PS4 - Transistor

Trine 2: Complete Story Coming to PS4 Tomorrow

Kai's Avatar + Posted by Kai on Nov 14, 2013 // Frozenbyte

Hi everyone. I’m very happy to announce that Trine 2: Complete Story is a PS4 launch game. That was our goal, and it’s been a hectic few months, but we’ve made it. Trine 2: Complete Story is now officially lined up to arrive on PS4 tomorrow.

In the trailer above, you’ll see some of the new skills that are available in the Complete Story version, such as the Knight’s Kitesail Shield, and the Thief’s Low Gravity Arrow. There are a total of 20 levels full of adventure, with sceneries ranging from lush forests to a scorching hot desert, and the insides of a gigantic sandworm — even isles floating in the sky.

Trine 2: Complete Story supports DualShock 4′s touch pad, and it makes many elements of the gameplay very intuitive. An example of this is drawing boxes or planks with the wizard, and moving them around and interacting with the environment.

Trine 2: Complete Story, 02

Trine 2: Complete Story, 03Trine : Complete Story, 01

On the tech side, Trine 2 runs at beautiful full HD 1080p resolution at 60 frames per second. It’s truly a sight to see, and what’s more is that we’re also one of the few games at launch with stereoscopic 3D support. So remember to fire up your 3D TV’s, put on your glasses, and enjoy the visual splendor.

Trine 2: Complete Story launches on this Friday, November 15th in North America for $19.99. Thanks to everyone supporting us, and I hope you enjoy our game! If you want to stay up-to-date with news regarding Trine 2 and our other games, follow us on Twitter — and don’t forget to stay tuned here. We can’t wait!

PAGE 1 2

+ LpSquall on November 14th, 2013 at 10:03 am said:

I already own the game for PS3. Do I need to buy it again or is it free?

+ Joel Kinnunen on November 14th, 2013 at 3:18 pm said:

Sorry, you’ll need to buy it again as we can’t support Cross Buy due to some issues on the backend (we’re self-publishing Trine 2: Complete Story on PS4, whereas we had a publisher on the PS3 version – and the PS3 version sadly doesn’t have the Goblin Menace expansion campaign or any of our recent gameplay updates). We also weren’t able to figure out any proper discount or consolation for the North American launch, sorry!

+ poodude on November 14th, 2013 at 10:04 am said:

I’ve said it once, I’ll say it again: these screenshots look gorgeous. Also makes me wish I had a 3D TV :p.

+ xeno3d on November 14th, 2013 at 10:04 am said:

Looks amazing, bet it even looks better in person! Day 1 for me

+ x_Lava_x on November 14th, 2013 at 10:06 am said:

Is there local co-op?

+ Joel Kinnunen on November 14th, 2013 at 3:19 pm said:

Yes there is! The co-op is for 2-3 players, and works both online and locally. For local co-op, you just connect the controllers and join right in, it’s very simple and you don’t have to go through any setup screens etc. It just works. Very much recommended too. :)

+ lisatsunami on November 14th, 2013 at 10:07 am said:

Yay! A game I want to play at launch, thank you!! I loved Trine 2 on PS3 but I’ll still buy this again.

+ BarryBallache on November 14th, 2013 at 10:07 am said:

Holy crap that looks awesome! Please tell me its going to be available in Europe on the 29th as well? PLEEEEAAASE?

+ Joel Kinnunen on November 14th, 2013 at 3:20 pm said:

Yes, Trine 2: Complete Story will be released in Europe on Nov 29th at launch! We can’t wait either. :)

+ ngreatshark on November 14th, 2013 at 10:07 am said:

You got me at 3d. Will buy tomorrow!

+ Gorvi on November 14th, 2013 at 10:09 am said:

Can you play co-op online?

+ Joel Kinnunen on November 14th, 2013 at 3:21 pm said:

Yes you can, it works easily and you can join either a public game or a friend’s game. :)

+ djsaiyan on November 14th, 2013 at 10:12 am said:

Consider it bought!

+ Mando44646 on November 14th, 2013 at 10:15 am said:

I wish this was a PS+ game instead of the other two. I’ll probably get bored of Resogun quickly and Contrast just looks uninteresting. I’ll buy it :)

+ micbelt on November 14th, 2013 at 10:30 am said:

I have it on PC and it is a beautiful game.

+ YungShep on November 14th, 2013 at 10:31 am said:

own the first 2 on the ps3 <3 consider this one owned, and wow 3d!!!!!!!!!!!! thats huge

+ BarryBallache on November 14th, 2013 at 10:33 am said:

Nvm, it IS available in Europe on 29th! YAY!

+ akisuo on November 14th, 2013 at 10:35 am said:

Will be buying this! Happy, happy, happy.

+ jonjon0890 on November 14th, 2013 at 10:50 am said:

Will I be able to buy PS4 games/PS3 to Ps4 upgrade from SEN Website via PC or do I have to buy a PS4 system to access PS4 content from the PS Store?

+ snakeeyes211 on November 14th, 2013 at 10:52 am said:

I Will be buying this! :-)

+ KwietStorm on November 14th, 2013 at 10:54 am said:

How much new content is there from the first version of the game?

+ Joel Kinnunen on November 14th, 2013 at 3:27 pm said:

You mean compared to the PS3 version? Quite a bit. While the PS3 version is still a nice experience, a year later we developed the Goblin Menace expansion that features 6 new levels and it has some of the best levels we’ve ever done, and overall it seems people really like the story a lot more too. It also includes new gameplay features/skills, and those skills can also be used in the main campaign (so things like the Knight’s Kitesail Shield which allows him to glide in the air, Thief’s Gravity Bubble which is awesome). There’s also been some gameplay changes and minor features, and the Complete Story edition also includes the Dwarven Caverns bonus level that we did not too long ago, which is a separate adventure of its own really.

If you already own the PS3 version, then it’s a tough decision for sure… I’d say it’s best to make the decision based on how much you like the game, or wait for a sale (not sure if we will have any discounts in 2013 though, but down the line I’m sure it will happen). I hope this helps!

+ KHUSTLA on November 14th, 2013 at 10:59 am said:

Definitely picking it up, and also I here that every ps4 comes with a 10 psn voucher so I’ll get it for only 10 bucks!

+ ThumbsOfSteel74 on November 14th, 2013 at 11:02 am said:

Can I ask the same irrelevant question(s) in every blog post despite the fact that I don’t read comments or I would know the answer already?[/sarcasm]

+ Rezolution77 on November 14th, 2013 at 11:09 am said:

Can I go for very long without commenting on everyone else?

Oh wait …..guess not.

+ Rezolution77 on November 14th, 2013 at 11:11 am said:

Looks beautiful.

But more worried about the gameplay element.

Not sure if this would be a title even close in my lineup of purchases.

+ Rezolution77 on November 14th, 2013 at 11:18 am said:

Would think about it, as a Cross Buy with Vita though.

+ plaztiksyke on November 14th, 2013 at 11:35 am said:

Finally, a PS4 title with 3D support!!!

Will there be a discount for people who already bought Trine 2 on PS3?

Will remote play on VIta work with a local co-op players as well?

+ Joel Kinnunen on November 14th, 2013 at 3:30 pm said:

Sadly there is no discount. :( We actually wanted to do it but it wasn’t possible for launch, sorry!

Remote Play and local co-op, that’s a great question… To be honest I don’t have the answer for that, sorry!

+ ThumbsOfSteel74 on November 14th, 2013 at 11:39 am said:

@Rezolution77: I wasn’t talking to you.

Nice job taking 3 posts IN A ROW (yet again) to say nothing and do exactly what you complain about others doing.

You really are completely worthless. :)

+ Rezolution77 on November 14th, 2013 at 11:52 am said:

@24

OMG………. do you even read your own comments?

Maybe if you did you would realize that my reenactment of the very thing you are doing, is EXACTLY what you are complaining about.

BTW…….. notice YOU and those like you are the only ones, I resort to your own tactics with?

Let people complain, its their right.
Maybe some good can come of it, instead of you trying to force / ridicule them to be quiet.

+ ThumbsOfSteel74 on November 14th, 2013 at 11:58 am said:

You don’t even know what I was talking about or who I was talking to in the first place. You follow me all over this blog to make pointless comments. Shut up, you worthless troll.

OT: Trine 2 is looking better than ever! :)

+ Rezolution77 on November 14th, 2013 at 11:59 am said:

You have the right to free speech, but of course if you said that to my face, I would have to shut your mouth.

Better stick to your thumbs.

+ boomstickbhg on November 14th, 2013 at 12:05 pm said:

Well done, this has been a fun series.

+ PrimeroIncognito on November 14th, 2013 at 12:05 pm said:

Yep, as usual. Rezolution’s ego is so blinding to him/herself that he/she couldn’t see that he/she shot him/herself in the foot right in his/her very first post. Good job! Like I mentioned about a week ago, we should really let you wear Ryumoaner’s dunce cap for a few days. You seem to really want it.

By the way, nothing wrong with legitimate complaints or constructive criticism. But you’re completely bonkers if you think all the crybaby whining that you support will ever lead to anything truly good.

You’ve been trolling this blog for months now whining like a spoiled kid (which is sad for someone who claims to have kids), yet you still haven’t changed a damn thing. Sony’s still ignoring you, and people like me are still embarrassing you… no, wait, you’re embarrassing yourself, that’s right.

+ supvic on November 14th, 2013 at 12:36 pm said:

“one of the few games with 3D support at launch,” wait I thought this was the ONLY 3D game at launch. What else is in 3D?

also, do previous buyers get this free or do we need to buy again? Flower on PS4 is free for PS3 buyers, so I hope it’s the same for Trine 2.

+ Joel Kinnunen on November 14th, 2013 at 3:32 pm said:

Well we might be the only 3D game, we’re not quite sure – it seemed like Assassin’s Creed IV would have 3D support but I’m not sure if that was ever officially confirmed… Guess we’ll find out soon enough. :)

Cross Buy – sadly we can’t support it (copypaste from an earlier reply: We can’t support Cross Buy due to some issues on the backend (we’re self-publishing Trine 2: Complete Story on PS4, whereas we had a publisher on the PS3 version – and the PS3 version sadly doesn’t have the Goblin Menace expansion campaign or any of our recent gameplay updates). We also weren’t able to figure out any proper discount or consolation for the North American launch, sorry!).

+ Figboy on November 14th, 2013 at 12:38 pm said:

Never played this one, so I may have to snag this tomorrow, but I’ll already have about 10 games to play, and limited time to play them all (Thanks weekend overtime!)!

+ NateIsGod4 on November 14th, 2013 at 12:40 pm said:

Game looks super crisp. I will get just because it looks sweet. and hectic at the same damn time

+ Rezolution77 on November 14th, 2013 at 12:53 pm said:

Incognito

You too afraid to use that huge intellect of yours, one at a time?

Or you like always jumping on a bandwagon since you have no willpower, and your lack of spine makes you a follower and NOT a leader?

Why would I be embarrassed?
You think a couple of Blog Avengers is humiliating?

I unlike you have real life to contend with, I do not sit in my home afraid, to say these things out loud.

Anyway, It is not unlike leaders to have to deal with multiple setbacks, since someone did not pave the way for them.

Good Luck to you Sore Thumbs, and Tired Arse.

+ Rezolution77 on November 14th, 2013 at 1:00 pm said:

Make a valid complaint, and I got a monkey flinging poo, and a dog that will not stop yapping.

+ reekeecast on November 14th, 2013 at 1:04 pm said:

I might play this after Killzone, Knack, FIFA 14, Call of Duty, Battlefield 4 and Marvel Super Heroes, Resogun and Contrast….geee…. PS4 is not even out and my queue is already full…
-_-

Here we go… again.

+ Falconsflight on November 14th, 2013 at 2:00 pm said:

If you do not plan on buying a ps4 day one, but you have a ps plus subscriptions is there any way to apply these games to your account because once they leave I would miss out on them once I actually buy a ps4, Thanks.

+ wizeguy22 on November 14th, 2013 at 2:01 pm said:

girlfriend and I will be playing this tomorrow in 3d .. can’t wait. . Thanks for making it in time for launch. .

+ Joel Kinnunen on November 14th, 2013 at 3:33 pm said:

You’re in for a real treat! Let us know how you like it. :)

+ Ryusennin on November 14th, 2013 at 2:07 pm said:

I don’t want a discount. I want the DLC on PS3!

+ Joel Kinnunen on November 14th, 2013 at 3:38 pm said:

Sorry! There’s a dozen things that went wrong with our PS3 stuff, and sadly we ended up not being able to bring the Goblin Menace DLC to PS3. I think I’ve explained the reasons before to you, but in a nutshell there were technical issues (the DLC levels are much more demanding on the hardware, they didn’t run smoothly and would have required a lot of optimizations), and also business-wise there was some trouble, and on the tech side we also had issues with our version management because Goblin Menace was released one year after the original release, so a lot had happened to our game engine in that time… We would have needed to update the whole thing (2 gigabytes or so) and that too was a bit difficult on the previous gen consoles. Sorry! It’s not our proudest moment and I can only offer my sincerest apologies for that. :( Feel free to get in touch with our support at http://www.frozenbyte.com/contact/ and we can explain some more details.

+ Teflon02 on November 14th, 2013 at 2:22 pm said:

I want this, but I’ll only have the 10 free from ps4. I need to get a next 10 wish in canada they had 5 and 10 dollars psn cards, cause my visa doesn’t work on psn. (Hope the visa issues on psn is fixed for ps4 release)

+ PrimeroIncognito on November 14th, 2013 at 2:45 pm said:

@ Rezolution

The only thing you accomplished with that post is you proved to me how desperate you are for someone else to believe the lies you’re telling yourself. Yes, keep telling yourself that you’re so important. Some idiot, somewhere, one day, might believe you.

Anyway, the game looks lovely, and I’ll be sure to give it a shot when I inevitably purchase a PS4. Good work, Frozenbyte.

+ Joel Kinnunen on November 14th, 2013 at 3:39 pm said:

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I hope you guys enjoy the game when you get your hands on the PS4, we had a great time developing the game for PS4 and are very happy with it. :)

- Joel, Frozenbyte team, developers of Trine 2: Complete Story

+ fsavoie on November 14th, 2013 at 4:40 pm said:

Yeah for 3d!!!!

+ plaztiksyke on November 14th, 2013 at 5:34 pm said:

are the audio assets higher quality than on PS3? as in, 24-bit/lossless? :)

+ Joel Kinnunen on November 14th, 2013 at 5:40 pm said:

Yeah they’re higher quality, no memory restrictions on PS4. :) Not lossless though, 24-bit sounds about right (don’t have the exact details here but should be no issues for sure).

+ en_em on November 14th, 2013 at 6:25 pm said:

Looks great!
oh man. this will be the third copy of Trine 2 that I’ve purchased. PC/PS3/PS4

(no I think about it .. it would be excellent to be able to transfer save games)

+ tusunami on November 14th, 2013 at 6:41 pm said:

Not sure just yet if I’ll but this again, but this looks amazing. PS4 day 1 shipping I’m out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Elvick_ on November 14th, 2013 at 6:42 pm said:

Wish you had given each character a color. The lightbar switching based on the character you’re playing would have been neat.

+ Joel Kinnunen on November 16th, 2013 at 1:15 pm said:

Yeah we tried some stuff but it didn’t really feel right, so we abandoned it in the end. Sorry!

+ phinnv8 on November 15th, 2013 at 11:47 am said:

I played Trine 1 and liked it, it looks like Trine 2 is a big improvement too. I’ve been meaning to pick it up for some time on PS3 and it looks like this will be worth the wait. Definitely getting on PS4!

On a side note, I commend all the replies to comments. That’s not very common and it goes a long way.

+ Joel Kinnunen on November 16th, 2013 at 1:16 pm said:

Thanks, we do our best. :) Be sure to let us know how you like the game if you get it for PS4. :)

+ superpollo on November 16th, 2013 at 12:55 am said:

Grats on being the first 3D title :-)

Will 3D also have 1080p resolution at 60fps?

+ Joel Kinnunen on November 16th, 2013 at 1:24 pm said:

Thanks! We have to go by the 3D limitations at the moment – so the regular resolution is 1080p and 60 fps, but in 3D the resolution gets dropped to 720p (pet eye, at 60 fps). The game actually stills runs at 1080p internally. So in the future the game may even automatically be able to run and output at 1080p60 even in 3D if a new firmware is released and if the TV is modern (like 2012 onwards, depending on the models – I think the Sony W805 and W905 series should support it at least, I have a W805 myself so I’m keeping fingers crossed too!). And if not, we can hopefully create a small patch to make it happen. So let’s see how it goes!

+ doublej_2009 on November 22nd, 2013 at 11:13 am said:

Just bought the game at lunch so didn’t have tons of time to try it out yet, but I must say it’s BEAUTIFUL!

At the risk of being flamed (I readily admit i’m a trine noob), is there some sort of secret to using the touchpad on the dualsock 4 controller to draw (and summon) a box as the wizard? I tried 10 different times and I could never get it to work.

Perhaps I’ll figure it out tonight when I have more time to play around with it. But any advice would be greatly appreciated!

+ doublej_2009 on November 25th, 2013 at 7:32 am said:

Nevermind, I’m the village idiot. Might help if I used the shoulder button when drawing the square lol.

Great game!