Minecraft PS4

CastleStorm Out Today on PS3 and PS Vita

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar + Posted by Bobby Loertscher on Nov 05, 2013 // Community Manager, Zen Studios

If you like building castles, destroying castles, knights, vikings, war, weapons, spells, troops, multiplayer, PS3, PS Vita, cross buy, well… CastleStorm is your game! CastleStorm launches today for both PS3 and PS Vita.

For those of you getting ready to play later today, we thought it would be nice to give you some tips on using the ballista, the primary weapon mounted just above your castle’s gate. Starting out, you’ll utilize the low-powered, quick-spawning javelin, while the vikings fire harpoons. As the game progresses, you’ll unlock more projectiles for your arsenal and upgrade these with gold you earn during missions.

Castlestorm on PS3 and PS Vita

The javelins and harpoons have the shortest regeneration period and will be your best asset in early levels. Getting five kills at once activates a shooting frenzy, which means you can shoot all projectiles in rapid succession for a few seconds. No regeneration period means you can do a lot of damage in a short amount of time, so don’t hesitate to fire away.

While javelins are meant for targeting specific enemies on the ground, the Knights’ Apple Grenade can either be used to take out a cluster of oncoming enemies, or better yet, demolish castle walls. Once launched, you can either wait for the Apple Grenade to hit its target, or you can detonate it at any time by while it’s still in the air.

Castlestorm on PS3 and PS VitaCastlestorm on PS3 and PS Vita

The Vikings, while rugged and dangerous, also care about the environment. They take their garbage and turn it into weapons! The Vikings like to repurpose sharp scraps of Trash Metal to wipe out waves of ground troops before they can reach the gate. It’s not a very accurate weapon, but a great choice if you have scattered troops marching across the battlefield toward your castle, or any pesky flying troops that you need to get rid of.

If you’re still not sure about CastleStorm, check out the free demo on PlayStation Store, and just try not to get hooked! See you on the battlefield!

PAGE 1 2

+ SynGamer on November 5th, 2013 at 7:05 am said:

The game is amazing! I have no doubts that PlayStation fans will eat this up. I’ve sunk countless hours into the game so far and still plenty left to do! :D

P.S. Thank you for your continued support for both the PS3 and the PS Vita. Zen Studios has quickly become one of my favorite developers :)

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

+ Bobby Loertscher on November 5th, 2013 at 7:10 am said:

Thank you! We’re so happy to be able to bring this to PSN :D

+ IIL0YDII on November 5th, 2013 at 7:15 am said:

Price

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

+ Bobby Loertscher on November 5th, 2013 at 7:22 am said:

$9.99 w/Cross Buy entitlement :)

+ jacky-junior on November 5th, 2013 at 7:23 am said:

@IIL0YDII the post from Oct 17 said “$9.99 with cross-buy support”. Looking forward to this one.

+ KazeEternal on November 5th, 2013 at 7:24 am said:

10 dollars with Crossbuy!!! Sold.

+ Darnell0216 on November 5th, 2013 at 7:29 am said:

My wallet just smiled at you :D

+ Seluhir on November 5th, 2013 at 7:29 am said:

Just how am I supposed to find time to play everything if people keep releasing more and more stuff :(

I mean between all the games I already have, the ever-looming threat of the PS4 to my free time, the games this week, and all the writing I have on my plate for my website….

/first world problems?

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

+ Bobby Loertscher on November 5th, 2013 at 7:42 am said:

I hear ya! Just too much awesome stuff to play! :D

+ IIL0YDII on November 5th, 2013 at 7:40 am said:

@ Bobby Loertscher@ jacky-junior
Thank you both.

+ AguilarX on November 5th, 2013 at 7:43 am said:

I thought this would never come to PlayStation. Consider it bought.

+ Gorvi on November 5th, 2013 at 7:47 am said:

Damn, this is tempting. Is the demo going to be on both the PS3 and Vita, or only one?

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

+ Bobby Loertscher on November 5th, 2013 at 8:10 am said:

Should be on both! :D

+ Stranger_Eddie on November 5th, 2013 at 7:51 am said:

Hello Bobby =D

Potential to create a Zen Pinball machine theme based in this CastleStorm game ;)

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

+ Bobby Loertscher on November 5th, 2013 at 8:11 am said:

We’ve had that request a lot – I think it would work out pretty well! We launched sheep out of the ballista, why not pinballs? :)

+ TimMalouff on November 5th, 2013 at 8:05 am said:

Are there still plans to eventually port to the PS4?

Also wondering if there will be a Vita Demo?

Thanks Zen Studios

+ SynGamer on November 5th, 2013 at 8:11 am said:

What about the two currently released DLC’s for the other platforms? Will those be coming to the game at a later date?

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

+ Bobby Loertscher on November 5th, 2013 at 8:16 am said:

Yes! They’ll be ready later on :)

+ Mando44646 on November 5th, 2013 at 8:12 am said:

finally! Can’t wait to buy it. any PS+ discount at launch?

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

+ Bobby Loertscher on November 5th, 2013 at 8:20 am said:

Not this time, but it is Cross Buy entitled :D

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

+ Bobby Loertscher on November 5th, 2013 at 8:16 am said:

There will be a demo! As for PS4 – no details yet, but we’ve been known to take care of our fans :)

+ Ryumoau on November 5th, 2013 at 8:20 am said:

Dang, really wish this didn’t come out the same day as Ghosts. I’ll definetly get this eventually, but need to the rest of my money finishing paying off the ps4.

+ PainOfSarrow on November 5th, 2013 at 8:27 am said:

im def buying this tonight. it looks to gangster to pass up. psn games are the best tasting appetizers right next to my main meal of retail mainstream games. looks like enough content to warrant the 10$ price.

+ Sum-Mischief on November 5th, 2013 at 8:39 am said:

I like cross buy deals …! I will give this game a look see ..

+ hazelcabug on November 5th, 2013 at 9:10 am said:

One thing I don’t like in cross buy deals, it’s overprice. Too bad for those who only own a vita.

+ Ecks on November 5th, 2013 at 9:14 am said:

Looks like I’ll be getting this later tonight. I’ve bought all of the stuff Zen Studios has put out so far, no reason to stop now!

KickBeat is really hard by the way!

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

+ Bobby Loertscher on November 5th, 2013 at 10:52 am said:

It’s tough! I am certainly no pro at KickBeat haha! :P

+ Puscifer73 on November 5th, 2013 at 9:19 am said:

This looks great and I apparently missed this on Steam (not the type of game I play on PC anyways though).

With all the cheating going on in GTA V lately, it’s time to move on. Definitely grabbing this to play on my Vita tonight!

+ ElektroDragon on November 5th, 2013 at 9:20 am said:

I would love to see this game on Plus. I sort of liked it, but I didn’t buy it on the 360. Can’t imagine buying it now without a significant sale or Plus.

+ Puscifer73 on November 5th, 2013 at 9:27 am said:

@hazelcabug Seriously, you think $10 is overpriced for crossbuy? It’s $10 on Steam too.

+ CommandingTiger on November 5th, 2013 at 9:30 am said:

Cross-buy?
Day-1 purchase.

+ tusunami on November 5th, 2013 at 9:48 am said:

It’s great to see more of a variety coming to the PS Vita, at some point I will get this.

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

+ Bobby Loertscher on November 5th, 2013 at 10:53 am said:

Thanks! There will be a demo as well, feel free to grab it and see what you think! :)

+ XenoNative on November 5th, 2013 at 9:56 am said:

Hmm, looks interesting.

+ PainOfSarrow on November 5th, 2013 at 10:02 am said:

ElektroDragon are you for reallll ? i bought 15$ psn games that diddnt even last as close as long as this will. 10$ is ah deal for a game that you can built ur own castle with a level editor and you get the vita version in one. plus zen games always seem to be quality to me.

+ Brooklyn008 on November 5th, 2013 at 10:04 am said:

What if I like everything that was listed there, except, Multiplayer… Is there a Singleplayer mode in this thing? Thx!

Bobby Loertscher's Avatar

+ Bobby Loertscher on November 5th, 2013 at 10:53 am said:

Oh yes – LOTS of single player campaign to get through. We’ll also have more single player campaigns later on as DLC :)

+ STIGEVEN on November 5th, 2013 at 10:20 am said:

It’s not in the PS Store on my PS3…

+ PainOfSarrow on November 5th, 2013 at 10:21 am said:

STIGEVEN , you have to wait ah bit later for the store to update.

+ RE_Player on November 5th, 2013 at 10:26 am said:

I’m waiting to get my $10 PSN credit and than I’ll buy this ASAP.

+ elchorno on November 5th, 2013 at 10:27 am said:

I can’t wait to finally play this on my Vita.
The only thing that would make this game even more awesome would be cross saves between the PS3 and Vita.
Thanks again for such an awesome game, Zen!

+ SynGamer on November 5th, 2013 at 10:32 am said:

@Brooklyn008 – Yes, it has a singleplayer campaign (with A LOT of missions). I would suggest reading a few reviews if you’re unsure. Having played the game, I can safely say that you don’t need to touch the multiplayer and you will still have countless hours of fun.

+ Rezolution77 on November 5th, 2013 at 10:52 am said:

Definitely tempting.

May be purchasing it, within the week.

+ ThiagoArroadie on November 5th, 2013 at 11:02 am said:

“Cross buy today and get the PS4 version within the launch of the console” would be a nice update for this post :)

Consider bought, anyway…

+ CrusaderForever on November 5th, 2013 at 11:04 am said:

This game looks like a steal at $10! D1P!

+ BigBacon87 on November 5th, 2013 at 11:25 am said:

Platinum trophy?

+ childofibiza on November 5th, 2013 at 11:31 am said:

looks cool. hope theres a demo available..

+ johnnyp70 on November 5th, 2013 at 11:36 am said:

Castlestorm is now available on the web store.

+ johnnyp70 on November 5th, 2013 at 11:37 am said:

There is a demo, at least for PS3.

+ Rezolution77 on November 5th, 2013 at 11:41 am said:

Don’t know if I can wait for a sale on this one, Crossbuy is making it so hard to resist.

+ Rezolution77 on November 5th, 2013 at 12:00 pm said:

Had to buy.
Just seems like too much of a Great Family game, that my kids would also enjoy.

*Really wish that they stopped adding unlocks to demo versions on the download page though.*

+ chavez1138 on November 5th, 2013 at 12:18 pm said:

the only reason I’m gonna give it a try is because Bobby Loertscher looks cute…

+ Dark_Usurper on November 5th, 2013 at 12:46 pm said:

A buy! Bwahahahaha!

+ Vaedur on November 5th, 2013 at 12:47 pm said:

Quick Note, PSN is updated for US customers. This is now available for purchse on my vita, yippie!

+ ODlN-5 on November 5th, 2013 at 1:59 pm said:

I used to play Crossbows and Catapults as a kid. This reminds me of that. It has a flavor of Tiny Tower, Angry Birds, and tower Defense all blended nicely into a great game concept. Day one purchase when I get off work!

+ Blut_Lycan on November 5th, 2013 at 2:17 pm said:

does it come with trophies? just asking

+ Ecks on November 5th, 2013 at 3:26 pm said:

Now that I’ve had the opportunity to play the demo, I’m a bit disappointed with this game. The game itself seems interesting, but the control scheme is terrible. Aiming the catapult is awkward, and having to change between things with the face buttons, then select what you want to use with L1/R1, then hitting a button to select it is just terrible. I can’t play the game this way, sorry.

+ saab01 on November 5th, 2013 at 5:10 pm said:

A very fun game

+ Elvick_ on November 5th, 2013 at 6:36 pm said:

Thanks for the day 1 demo! And on both platforms! :D

+ rossmyh24 on November 6th, 2013 at 5:41 pm said:

Zen Srudio, Thanks for this awersome game. It became my favorite Vita game. :)

PAGE 1 2