Minecraft PS4

Behind The Music of Tearaway

James Spafford's Avatar + Posted by James Spafford on Nov 13, 2013 // Community Manager

Tearaway is out in just over a week and we can’t wait for you to play it! To get you even more excited, take a little peek at the third video in our series looking at all the bits and bobs that make Tearaway the unique and special thing that it is. This one will tell you all about the splendid sounds and music we made especially for the game, including a completely bespoke original score.

This very special soundtrack is inspired by all sorts of folklore and legends, and even features snippets of some sea shanties our Head of Audio Kenny Young wrote for the game, one of which made it into our Sogport trailer back in January.

If that doesn’t make you want to ride a pig through a beautiful paper world we don’t know what will.

You can get your hands on the Tearaway Original Soundtrack first with the Special Delivery Pre-Order Pack available both at your favorite retailer and on the PS Store for a limited time – so if you like what you hear, head over to the store and pre-order before Tearaway comes out on November 22nd!

19 Comments   1 Reply

+ remanutd5 on November 13th, 2013 at 7:42 am said:

Whats this? music? the game is releasing next week on a very bad season, where is the demo? priorities guys, priorities. Music is not gonna sell the game, this is not backstreets boys, this is playstation. Sorry im not trying to be rude its just that im dying to play the game.

+ remanutd5 on November 13th, 2013 at 7:45 am said:

And i cant help it to think what a bad marketing sony is doing on the vita, ps4 has been freaking great but vita’s pr is just plain horrendous.

+ ProfessorGerbik on November 13th, 2013 at 8:21 am said:

Awesome, I cannot wait to pick up this soundtrack with my pre-order. I have been dying, waiting to play this game. Excited to decorate my room with a bunch of papercraft animals as well.

+ wutdaheckman on November 13th, 2013 at 9:38 am said:

WHY CAN’T I PREORDER THIS ON SEN YET?!?!

+ RoII_chan on November 13th, 2013 at 10:28 am said:

What about that pig? are we gonna get it if we pre-order? if not how can we get it?

+ iamxavier1 on November 13th, 2013 at 10:38 am said:

Where are the 2 clips of Kenny playing Soldier’s Joy? I’m a big fan of appalachian fiddle, was curious to hear what the Scottish tune sounded like.

Also, this game would be HUGE if it was marketed right.

+ Zionine on November 13th, 2013 at 10:38 am said:

Music matters @1 remanutd5..

It sets the environment of the game and allows you to fully dive into a game.

Folk dubstep needs to be a thing. <3

+ Swotam on November 13th, 2013 at 11:56 am said:

So, when can we actually pre-order? Your link goes to a page with no info on pricing or an option to actually order the game.

+ remanutd5 on November 13th, 2013 at 12:23 pm said:

@7 i know it does i havent said it doesnt, i said get the priorities right, first thing is a demo, thats what its gonna sell the game and of course marketing (non existent on vita)

+ Rezolution77 on November 13th, 2013 at 12:40 pm said:

Definitely look forward to this title.

+ Zionine on November 13th, 2013 at 12:45 pm said:

@9 : Zeroed in on “Music is not gonna sell a game.” My bad, I suppose. It does seem more targeted at people who are already going to buy the game.. Just look at how many posts are in this forum. That should tell ya a bit about what grade “marketing” this post is. :/

-sigh-

Those who impulse buy a Vita for Remote play capability will be tugged in by this, though. Not to mention the Tearaway sticker on PS Vita boxes right now. :D

+ Markob_67 on November 13th, 2013 at 1:16 pm said:

It looks like no one at SONY knows anything about PSN…it is the third message that I read that says “you can pre-order Tearaway now”, but the store has only videos!!! I’M WAITING TO PREORDER THE DIGITAL COPY OF THIS ONE!!! I WAS HOPING THAT LAST PSN UPDATE WOULD CHANGE THAT!!! PLEASE FIX THE STORE!!!!!

+ plaztiksyke on November 13th, 2013 at 1:19 pm said:

are the music assets 320kbps or better? LBP Vita sounded a little “lo-fi” to me with limited dynamic range, and not in a charming way.

+ Teflon02 on November 13th, 2013 at 4:16 pm said:

They are selling Tearaway at my local GameStop lol. If I had money I would have bought it today. Sadly I didn’t :(

+ Apeman24 on November 13th, 2013 at 6:33 pm said:

This is a must own for all of us Vita owners.

+ tusunami on November 13th, 2013 at 6:59 pm said:

This will be a classic I can already see this. I am thrilled to see more diversity of games offered on the PS Vita.!!!!!!!!!!

+ Elvick_ on November 13th, 2013 at 9:28 pm said:

Please don’t punish Tearaway when it fails in sales. I can’t imagine it doing well in such a competitive release environment. Even if every reviewer from now until the end of days gave it 10/10.

I’ll be buying it of course, but I’d hate for something with such potential to never see the light of day again because it released in one of the worst possible times.

+ Cyber-Gladiator on November 13th, 2013 at 10:45 pm said:

I know the Tearaway Competition is over but please bring back the LittleBigPlanet Tearaway Competition Pack on the PlayStation®Store for those of us who did not get a chance to download it or just want to keep create Tearaway-inspired levels.

+ ChaosRaiden999 on November 20th, 2013 at 5:20 am said:

Will the soundtrack be available stand-alone for purchase on the US PS Store?