at 10:34 am said:

Why the hell did you not put it to torrent,..
Sony you sometimes drink stupid

Cannot wait for PS4 and KZ:SF,..

+ FearMonkey on November 4th, 2013 at 10:35 am said:

Really want to play this, but I’ve had issues playing KZ2 and KZ3 on PS3 as I’m susceptible to motion/simulation sickness if the Field of View is too narrow. And apparently it was too narrow on PS3. Before I commit to this title I’m going to have to try it out first and see if I get headaches or nausea from playing for more than an hour at a time. Do you know what the game’s FOV is set at and is it adjustable? This is the main reason I only play FPSs on PC, because I can adjust the FOV.

Thanks! :)

+ Biggz124 on November 4th, 2013 at 10:35 am said:

Here is a straight (minus the periods, you’ll have to add those back, as I not waiting for mods to approve my link) link to the MP footage, as the website is dying:

killzone(dot)dl(dot)playstation(dot)net/killzone/kzsf_multiplayer/KZSF_HIGHTBITRATE_H264(dot)zip

If you notice another comment like this, it’s because the mods had to approve that one.

+ ThakidIg on November 4th, 2013 at 10:37 am said:

So smooth. 60fps difference definitely can be seen here.

+ graham_cracka15 on November 4th, 2013 at 10:38 am said:

Thanks a ton @Biggz124!

+ HIhi2442 on November 4th, 2013 at 10:42 am said:

Site is down. Thanks @Biggz124 for giving us the direct download though!

+ FearMonkey on November 4th, 2013 at 10:43 am said:

Yeah, after watching the video I can tell the FOV is way too narrow for me. Gonna have to pass on this. Sorry guys. :(

If possible, will you have a demo? I’d still like to try it out at least. Maybe it won’t be that bad on my TV. Thanks again. :)

Michiel van der Leeuw's Avatar

+ Michiel van der Leeuw on November 4th, 2013 at 11:36 am said:

Hey @FearMonkey, sorry, just wrote a post instead of hitting the reply button.

We’ll have a free multiplayer demo available for all PlayStation Plus members on the 28th and 29th of December, check it out @FearMonkey, I hope it’ll convince you :)

+ fostywosty on November 4th, 2013 at 10:44 am said:

Thank you @Biggz124!!

+ Shedagilos on November 4th, 2013 at 10:44 am said:

Wow!!This is reason enough for me to rethink about picking up a PS4!!! Images are crazy good. I’m still very disappointed about your choice not to include DLNA, and Media server support.

Michiel van der Leeuw's Avatar

+ Michiel van der Leeuw on November 4th, 2013 at 10:46 am said:

Hi everyone. The site isn’t down, but it’s struggling with so many requests from all of you at the same time..

Please be patient, it’s worth the wait!

+ Biggz124 on November 4th, 2013 at 10:50 am said:

@24 Michiel van der Leeuw

You’re welcome, Micheal.

+ GABEv01 on November 4th, 2013 at 10:50 am said:

I already have the game disc un my hands! Dualshock4 feels soooooo good! °*Hyped^

Michiel van der Leeuw's Avatar

+ Michiel van der Leeuw on November 4th, 2013 at 10:51 am said:

Michiel van der Leeuw's Avatar

+ Michiel van der Leeuw on November 4th, 2013 at 10:52 am said:

@GABEv01 Thanks for the support! Just wait until you can *actually* play the game with that controller!

+ puamdefoke on November 4th, 2013 at 10:52 am said:

Thanx Biggz124 !

+ Painkiller360 on November 4th, 2013 at 10:53 am said:

Can you guys please put this on the PS3 under What’s New?

+ Dragjae55 on November 4th, 2013 at 10:57 am said:

Here’s the download link guys!

killzone.dl.playstation.net/killzone/kzsf_multiplayer/KZSF_HIGHTBITRATE_H264.zip

+ puamdefoke on November 4th, 2013 at 10:59 am said:

yep,.. it is smooth as butter,.. and looks gorgeous

+ KINGOCELOT on November 4th, 2013 at 11:06 am said:

This is perfect. I’ve been wanting to see what 60fps is all about.

+ katsuo7171 on November 4th, 2013 at 11:09 am said:

Getting error message saying webpage is not available… I want to see this!

Michiel van der Leeuw's Avatar

+ Michiel van der Leeuw on November 4th, 2013 at 11:36 am said:

Please be patient, it’s worth the wait!

+ ChrisJacen on November 4th, 2013 at 11:10 am said:

Can’t get it to work for me :(

+ ChrisJacen on November 4th, 2013 at 11:12 am said:

@Dragjae55 TY

+ Pikachupalo on November 4th, 2013 at 11:13 am said:

thanks @Biggz124 for the Help! ;)

+ tusunami on November 4th, 2013 at 11:18 am said:

Ah the blistering speeds of bullets zipping past your teammates & killing the helghast good times indeed!!!!

+ Zezzler on November 4th, 2013 at 11:21 am said:

Will the video properly demonstrate the framerate and resolution on Media Player Classic? I uninstalled Windows Media Player pretty much right after getting my computer, so it would be a bit of a hassle to reinstall it. But if I have to, I will.

Michiel van der Leeuw's Avatar

+ Michiel van der Leeuw on November 4th, 2013 at 11:30 am said:

Hey @Zezzler, it *might* work in Media Player Classic, but it depends on your configuration. I tried in VLC and it was occupying about two of my eight cores (meaning it was choking). With Windows Media Player it ran at about 1% CPU utilisation, so it was definitely accelerated and very smooth.

If the video is smooth and the CPU utilisation is low, then it’s accelerated. It depends a bit on hardware which player works for you.

Good luck!

+ graham_cracka15 on November 4th, 2013 at 11:24 am said:

I can’t open this with WMP or quicktime or anything for that matter :(

+ honkayjeezus on November 4th, 2013 at 11:27 am said:

Thank you!

+ iAvernus on November 4th, 2013 at 11:28 am said:

@ Dragjae55 – thanks for the download link. The site is slow, maybe being crushed by traffic, idk.

+ jose213jose on November 4th, 2013 at 11:45 am said:

Was not big fan of the Killzone series at all but i might just give it shot then. I’ll pre-order copy of the game then alone with BF4 plus PSCam. :)

+ IrishDude2 on November 4th, 2013 at 11:54 am said:

Cant wait for this game!!! Why do us EU get our PS4 2 weeks after you guys? :( I want it same time so can play this sooner!!

+ SinfulWarrior on November 4th, 2013 at 11:57 am said:

I can’t see the frickin video!

+ NYPUNK88 on November 4th, 2013 at 11:58 am said:

Sony needs to do this for all their games… nice high-res vids running at their normal fps because youtube is f’ing garbage. I hope this vid is 60fps!

+ Reeceio21 on November 4th, 2013 at 12:00 pm said:

I can’t download the video, it just loads constantly :( but i can imagine its a brilliant video :D

+ Epic_Muppet on November 4th, 2013 at 12:11 pm said:

Already sold on the game, hopefully I’ll be able to download the video later.

+ austinite04 on November 4th, 2013 at 12:12 pm said:

Just got my PS4 paid off :-) now the waiting game begins… I will get KZ:sf.. and a few other launch titles, so Please add me if you want, I do need 1,999 friends…

+ akiratech on November 4th, 2013 at 12:14 pm said:

nice, just played on my retina macbook pro 13″ and it looks better than great. I believe my body is ready now. :-)

+ aat08 on November 4th, 2013 at 12:15 pm said:

Hey guys, very excited about this game. But please do let me know, will it support Mouse/Keyboard ??

PAGE 1 2 3