PS4-Infamous

Killzone Shadow Fall: Ultra High Bitrate Multiplayer Footage

Michiel van der Leeuw's Avatar + Posted by Michiel van der Leeuw on Nov 04, 2013 // Technical Director, Guerrilla

Killzone Shadow Fall has been built from the ground up for PS4, and the response to the gameplay footage so far has been overwhelmingly positive. Unfortunately, there are limitations to streamed video on the internet, and many of the clips and trailers we’ve released thus far aren’t being viewed in the best possible fidelity and framerate.

Killzone Shadow Fall on PS4

In order to properly demonstrate the framerate and resolution we achieve in Shadow Fall’s multiplayer, we’ve captured and lightly compressed new footage that we’re not offering through a video sharing service. Instead, we ask that you download and locally view the high-resolution, uncompressed footage directly from from us.

Important note: Please use a video player with hardware acceleration when viewing the footage. We recommend Windows Media Player for Windows users and QuickTime Player for Mac users. Do not use a non-accelerated player (such as VLC Media Player) because the framerate and resolution of this movie are simply too high and will likely cause choppy playback.

Click here to download the video.

The video you just saw has been captured from a multiplayer match on “The Park,” which is situated firmly behind enemy lines near the Visari tribute statue.

As you can probably tell from the footage, Killzone Shadow Fall multiplayer outputs at a native 1080p, rendering uncapped but always targeting 60 FPS. We’re very pleased with how well the game runs, and we can’t wait for you to play it come November 15th.

In the meantime, let us know what you think in the comments below!

PAGE 1 2 3

+ diablo103 on November 4th, 2013 at 2:24 pm said:

I already bought my copy. All i need to do is pick up my reserved PS4 on Nov 15 so i can play it!

+ M4skillshot on November 4th, 2013 at 2:29 pm said:

This would be awesome if it would download. “Webpage is not available.”

+ JROD0823 on November 4th, 2013 at 2:46 pm said:

The most distressing thing for me is holding this beautiful game case in my hands and knowing that until sometime on the 15th of November, it’s just a pretty paperweight. :(

Good thing I have two jobs and Nursing school to help keep my mind off of this fact. :)

+ D-Roca on November 4th, 2013 at 3:06 pm said:

Is there any soundtrack during gameplay? the online match seems pretty quite!

+ YungShep on November 4th, 2013 at 3:09 pm said:

buttery buttery buttery :) just the way i like it.

fortunately, i was able to put it on my tablet, but it runs slow…

wait a minute…let me finish..

so while it was running slow, it allowed me to watch the glory that is killzone in full detail..i was analyzing things i probably wouldn’t of had the chance to do (dodging bullets and all, you know :) )

needless to say, killzone shadow fall is 1st.

i will have a host of ps4 games, miss some of y’all on my ps3 :) but ill be in the next gen universe next week

+ Kegsy on November 4th, 2013 at 3:10 pm said:

Already pre-ordered. KILLZONE is for Playstation as Halo is for Xbox. Except Killzone is way better.

+ gekko1986 on November 4th, 2013 at 3:25 pm said:

Is there, or could you add, the ability to create Warzones that play like KZ2 (more weight and recoil)? There is zero recoil here. The gun is jumping but the reticule is not moving. Loved KZ2, so it’s too bad that style can’t continue.

+ XenoNative on November 4th, 2013 at 3:27 pm said:

I remember KZ2 had full clan support with an intergrated league, I wonder if they brought it back.?.

+ andremal on November 4th, 2013 at 3:45 pm said:

Already have this Pre-ordered Digitally but I’m excited to see the Video. Can’t want to get my hands on the PS4 and give it a run personally!

+ SpooNManX on November 4th, 2013 at 3:54 pm said:

Was your site programmed by the US Government?
Just kidding. ;)

+ randomhero411 on November 4th, 2013 at 3:56 pm said:

played this with bots on Friday amazing game. I will be playing KZ2 until I get this if you wanna add me

+ Cybexx on November 4th, 2013 at 3:57 pm said:

The video looks great, its the 60fps that sells it.

+ gradeschoolninja on November 4th, 2013 at 4:00 pm said:

Can you PLEASE do this for other PS4 games? I hate watching next-gen footage on Youtube.

+ tevinwade on November 4th, 2013 at 4:29 pm said:

I’m convinced. Preordered!

+ ixnine on November 4th, 2013 at 4:53 pm said:

I have a Sony Vaio laptop with a 15.5″ 1080p display. Can’t wait until it’s completed downloading!

+ saab01 on November 4th, 2013 at 4:56 pm said:

Looking good I am still thinking that this will be the best Sony Exclusive of the year.

+ Awesome_O5000 on November 4th, 2013 at 5:10 pm said:

MY EYES!!!

+ Queenzlegendz91 on November 4th, 2013 at 5:14 pm said:

This looks fantastic! Can’t wait for next week!

+ Beanz84 on November 4th, 2013 at 5:14 pm said:

I hope I can meet new friend’s to play this with since I will be doing most gaming on the PS4 and don’t have to many friends…Hope to see you all at launch! 10 more day!

+ GuerrilaBeats on November 4th, 2013 at 5:22 pm said:

No why! It looks this good! Can’t wait

+ Croannick48 on November 4th, 2013 at 6:32 pm said:

It’s so smooth…it almost makes me sick to my stomach. I CAN’T WAIT! So glad I preordered.

+ MarkakaJin on November 4th, 2013 at 6:42 pm said:

We need more games with 60fps. It’s an ideal way to play video games now and it makes the experience a lot more better. It may not be something for others but they’re just not used to it, I guess. This video just shows it all. Plus, it looks so amazing but I still need to play the game myself, for the full experience.

+ my360broke_again on November 4th, 2013 at 7:03 pm said:

“As you can probably tell from the footage, Killzone Shadow Fall multiplayer outputs at a native 1080p, rendering uncapped but always targeting 60 FPS.” I thought Guerilla confirmed earlier that SP would be 60fps and MP would be capped at 30fps.

+ my360broke_again on November 4th, 2013 at 7:04 pm said:

Do people who still play COD even realize how much better BF and Kilzzone are

+ Apeman24 on November 4th, 2013 at 7:11 pm said:

Looks great, thanks for showing us more. Can not wait to play this day one.

+ honkayjeezus on November 4th, 2013 at 7:37 pm said:

Any particular reason they put out a blog post and let it sit for two days saying the campaign was running at 60fps?

The PS Blog has been tightlipped recently, and never admitting mistakes. Just kind of funny, as there thousands of gaming threads out there right now saying it is running at 60fps for no reason other than it was scammish.

Game looks good, expand POV.

+ Amucat on November 4th, 2013 at 7:50 pm said:

My god, it’s beautiful. I already wanted to get this game, but now I am completely sold. Killzone has come a long way. I was a fan since the first one. Oddly enough, my favorite one has been Killzone: Liberation on PSP, with 3 being a close second. Hopefully Shadowfall takes all the cakes.

+ WARRIOR4CHRIST on November 4th, 2013 at 7:50 pm said:

I’M ONLY BUYING THE PLAYSTATION 4 AT LAUNCH BECAUSE OF KILLZONE SHADOW FALL!! NO OTHER REASON. WATCHING THIS VIDEO, I NOW KNOW WHY, BRAVO GUERRILLA GAMES!!! SO BEAUTIFUL! I FELL IN LOVE WITH KILLZONE WAY BACK IN 2004, AND WE ARE SO FIRED UP FOR THIS GAME! KILLZONE4LIFE!!

+ Apeman24 on November 4th, 2013 at 7:52 pm said:

Looks so good at sixty frames per second. I think this may be the best Killzone yet. The story looks great, the multiplayer looks great, good job guys.

+ artistinacab on November 4th, 2013 at 8:01 pm said:

SO MUCH YES!!!!!!!!!!!! I picked up my copy already =D

+ tree_face on November 4th, 2013 at 8:10 pm said:

Im still trying to get over the smoothness and motion of the game! Is this what high levels of FPS can produce? If so YouTube has seriously downgraded this for public viewing!

+ neuropunk on November 4th, 2013 at 9:44 pm said:

why the f do people buy fps crap? people have extremely low standards.

+ luvmyR6 on November 4th, 2013 at 10:03 pm said:

Tell me neuropunk, which games do you believe everyone should buy?

People buy what they have fun with, who are you to tell someone what they should/should not like?

Why are you so mad that these games are so successful?

+ IXxHIJACKERxXI on November 4th, 2013 at 11:00 pm said:

Fallout 3 For the psn plz :)

+ Catcher_BR on November 5th, 2013 at 4:38 am said:

This sure is my first PS4 game, its simply the best Gfx i’ve seen !

Congratulations, i am really interested by the Single player thou.

+ mangokoolaid on November 5th, 2013 at 6:20 am said:

I downloaded the video. I am stunned at how fantastic it looks. I will buy it.

+ OmegaSpear on November 5th, 2013 at 8:46 am said:

We need more of these.

+ rwest78 on November 5th, 2013 at 9:11 am said:

Um…. Where is Canada in the list of countries?

+ Xis66 on November 5th, 2013 at 9:33 am said:

Four letters can describe this, O.M.F.G.!

+ XenoNative on November 5th, 2013 at 9:55 am said:

As I leave this comment the site is now working for anyone who wants to see the vid.

+ CommandingTiger on November 5th, 2013 at 10:15 am said:

Why do games take a huge amount of HDD space?
That’s the main advantage of owning a console is that it won’t take up too much space on your HDD, it’s all on the Disc.
Now, if you force people to install 50Gb games when they have the Blu-Ray Disc, then it’s useless to even buy the physical copy of the disc, you might as well just download it directly and with a maximum of 500Gb, it goes away fast.

Please make it so that it won’t be the huge HDD installation each time you own a disc copy of the game.

+ Ameterasu on November 5th, 2013 at 4:18 pm said:

Hey greata Vid! I played this on both window media player and vlc at the same time with no stutter or choppiness. Just go to preferences in VLC media player and select video, and turn on acceleration. Very sweet vid.

After coming back from the xbox one tour and seeing battlefield 4 in action (an it being one of the better lookers, yet still disappointing when compared to pc) i’m glad to see that killzone hasn’t dropped the ball and is outstripping the competition (visually at any rate, still have to play the game to compliment on gameplay, but GG hasn’t let me down yet).

+ SPOOKULA209 on November 5th, 2013 at 4:36 pm said:

This game alone makes me want to break down and buy a PS4 at launch

+ deadmo5-346 on November 6th, 2013 at 6:23 pm said:

I can’t wait for this game the graphics look so cool. You guys did a great job at making this game can’t wait for it to come out.

+ PROTOTYPE10 on November 7th, 2013 at 12:22 am said:

mfw I already bought and own this game, just need to the PS4 to play it… The 15th can’t come any sooner!

+ portpower on November 7th, 2013 at 4:06 pm said:

This looks outstanding and that’s coming from someone that games on PC also. The 15th can’t come fast enough!

+ I3LACKPLAGUE on November 30th, 2013 at 10:39 pm said:

Ok so 24 player team deathmatch is a hit and now has more player then anything else witch is great because that what i like to play but how about you add the 4 maps that are missing so we can vote to play those also

PAGE 1 2 3