PS4 - Destiny

A Threefold Surprise for PS4 Owners

Eric Lempel's Avatar + Posted by Eric Lempel on Nov 08, 2013 // VP, Sony Network Entertainment

After months of anticipation, we’re just a week away from the launch of PlayStation 4 in the United States and Canada. Starting at midnight on November 15th, you’ll be able to see for yourself what the future of gaming and entertainment looks like.

The network now expands across a wide array of digital entertainment including incredible multi-player gameplay, availability of full games day and date, streaming movies and TV shows, and a premium cloud-based music service. We are excited to provide those of you in the US and Canada with a special promotional voucher in every PS4 box* that includes:

• $10 Sony Entertainment Network wallet credit for PlayStation Store
  • 30-day free PlayStation Plus membership trial**
  • 30-day free Music Unlimited service trial**

PS4 Bonuses

Out of the box, you can immediately experience everything PlayStation Plus for PS4 has to offer and have access to millions and millions of songs through Music Unlimited. The $10 credit can be used towards anything in the store including new PS4 launch titles, such as Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag, Battlefield 4, Call of Duty Ghosts, and Killzone Shadow Fall.

Look for the voucher when you open your PS4 box and let us know what you’re excited about playing, listening, or watching by using #PS4 on Twitter.

* Available for a limited time only
** Only for new subscribers

PAGE 1 2 3 6

+ Chase167 on November 8th, 2013 at 7:05 am said:

sweet

+ coconutshinobi on November 8th, 2013 at 7:05 am said:

Is the 30-day PS Plus also for new customers too?

Eric Lempel's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on November 8th, 2013 at 12:45 pm said:

Yes, this is intended for new customers – it won’t stack if you’re already a Plus subscriber. So if you are, feel free to share it with a friend.

+ Chase167 on November 8th, 2013 at 7:05 am said:

1 week away

+ RedMenace117 on November 8th, 2013 at 7:07 am said:

aWESOME STUFF THANKS SONY!

+ TheUnbornNobodyX on November 8th, 2013 at 7:09 am said:

I love you Sony, you guys rock! Can’t wait for my PS4!

+ johnnyp70 on November 8th, 2013 at 7:09 am said:

@ #2 The “30-day trial” always have added 30 days to a current plus subscription. Sony has to know the majority of early buyers are probably Plus members already.

+ MKPACK on November 8th, 2013 at 7:10 am said:

ULTRAVIOLET

Please make your Video Unlimited service part of the UltraViolet digital rights sharing network. Restricting movie purchases to use only on Sony products is way too restrictive in this modern age. If Video Unlimited was part of UltraViolet, I’d use that nice $10 credit to buy a movie. Until you are part of UVVA, I’ll never buy movies from Video Unlimted.

Thanks for the freebies. I look forward to seeing them when I open the box next week!

+ faraway25 on November 8th, 2013 at 7:11 am said:

Wow! The system is practically only $370 thanks to discounts!

+ Kobiashy775 on November 8th, 2013 at 7:12 am said:

Wow great stuff Sony will you be doing the same for the Uk/Euro release on the 29/11?

+ Killthee on November 8th, 2013 at 7:12 am said:

Can you stack the 30 day PS+ trial on top of an active subscription?

+ mixedkidbx on November 8th, 2013 at 7:13 am said:

So many other better things you could have added than the Music Unlimited service. SMH….

+ ItaChu on November 8th, 2013 at 7:15 am said:

Let me guess… with a valid credit card only? :)

+ FilooGaroo on November 8th, 2013 at 7:16 am said:

TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP NEWS…

Thks really appreciated it !!!

+ johnnyp70 on November 8th, 2013 at 7:17 am said:

@ #11 mixedkidbx-I makes perfect sense that they would throw that in considering how hard they are pushing it being the only way to listen to music on the PS4. Plus, it’s better than nothing, no?

+ Yuranium on November 8th, 2013 at 7:17 am said:

@11 Be happy that they at least give you something that they don’t have to.

Anyway, thanks Sony.

+ xeno3d on November 8th, 2013 at 7:17 am said:

Thank you Sony, I will use that $10 towards the trine collection!

+ jkh33 on November 8th, 2013 at 7:17 am said:

I’m Ready

+ MarkakaJin on November 8th, 2013 at 7:18 am said:

Pretty cool for the new new Playstation players.

+ chsnavi on November 8th, 2013 at 7:18 am said:

GREAT additive. Thanks Sony!

+ David2Crazy on November 8th, 2013 at 7:18 am said:

Thank you for not forgetting Canada.

Love Canada

+ PhillyPhreak on November 8th, 2013 at 7:19 am said:

I’ve been reaping the benefits of PS+ since June so I’m squared away there. I’ll give Music Unlimited a try. The $10…who doesn’t like free money? Thank you, Eric! Thank you, Sony!!

+ passivefamiliar on November 8th, 2013 at 7:19 am said:

This is good news for sure.simple little things like this. Show Sony is trying. And I’m glad.

but, this will NOT sell music unlimited to everyone. They need to support other music options, just make it do everything the ps3 does. (Accepting the no backwards compatability).

It only does everything.

that slogan. Do that. Make it do that, that sells it. If its just a gaming console….then its up against a wall

+ DeviantBoi on November 8th, 2013 at 7:20 am said:

Free PS+ vouchers have required that you have a credit card on your account.

Will this be the case with this voucher?

+ Remmulak on November 8th, 2013 at 7:22 am said:

Thanks Sony!

+ Vyprstryke on November 8th, 2013 at 7:24 am said:

Thanks guys, that’s pretty cool! I’ve got a $20 psn card I was saving to use for Tiny Brains so maybe I’ll snag some other stuff instead…especially since it got pushed back. Might as well check out Music Unlimited too.

So as far as music playing goes, what about soundtracks purchased from the ps store? Will those be playable on ps4 or do I stick to ps3 for those?

+ Papito208 on November 8th, 2013 at 7:25 am said:

#winning

+ buffpotato on November 8th, 2013 at 7:26 am said:

Awesome! Free upgrade for CoD Ghosts for me!

I am soooooooo excited. Hope Amazon.ca ships it earlyish.

Will the 30-day Plus trial extend an existing membership like the ones from GoW: Saga? Because I’m currently subbed till 2015 but an extra month is always nice!

+ XF1GHTER-SWE on November 8th, 2013 at 7:27 am said:

Thanks Somy (:

+ Binarynova on November 8th, 2013 at 7:27 am said:

Is the Playstation 4 going to be added to the devices you can use with Music Unlimited’s $4.99 Access plan?

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on November 8th, 2013 at 7:28 am said:

@22 that slogan is why im keeping my ps3..it does everything..it even plays future gen games..like AC4 and BF4…lol yeah im not switching anytime soon..unless they release a new GOD OF WAR,UNCHARTED,STARHAWK or better yet SOCOM – like Combined Assault :p till these wishes of mine come true..its PS3 ALLDAYERRDAY!

+ WICKEDGHOST187 on November 8th, 2013 at 7:28 am said:

One thinh are we still gonna get drive club on ps pluse for free. and thanks for the free swag. it wil help me to save money this month

Eric Lempel's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on November 8th, 2013 at 1:05 pm said:

Yes, DRIVECLUB PlayStation Plus Edition will still be part of the Instant Game Collection when it is released

+ Socratic-Method on November 8th, 2013 at 7:29 am said:

I’d rather have CD/MP3 and external HDD support back. Getting rid of those literally talked me out of a PS4.

(Yes, those are important features to some people)

Eric Lempel's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on November 8th, 2013 at 1:05 pm said:

We’ve definitely heard your feedback – options are being explored.

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on November 8th, 2013 at 7:31 am said:

$10 and 30 days of PS+ to stack onto my current subscription? Awesome. Thank you!

Eric Lempel's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on November 8th, 2013 at 1:06 pm said:

Just confirmed they don’t stack if you’re a current subscriber…but you could share it with a friend.

+ Sum-Mischief on November 8th, 2013 at 7:32 am said:

Oh , man just loving it !!

+ MODEYV2 on November 8th, 2013 at 7:35 am said:

What!? Does UK get anything like this?

+ redj944 on November 8th, 2013 at 7:37 am said:

This is really awesome! Love the free Playstation Plus and the 10$.

I like the free music unlimited as well… But I wouldn’t need it if I could put mp3/mp4 on it, memory stick compatibility is really needed. Please fix this. I see what your trying to do with this free subscription, and it’s nice, but in the end we will be stuck with more monthly fees to pay. Playstation Plus and now MusicUnlimited.

This is 2013, how can we NOT put music on this thing? Or transfer our recorded game footage to a PC?

Please please Sony, please fix this. I am very great full with all this free stuff, but I want to put music on it, and not though MusicUnlimited.

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on November 8th, 2013 at 7:38 am said:

SONY YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD BE AN EVEN BETTER SURPRISE..AN UPDATE SO THAT WE CAN PLAY OUR MP3 MUSIC AND CDS!!! YEAH THATS A WHOLE LOT BETTER THAN $10 AND A MONTH OF FREE PS PLUS AND WHATEVER ELSE YOU MAY THINK WILL IMPRESS US! THATS ALL WE REALLY NEED!I HAVE A PLAYLIST THAT I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO USING WHILE I USE MY PS4 WHILE PLAYING KILLZONE AND INFAMOUS…AND NOW THAT DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED!! NOT COOL..NOT COOL AT ALL! I CAN ACCEPT THE NO BACKWARDS COMPATABILITY..FOR I HAVE ALREADY BEATEN ALL THE GAMES SO ITS ALL GOOD..BUT MUSIC ..NAH SON..DONT MESS WITH MY CUSTOM GAMING MUSIC!! YEAH… ITS THAT SERIOUS!!

Eric Lempel's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on November 8th, 2013 at 1:06 pm said:

Feedback noted and shared, thanks

+ WICKEDGHOST187 on November 8th, 2013 at 7:41 am said:

maybe some free systems for all of us

+ reson8er on November 8th, 2013 at 7:42 am said:

$10 Credit is much appreciated, and will be used. Thanks Eric!

+ Peewee78368 on November 8th, 2013 at 7:44 am said:

OMG Awsome i can pick on another game on ps store or maybe i can get another year of ps plus idk immm soo ready :D

+ micturator on November 8th, 2013 at 7:45 am said:

The 30 day music unlimited thing is nice, but you guys better be working on mp3 custom soundtracks and dlna for a firmware that will be released this year. That $10 would be great for buying some soundtracks to listen in the background will playing Shadow Fall. That firmware fix can’t come fast enough.

+ b00kthree on November 8th, 2013 at 7:49 am said:

Still holding out for MP3 / MP4 and CD support, and DLNA streaming support. Promotions like this mean little to me. Thanks for the thought though.

+ liammill18 on November 8th, 2013 at 7:51 am said:

Just awesome, awesome stuff. I can’t believe how on the ball Sony continues to be with PS4.

+ thebledkid22 on November 8th, 2013 at 7:53 am said:

That’s really great Sony. I love PS+ and can’t wait to get that $10 credit towards a game on PS4. But I agree with everyone else that we need to have CD, MP3, MP4 and External HDD support. Please right the ship and patch it up to support this media and devices

+ DamonD666 on November 8th, 2013 at 7:54 am said:

Can we get confirmation on this? If I am already a PS+ subscriber, would the 30-day code still benefit me by adding 30 days to my existing subscription, or am I out of luck since I already have it?

+ CrueBrew on November 8th, 2013 at 7:54 am said:

I like FREE stuff. Just make sure it will stack with my current subscriptions!

+ zingakun on November 8th, 2013 at 7:55 am said:

Will I have to insert a credit card number in order to enjoy these free trials?

+ Swick on November 8th, 2013 at 7:57 am said:

Has there been any official confirmation on whether or not the 30 Day PS+ Trial stacks on top of existing subscriptions.
If so, that would be pretty sweet. Otherwise that slip of paper will just be another piece of trash to toss in the bin after we set-up our PS4s.

+ T1NGO on November 8th, 2013 at 7:57 am said:

AWESOME! GREATNESS AWAITS!

+ Mobius2525 on November 8th, 2013 at 8:00 am said:

Thanks Sony! A quick question does the free PS+ voucher need to required that you have a credit card on your account (I hope not)?

PAGE 1 2 3 6