Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Nov 04

Nov 04

PS Plus: Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen Free for Members

Kristine Steimer's Avatar Posted by Sr. Community Specialist

We’re kicking off this month’s PlayStation Plus freebies with Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen. This vast role playing game includes the original title with a few key changes like fast-travel. If you’re unfamiliar with the franchise, it allows you to fight massive creatures (and some of them you can even climb on), hire specialized friends (also known as pawns) to help you in combat, all while exploring an expansive world with a new region, Bitterblack Island, thanks to the Dark Arisen expansion. This is a great title to get lost in while you await your PlayStation 4.

You can take advantage of all these PS Plus benefits after tomorrow’s PlayStation Store update.

PlayStation Plus Update 11-5-2013

PlayStation Plus: Instant Game Collection

Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen (PS3)

Free for PS Plus members, Regular Price: $39.99

Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen
An epitaph speaks of another’s demise…A mysterious island known as Bitterblack Isle appears off the coast of Gransys. Its depths have claimed the lives of many Arisen their voices still haunt the labyrinth that lies deep beneath its surface–a labyrinth ripe with secrets waiting to be discovered. The time to take up arms has come once again. Delve into the isle’s depths and uncover its dark secret!

PlayStation Plus: Discounts

Game Title PS Plus Price Sale Price Regular Price
SOULCALIBUR: Broken Destiny $13.49 $14.99 $24.99
Mortal Kombat PS Vita $10.79 $11.99 $19.99
Dead Or Alive 5 Plus $21.59 $23.99 $39.99
Real Boxing $6.29 $6.99 $9.99
Guacamelee! (Cross-Buy) $8.39 $10.49 $14.99

PlayStation Plus: Last Chance

We’ll be back next week to add another title to the Instant Game Collection as well as any other benefits, like super sweet discounts.

If you’ve got feedback on today’s Plus update make sure vote in the poll and leave a comment below. To discuss all things PlayStation, including this update, you can also head over to the PlayStation Community Forums where you’ll find topics you can contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself.

Add Your Own

x_PlaTtiNuM said:

November 4th, 9:54 am

how many gb is this download?

dodgedoors said:

November 4th, 9:58 am

I agree, I think It would be amazing if the new 3 were Killzone, Persona, and Tearaway. (I know it won’t happen, but I think at least 1 of those would be prime)

auron2 said:

November 4th, 10:13 am

Put Jak and Daxter Trilogy as a new Vita IGC legacy, come on guys, you know that you aren’t selling anymore of those. Resistance and Guacameele would be nice too.

secularsage said:

November 4th, 10:16 am

Guacamelee is worth every penny. If you don’t own it already, you should.

MK Vita is a good port (even if it’s a little ugly) of the Komplete Kollection. It plays very well, and the extra challenge tower stuff is fun if you’re a fan.

DOA5+ may be the best-looking game on the Vita aside from Dragon’s Crown… I think it plays better on the Vita than the PS3, really.

SoulCalibur: Broken Destiny is a great PSP game that looks excellent on the Vita. It’s been $39.99 for awhile now, and unless you got it free from PS+ already, it’s a must-buy. The roster is massive, the character creation mode is really fun, and unlike SoulCalibur 5 on the PS3, it’s not a step down for the series in any way. In fact, it’s just as good as its SC1-4 console brethren. (Let’s just try to pretend 5 never happened, seriously.)

DarkStar83x said:

November 4th, 10:26 am

Getting CastleStorm and Dragon’s Dogma.

zeothedeathgod said:

November 4th, 10:40 am

@51 i can see persona. i think itll also be littlebigplanet vita, and one other though.

jvasq said:

November 4th, 10:41 am

it sucks that I can’t play ps3 games on my ps4 once it comes out. :\ i hope an emulator is made so I can play them on my ps4. SO many games Ill miss out on

zeothedeathgod said:

November 4th, 10:42 am

@56 thats kind of what gaikai is isnt it?

dodgedoors said:

November 4th, 10:44 am

@55 Yeah, it is just wishful thinking

GT-420 said:

November 4th, 10:46 am

Looking forward to trying out Dragon’s Dogma this week and Binary Domain later this month! Thanks Sony!

EvoAnubis said:

November 4th, 10:47 am

Between this and Kingdoms of Amalur, it looks like I’m going to have plenty to keep me busy for the rest of this year…not to mention the great PS4 games coming down the pipeline!

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

Paul Sullivan said:

November 4th, 11:19 am

Loved my KoA playthrough. I slept on that title, but saw it come to IGC and jumped on it. Glad that I did.

zeothedeathgod said:

November 4th, 10:49 am

@55 yeah i understand
im sure they want some more money from killzone/tearaway first though:P
i see persona, littlebigplanet, and maybe like resistance. try and get different genres in there.

jvasq said:

November 4th, 10:51 am

@57 gaikia?

DragonusFirus said:

November 4th, 11:04 am

this update sucks. every time we have such an awful update that everyone jumps in, compares EU & US PSPlus services and start calling each other all sorts of names.

and THEN Sony has to come in and spoil the party. they give DD (a game I own but still an awesome game so happy for others, BTW). So, now you look at the comments, and all you find is lame: “Cool”, “awesome”, “can’t wait” and stuff like that. This time every weak we have about 200 comments complaining and what not – today: 40 odd with nothing to talk about. Not good!!!

I did my share of complaints but my concerns were never to do with the “free” games or the content. I appreciate what I get and I know I wont like everything I get- it is a service for everyone, not just ME, however much I admire my ego that’s one thing I know for a fact.

come on guys find something to complaint about. or i am going to stop checking the comments section! it is a threat and it is a serious threat. lol

ps: great update and great month. is there more greatness to await or is this the first & last? :)

Javioni said:

November 4th, 11:07 am

Sweet!

BlueBl1zzard said:

November 4th, 11:09 am

@DragonusFirus hahahaha that was pretty good

GStylez1980 said:

November 4th, 11:14 am

Looking forward to playing Dragon’s Dogma, as well as possibly buying Guacamelee.

As to the 3 evergreen PS Vita replacement, my guess is that they’ll all be retail games, since the three games they’re replacing are also all retail games, not PSN games (thus, Guacamelee will not be one of my guesses).

Part of me wonders if Soul Sacrifice is one of them. Assuming that it is not, I will guess that the 3 games will be:

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time
Lumines
Unit 13

I also believe it could be LBP Vita instead of Sly Cooper, since they usually give away one LBP game in the IGC. We’ll see!

shoe478 said:

November 4th, 11:18 am

How much will Reality Fighters be tomorrow?

BlueBl1zzard said:

November 4th, 11:30 am

@shoe478 if you check out the Vita Knockout sale page they list all of the prices. Reality fighters will be 5.99 from 11/12 to 11/18

tusunami said:

November 4th, 11:36 am

Now makirng time to play these games will be a task, or trying to finish up some before starting anew. So many decisions.

DecadanceFantasy said:

November 4th, 11:38 am

Totally excited for Dragon’s Dogma! I’ve been wanting to play it for a while, so it’s perfect.
Binary Domain too.

Not too into the Vita sales. I’ve had enough fighting games with Blazeblue.
More RPG’s on the IGC please! Though not Tales of… cause I already have those two.

shoe478 said:

November 4th, 11:45 am

Ok thanks. RF was listed under the Last Chance section with the other games that would be on sale tomorrow so I figured it would be on sale too.

Kchow23 said:

November 4th, 12:15 pm

Would be awesome if next week we can get a PS Vita game instead of a PS3 game again! Mix it up a little :)

EvoAnubis said:

November 4th, 12:16 pm

I’m so conflicted.

Yay – Dragon’s Dogma is coming already! Finally get to play this excellent game to its completion (put 20 hours into the original)!

Doh – I’m still only 40 hours into Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. Can I really be playing two huge and time-intensive RPGs at one time?

Looks like I’m going to have plenty to keep me busy!

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

Morgan Haro said:

November 4th, 2:07 pm

You guys asked for RPGs; this is what happens! Problems we like to have =)

EvoAnubis said:

November 4th, 12:18 pm

Whoops – meant to post that last comment on another site. My kingdom for an edit button! Anyway….

@ Paul Sullivan – I slept on this one too. Even after it got added to the IGC, I still had it on the backburner even though I’d downloaded it already. Finally started playing it a couple of weeks ago and was blown away – I have no idea how this game wasn’t on my radar.

kid_ugly said:

November 4th, 12:21 pm

woah Steimer’s on ps blog, I demand an appearance on the blogcast!!

ranma627 said:

November 4th, 12:24 pm

Very excited about a Guacamelee sale. Can’t wait to pick it up.

zeothedeathgod said:

November 4th, 12:49 pm

@63
pretty much what you want, it emulates past games from ps3/ps2/ps1 if i understand correctly. itll be on the ps4.

julioxurupita84 said:

November 4th, 1:24 pm

Kristie por que vc não posta sobre a plus no post do brasil ? vc posta na americana , argentina e chilena e por que não no brasil ? lá também tem plus espero que aqui vc responda pelo menos né passar bem

beef_child said:

November 4th, 1:25 pm

Either Killzone or Tearaway, Lumines and LBP or SC,TiT. One big recent in-house is going to be there. I think KZ since it will attract a lot more new Vitarites than Tearaway. And LPB over SC since EU I think already had it (I may be mistaken though).

Rezolution77 said:

November 4th, 1:41 pm

Sales stink this month.

Already bought Guacamelee when it was less.
Good game, but will probably be added to the IGC.
Much like Strangers Wrath.

Don’t mind me,
I am simply bugged that Sony vouchers seem to want to ignore those of us with a Vita only,
that they have said that you HAVE to speak with them on/after the 8th for them, to ASSUREDLY do something about adding it to my account.

Time will tell, but, if that is the way of the future for your services, I think I will count my losses now, and return to buying physical copies to resell.

Rezolution77 said:

November 4th, 1:43 pm

Glad I didn’t buy Soul Sacrafice, like I intended during the sale though.

At least I may get a decent game, or two, for free.

Moofboy said:

November 4th, 1:52 pm

Woohoo! One more thing to take off the wish list on amazon. Thanks guys!

SergioCosmopolis said:

November 4th, 2:21 pm

I loved Dragon’s Dogma. It’s the best RPG I’ve played in years. I’ve wanted to play the new content but didn’t think it warranted buying the game again so this is cool. It will tide me over until the 22nd when I expect all my gaming time for the next few months will be behind the wheel in Forza 5. I can’t wait!!!!

SonicTheNanobot2 said:

November 4th, 2:49 pm

Can we please get information about when gravity rush, wipeout, and uncharted are or are not being rotated?

Ghostwize said:

November 4th, 3:05 pm

Guacamelee is an amazing game! Bought it on release day and got the platinum for it. One of the few games that I’ve enjoyed enough to do that. :D Metroidvania at its best!

I played the original Dragons Dogma in the 360 when it came out(before I got a ps3 :P) and got every achievement for that game and beat it well over 6 times. The end game structuring is awesome and with this extra content I might go do it all again(if I ever stop playing GTAV). DD is literally one of my all time favorite games and the complexity of the game is not in your face but man is it deep. Very much the same way Dark Souls does not show you what is available to you throughout the game unless you figure some complexities out for yourself.

ENJOY!!!!

grbolivar said:

November 4th, 3:06 pm

Is there any chance that PS+ will give discounts on DLCs? I would love to purchase a bunch of DLCs for my games at discounted prices.

Rezolution77 said:

November 4th, 3:17 pm

Guacamelee is a good game, not sure about amazing.

I plan to platinum it, but it’s fairly short, and the game gradually loses replay value.

Great that it is CrossBuy, and a game Everyone can enjoy.

Rezolution77 said:

November 4th, 3:18 pm

Castlestorm looks really good.

Not 14.99 good, but, maybe when its reasonably priced.

XenoNative said:

November 4th, 3:33 pm

I might pick up real boxing…

xClayMeow said:

November 4th, 3:39 pm

Totally not cool if the three Vita mainstays aren’t replaced.

I’m fine with Soul Sacrifice being one of the replacements (despite already having it), as that makes sense, but still expect two more.

Seriously, how can LBP Vita not be one of the replacements with Tearaway coming out and LBP2 no longer being in IGC?!

GoldenShaka said:

November 4th, 3:52 pm

Wow, so early you killed the month for ps3 players? DD is the big sensation in november. You had to let people suffer at least one more week hehe.

TwinDad said:

November 4th, 3:56 pm

Thank you for confirmation of the Vita evergreen titles.

Also thank you a million times for the incredible RPG games. More RPG games would be wonderful too.

rockphantomMG said:

November 4th, 3:58 pm

Will the WWE 2k14 Season pass be available for $10 (50% off), this week? Thanks!

SpooNManX said:

November 4th, 4:16 pm

+ Killthee on November 4th, 2013 at 8:16 am said:

Any update to the free weekly Epix movie for PS+ member you guys announced back in April and then never mentioned again?

” Additionally, EPIX will be offering a new movie every week that PlayStation Plus members can stream for free, even if they aren’t a subscriber. Not bad, eh?”

Yeah, I’d like to know as well. They dropped the ball on that one.

It’s a pretty useless app now that you can’t even access anything on it. Sort of like Redbox, but at least we can delete EPIX, unlike Redbox.

PAFenix said:

November 4th, 4:18 pm

Love to be trying out both Dragon’s Dogma and Soul Sacrifice later this month!

For a Vita suggestion, how about Duodecim Dissidia? A fighting RPG, best of both worlds! ;-)

illwiththeskill said:

November 4th, 4:43 pm

@44… I’m not sure what the bug was that you encountered but I put in well over 100+ hours and I only encountered one bug. I was walking and all of a sudden for some reason I got stuck in the ground and could not move. I hadn’t saved in awhile and was thinking I would lose a bunch of hours and have to reset the game… I was able to just do a manual save and then reloaded the game and all was good. Were you able to access the options menu to where you could manually save?

saab01 said:

November 4th, 4:58 pm

Is Dragons Doma the same kind of gameplay like KOA? I am happy to see oddworld leave next week hopewfully the other game to leave the IGC will be Jet Set Radio.

my360broke_again said:

November 4th, 5:18 pm

Kingdoms of Amalur and Dragon’s Dogma are mediocre at best. If you have never played them them by all means I recomend both , but dont get your hopes up too high. Dragons Dogma has one of the WORST save systems ever in a game! EVER!

KeyHolderJonth said:

November 4th, 5:20 pm

Great week!
I’ve already beaten Dragon’s Dogma, I even got the platinum trophy. I strongly recommend this game to everyone who likes RPGs, dungeon crawlers or action games (fun fact: part of Devil May Cry’s staff worked on this game, you might find familiar moves from DMC games)

An important note on the Dark Arisen expansion:
Owners of the original Dragon’s Dogma will receive 100.000 Rift Points, unlimited Ferrystones (which are used to teleport to different areas) and a brand new armor pack. A nice incentive for Dragon’s Dogma veterans

On another note, for those asking about using the disk version and just downloading the expansion instead of the whole pack, unfortunately it doesn’t work like that
Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen is actually an standalone game, not a DLC expansion. It’s more like an “enhanced version” of the game, and it shares the same trophy list as the previous version so don’t worry, you won’t have to start from zero to get the trophies

So… Yes, you’ll have to download the whole pack, better start making some free space