Bloodborne

PS Plus: Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen Free for Members

Kristine Steimer's Avatar + Posted by Kristine Steimer on Nov 04, 2013 // Sr. Community Specialist

We’re kicking off this month’s PlayStation Plus freebies with Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen. This vast role playing game includes the original title with a few key changes like fast-travel. If you’re unfamiliar with the franchise, it allows you to fight massive creatures (and some of them you can even climb on), hire specialized friends (also known as pawns) to help you in combat, all while exploring an expansive world with a new region, Bitterblack Island, thanks to the Dark Arisen expansion. This is a great title to get lost in while you await your PlayStation 4.

You can take advantage of all these PS Plus benefits after tomorrow’s PlayStation Store update.

PlayStation Plus Update 11-5-2013

PlayStation Plus: Instant Game Collection

Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen (PS3)

Free for PS Plus members, Regular Price: $39.99

Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen
An epitaph speaks of another’s demise…A mysterious island known as Bitterblack Isle appears off the coast of Gransys. Its depths have claimed the lives of many Arisen their voices still haunt the labyrinth that lies deep beneath its surface–a labyrinth ripe with secrets waiting to be discovered. The time to take up arms has come once again. Delve into the isle’s depths and uncover its dark secret!

PlayStation Plus: Discounts

Game Title PS Plus Price Sale Price Regular Price
SOULCALIBUR: Broken Destiny $13.49 $14.99 $24.99
Mortal Kombat PS Vita $10.79 $11.99 $19.99
Dead Or Alive 5 Plus $21.59 $23.99 $39.99
Real Boxing $6.29 $6.99 $9.99
Guacamelee! (Cross-Buy) $8.39 $10.49 $14.99

PlayStation Plus: Last Chance

We’ll be back next week to add another title to the Instant Game Collection as well as any other benefits, like super sweet discounts.

If you’ve got feedback on today’s Plus update make sure vote in the poll and leave a comment below. To discuss all things PlayStation, including this update, you can also head over to the PlayStation Community Forums where you’ll find topics you can contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself.

PAGE 1 2 3

+ gameperson23 on November 4th, 2013 at 8:03 am said:

Yeah! Guacamelee! I’m glad this is on sale; I’ve been wanting it for quite some time.

+ WanyaRolf on November 4th, 2013 at 8:04 am said:

hoped for more discounts. but dark arisen is here, finally!

+ fresno75 on November 4th, 2013 at 8:04 am said:

nice

+ Ryumoau on November 4th, 2013 at 8:04 am said:

Thank you Sony for finally acknowledging rpgs in the IGC, starting with Kingdoms of Amalor last month. Already have Dark Arisen, but a great game for anyone who hasn’t tried it. :)

The discounts this week look like just fighting games though, so nothing for me.

+ Berliniano on November 4th, 2013 at 8:05 am said:

Dragon’s Dogma have saved this update.

+ alexus80s on November 4th, 2013 at 8:05 am said:

AGHHH I own all games this month… I hate that :(

+ akisuo on November 4th, 2013 at 8:06 am said:

Such a good month to be a PS Plus member. =) Looking forward to trying out Dragon’s Dogma Dark Arisen.

+ Aexuz on November 4th, 2013 at 8:06 am said:

Dragon’s Dogma looks awesome. Can’t wait to play it.

+ FeddeCampo on November 4th, 2013 at 8:07 am said:

Kingdoms of Amalur was a great game added to our collection.
Same now with Dragon’s Dogma and the amazing discounts

Getting really excited also for next week.

So near now!

Thank you for the good news Kris!

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on November 4th, 2013 at 10:48 am said:

It’s so close I can taste it! (Not really, that would be weird).

+ Blood-Pudding on November 4th, 2013 at 8:08 am said:

Fighting game deals aren’t that impressive–they’ve had better deals on these games fairly recently and there isn’t a wide selection. Anyway, we’ll be discussing some of the games they had on sale recently for the Halloween sale on the Go For Rainbow podcast later this week so check that out at least.

+ chowdude0183 on November 4th, 2013 at 8:10 am said:

can’t wait to try still tring to beat kindom now this and bought all 3 dead spaces last week lots of games to play and WWE 2k14 as well

+ Crazysoulman on November 4th, 2013 at 8:13 am said:

Sweet can’t wait for this update great to be a ps PLUS MEMBER!
Also any word on price drops on any tbing

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on November 4th, 2013 at 10:49 am said:

If there are any price drops they’ll be in the Store post tomorrow. :)

+ Killthee on November 4th, 2013 at 8:16 am said:

Any update to the free weekly Epix movie for PS+ member you guys announced back in April and then never mentioned again?

” Additionally, EPIX will be offering a new movie every week that PlayStation Plus members can stream for free, even if they aren’t a subscriber. Not bad, eh?”

+ carlpain on November 4th, 2013 at 8:19 am said:

Cool. Dragon’s Dogma.

+ Gorvi on November 4th, 2013 at 8:20 am said:

I cleared some HDD space for Dragon’s Dogma this past weekend, I’m ready! :)

+ StingrayX on November 4th, 2013 at 8:24 am said:

Awesome!

+ samv33 on November 4th, 2013 at 8:25 am said:

Fast travel in Dark Arisen means I will give it another go. I liked a lot about the game, but not that every path had to be walked repeatedly — some of them were like 10, 15 minutes! Looking forward to the better version.

Since others are bringing up Amalur, I enjoyed it, but encountered a game-stopping bug many hours in, and my previous save was about two hours previous to that mark.

It is inexcusable games are released to the public when they have game-breaking bugs like this — especially since now that the studio is defunct, we won’t get a patch. I know there is no such thing as a bug free game, but a game stopping one is pretty egregious.

What if a DVD stopped playing mid-way through? There would be a recall. I would be refunded.

Not with games. S.O.L.

+ DarkDuckJustice on November 4th, 2013 at 8:28 am said:

This is a really good month for updates, so I’m not complaining by any means. That being said, I was disappointed that there wasn’t a PS Vita IGC refresh like the PS3 had for E3. I’m planing to pick up a Vita over the holiday season, so I hope this isn’t a sign that the system is being swept under the rug. Thanks for the great updates! I’m a big fan of Plus. And keep up the incredible sales!

+ ein_nineteenth on November 4th, 2013 at 8:28 am said:

It’s about time something decent was added to the US PSN+. It’s a great game for those who haven’t played it yet.
Only downside is that you can’t have multiple characters and you will want multiple characters in a game like this.

For those who haven’t played it yet, enjoy it. Spoiler: Don’t hire pawns from your level 100+ friends.

+ kasamatzu on November 4th, 2013 at 8:29 am said:

Awesome! Dragon’s Dogma…I need a HDD upgrade ASAP!!

+ FeistFan on November 4th, 2013 at 8:34 am said:

@16 On Amular, I got stuck at one point inside a dungeon, stuck in the ground where I couldn’t move and couldn’t fast travel. I found that in addition to your manual saves, there’s an autosave that happens when you move from one area to another. Your autosave is almost certainly newer than your two-hour-old save – try loading your autosave and you just might not be as stuck as you thought.

Good luck!

+ Ryumoau on November 4th, 2013 at 8:37 am said:

@18 why not? i always hired the highest leveled pawns i saw available from my friends that payed the game more than i did. I don’t remember encountering any downsides to having high level pawns assisting you.

+ viceforce on November 4th, 2013 at 8:37 am said:

Question I have the original Dragon’s Dogma on disc. If I decided to put that disc in again will there be an update expansion for Dark Arisan. I’m just wondering because I don’t want to download a full game where I potential have the disc version to save space on my HDD.

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on November 4th, 2013 at 10:51 am said:

I’m not 100% sure, but I don’t think that’s how it works.

+ Stenal2023 on November 4th, 2013 at 8:37 am said:

good month to be a ps+ memeber

+ Rainwater on November 4th, 2013 at 8:38 am said:

Good to see Dragon’s Dogma getting some love. Really enjoyed my time with it. Combat is so much fun in that game.

+ TigerStealth on November 4th, 2013 at 8:39 am said:

Guacamelee for vita! Perfect as I await Ys: Memories of Celceta

+ speedkiller1 on November 4th, 2013 at 8:45 am said:

thanks for good games this week.

Buddiespace.net

+ IIL0YDII on November 4th, 2013 at 8:47 am said:

SOULCALIBUR: Broken Destiny you gave it out on plus month or two ago.

+ venneer on November 4th, 2013 at 8:48 am said:

@21: I’ve been playing it since last month and the most only downside I see would be that it effectively cheapens the game A LOT. This is not Dark Souls difficulty, but it is a moderately challenging game, specially at first.

But there is a numerical downside, I believe: You get less XP. Many places say that pawns don’t suck on your XP, and that is not entirely true. Having extremely high level pawns will make you earn less experience by virtue of simply having more people in, and because it bumps up the overall party level skywards.

Disclaimer: Or so I’ve read.

+ Red_Lantern14 on November 4th, 2013 at 8:49 am said:

Awesome! Can’t wait to play Dragon’s Dogma!

When are you guys going to announce the new legacy ps vita games, I mean the games that are going to replace Uncharted, Gravity Rush and Wipeout?

+ ioshi_US on November 4th, 2013 at 8:54 am said:

Just want to ask, when Uncharted, Gravity Rush, and Wipeout gonna be replaced?

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on November 4th, 2013 at 2:04 pm said:

Nothing to share on this front at this time. Those games will continue to be in the IGC for PS Vita for the time being, but should they be replaced, we’ll let you guys know here on the blog.

+ ninth_prey on November 4th, 2013 at 8:54 am said:

At least dragons dogma makes up for the fighing games on the vita. A few months ago that’s all the vita saw for a while. I either have all these already or didn’t want them. Oh well. Vuta sales are better than no sales. Cant wait to find out the 3 new main stays for this month will be.

+ buffalothc on November 4th, 2013 at 8:57 am said:

How big is this game?

+ BlueBl1zzard on November 4th, 2013 at 8:59 am said:

Sweet! Can’t wait till tomorrow, I’ll definitely be picking this up!

+ Mando44646 on November 4th, 2013 at 9:03 am said:

finally a good PS+ addition! Glad to see that RPG love guys, keep it coming :)

(now only if we could get some good RPGs on Vita apart from P4G)

+ DoutorPierre on November 4th, 2013 at 9:05 am said:

Oh man so close from injustice you make a tempting offer to have mortal kombat in my vita but i already dont have space on my memory for that, where i suppose to get space for mk, injustice, soul sacrifice? Sony you make me crazy

+ ein_nineteenth on November 4th, 2013 at 9:10 am said:

@21

Well, level 150+ pawns suck the fun out of the game. A friend of mine complained that my (at the time Range, now Mage) was destroying everything before he got the chance to learn enemy tactics for his own pawn.

Of course, I could have just hired it and gave it the books personally. But he wanted to do it himself, you know the kind of people.

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on November 4th, 2013 at 10:54 am said:

Interesting, thanks for the tip!

+ Mjolnirs on November 4th, 2013 at 9:13 am said:

@10 Go advertise elsewhere.

+ ThumbsOfSteel74 on November 4th, 2013 at 9:20 am said:

Cool. Another giant free game to add to the queue.

Guacamelee! is tempting.

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on November 4th, 2013 at 2:05 pm said:

If you haven’t played Guacamelee, this is a great chance! Seriousl loved this game, highly recommended.

+ dodgedoors on November 4th, 2013 at 9:20 am said:

Yes please tell us what the 3 new evergreen Vita titles are going to be, or at least when they will be coming.

+ WolverineMachida on November 4th, 2013 at 9:22 am said:

was barely going to buy dragons dogma too.

+ AtFatesFingers on November 4th, 2013 at 9:26 am said:

Cool.I’ve been wanting to play Dragons Dogma for a long time, so this maybe the time to finally do so.I will be buying a Plus subscription ASAP.

+ zeothedeathgod on November 4th, 2013 at 9:33 am said:

are we getting wipeout, gravity rush, and uncharted switched out this month? i thought it was promised a few months back that in November we’d see them get switched out for new games.
curious so i dont buy a bunch of vita games and see them go free.
anyways great month of PS+ :D, cant wait for dragon’s dogma!!!

+ samv33 on November 4th, 2013 at 9:33 am said:

@ 20, thanks for the tip, but unfortunately it auto-saved right before the bug. Right as I was thinking “at least my auto save is when I first entered the cave” — I saw it auto save.

+ MANDO31694 on November 4th, 2013 at 9:37 am said:

Alright this is cool. I’m trying to finish up my playthrough on Yakuza Dead Souls and I think I’ll be finishing it in the next few hours. Then I’ll be finishing up Wrestlemania mode in WWE 2K14 before the update tomorrow. Then I’ll download Dragons Dogma and play that until my PS4 arrives in less than two weeks.

+ iamStilbon on November 4th, 2013 at 9:38 am said:

Sweet! Another Dungeon Crawler I have never played. Truth is I have no idea what Dragon’s Dogma Dark Arisen is about, but is sounds awesome non the less…

+ snakeeyes211 on November 4th, 2013 at 9:40 am said:

It’s going to be a month of great updates :-)

+ reynolds-wrap1 on November 4th, 2013 at 9:48 am said:

Vita had best not come last again. That needs to stop. Honestly. Get DD though. The boss battles are epic.

+ Cinderkin on November 4th, 2013 at 9:50 am said:

Knowing Sony the 3 PS Vita titles that will replace Uncharted, Gravity Rush, and Wipeout will be from this sale or a soon to be sale.

Who would spend $14 on Soul Calibur for the PSP? Awful sale price for that.

As far as the sale goes I already own most of the Vita games since I got them for dirt cheap in a previous sale. Why are they more expensive in this sale?

I will prob get Kickbeat and maybe boxing.

+ reynolds-wrap1 on November 4th, 2013 at 9:53 am said:

and give us the yearly Vita games. I hope they are some awesome AAA titles like Uncharted and Gravity Rush were! I have faith in you guys!

PAGE 1 2 3