PS4 - Transistor

Watch the Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus Livestream

James Stevenson's Avatar + Posted by James Stevenson on Nov 05, 2013 // Community Lead, Insomniac Games

Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus on PS3

Join us on Wednesday, November 6th at 11:00 AM PT for a Ratchet & Clank livestream event on Twitch TV, featuring the epilogue to the Future series, Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus.

Insomniac Games Creative Director Brian Allgeier will be showing off Into the Nexus and showcasing arena mode for the first time. Tune in, ask questions, and participate for a chance to win a full digital version of Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus, available November 12th for PS3!

Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus on PS3Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus on PS3

Pre-ordering will win you Ratchet’s Volcanox Armor. Inspired by Gadgetron’s popular Infernox Armor, this lightweight, durable suit is for the fashion-conscious adventurer. Besides granting a 5% damage reduction, it also all but guarantees “Best-Dressed” awards at high school reunions.

+ remanutd5 on November 5th, 2013 at 5:03 pm said:

Psvita version?

James Stevenson's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on November 6th, 2013 at 11:15 am said:

We’d love for a Vita version to be released. But we wouldn’t develop it in-house, and it’d have to live up to the quality standard of the series.

+ sekaniy on November 5th, 2013 at 5:12 pm said:

I’m ready!! Playing through R&C anniversary, and My blaster runs hot!!!

+ J-Skee on November 5th, 2013 at 5:23 pm said:

Can’t believe I still didn’t finish A Crack in Time. Guess I better get to it.

+ FearMonkey on November 5th, 2013 at 5:30 pm said:

Haven’t I been spoiled enough?!? T_T

James Stevenson's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on November 6th, 2013 at 11:16 am said:

This is most of the content from the Insomniac streams, however you also can see the Arena for the first time

+ camiwaits_us on November 5th, 2013 at 6:03 pm said:

It looks purty!

+ I_Be_Trollin_69 on November 5th, 2013 at 6:06 pm said:

The ESRB rated the PSvita version of this game and that was leaked a few months ago, just waiting on the studio to announce the Vita version in time for the holidays.

+ Elvick_ on November 5th, 2013 at 6:20 pm said:

Wish Sony would port the R&C Collection to the PS Vita. D;

Looking forward to playing this. And hopefully many more on PS4…

+ Teflon02 on November 5th, 2013 at 6:47 pm said:

I’m Next-gen only now, if it ain’t Vita or PS4, I’ll have to miss it sadly, maybe sometime next year I’ll come back to play it :(

James Stevenson's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on November 6th, 2013 at 11:17 am said:

Comes out three days before PS4, so you’ve got time!

+ Teflon02 on November 5th, 2013 at 6:51 pm said:

Since I got Vita, the visions I had of it was, Playing Crash Team Racing on my PS Vita and playing a Ratchet game that runs smooth and looks decent on the Vita, Literally, I bought the PS3 version of FFA just so I can have it on Vita and then the Vita version comes half a year later looking and playing bad, doesn’t help that NA PS Vita’s don’t play Crash smh

+ zillobeast5 on November 5th, 2013 at 6:54 pm said:

Cool hope they keep making these for ps3 I just got mine

+ supvic on November 5th, 2013 at 9:10 pm said:

No thanks. Been playing R&C since day one but I’m giving this a miss until it’s on sale because without 3D it’s no longer a priority. All 3 R&C HD remakes, A4O, FFA and even Resistance 3 all looked AMAZEBALLS in 3D and now you’ve completely dropped it and won’t even mention 3D, it’s just swept under the rug as if you think we won’t notice. No one does 3D better than Insomniac, but now all my faith is gone.

James Stevenson's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on November 6th, 2013 at 11:18 am said:

Sorry you’re disappointed. As always we have to prioritize features, and 3D didn’t make the cut this time.

+ YungShep on November 5th, 2013 at 11:27 pm said:

really, its not in 3D??? i didnt know that. and yes, Resistance 3 was AMAZING IN 3D…

+ andremal on November 6th, 2013 at 6:03 am said:

@2 – My Blaster runs HOT! Nice!

I’m going to pass on this Live Stream. I must save it for first hand experience. I have it Day 1 pre-ordered from Amazon but unfortunately it will have to sit on the shelf until “the right time” as it is just too close to PS4 launch and there is no way I’m going to try to rush it in. R&C must be savored!

+ destroyer-_s79 on November 6th, 2013 at 7:41 am said:

damn i WANT this game i played all ratchet and clank games!!! but not nexus

+ wBENDERw on November 6th, 2013 at 8:12 am said:

day one digital?

if yes || no

will buy =)

James Stevenson's Avatar

+ James Stevenson on November 6th, 2013 at 11:18 am said:

Yes. Day 1 digital. Originally conceived as a digital game, but we like having Blu-ray out there for our fans/collectors and folks who may not be able to download a big game etc.

+ ajwilson55 on November 6th, 2013 at 11:11 am said:

Beyond! Looking forward to some classic R&C gameplay.

+ ajwilson55 on November 6th, 2013 at 11:14 am said:

Any carryover on saves from previous games?

+ dkarlowicz10 on November 6th, 2013 at 11:26 am said:

I have PS3 and PS Vita and I love Ratchet and Clank. I would love to have a great Vita version of into the Nexus. Please bring it to Vita (and maybe even the Ratchet and Clank HD Trilogy). Also, Deadlocked HD on Vita. Imagine so many Ratchet games that could be brought over to Vita.

+ BeerManMike on November 6th, 2013 at 11:30 am said:

Wow, big time fan wanted to participate in chat and ask questions but it says you must link your Facebook, I don’t have one, thanks a lot for nothing. Between this and the Quest for Booty slap in the face ill be skipping this game until it’s free on PS+ or a big discount. Way to alienate a huge fan.

+ hollabox87 on November 6th, 2013 at 11:38 am said:

Is this the original team that made all 4 one and quest for booty? Are you guys planning a PS4 release!?!?!? a nod or twitch will be counted as a yes!!!

+ SIMROCKS on November 6th, 2013 at 11:55 am said:

watching from UK game is looking great, the gravity controls rule
cant wait to see R&C on ps4

+ saskamazon on November 6th, 2013 at 12:12 pm said:

great stream event ! thanx guys – day 1 retail purchase here, as I want to wrap it up for Christmas – my son will be thrilled – looks amazing ! as are all the R & C games. :-)

+ reynolds-wrap1 on November 6th, 2013 at 12:13 pm said:

I am almost tearing up because there isn’t a Vita version. I skipped the PS3 Era so missed out on the future series. The PS2 ones were great. Remake some of the future for Vita? Maybe an HD collection for Vita of the old ones? SOMETHING??

+ wBENDERw on November 6th, 2013 at 1:06 pm said:

please digital day one!!!

+ afigueroa on November 6th, 2013 at 2:54 pm said:

Thank you Sony! I watched your Live Stream and got two PSN codes for its release. I know one is for the actual game, I don’t know what the other one is for. I guess I will find out Tuesday. Thanks again Sony!!!
Beyond!!!

+ goldenknight01 on November 6th, 2013 at 3:00 pm said:

Looks like a Ratchet and Clank game i that I used to play on the PS2. Hopely I’ll pre-order sometime this week, and thank goodness that I finally got a gamestop in my local town so I can get a few more goods!! 1 more thing, alot of people want this on the Vita and your mostly like not going to do it. It’s it possible to play this with the Remote Play feature sometime down the road?

+ Elvick_ on November 6th, 2013 at 5:36 pm said:

@23: Buy a PS3 stat.

+ KnightRid on November 7th, 2013 at 3:34 am said:

I have every Ratchet and Clank made and I plan on getting this one too, at some point.

Only thing i always hated about the series is bolt collection. If you could get a bolt magnet upgrade first in the game it wouldnt be bad but having to wait just stinks.

3D should have taken a back seat as most people just do not care about it.

Don’t say final R&C for PS3! PS4 is a regular computer that is less powerful than my computers, even my laptop. I really hope you support PS3 for a while as I really dont think the so-called “next-gen” consoles are going to do very well.

+ wBENDERw on November 7th, 2013 at 6:34 am said:

in the early games they used to have a female voice talk about the weapon and when it upgrades

i miss that my wife would always pretend to talk like her

haha

i might play this over AC4 on the PS4 haha

i miss these games

+ BoNeSaW23 on November 9th, 2013 at 9:11 pm said:

I wrote off Insomniac after FUSE, Full Frontal Assault and the SO announcement but now I have to support them again because Into the Nexus looks Awesome! Will buy!

+ Chrono-Cactaur on November 11th, 2013 at 9:09 pm said:

When do the codes that were given away in the livestream start working? It’s already 12:08 AM EST!

+ mkillnem on November 19th, 2013 at 1:23 am said:

I will never forget the memories and nostalgia I get whenever I remotely hear of Ratchet and Clank. You guys really had something with the first few installments of RC on the PS2 and had a great formula for gameplay and amazing replay-ability; however, ever since the era of PS3 I feel as if you guys have lost touch with RC and sacrificed quality, for overall quantity which I don’t think was a wise choice from the perspective of the gamer. I think Insomiac needs to further investigate its’ “priorities”.

This would have been a great move for you guys to release on the Vita and offer a cross-play/cross-buy function. Yeah theres no 3d, Fine; but not utilizing the link compatibilities of the PS3, PS4, and especially the ever so underrated PSVITA system, I feel its’ not going to further help the Playstation name. Playstaion has put so much emphasize on compatibility between the consoles (remote-play) and its’ not being utilized to its’ extent. Maybe I’m going on a rant, maybe this is just one game, but the Playstation name is a unit, a whole, and should be seen as a team effort to further the Brand name. Sure this isn’t a AAA graphic title but why not start small and show us the direction Playstation deserves to be.