PS4-Watch_Dogs

A Threefold Surprise for PS4 Owners

Eric Lempel's Avatar + Posted by Eric Lempel on Nov 08, 2013 // VP, Sony Network Entertainment

After months of anticipation, we’re just a week away from the launch of PlayStation 4 in the United States and Canada. Starting at midnight on November 15th, you’ll be able to see for yourself what the future of gaming and entertainment looks like.

The network now expands across a wide array of digital entertainment including incredible multi-player gameplay, availability of full games day and date, streaming movies and TV shows, and a premium cloud-based music service. We are excited to provide those of you in the US and Canada with a special promotional voucher in every PS4 box* that includes:

• $10 Sony Entertainment Network wallet credit for PlayStation Store
  • 30-day free PlayStation Plus membership trial**
  • 30-day free Music Unlimited service trial**

PS4 Bonuses

Out of the box, you can immediately experience everything PlayStation Plus for PS4 has to offer and have access to millions and millions of songs through Music Unlimited. The $10 credit can be used towards anything in the store including new PS4 launch titles, such as Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag, Battlefield 4, Call of Duty Ghosts, and Killzone Shadow Fall.

Look for the voucher when you open your PS4 box and let us know what you’re excited about playing, listening, or watching by using #PS4 on Twitter.

* Available for a limited time only
** Only for new subscribers

PAGE 1 2 3 4 6

+ NYPUNK88 on November 8th, 2013 at 8:00 am said:

Thank you Sony! Love ya. <3

+ Squiggle55 on November 8th, 2013 at 8:02 am said:

Thanks, Sony. I’m guessing the PS+ 30 days stacks, but I’m guessing the Music Unlimited does not. Although I’d love to be corrected. I think you should definitely make Music Unlimited stack.

+ Squiggle55 on November 8th, 2013 at 8:04 am said:

If I don’t open my launch PS4 until Xmas, it’s not like these coupons will expire will they?

+ ChangeDaBullets on November 8th, 2013 at 8:04 am said:

Now have Xbone try to compete with this LOL.. Looks like Xbox is officially done.. So glad I paid off my PS4 and Knack and Killzone and I got the one year PS Plus just have not put that in yet till I get my PS4 next Friday

+ KingXtreme81 on November 8th, 2013 at 8:06 am said:

Fantastic. Very generous.

I’m already a + member, but an extra 30 days for free is great. Music Unlimited, well, I don’t really care about that, but I will try it for the duration of the trial. The $10 voucher is very cool and much appreciated.

1 week from this very second I will be playing PS4. How exciting!!!!

+ djsaiyan on November 8th, 2013 at 8:10 am said:

That $10 credit will go nicely with all the credit I’m getting back from the spend $50 promo. Sweet!

My Plus is good until April 2016, but May sounds good too. Actually more like June and a half since I have another 30 day card from replacing my phat with a Super Slim, and the 7 day card from Killzone: Shadow Fall. lol

As for that Music Unlimited trial, thank you. I did a little digging into the service, and it seems like as far as non-electronic music goes (electronic is my preference), you’ve pretty much got every band I could ever want on there. But still, I’d like to try it out before subscribing.

And now I can. Score!

Thanks, Sony!

+ CrusaderForever on November 8th, 2013 at 8:11 am said:

Amazing, Sony can do no wrong! Well done!

+ JohnnyCash69 on November 8th, 2013 at 8:13 am said:

God I can’t wait anymore…the anticipation is killing me!!!

+ Latino29 on November 8th, 2013 at 8:15 am said:

Will these come with PS4 consoles purchased after launch? Cause im getting mine towards christmas time, assuming they restock stores with PS4s at that time -__-

+ taehyunnie on November 8th, 2013 at 8:15 am said:

Shuhei lied said, no benefits for buying PS4 on launch other than having a PS4 on launch.

Well, guess we DO have a DAY ONE ps4 ;)

+ BUDDY-VA on November 8th, 2013 at 8:17 am said:

Sweet!!!!! So with the 10 dollar card, I’ll get Ghosts for free since I bought it for PS3! Luv it luv it lluuuuuuuuuuuuuuv it!!!!!!!

+ Bad_Brains on November 8th, 2013 at 8:18 am said:

So excited for next Friday!

+ KazeEternal on November 8th, 2013 at 8:20 am said:

I assume those 30 days can be added to my existing PS+ subscription?

Can we expect some sort of early adopters program as well?

+ ORSZJOKE on November 8th, 2013 at 8:24 am said:

This is Awesome news :D However… just cause you give me 30 days of music unlimited doesn’t mean that your gonna some how make people fall in love with your over priced subscription fee for its service.

+ Enforcer_X on November 8th, 2013 at 8:31 am said:

Hopefully the PS+ stacks on existing customers.
Furthermore bonus $10 rocks!

+ Icestar10 on November 8th, 2013 at 8:39 am said:

Thank you, Sony! I really do appreciate the $10 dollar credit and 30 days PlayStation Plus! :)

+ SmokeAdellic on November 8th, 2013 at 8:39 am said:

BRING BACK THE FREEDOM OF PS3 YOU CORPORATE GREEDY JERKS!

+ iREVOLTER on November 8th, 2013 at 8:42 am said:

That 30 Days Free Trial does not stack to your current PS+ subscription and ofc it will require a credit card to be linked to account so you could redeem the code. But that 10$ Voucher bonus is good .

+ JKar275 on November 8th, 2013 at 8:44 am said:

@37: I completely agree with you. While I’m glad to see that we’re getting a $10 PS Store credit & 30-day subscription to PS Plus – I would much rather see Sony restore the PS4′s support for audio CDs, MP3, & DLNA rather than have a free 30-day trial to Music Unlimited.

PLEASE SUPPORT THE BOYCOTT OF MUSIC UNLIMITED UNTIL SONY RESTORES THE PS4′S SUPPORT FOR AUDIO CDs, MP3s, AND DLNA. LET’S SEND SONY A VERY CLEAR & STRONG MESSAGE THAT WE PS4 OWNERS ARE VERY ANGRY & UPSET OVER THE PS4′S LOSS OF SUPPORT FOR THOSE SAME MUSIC/MEDIA FUNCTIONS THAT THE PS3 HAS.

PLEASE DO NOT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE FREE 30-DAY TRIAL TO MUSIC UNLIMITED BECAUSE SONY HAS TAKEN AWAY OUR FREEDOM OF CHOICE IN THE WAY THAT WE CAN LISTEN TO MUSIC ON THE PS4.

THANK YOU, IN ADVANCE!!!

+ LANCERBOIGTI on November 8th, 2013 at 8:45 am said:

YEAH I AM SURE THAT THE FREE PSPLUS MEMBERSHIP WILL ONLY BE FOR THOSE THAT ARE NOT MEMBERS ALREADY.

+ gamerholic on November 8th, 2013 at 8:49 am said:

this…is…. AWESOME! SONY I LOVE YOU!!

+ SmokeAdellic on November 8th, 2013 at 8:50 am said:

BOYCOTT MUSIC UNLIMITED!!!

+ alexfifa98 on November 8th, 2013 at 8:51 am said:

The UK better get something like this in the box considering we have to wait 2 weeks longer!!!

+ andremal on November 8th, 2013 at 8:54 am said:

Great bonus for everyone and a great Starter Kit for gamers new to the PS Lifestyle! Thanks!

+ Indy-Pendent on November 8th, 2013 at 8:56 am said:

It seems that if the PS+ 30 day did not stack on current subscriptions they would have added a footnote specifically saying so, as they did for the music unlimited offer. So, hopefully this means it can be stacked on top of current subscriptions.

+ GUNZ_85 on November 8th, 2013 at 9:00 am said:

I hate Free stuff! Take my money!

+ arrownoir on November 8th, 2013 at 9:01 am said:

Just 7 more days to go

+ Teflon02 on November 8th, 2013 at 9:02 am said:

Can Someone at sony answer this please. How is Videos going to work on PS4, in the UI video’s I see, they don’t have a video Icon that I’m aware of. You can still store MP4, Dvix and WMV videos right? AND also how is the video store content going to work, I’d prefer to download all my episodes of Fairy Tail to my system and not stream em. Please tell me that’s not the only video option

+ Teflon02 on November 8th, 2013 at 9:06 am said:

@69 Lol the boycott is pointless now, Shuhei has already confirmed the next day that was a topic in the meeting after the negative reaction. Just keep the complaints coming and if you used MU then keep using it. It’ll definitely come back now, just make sure to keep the complaints rolling.

+ Darth_NODlike on November 8th, 2013 at 9:06 am said:

That is pretty awesome of you guys! Experience it all, right out of the box. Nice!

+ Amnalehu on November 8th, 2013 at 9:12 am said:

I’m getting 2 Ps4′s and I and I am getting the $10 credit for spending $50 last month=$30! Halfway to another free game! What to buy what to buy?????

+ tawak on November 8th, 2013 at 9:15 am said:

now my ps4 is:
$10 less
$5 less (music unli)
$9.99 less (ps+ 1 month = 9.99 xbox live 1 month)

-$25 less-

+ perrandy on November 8th, 2013 at 9:17 am said:

thank you based sony! but i would like those features on the ps4 that the ps3 had.you know mp3/mp4 playback,cd playback,in-game custom soundtracks.the ability to play off an external hardrive/usb drive.DLNA streaming and much much more….as a sony fan i would like the ps4 to be the best entertainment hub and gaming machine/console that will be over the face of the planet.its up to you SONY to make that happen!

+ Elvick_ on November 8th, 2013 at 9:17 am said:

If I didn’t get to renew my Music Unlimited account for $3 for 3 more months, I’d be annoyed that this doesn’t stack onto existing members/previous subscribers.

+ HAIRYMAN-13 on November 8th, 2013 at 9:18 am said:

well im aussie, so i assume we get SCREWED ONCE MORE BY SONY!!???, even though we get delayed digital day one releases, pay higher prices on everything at the psn store, including the now needed playstation plus and are dont forget how limited we are on alot of features inluding netflix, hulu etc and they still give EVEN MORE TO THE US n CANADA, are you kidding me, if australia aswell as other countries dont get the same, i will absolute disgusted! this is unacceptable!!

+ narvikgutten on November 8th, 2013 at 9:19 am said:

What about Europe??

+ Elvick_ on November 8th, 2013 at 9:19 am said:

@85: The economy where you live is different. Accept that, or move.

+ krack_kills on November 8th, 2013 at 9:29 am said:

NIIIIICEEEE

+ DarkOne_PR on November 8th, 2013 at 9:33 am said:

thanks for the freebies! but get to work on mp3 and dlna sony…. im not subscribing to ur music unlimited

+ Frejim on November 8th, 2013 at 9:36 am said:

One very important question!!!!

Do I need to have a credit card associated to my account to redeem the $10 and/or the 30-day Plus trial ???

Eric, please answer this!

+ jixjax on November 8th, 2013 at 9:37 am said:

Thank you! One week till my PS4 and a three day vacation. Cant wait!!!

+ LINX1030 on November 8th, 2013 at 9:39 am said:

AMAZING THANKS SONY :D

+ Legaljuana on November 8th, 2013 at 9:39 am said:

Thanks grandma Sony.

+ blackperro on November 8th, 2013 at 9:42 am said:

PS Plus vouchers usually stack, so if you have it already I assume it will simply extend what you’ve got! not sure how the music service will work for current subscribers though… please reply Eric or other blog staff!

+ knsense on November 8th, 2013 at 9:48 am said:

So only people from Canada and USA are going to get this?

+ JerrodDRagon on November 8th, 2013 at 9:49 am said:

Love You Sony, only you would give Us Free Cash to spend. I’m going to buy the Killzone Co-op Maps with this money.
I hope the 30 days of PS plus stack on top of my account but if not, I’ll pass them on to a friend

+ tusunami on November 8th, 2013 at 9:53 am said:

Now this is a great deal, this will spur more PS Plus membership. Because there gonna need it or no online gaming.

+ ixnine on November 8th, 2013 at 9:58 am said:

This is awesome! Thank you, Sony! I’ll be looking forward to this next week!

Greatness Awaits!

+ boxmyth on November 8th, 2013 at 10:02 am said:

Free stuff. Awesome.
1 week!

+ redknight4 on November 8th, 2013 at 10:06 am said:

Glad that everyone gets a $10 psn card with a ps4 that’s about the only surprise.

The 2 trial offers in the box i’m probably ineligible for. The ps+ trial due to me being a member and the music unlimited trial because i used the psn one that was available when it first launched and I was disappointed with the service due to the lack of music available..

would have liked to added an extra month to my ps+ for free though

PAGE 1 2 3 4 6