PS4 - Destiny

The Drop: New PlayStation Releases for November 12th, 2013

Ryan Clements's Avatar + Posted by Ryan Clements on Nov 10, 2013 // Social Media Specialist

The Drop

What do you do when a notorious, intergalactic criminal is being transported along the edges of space? Ask Ratchet and Clank to come along for the ride! Experience the epilogue to the Future series with Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus, a new, story-driven adventure starring a classic gaming duo.

With Into the Nexus, the team at Insomniac Games has once again built a planet-jumping tale of adventure and daring. The story follows Ratchet and Clank as they work to stop the terrifyingly powerful Vendra Prog, whose intentions defy the very boundaries of the dimension. Into the Nexus features brand new weapons, new planets to explore, and — of course — the iconic humor that series fans will recognize right from the start. Into the Nexus will be available in stores and on PlayStation Store this coming Tuesday.

But Ratchet and Clank aren’t the only brave souls facing an alien threat this week. XCOM: Enemy Within is also launching for PS3 on the 12th. Fans of XCOM: Enemy Unknown, take note: Enemy Within is a huge, standalone expansion that incorporates everything from the first strategy experience, but with a staggering number of additions.

Enemy Within adds new maps, new missions, a new soldier class, new alien opponents, and even a new currency that can change the flow of battle. Just about everything from Enemy Unknown has been refined and expanded on. Anyone looking for a rich, rewarding strategy campaign should keep XCOM: Enemy Within on their radar.

This week also sees the arrival of three new Wonderbook experiences. For a complete list of the games coming this week, read on — and enjoy the Drop.

But wait! There’s a certain, special event happening this coming Friday, November 15th. You may have heard of it. The PS4 launch is here at last, and we’ll have more details on the full PS4 launch lineup of games on Friday.

Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus on PS3

DuckTales: Remastered
Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition
Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus
Velocity Ultra
Wonderbook: Book of Potions
Wonderbook: Diggs Nightcrawler
Wonderbook: Walking with Dinosaurs
XCOM: Enemy Within

New PlayStation Releases This Week

PS3 — Retail (Already Available Digitally)
The classic, 8-bit adventure returns to the world of gaming with a plethora of refinements and upgrades. Hand-drawn sprites, authentic voice talent, and simple play for platformer fans.
PS4, PS3, PS Vita — Digital, Retail
The super-charged fighting game is back, and comes packing six new playable characters, 60 new missions, and more than 30 new skins. A surefire hit for any fan of the DC universe.
PS3 — Digital, Retail
Return to the Future with another space-faring adventure. Wield (crazy) new weapons and stop a devastating new villain. Comes with a digital version of Ratchet & Clank Future: Quest for Booty.
PS3 — Digital (Already Available on PS Vita)
Sci-fi shoot ‘em up with a teleporting ship! Features an anime-influenced art style, fast-paced combat, and some pretty rockin’ music. Start hunting for a high score.
PS3 — Retail
Travel back to the world of Harry Potter with the second Wonderbook title set in J.K. Rowling’s renowned fantasy. Brew potions, compete for the Golden Cauldron, and meet a brand new character created by Rowling herself.
PS3 — Digital
Restore order to the film noir world of Library City. Help the bookworm super sleuth stop crime, and find out who really bumped Humpty from his wall.
PS3 — Digital, Retail
Uncover prehistoric dinosaur fossils, then use Wonderbook to bring them to life. Walk among towering herbivores and deadly predators, and interact with them from the safety and comfort of your home. No time travel required.
PS3 — Digital, Retail
Revisit the immense challenge and deep combat of XCOM: Enemy Unknown, now with a tremendous array of additions. New maps, missions, weapons, and soldiers make this the definite version for PS3.

The information above is subject to change without notice.

+ NoGodsOnlyMan on November 10th, 2013 at 10:50 am said:

@#27
the wife will never understand the importance of gaming, so you should just get it and enjoy it. If you r waiting for the wife u may never get it!!!! lol

+ onslaughtree on November 10th, 2013 at 11:07 am said:

I’m going to the midnight launch at my local Gamestop on Thursday night. R&C looks awesome as usual….. Killzone baby, BEYOND.
Oh as always, Keep on Gaming.

+ andremal on November 10th, 2013 at 11:15 am said:

Another great update. Beyond! Now that you’ve got almost 2,000 free friends slots shoot me an invite ;)

+ poodude on November 10th, 2013 at 11:41 am said:

Does anyone know if the new Wonderbook titles will be available for pre-order in Canada? Can’t find them on either EB Games’ site or Amazon.

+ Teflon02 on November 10th, 2013 at 11:44 am said:

Just a question, won’t complain about Vita today since this is PS4 week :D
BUT why would you guys not post the PS4 Drop on Tuesday or Wednesday, I thought the point of a drop was to notify people on releases before hand. I also said Tuesday or Wednesday because people like me who are going to midnight lunch won’t likely get a chance to see it otherwise

+ bcturns on November 10th, 2013 at 12:25 pm said:

@27. Just convince her that you can use your PS3 as a furnace. My 80GB Fat puts out enough heat to warm my theater room about another 4 degrees.

+ Elvick_ on November 10th, 2013 at 12:38 pm said:

@54: I don’t see them either, but both come with the Wonderbook. So there’s that flaw…

+ GoogleNexus on November 10th, 2013 at 1:16 pm said:

Please bring ratchet and clank to the PS vita!

+ rabidninjamonky on November 10th, 2013 at 1:31 pm said:

One vita game and it’s a fighting game. Yippee!! This is the holiday season, not August! I’m still waiting on Terraria vita. It was supposed to be released this summer, and I haven’t heard anything about it since. I’m sure it is cancelled like 90% of the vita games. Dead Nation vita, GOW HD collection vita, Bit Trip runner 2 vita, Bioshock vita. These games were mentioned at E3, and I haven’t heard anything since. Not to mention both Mirror of fate hd and RE revelations would have been perfect for the vita, but I guess it was too much trouble. If we aren’t going to get good games for vita anymore, can you at least give us some more apps? I would love HBO GO and VUDU.

+ TheExiled12894 on November 10th, 2013 at 2:17 pm said:

Can’t wait to play Injustice on Vita ^_^

+ Gamerzlimited on November 10th, 2013 at 2:23 pm said:

Can’t wait to get my hands on a Vita so I can buy Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition. That game was amazing on the PS3, so it will awesome to play it on the go with the Vita.

+ ixnine on November 10th, 2013 at 2:52 pm said:

This is not just the Drop with an awesomely new Ratchet & Clank game that I am so looking forward to, I can always count on excellent comedic humor in any R&C game, but this is THE Drop of a new PlayStation Generation! I’ll be at home just after midnight on the 15th enjoying the new beginning. Beyond!

+ DracoLovesRi on November 10th, 2013 at 2:58 pm said:

It’s nice to see Wonderbook stuff coming out.

+ Diesel_Dalynvar on November 10th, 2013 at 3:02 pm said:

I’ve read recent articles on the web that state MINECRAFT has been confirmed as a downloadable game on the PS4 for this Friday, Nov 15th in the USA.

Can someone please confirm this or give us correct, current information??

..Also what about the PS3 launch date for Minecraft??

Thanks.

+ Lord_Rinja on November 10th, 2013 at 3:27 pm said:

@Ryan Clements

I have already seen a Physical Box for Duck Tales on the shelves but it contains just a key chain and a digital PSN voucher. Is Duck Tales Remastered actually getting a Disc Based release according to what you are saying? If so, I must own this ofr my collection

+ TJF588 on November 10th, 2013 at 3:43 pm said:

*sees a dinosaur*
*does not see feathers*
*sigh*

Anyway, VELOCITY!

+ gayguy54 on November 10th, 2013 at 3:46 pm said:

Sony your probably not gonna read this but when the spend $50 get $10 event was going i got battlefield 4 and i received the email which told me that im getting my 10 bucks in my message box but for some reason its not in there i only have the BF4 pre-order message could u please help me

+ Gambit121 on November 10th, 2013 at 4:03 pm said:

Love the Ratchet and Clank series, that is a sure buy for me. Been playing through the old ones again as a buildup to this one.

+ lemebee on November 10th, 2013 at 4:22 pm said:

Was so hoping for some Minecraft info. Sad Faces.

+ YungShep on November 10th, 2013 at 4:29 pm said:

the final sunday i go without gaming <3 the wait has been tooooooo much.

+ megalodonshark on November 10th, 2013 at 4:29 pm said:

@65
i have also seen this physical box of ducktales, but here is the rub, i saw it at wal-mart and it cost $29.96 + tax so then this cheesy key chain must cost $15.00…

+ guitarded77 on November 10th, 2013 at 5:26 pm said:

PS4!!!

+ DRAQ-520 on November 10th, 2013 at 5:28 pm said:

Great line before the big event next week!
however I’d like sony not to forget the ps3 yet, they did a great goodbye wave of titles to it this year, but it would be great if we could get some PS2 classics in the PSN like Rogue Galaxy and Wild Arms 3, alongside downloadable versions of Heavenly Sword and Folklore with trophy support.

+ LUCIFERSGLEAM on November 10th, 2013 at 5:41 pm said:

Wonderbook is still around? I thought we phased out the Move already lol!

+ PrinceofXIII on November 10th, 2013 at 6:22 pm said:

Ducktales Physical edition!

+ fattytwenty on November 10th, 2013 at 6:40 pm said:

I am looking at Ratchet and Clank as a buy, nice drop as always. It is always a nice thing to look forward to, on Sunday evenings, for me :)
I asked this last week and don’t know if i got a reply about my virus scan showing PSN Store updates as “potential threats” in my email inbox.
Anybody know anything about this issue?

+ MrSignal on November 10th, 2013 at 8:10 pm said:

With Ratchet starts the release of every other title I’m gonna end up playing this winter.

It’s gonna be an expensive month but at least my Vita has some love on the way with Y’s and Tearaway.

+ FLYPino on November 10th, 2013 at 9:25 pm said:

Since Wonderbook: Diggs Nightcrawler is digital, where can I buy the Wonderbook separately?

Don’t tell me the only way to get one is through the Book of Spells bundle…

+ sleeKSP3 on November 10th, 2013 at 9:42 pm said:

Takes PS4 home on the 15th, play with it all day the next day, which is my day off of the week. Perfect day indeed!!

+ DarkStar83x on November 10th, 2013 at 10:04 pm said:

Not getting PS4 day 1, but nothing really this week.

+ djsaiyan on November 10th, 2013 at 10:31 pm said:

Picking up Into The Nexus, and Injustice for my Vita, as well as the few PS4 games that are dropping today ahead of the launch on Friday.

I’m going to have a big stack of PS4 games and nothing to play them on ’til Friday.

Awesome.

Also, Beyond!

+ AizawaYuuichi on November 11th, 2013 at 1:58 am said:

@ LUCIFERSGLEAM: You’d be mistaken, actually. Move controllers are supported by the PS4, as well as being used in Sports Friends. So, no, it’s not being phased out.

Nice drop this week, but as others have said, I already saw Ducktales Remastered at retail about a week ago, so not sure why it’s on here. And I won’t be getting anything extra for a while. Just pushing through what I can on PS3 before the PS4 comes out and ruins my life this Thursday at midnight. Can’t wait!

+ InfernoNine13 on November 11th, 2013 at 2:49 am said:

How much are the wonder books gonna be my son loves the one we have. 3 more cool.

+ InfernoNine13 on November 11th, 2013 at 2:55 am said:

Some of the wonder books say retail but I don’t see them at any site I got to ie. gamestop amazon bestbuy etc.

+ InfernoNine13 on November 11th, 2013 at 3:03 am said:

In fact gamefaqs doesn’t even list them as a release on their list for the 12th.

+ solo013 on November 11th, 2013 at 3:27 am said:

I know everyone will laugh this up, but I am really looking forward to those Wonderbook games. I love my dinosaurs, and Harry Potter stuff. lol

+ geassuser87 on November 11th, 2013 at 5:30 am said:

Enemy within is like USd40 right?

Seriously?

+ Vorlord on November 11th, 2013 at 5:31 am said:

Have fun at the launch event in NYC Ryan! It’s too bad us regular folks won’t be able to get in, oh well. Least there will be streaming. BEYOND!

+ Shawdad on November 11th, 2013 at 5:36 am said:

I hope they never stop making ratchet and clank games. The level of quality they have maintained throughout the series is amazing.

+ Amir_G_M_US on November 11th, 2013 at 6:01 am said:

Ratchet & Clank – PS Vita version??? any future Cross-buy’/???

+ JegBot on November 11th, 2013 at 7:21 am said:

Release dat Minecraft, 4J Studios!

+ afigueroa on November 11th, 2013 at 7:25 am said:

Thank you Sony for those free codes during your live stream of Nexus in Time. I can pick up the game Tuesday!

+ Figboy on November 11th, 2013 at 7:56 am said:

All I know is,

40+ hours of overtime + 88 hours of regular pay + PlayStation 4 launch = AWESOME WEEKEND.

I’m hoping to snag Ratchet PS3 also while I’m out picking up a bunch of PS4 titles.

+ Animefreakers on November 11th, 2013 at 8:45 am said:

awwwww when will gex enter the gecko be release on psn :(

+ Sky-Shadow on November 11th, 2013 at 8:51 am said:

I’m not actually getting the PS4 at launch (I usually avoid console launches, cause people are crazy! haha). I am excited for all of the folks nabbing theirs this week tho’! For me, I’ve got plenty to do with my PS3 still annnnnnd Ratchet and Clank! I am in the middle of buying a house, and once all of that fun stuff and the equally fun move is done, then the new console will be mine! :D

They’ll probably be sold out everywhere by then, so I expect I won’t be nabbing mine until well after the new year. Good thing I have plenty of games to keep me entertained until then…like Ratchet and Clank! :D

+ DeeBG on November 11th, 2013 at 8:58 am said:

It wasn’t mentioned here but as a globetrotting (feel free to challenge me to a 2 on 2 game of basketball if you live in Shibuya before I head back to the states later this week =p) PlayStation fan, I’m really looking forward to the official SEN companion apps (I hope they are still slated to be released on Wednesday). Both my iPad and Galaxy S3 will see daily use (I don’t often get enough time while working to hit our game lounge, but I love the fact that I can set up events and check out what my friends are doing during those 5 minute breaks that occur throughout the day). PlayStation is finally going BEYOND! 😜

+ Pai-Zuri365 on November 11th, 2013 at 9:03 am said:

Still no Yakuza HD or 5?
I guess my money is staying right here.

+ DeeBG on November 11th, 2013 at 9:16 am said:

@96 I feel your pain (to a slightly lesser extent as I’m bringing about $500 worth of games home with me from Japan and most are Sega titles that I don’t think will see the light of day in NA any time soon if ever). However I’m not one of those people you see on forums that say “Oh just learn Japanese, it’s not hard!” Aside from the fact that is a damn lie, it cuts me off from playing games with the majority of my friends (example, I have 300 hours logged in PSO2 between PC and Vita play but it’s mostly all been with strangers, which takes a bit of fun out of MMOs). Forget about dubbing (that is normally leads to questionable results anyway). It would take little effort for Sega to just subtitle the Yakuza games. Then again they take out content not because it would receive a different rating but because they don’t think the NA audience wants it. This really ticked me off because for the most part the whole hostess experience is completely optional. Okay I better go because I pop an artery in Sega disappointment/rage.

+ Aliothale on November 11th, 2013 at 9:23 am said:

Can I get a refund on Proteus? It’s free today and I just bought it a couple days ago when it came out.. like wtf Sony.

+ sic2291 on November 11th, 2013 at 4:08 pm said:

I would like to PS1/PS2 classics pick up again. PS2 classics were going nice for a while but they have slowed down the last month. Nexus and Enemy Within are nice releases though!