PS4-Infamous

Uncharted on PS4, The Last of Us: Left Behind DLC Revealed

Arne Meyer's Avatar + Posted by Arne Meyer on Nov 14, 2013 // Community Strategist, Naughty Dog

This has been an incredible week at Naughty Dog as we were getting ready for two major reveals – both of which blew up the Spike TV PS4 All Access launch extravaganza.

We premiered our first teaser trailer for The Last of Us: Left Behind, a single-player DLC campaign coming early next year. But we weren’t done with announcements quite yet; we had one more treat for our fans – a teaser video that confirms we are working on an Uncharted game on the PlayStation 4 system!

Check out teaser trailer for The Last of Us: Left Behind

Check out the teaser for Uncharted – voiced by a mysterious character-– below.

We also provided a little bit more information about both our announcements during the Spike TV PS4 All Access show, which we’ve posting below. Get excited!

Naughty Dog Reveal, 02

The Last of Us: Left Behind is Naughty Dog’s first ever single-player DLC. BruceNeil, and the rest of the team are getting close to wrapping work on this new campaign, which will meet the quality and gameplay what you’ve come to expect with The Last of Us, along with a few surprises.

She’s back! Ashley Johnson reprises her role as Ellie in The Last of Us: Left Behind single-player DLC. Left Behind takes place while Ellie is attending a military boarding school in the Boston quarantine zone, prior to meeting Joel and the events in the main campaign of The Last of Us.

In just a few short months since the release of The Last of Us, you have made it clear that Ellie has become one of your favorite characters in games. Today, we’re excited to confirm that you play as Ellie throughout the entirety of Left Behind.

Joining Ellie on this new adventure is Riley, her best friend and also a mentor of sorts at the military boarding school. Just as The Last of Us focused on the bond between Ellie and Joel, Left Behind explores the bond between Ellie and Riley through a series of events that will forever change both of their lives.

Bringing Riley to life through our performance capture process is the talented Yaani King, who we had the pleasure of working with on the DLC.

If you just can’t wait until the DLC drops to get more of The Last of Us, go out immediately and read the Dark Horse comic series, The Last of Us: American Dreams – which is conveniently available in the recently released paperback collection. I cannot recommend this series enough and it’s even more relevant now, as in the comic you will learn more about how Ellie and Riley first became friends, giving you even more insight into Ellie’s story in The Last of Us universe. And it’s also just plain great!

The Last of Us: Left Behind will be releasing in early 2014 – we will announce a specific date as soon as we iron out all the details. The awesome news is that Left Behind is included in the The Last of Us Season Pass, which also includes a ton of multiplayer DLC, and is the best deal you can get for all the DLC content we’ve planned to release – over 75% worth of savings compared to buying all the DLC separately. If you’re only interested in the single-player DLC, you can pre-order it starting November 19 on the PlayStation Store for $14.99.

We’ve also got the polaroid image for The Last of Us: Left Behind in convenient wallpaper sizes. Get them now!

Naughty Dog Reveal, 01

We have great news for all our Uncharted fans – Amy, Justin, and the team are hard at work on an amazing new installment of the Uncharted series to be released exclusively on the PlayStation 4 system. Our goal is to continue what we’ve done in previous console generations and once again deliver the best in storytelling, performance capture, technical innovation and graphics on the PS4. We can confirm that the voiceover is performed by Todd Stashwick and he will play a character in the game.

There isn’t much more we can say right now about The Last of Us: Left Behind and even less about our Uncharted project, but feel free to let us know what you think in the comments below. Believe me – we can’t wait to shed more light on both of these projects to our fans.

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ Mercenary09 on November 14th, 2013 at 8:24 pm said:

Hell yea to both the DLC and Uncharted! I just hope Drake is back with Nolan North as the voice actor please!

+ Arne Meyer on November 14th, 2013 at 8:45 pm said:

We’re so excited that all this is finally out there. We can’t wait to spill more details on our Uncharted, but not yet!

+ Apeman24 on November 14th, 2013 at 8:25 pm said:

Very exciting, getting my PS4 in about three hours. Uncharted will be awesome.

+ H1DD3N_SHADOW on November 14th, 2013 at 8:27 pm said:

YES. UNCHARTED IS BY FAR MY FAVORITE VIDEO GAME FRANCHISE .
THE LAST OF US WAS A MASTERPIECE THAT I BEAT FOUR TIMES AND PLATINUMED

I LOVE YOU NAUGHTY DOG!!!!!

+ Arne Meyer on November 14th, 2013 at 8:49 pm said:

We love you too!! :)

+ Dark_Usurper on November 14th, 2013 at 8:30 pm said:

Can’t wait!

+ TaggSte on November 14th, 2013 at 8:31 pm said:

Thank you, Naughty Dog! Uncahrted is my favorite franchise ever.

Any chance we might get a longer trailer at the VGAs? ;)

+ ajwilson55 on November 14th, 2013 at 8:33 pm said:

*Head explodes*

+ Arne Meyer on November 14th, 2013 at 8:51 pm said:

Thankfully *we* didn’t explode trying to hold all this news secret for so long!

+ ZANIACK on November 14th, 2013 at 8:34 pm said:

Double whammy! This is very exciting news.

+ SweetReLeaf on November 14th, 2013 at 8:35 pm said:

Is the whole DLC Ellie? I guess I’m asking too much, but I hope so. For some reason I played so much better with her than Joel in the campaign. Never missed a shot with her hahah

+ Arne Meyer on November 14th, 2013 at 8:52 pm said:

Well, we do say that you play through the whole DLC as Ellie.

+ kratos1984 on November 14th, 2013 at 8:37 pm said:

Does Left Behind take place after the comic?

+ Arne Meyer on November 14th, 2013 at 8:54 pm said:

Yes, the comic introduces Ellie and Riley and how they get to know each other. The DLC explores their bond further.

+ thezenguy on November 14th, 2013 at 8:39 pm said:

F**** YES!!! uncharted on ps4, double F*** yes!! when they announce god of war for ps4 >_<

+ Pikmologist on November 14th, 2013 at 8:48 pm said:

This makes me so happy. I’m such a huge Naughty Dog fan. I love the Uncharted series. I can’t wait to find out more information on this game. It just kills me I can;t get a PS4 right now, I have the money, but I can’t find one anywhere. I work tomorrow, so they will be sold out before I can get one, I will get a PS4 soon, though! UNCHARTED FOR PS4! KNOWING THIS IS INSANE AND I CAN’T WAIT!

+ Arne Meyer on November 14th, 2013 at 8:56 pm said:

I hope you find a console out there! I’m sure you will get one eventually. We can’t wait to reveal more either! Thanks for being such an awesome fan.

+ ClutchFactor8 on November 14th, 2013 at 8:50 pm said:

VERY dissapointed. Been waiting for a new Jak game since 2004. Ive been waiting and waiting, Uncharted fans are really spoiled. I’m done…

+ Arne Meyer on November 14th, 2013 at 9:07 pm said:

Awww, sorry to hear that. We’re big fans of Jak as well and we tried to make a new game on the PS3 – but that team ultimately made The Last of Us. Can’t say we didn’t try… you should try our other games perhaps. We think there’s still a lot of that Naughty Dog magic in those too.

+ TubaDude49 on November 14th, 2013 at 8:51 pm said:

I was really holding out for Jak 4, but I can’t complain about another Uncharted. Everything you guys do is great.

+ Arne Meyer on November 14th, 2013 at 9:02 pm said:

I’m glad you still like us. We did look into doing a Jak 4 with Bruce and Neil and the team who went on to make The Last of Us. There’s a couple of articles here and there talking about why we decided to not do another Jak, along with some concept art. We tried!

+ Etienne66 on November 14th, 2013 at 8:52 pm said:

Another Uncharted game. Yeah!!! Alright, now you’ve given me a reason to buy a PS4. ;-)

+ Arne Meyer on November 14th, 2013 at 9:05 pm said:

Glad to hear it! :)

+ OverTaker on November 14th, 2013 at 8:52 pm said:

Hay hay Warhol what oooooh oooooo. Haaaaaa that’s the good stuff. Hay what’s all this white sticky stuff on my hands? Lol

+ TheGuardianFID on November 14th, 2013 at 8:52 pm said:

Sweeeeeeeeeet, SOLD!!! 8)

+ Arne Meyer on November 14th, 2013 at 9:08 pm said:

Yes. Yay!

+ justanotherblue on November 14th, 2013 at 8:55 pm said:

HOLY CRAP YES. I was just recently wishing we’d hear about a new Uncharted game in the works. And PIRATES?!

I am SO ON BOARD.

+ x0xave on November 14th, 2013 at 8:59 pm said:

UNCHARTED PS4 I cried so hard!!!! This may be an origin story of Uncharted for PS4, meaning Francis Drake anyone???? I can’t express how happy I am. WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH NAUGHTY DOG!

+ Arne Meyer on November 14th, 2013 at 9:09 pm said:

We love you too!

+ Shadow-Man_4 on November 14th, 2013 at 9:03 pm said:

I’m not going to get a PS4 until you ship the PS4 Uncharted bundle. Better hurry up and take my money before I change my mind. ;)

Lemme pre-order, and give us some incentive to do so! I moved to Canada now and I can pre-order. Please release more information soon.

Naughty Dog. <3

+ Arne Meyer on November 14th, 2013 at 9:11 pm said:

I think you can preorder Uncharted already from some retailers, we were working on getting that setup for someone exactly like you. Check the usual retail spots.

+ StealthReborn– on November 14th, 2013 at 9:05 pm said:

Hey Arne!

Any chance of there being a double parts weekend for The Last of Us? :D

+ Arne Meyer on November 14th, 2013 at 9:13 pm said:

Hey now! That’s not on topic! Kidding — we’re focused on putting out more DLC content like the hats for our MP players and, obviously, working on patches and updates. So, no plans at the moment. Sorry.

+ DecadanceFantasy on November 14th, 2013 at 9:06 pm said:

The PS4 launch event was awesome! The DLC for the Last of Us looks great, and of course Uncharted is looking stellar. That map looked cool and foreboding all at the same time.

+ Arne Meyer on November 14th, 2013 at 9:14 pm said:

and very foreboding voiceover I think!

+ Elvick_ on November 14th, 2013 at 9:06 pm said:

All of my yes.

+ Arne Meyer on November 14th, 2013 at 9:15 pm said:

All of our feels for our wonderful fans.

+ BlaqMagiq24 on November 14th, 2013 at 9:08 pm said:

Naughty Dog dropping megatons. I knw you’re going to blow us away with Uncharted on PS4.

+ dragon_unleashed on November 14th, 2013 at 9:08 pm said:

Really really excited.. As I was when I saw the hint in the released European PS4 Launch trailer… With the store, Drake’s Antiques…
Made a post of it on 4thePlayers.nl and thought this n awesome, this could stir things up, then a few hours later you post the Uncharted teaser…

Couldn’t you have waited at least a day hahaha ha

Just kidding really excited for it though, when will the next announcements around Uncharted be made.. Around Christmas and release November next year? Hehe

Make it so it will blow peeps away.. You made it hard for yourselves by making high quality games.. The stakes are high, but Guerrilla Game made it possible, to top an awesome game and so can you!

+ Arne Meyer on November 14th, 2013 at 9:18 pm said:

Well, the European PS4 trailer had references to some games in it as a celebration to all what PlayStation has done — obviously Uncharted has a place, along with The Last of Us. I think we spotted a Crash silhouette in one of the street signs too. It was just too perfect (and entirely by coincidence) that the two videos came out so close to each other! We’ll do our best to blow you away!

+ wocyob on November 14th, 2013 at 9:10 pm said:

Cant wait for both! Iv played everything you guys made since you never failed me. Best company ever.

+ Arne Meyer on November 14th, 2013 at 9:21 pm said:

Everything? That’s impressive. Glad you think so highly of us!

+ insano_jaco on November 14th, 2013 at 9:10 pm said:

I want The Last Of Us multiplayer and this DLC on my PS4, who I need to talk to make it happen?

+ Arne Meyer on November 14th, 2013 at 9:22 pm said:

@yosp? Don’t tell him I sent you. Let him know what you want to see. ;)

+ Cybexx on November 14th, 2013 at 9:10 pm said:

Basing the DLC off the comic is a bit safer than I was hoping for, since we know how it starts (Comic) and we know how it ends (mentioned by Ellie in the game) but I’m still really excited to play it.

+ Arne Meyer on November 14th, 2013 at 9:23 pm said:

Ah, but just because you know what came before and what comes after, doesn’t mean the DLC won’t have some great story elements and even some surprises. It’s pretty darn swell when I last played a build here at the studio…

+ ps_n_blog_ac on November 14th, 2013 at 9:11 pm said:

Can’t wait!

As for TLOU i would really love for you guys to make a Joel and Tess DLC…. Tess is my favorite character :3 and i would really love to see how Tess and Joel have met each other. ( Judging by the art work from the artbook it was a rocky start XD)

!!!Uncharted!!!! <3

+ Arne Meyer on November 14th, 2013 at 9:25 pm said:

We’ll let the team know! I think we’ve started building a great fictional universe with lots of interesting characters, relationships, and potential in The Last of Us.

+ khknight on November 14th, 2013 at 9:13 pm said:

Im disappointed to be honest. Uncharted was the last game i wanted from you guys because the last one left such a bad taste in mouth.( worst one in the series imo)

I was really hoping for u guys to keep ur tradition and give us a new ip.

Or atleast make jak 4

I feel like you guys are losing some of your creativity. Making ultra realistic movie like linear games on after another, then when u have a chance to do something completely new, you go back to something you’ve already done.

What happen to making foreign worlds and characters that inspired wonder and creativity?

+ SeekAndDestroy80 on November 14th, 2013 at 9:14 pm said:

WOOOOO LOVE IT!!!! :) Uncharted is my favorite Franchise. Cant wait to hear more about it!! Also cant wait to play The Last of us DLC :)

+ Arne Meyer on November 14th, 2013 at 9:28 pm said:

Glad to hear you love it! We can’t wait either.

+ WheelchairMan1 on November 14th, 2013 at 9:15 pm said:

Naughty dog you’re just amazing. you never cease to amaze me a new Uncharted super excited keep up the great work.

+ Arne Meyer on November 14th, 2013 at 9:32 pm said:

Thanks! We’re doing our best!

+ betuo on November 14th, 2013 at 9:16 pm said:

WAIT

The Last of Us DLC is free with the Season Pass RIGTH?..
Because at the end of the trailer says “Reserve” and “Bonus material” ..

BTW I Love Uncharted, I’m getting a PS4 for Infamous SS and Uncharted :)

+ Arne Meyer on November 14th, 2013 at 9:34 pm said:

Yes, The Last of Us: Left Behind DLC *IS* included in the Season Pass.

+ CIausSanAndreas on November 14th, 2013 at 9:16 pm said:

Left Behind, ¡Come to me! ¿2013 or 2014? :O
UNCHARTED on PlayStation 4, oh my God…

+ PlayingwithFireX on November 14th, 2013 at 9:17 pm said:

Can’t wait for more info on Uncharted PS4, Francis Drake’s story?

+ Arne Meyer on November 14th, 2013 at 9:36 pm said:

We’re not saying anymore for a while. We’re going to let this mystery linger for a while. :)

+ Mobius2525 on November 14th, 2013 at 9:18 pm said:

Dear Naughty Dog: Shut Up and take My Money
(Pitches $60 at Computer Screen)

+ Arne Meyer on November 14th, 2013 at 9:37 pm said:

Thanks! ;)

+ Da_Almighty_Guy on November 14th, 2013 at 9:20 pm said:

Naughty Dog does it again.

Expect Naughty Paws 3.0 you guys. I’ll be sure to get right on it when Uncharted gets released. :)

+ Arne Meyer on November 14th, 2013 at 9:38 pm said:

Haha. Thanks for being so great for Naughty Paws to begin with. We really need to get more Dogs to play with you all.

+ PharmBoY044 on November 14th, 2013 at 9:20 pm said:

Yes! I love Uncharted. I just hope this isn’t a reboot. We want Nathan Drake to come back.

+ Aldro on November 14th, 2013 at 9:21 pm said:

Naughty Dog. Thank you, just.. thank you!!!

+ Arne Meyer on November 14th, 2013 at 9:38 pm said:

You’re welcome!

+ Shadow-Man_4 on November 14th, 2013 at 9:21 pm said:

You mean some stores already offer pre-orders for Uncharted PS4? I want to get a PS4 bundled with that.

+ Arne Meyer on November 14th, 2013 at 9:39 pm said:

Yes, you can find Uncharted and The Last of Us: Left Behind available for pre-order in some retailers.

+ LunaAria on November 14th, 2013 at 9:23 pm said:

So excited! Thank you Naughty Dog!

+ Arne Meyer on November 14th, 2013 at 9:41 pm said:

You’re welcome!

+ TheCraZyCloWn on November 14th, 2013 at 9:24 pm said:

SHUT UP…WHEN CAN I PREORDER UNCHARTED :) COME ON BESTBUY STEP IT UP

+ propelthis on November 14th, 2013 at 9:25 pm said:

Obviously Drake is back! I’m just hope Sony and Naughty Dog will use dedicated servers for Uncharted 4 multiplayer! I love Uncharted multiplayer but hate the lag and the glitches and the messed up leaderboard! Do us a favor and give us dedicated servers! I’ll be paying for the Plus pass, so improve the infrastructure!!! So, glad Drake is back!!!

+ angelspawn77 on November 14th, 2013 at 9:26 pm said:

I am super excited for both of the announcements, I got so freaking excited when I saw Uncharted! Please tell me that Nathan Drake is back! I know ND likes to start new franchises on new consoles, but I hope Uncharted continues with Nathan Drake on the PS4. I have a feeling that we may have a different main character on our hands though….hope I’m wrong.

+ Arne Meyer on November 14th, 2013 at 9:41 pm said:

Unfortunately, you’ll have to wait and see…

+ BlOod-HaWk on November 14th, 2013 at 9:27 pm said:

I’m so excited, I knew an Uncharted game would be coming to the PS4 naturally but to have it officially announced is so gratifying :)

+ auron2 on November 14th, 2013 at 9:27 pm said:

Is the protagonist Francis Drake? Or can we at least play as him? I know you cannot answer that but it just would be so great if a game would alternate between Nathan and Francis.

+ Arne Meyer on November 14th, 2013 at 9:42 pm said:

But you know I can’t answer! Why do you do this to me. :) Come back later sometime, when we can reveal more info.

+ LuiSpartanMIMIMI on November 14th, 2013 at 9:27 pm said:

I love you Naughty Dog!

Please keep you word about not doing any Uncharted without Nolan North/Nathan Drake. Nate is the face of PlayStation!

+ Arne Meyer on November 14th, 2013 at 9:43 pm said:

We love you too!

+ ClutchFactor8 on November 14th, 2013 at 9:30 pm said:

Its fine if you guys cant make a new jak, but still. I’m tired of these colorless games. I want a game with a vibrant world. Just like the good old ps2 platformer days.

+ Arne Meyer on November 14th, 2013 at 9:45 pm said:

I see. Well, I think we’ve made some really colorful worlds with both Uncharted and The Last of Us. They have their own unique elements of course — TLOU was a bit dark, but there was some great bright colors, the sunset lighting in Bill’s Town I always thought was amazing. The Uncharted games did that too — with the different environments and colorful cities. But we’ll keep that in mind as we build new worlds on a new platform, thanks for letting us know what you like.

+ BlOod-HaWk on November 14th, 2013 at 9:30 pm said:

NaughtyDog is just so godlike it’s crazy. Just like Uncharted 1,2 and 3 and The Last Of Us I can already tell that the new Uncharted will be groundbreaking. They never disappoint.

+ Arne Meyer on November 14th, 2013 at 9:45 pm said:

That’s what we’re hoping to achieve!

+ angelspawn77 on November 14th, 2013 at 9:31 pm said:

Oh and I hope Uncharted 4 releases sometime next year! If it does, I know it will be late next year, probably November, but the fact that no actual footage was shown makes me think that maybe it will be an early 2015 release, say it isn’t so ND! I want this game ASAP! ND has shown trailers at the Spike VGAs, hopefully we can see a little more? Maybe some characters or environments? I am just so excited to see what this game looks like, if Uncharted 2 and 3 looked amazing last gen, I cannot imagine what Uncharted 4 is gonna look like on PS4.

+ Notorious-_-47 on November 14th, 2013 at 9:31 pm said:

I need to know one thing that I’m sure you can answer positively. What is the trailer about? I’m bad at seeing things so id like you to describe it to me.

PAGE 1 2 3 4