Uncharted 4

Nov 04

Nov 04

PS Plus: Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen Free for Members

Kristine Steimer's Avatar Posted by Sr. Community Specialist

We’re kicking off this month’s PlayStation Plus freebies with Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen. This vast role playing game includes the original title with a few key changes like fast-travel. If you’re unfamiliar with the franchise, it allows you to fight massive creatures (and some of them you can even climb on), hire specialized friends (also known as pawns) to help you in combat, all while exploring an expansive world with a new region, Bitterblack Island, thanks to the Dark Arisen expansion. This is a great title to get lost in while you await your PlayStation 4.

You can take advantage of all these PS Plus benefits after tomorrow’s PlayStation Store update.

PlayStation Plus Update 11-5-2013

PlayStation Plus: Instant Game Collection

Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen (PS3)

Free for PS Plus members, Regular Price: $39.99

Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen
An epitaph speaks of another’s demise…A mysterious island known as Bitterblack Isle appears off the coast of Gransys. Its depths have claimed the lives of many Arisen their voices still haunt the labyrinth that lies deep beneath its surface–a labyrinth ripe with secrets waiting to be discovered. The time to take up arms has come once again. Delve into the isle’s depths and uncover its dark secret!

PlayStation Plus: Discounts

Game Title PS Plus Price Sale Price Regular Price
SOULCALIBUR: Broken Destiny $13.49 $14.99 $24.99
Mortal Kombat PS Vita $10.79 $11.99 $19.99
Dead Or Alive 5 Plus $21.59 $23.99 $39.99
Real Boxing $6.29 $6.99 $9.99
Guacamelee! (Cross-Buy) $8.39 $10.49 $14.99

PlayStation Plus: Last Chance

We’ll be back next week to add another title to the Instant Game Collection as well as any other benefits, like super sweet discounts.

If you’ve got feedback on today’s Plus update make sure vote in the poll and leave a comment below. To discuss all things PlayStation, including this update, you can also head over to the PlayStation Community Forums where you’ll find topics you can contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

gameperson23 said:

November 4th, 8:03 am

Yeah! Guacamelee! I’m glad this is on sale; I’ve been wanting it for quite some time.

WanyaRolf said:

November 4th, 8:04 am

hoped for more discounts. but dark arisen is here, finally!

fresno75 said:

November 4th, 8:04 am

nice

Ryumoau said:

November 4th, 8:04 am

Thank you Sony for finally acknowledging rpgs in the IGC, starting with Kingdoms of Amalor last month. Already have Dark Arisen, but a great game for anyone who hasn’t tried it. :)

The discounts this week look like just fighting games though, so nothing for me.

Berliniano said:

November 4th, 8:05 am

Dragon’s Dogma have saved this update.

alexus80s said:

November 4th, 8:05 am

AGHHH I own all games this month… I hate that :(

akisuo said:

November 4th, 8:06 am

Such a good month to be a PS Plus member. =) Looking forward to trying out Dragon’s Dogma Dark Arisen.

Aexuz said:

November 4th, 8:06 am

Dragon’s Dogma looks awesome. Can’t wait to play it.

FeddeCampo said:

November 4th, 8:07 am

Kingdoms of Amalur was a great game added to our collection.
Same now with Dragon’s Dogma and the amazing discounts

Getting really excited also for next week.

So near now!

Thank you for the good news Kris!

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

Kristine Steimer said:

November 4th, 10:48 am

It’s so close I can taste it! (Not really, that would be weird).

Blood-Pudding said:

November 4th, 8:08 am

Fighting game deals aren’t that impressive–they’ve had better deals on these games fairly recently and there isn’t a wide selection. Anyway, we’ll be discussing some of the games they had on sale recently for the Halloween sale on the Go For Rainbow podcast later this week so check that out at least.

chowdude0183 said:

November 4th, 8:10 am

can’t wait to try still tring to beat kindom now this and bought all 3 dead spaces last week lots of games to play and WWE 2k14 as well

Crazysoulman said:

November 4th, 8:13 am

Sweet can’t wait for this update great to be a ps PLUS MEMBER!
Also any word on price drops on any tbing

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

Kristine Steimer said:

November 4th, 10:49 am

If there are any price drops they’ll be in the Store post tomorrow. :)

Killthee said:

November 4th, 8:16 am

Any update to the free weekly Epix movie for PS+ member you guys announced back in April and then never mentioned again?

” Additionally, EPIX will be offering a new movie every week that PlayStation Plus members can stream for free, even if they aren’t a subscriber. Not bad, eh?”

carlpain said:

November 4th, 8:19 am

Cool. Dragon’s Dogma.

Gorvi said:

November 4th, 8:20 am

I cleared some HDD space for Dragon’s Dogma this past weekend, I’m ready! :)

StingrayX said:

November 4th, 8:24 am

Awesome!

samv33 said:

November 4th, 8:25 am

Fast travel in Dark Arisen means I will give it another go. I liked a lot about the game, but not that every path had to be walked repeatedly — some of them were like 10, 15 minutes! Looking forward to the better version.

Since others are bringing up Amalur, I enjoyed it, but encountered a game-stopping bug many hours in, and my previous save was about two hours previous to that mark.

It is inexcusable games are released to the public when they have game-breaking bugs like this — especially since now that the studio is defunct, we won’t get a patch. I know there is no such thing as a bug free game, but a game stopping one is pretty egregious.

What if a DVD stopped playing mid-way through? There would be a recall. I would be refunded.

Not with games. S.O.L.

DarkDuckJustice said:

November 4th, 8:28 am

This is a really good month for updates, so I’m not complaining by any means. That being said, I was disappointed that there wasn’t a PS Vita IGC refresh like the PS3 had for E3. I’m planing to pick up a Vita over the holiday season, so I hope this isn’t a sign that the system is being swept under the rug. Thanks for the great updates! I’m a big fan of Plus. And keep up the incredible sales!

ein_nineteenth said:

November 4th, 8:28 am

It’s about time something decent was added to the US PSN+. It’s a great game for those who haven’t played it yet.
Only downside is that you can’t have multiple characters and you will want multiple characters in a game like this.

For those who haven’t played it yet, enjoy it. Spoiler: Don’t hire pawns from your level 100+ friends.

kasamatzu said:

November 4th, 8:29 am

Awesome! Dragon’s Dogma…I need a HDD upgrade ASAP!!

FeistFan said:

November 4th, 8:34 am

@16 On Amular, I got stuck at one point inside a dungeon, stuck in the ground where I couldn’t move and couldn’t fast travel. I found that in addition to your manual saves, there’s an autosave that happens when you move from one area to another. Your autosave is almost certainly newer than your two-hour-old save – try loading your autosave and you just might not be as stuck as you thought.

Good luck!

Ryumoau said:

November 4th, 8:37 am

@18 why not? i always hired the highest leveled pawns i saw available from my friends that payed the game more than i did. I don’t remember encountering any downsides to having high level pawns assisting you.

viceforce said:

November 4th, 8:37 am

Question I have the original Dragon’s Dogma on disc. If I decided to put that disc in again will there be an update expansion for Dark Arisan. I’m just wondering because I don’t want to download a full game where I potential have the disc version to save space on my HDD.

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

Kristine Steimer said:

November 4th, 10:51 am

I’m not 100% sure, but I don’t think that’s how it works.

Stenal2023 said:

November 4th, 8:37 am

good month to be a ps+ memeber

Rainwater said:

November 4th, 8:38 am

Good to see Dragon’s Dogma getting some love. Really enjoyed my time with it. Combat is so much fun in that game.

TigerStealth said:

November 4th, 8:39 am

Guacamelee for vita! Perfect as I await Ys: Memories of Celceta

speedkiller1 said:

November 4th, 8:45 am

thanks for good games this week.

Buddiespace.net

IIL0YDII said:

November 4th, 8:47 am

SOULCALIBUR: Broken Destiny you gave it out on plus month or two ago.

venneer said:

November 4th, 8:48 am

@21: I’ve been playing it since last month and the most only downside I see would be that it effectively cheapens the game A LOT. This is not Dark Souls difficulty, but it is a moderately challenging game, specially at first.

But there is a numerical downside, I believe: You get less XP. Many places say that pawns don’t suck on your XP, and that is not entirely true. Having extremely high level pawns will make you earn less experience by virtue of simply having more people in, and because it bumps up the overall party level skywards.

Disclaimer: Or so I’ve read.

Red_Lantern14 said:

November 4th, 8:49 am

Awesome! Can’t wait to play Dragon’s Dogma!

When are you guys going to announce the new legacy ps vita games, I mean the games that are going to replace Uncharted, Gravity Rush and Wipeout?

ioshi_US said:

November 4th, 8:54 am

Just want to ask, when Uncharted, Gravity Rush, and Wipeout gonna be replaced?

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

November 4th, 2:04 pm

Nothing to share on this front at this time. Those games will continue to be in the IGC for PS Vita for the time being, but should they be replaced, we’ll let you guys know here on the blog.

ninth_prey said:

November 4th, 8:54 am

At least dragons dogma makes up for the fighing games on the vita. A few months ago that’s all the vita saw for a while. I either have all these already or didn’t want them. Oh well. Vuta sales are better than no sales. Cant wait to find out the 3 new main stays for this month will be.

buffalothc said:

November 4th, 8:57 am

How big is this game?

BlueBl1zzard said:

November 4th, 8:59 am

Sweet! Can’t wait till tomorrow, I’ll definitely be picking this up!

Mando44646 said:

November 4th, 9:03 am

finally a good PS+ addition! Glad to see that RPG love guys, keep it coming :)

(now only if we could get some good RPGs on Vita apart from P4G)

DoutorPierre said:

November 4th, 9:05 am

Oh man so close from injustice you make a tempting offer to have mortal kombat in my vita but i already dont have space on my memory for that, where i suppose to get space for mk, injustice, soul sacrifice? Sony you make me crazy

ein_nineteenth said:

November 4th, 9:10 am

@21

Well, level 150+ pawns suck the fun out of the game. A friend of mine complained that my (at the time Range, now Mage) was destroying everything before he got the chance to learn enemy tactics for his own pawn.

Of course, I could have just hired it and gave it the books personally. But he wanted to do it himself, you know the kind of people.

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

Kristine Steimer said:

November 4th, 10:54 am

Interesting, thanks for the tip!

Mjolnirs said:

November 4th, 9:13 am

@10 Go advertise elsewhere.

ThumbsOfSteel74 said:

November 4th, 9:20 am

Cool. Another giant free game to add to the queue.

Guacamelee! is tempting.

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

November 4th, 2:05 pm

If you haven’t played Guacamelee, this is a great chance! Seriousl loved this game, highly recommended.

dodgedoors said:

November 4th, 9:20 am

Yes please tell us what the 3 new evergreen Vita titles are going to be, or at least when they will be coming.

WolverineMachida said:

November 4th, 9:22 am

was barely going to buy dragons dogma too.

AtFatesFingers said:

November 4th, 9:26 am

Cool.I’ve been wanting to play Dragons Dogma for a long time, so this maybe the time to finally do so.I will be buying a Plus subscription ASAP.

zeothedeathgod said:

November 4th, 9:33 am

are we getting wipeout, gravity rush, and uncharted switched out this month? i thought it was promised a few months back that in November we’d see them get switched out for new games.
curious so i dont buy a bunch of vita games and see them go free.
anyways great month of PS+ :D, cant wait for dragon’s dogma!!!

samv33 said:

November 4th, 9:33 am

@ 20, thanks for the tip, but unfortunately it auto-saved right before the bug. Right as I was thinking “at least my auto save is when I first entered the cave” — I saw it auto save.

MANDO31694 said:

November 4th, 9:37 am

Alright this is cool. I’m trying to finish up my playthrough on Yakuza Dead Souls and I think I’ll be finishing it in the next few hours. Then I’ll be finishing up Wrestlemania mode in WWE 2K14 before the update tomorrow. Then I’ll download Dragons Dogma and play that until my PS4 arrives in less than two weeks.

iamStilbon said:

November 4th, 9:38 am

Sweet! Another Dungeon Crawler I have never played. Truth is I have no idea what Dragon’s Dogma Dark Arisen is about, but is sounds awesome non the less…

snakeeyes211 said:

November 4th, 9:40 am

It’s going to be a month of great updates :-)

reynolds-wrap1 said:

November 4th, 9:48 am

Vita had best not come last again. That needs to stop. Honestly. Get DD though. The boss battles are epic.

Cinderkin said:

November 4th, 9:50 am

Knowing Sony the 3 PS Vita titles that will replace Uncharted, Gravity Rush, and Wipeout will be from this sale or a soon to be sale.

Who would spend $14 on Soul Calibur for the PSP? Awful sale price for that.

As far as the sale goes I already own most of the Vita games since I got them for dirt cheap in a previous sale. Why are they more expensive in this sale?

I will prob get Kickbeat and maybe boxing.

reynolds-wrap1 said:

November 4th, 9:53 am

and give us the yearly Vita games. I hope they are some awesome AAA titles like Uncharted and Gravity Rush were! I have faith in you guys!

PAGE 1 2 3