PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Tearaway and the PS Vita – a Match Made in Heaven

Michael Pulst's Avatar + Posted by Michael Pulst on Nov 14, 2013 // Associate Producer, SCEA

Hello again! We do hope you’ve been enjoying our Behind the Scenes Tearaway mini-series. For the fourth video in our little collection, we wanted to show you why this papery platforming adventure really couldn’t have been made for any other device or console. On your quest to help iota or atoi deliver their very special message to you, you’ll solve perplexing puzzles with the tilt; defeat your enemies with the front touch pad; capture and customize your journey together with the front and rear cameras and microphone; and, best of all, reach into the game with the rear touch pad. It truly is a “hands-in” experience (sorry).

Don’t forget there’s still over a week to pre-order Tearaway and also secure our Special Delivery pre-order bonus items. Week one orders at the PS Store will also include the bonus items so those who prefer the digital version will not miss out! This bundle includes the audiolicious Tearaway soundtrack, exclusive skin for the in-game rideable pig that includes a special printable papercraft plan to match. There are also splendiferous iota and atoi character avatars for use on PSN along with a fun PS Vita wallpaper. Oh, and for those who have LittleBigPlanet, you may be interested in the fun iota and atoi character costumes for Sackboy! Stay tuned for the final videos in our series coming soon.

24 Comments

+ JimmyHACK on November 14th, 2013 at 8:03 am said:

Thanks for fixing the US post for week one buyers getting bonuses since we don’t have digital pre-order like EU.

+ Teflon02 on November 14th, 2013 at 8:10 am said:

Tearaway is going to be great

+ TheExiled12894 on November 14th, 2013 at 8:12 am said:

I can’t wait to see how much of the in-game world can be altered!

+ IIL0YDII on November 14th, 2013 at 8:36 am said:

Digital preorder?

+ JimmyHACK on November 14th, 2013 at 8:37 am said:

Loyd, no. Read about bonuses for US. first week of release buyers get it. So no digital preorder for US.

+ LockeScythe on November 14th, 2013 at 8:38 am said:

Any news on the PS Vita TV getting a Western release? I’d love to have one of those to go along with my PS4 and PS Vita.

+ RoII_chan on November 14th, 2013 at 8:49 am said:

So if we pre-order digitally we get the soundtrack+ rideable pig+ wallpapers?!

+ JimmyHACK on November 14th, 2013 at 9:04 am said:

Roll_chan there is no US digital preorder. If you buy it digitally in it’s first week of release you will get all the bonuses yes.

+ thidomingues on November 14th, 2013 at 9:16 am said:

I played at Brasil Game Show. Amazing!

+ xClayMeow on November 14th, 2013 at 9:32 am said:

Every time I’m at the mall, I walk into the Sony store, walk right past the PS4 and check out the Vitas to see if there’s a Tearaway demo. Sadly, they’ve yet to have one :(

+ nYcFrEeWiLL82 on November 14th, 2013 at 9:44 am said:

GAME IS EXTREMELY CUTE…BUT IM A GROWN MAN..AND I NEED SOME GTA, SAINTS ROW, GRAND TURISMO OR EVEN SIMPLE PSN GAMES LIKE BIONIC COMMANDO, JOE DANGER OR BETTER YET SHANK ON MY PS VITA ASAP!! PLEASE AND THANK YOU!!

+ VG_JUNKY on November 14th, 2013 at 9:45 am said:

ummm am I the only one who noticed they spelled cartoon violence “cartoon violecne” :P

I’m excited for this little beautiful game :3

+ xaos on November 14th, 2013 at 9:55 am said:

atoi? As an old C/C++ programmer, you won me over just with that :)

+ Fardeenah on November 14th, 2013 at 11:11 am said:

demo please

+ DarkStar83x on November 14th, 2013 at 12:28 pm said:

No digital preorder? That’s OK. I’ll get it day 1.

+ RoII_chan on November 14th, 2013 at 12:35 pm said:

@ JimmyHACK Thanks for the info =)

+ wutdaheckman on November 14th, 2013 at 1:02 pm said:

I think I actually like “first week” bonuses more than pre-order bonuses…. it just makes so much more sense.

+ Ktalus on November 14th, 2013 at 3:41 pm said:

Looks like a fun game ANY CHANCE we can get some NEWS on Terraria Vita or Minecraft . All the info I find is people and sources that may or may not know the real story . Is there a problem and if so can we at least get an update to release us from false hopes (in the form of a plog post please) . Thank You

+ Elvick_ on November 14th, 2013 at 6:46 pm said:

This game makes me happy.

@17: I agree, HOWEVER, I think they need to actually announce the first week bonuses way sooner than they do. They leave consumers wondering if they’re ever going to get the content, or they force our hand to go retail. I’m not a digital buyer so always preorder retail anyway, but I feel for digital people needing to worry they’ll miss stuff for months on end.

+ tusunami on November 14th, 2013 at 6:47 pm said:

Say what this game will be spectacular for PS Vita, great games just keep coming. I’m loving it, PS4 day 1 shipping I’m out!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Apeman24 on November 14th, 2013 at 8:13 pm said:

Can not wait to pick this game up.

+ Nejithegreat on November 16th, 2013 at 9:28 pm said:

@11 man i hear you there we keep getting these kiddy and mini game in the usa but japan got the hardcore jaw droping ps vita games. It’s games like this that will kill the ps vita for good.

+ kinxx3 on November 22nd, 2013 at 4:28 pm said:

Just in case someone got it and was wondering about the wallpaper(i know i was)

+ Wolfbrother117 on November 24th, 2013 at 8:55 am said:

I pre-ordered this game about 1.5 months ago, and got it on the release date. However, I didn’t receive a pre-order bonus code or something like that. Will I receive that later, for example via mail, or did something go wrong?
I don’t want to miss out on all these awesome goodies!