GTAV PS4

Uncharted on PS4, The Last of Us: Left Behind DLC Revealed

Arne Meyer's Avatar + Posted by Arne Meyer on Nov 14, 2013 // Community Strategist, Naughty Dog

This has been an incredible week at Naughty Dog as we were getting ready for two major reveals – both of which blew up the Spike TV PS4 All Access launch extravaganza.

We premiered our first teaser trailer for The Last of Us: Left Behind, a single-player DLC campaign coming early next year. But we weren’t done with announcements quite yet; we had one more treat for our fans – a teaser video that confirms we are working on an Uncharted game on the PlayStation 4 system!

Check out teaser trailer for The Last of Us: Left Behind

Check out the teaser for Uncharted – voiced by a mysterious character-– below.

We also provided a little bit more information about both our announcements during the Spike TV PS4 All Access show, which we’ve posting below. Get excited!

Naughty Dog Reveal, 02

The Last of Us: Left Behind is Naughty Dog’s first ever single-player DLC. BruceNeil, and the rest of the team are getting close to wrapping work on this new campaign, which will meet the quality and gameplay what you’ve come to expect with The Last of Us, along with a few surprises.

She’s back! Ashley Johnson reprises her role as Ellie in The Last of Us: Left Behind single-player DLC. Left Behind takes place while Ellie is attending a military boarding school in the Boston quarantine zone, prior to meeting Joel and the events in the main campaign of The Last of Us.

In just a few short months since the release of The Last of Us, you have made it clear that Ellie has become one of your favorite characters in games. Today, we’re excited to confirm that you play as Ellie throughout the entirety of Left Behind.

Joining Ellie on this new adventure is Riley, her best friend and also a mentor of sorts at the military boarding school. Just as The Last of Us focused on the bond between Ellie and Joel, Left Behind explores the bond between Ellie and Riley through a series of events that will forever change both of their lives.

Bringing Riley to life through our performance capture process is the talented Yaani King, who we had the pleasure of working with on the DLC.

If you just can’t wait until the DLC drops to get more of The Last of Us, go out immediately and read the Dark Horse comic series, The Last of Us: American Dreams – which is conveniently available in the recently released paperback collection. I cannot recommend this series enough and it’s even more relevant now, as in the comic you will learn more about how Ellie and Riley first became friends, giving you even more insight into Ellie’s story in The Last of Us universe. And it’s also just plain great!

The Last of Us: Left Behind will be releasing in early 2014 – we will announce a specific date as soon as we iron out all the details. The awesome news is that Left Behind is included in the The Last of Us Season Pass, which also includes a ton of multiplayer DLC, and is the best deal you can get for all the DLC content we’ve planned to release – over 75% worth of savings compared to buying all the DLC separately. If you’re only interested in the single-player DLC, you can pre-order it starting November 19 on the PlayStation Store for $14.99.

We’ve also got the polaroid image for The Last of Us: Left Behind in convenient wallpaper sizes. Get them now!

Naughty Dog Reveal, 01

We have great news for all our Uncharted fans – Amy, Justin, and the team are hard at work on an amazing new installment of the Uncharted series to be released exclusively on the PlayStation 4 system. Our goal is to continue what we’ve done in previous console generations and once again deliver the best in storytelling, performance capture, technical innovation and graphics on the PS4. We can confirm that the voiceover is performed by Todd Stashwick and he will play a character in the game.

There isn’t much more we can say right now about The Last of Us: Left Behind and even less about our Uncharted project, but feel free to let us know what you think in the comments below. Believe me – we can’t wait to shed more light on both of these projects to our fans.

+ TubaDude49 on November 14th, 2013 at 9:31 pm said:

That response was a surprisingly straight forward “never going to happen”. I guess I’ll have to give up hope for Jak 4. It was a fantastic series with great writing and gameplay. Jak II tops the list of my all time favorite games.

Though, reading those articles you mentioned, I can’t seem to understand why the project was cancelled. They say that the team felt the settings and gameplay deviated too far from the rest of the series to fit in, but I really liked the dramatic difference between the Precursor Legacy and II. 3 was still a great game, but a lot of it felt rehashed from II. The best part of the series was going through those dramatic changes.

I just feel that Uncharted had a satisfying conclusion, while Jak 3′s ending was just the beginning. There’s so much potential to introduce fantastical worlds and intriguing plot-lines during Jak’s travels through time and space to become the hero of legend he discovered he was that I hate to see the series abandoned.

I know I shouldn’t get worked up, I’ve loved every single game of yours, and I’m sure I’ll like whatever you have planned next. I’m just going to miss Dax and his sidekick. ;)

+ Arne Meyer on November 14th, 2013 at 9:48 pm said:

We can’t ever say it’s *never* going to happen, because who knows what the future has in store for us. When I started at Naughty Dog just before Uncharted 2, nobody at the studio would have ever expected us to not only create two teams, but make a Mature rated title. All I’m saying is that we tried, but right now, a next Jak isn’t in the cards. Frankly, it’s really great to hear how much you have enjoyed the Jak series and how much thought you put into them. You all really are some of the best fans we could hope for!

+ ain1001 on November 14th, 2013 at 9:31 pm said:

OMG I was waiting for the last of us and uncharted !
I’ve played both too many times
I guess I have played the last of us 6 times or more .. I want more of ellie and joul
I’m just so excited and I really can’t wait for them
I’ve played the uncharted 2 and uncharted 3 , both are amazing !!
I LOVE YOUR GAMES SO MUCH

+ Arne Meyer on November 14th, 2013 at 9:54 pm said:

Aww, thanks so much! We’re so glad to hear you enjoy our games that much.

+ wjang on November 14th, 2013 at 9:32 pm said:

Uncharted on PS4! Couldn’t be happier. Île Sainte-Marie, the island of pirates! I’m guessing we’re going to explore the legend of The Flying Dutchman!

+ NoPity_21 on November 14th, 2013 at 9:32 pm said:

Yes uncharted I have platnumed all the uncharted even the PS vita uncharted can’t wait for the ps4

+ portu-italy_boy on November 14th, 2013 at 9:38 pm said:

More news at the VGAs?? I’m hoping so, lol..

+ TriP6963 on November 14th, 2013 at 9:40 pm said:

I seriously love The Last of Us’s single player game… it’s my favorite story in the last generation (weird saying that about the PS3). Looking forward to the the single player DLC. Haven’t played online for a long time but I’ll give Last of Us a shot…
Will probably wait to get the PS4 for awhile (don’t have the money and it hasn’t got a release date in India). Will start saving though… so that I’m in time for the new Uncharted… don’t think i will have enough money for a bit, so seriously take your time and make a killer game.
Don’t know why I’m posting this but always really loved the Uncharted series and just got through the story in Last of Us and was blown away.
So thank you and looking forward to your new stuff!

+ TheCraZyCloWn on November 14th, 2013 at 9:41 pm said:

The Last of Us on PS4 BUT MAKE THE STORY A LONG ONE AND SCARIER WITH MORE WOW MOMENTS

+ Arne Meyer on November 14th, 2013 at 9:59 pm said:

Ha! We’ll let everyone know about your request!

+ FutureShocked on November 14th, 2013 at 9:43 pm said:

As soon as a collectors edition is confirmed im off to pre order it

+ Welmosca on November 14th, 2013 at 9:44 pm said:

Nooooo ND please dont do this to me…please no….dont force me to buy the unnecessary PS4….thats not fair….please no…Uncharted will force me to buy a PS4.Oh man I’m lost.

On another hand…what a fantastic news these details about TLoU side-story DLC….looks really incredible….no Joel but at least we’ll have Ellie….thats really awesome….cant wait to find out how she was bitten.My season pass is waiting.

PS:Please let Bruce Straley direct this new Uncharted.

+ Arne Meyer on November 14th, 2013 at 10:02 pm said:

Oh, I’m sorry about that… well, not really ;) We hope to see you on PS4 when we release Uncharted, and hope you enjoy! We feel this single-player DLC is the bees-knees for sure. Many of our fans have wanted more Ellie, and it just fit to explore more about her story. We hope you enjoy – and thanks for your support as a Season Pass holder!

+ JadeBev on November 14th, 2013 at 9:50 pm said:

Well crap, now I have to go buy a PS4! Oh, well I know it will be worth it once Uncharted comes along! Can’t wait!!!

+ noob365 on November 14th, 2013 at 9:53 pm said:

@khknight

not even the first day of the new console generation
and you are already disappoint

well that didn’t last long

you had to know Sony would want to bring the uncharted series to the ps4
also, your disappointment in UC3 makes me wonder about your taste.

how you didn’t find wonder and inspiration in the shipyard is beyond me.
sorry for your dissapoint
methinks you may want to learn to appreciate what you do get
and trust them to bring us new IP when they are ready.
we JUST got the last of us.
some people are just never satisfied I guess

ND, thank you for continuing to do what you’ve done so well.
UC3 was the pinnacle of the series for me
after a stellar 2nd entry
and the last of us is a marvel in it’s own right
was a treat to play such a well realized game with such interesting and different gameplay (sp & mp) than we were used to from ND.

keep on keepin’ on guys.

+ ClutchFactor8 on November 14th, 2013 at 9:53 pm said:

Thanks for replying. I appreciate it.

+ Arne Meyer on November 14th, 2013 at 9:56 pm said:

No problem – it’s always a pleasure to chat with you all :)

+ Shadow-Man_4 on November 14th, 2013 at 10:05 pm said:

Release it in 2014!

+ platinum4490 on November 14th, 2013 at 10:05 pm said:

Today you will be with me in paradise….Libertatia….Maybe something to do with the Holy Lance….

Needless to say we are all very excited and cannot wait to see more.

+ JiGSaW918 on November 14th, 2013 at 10:06 pm said:

YES!!!! I know I’ll be buying a PS4 when Uncharted comes out!!! …and taking that day off work…

+ DopeMunky3 on November 14th, 2013 at 10:09 pm said:

I honestly have a good idea of what this game will have in store for us, including who the mysterious voice is. But I’ll wait for more info on the game, just please tell me if it’ll be out in 2 years or less PLEASE!!!!!

+ Demon_child145 on November 14th, 2013 at 10:10 pm said:

Cant wait for the DLC for last of us. And OMG Uncharted 4 i cannot wait for this, so god damn excited.

+ Arne Meyer on November 14th, 2013 at 10:34 pm said:

I know – we can’t be any more excited to give you more stuff to play!

+ Gildino2 on November 14th, 2013 at 10:11 pm said:

Huge fan of Naughty Dog and especially the Uncharted series. We really only need TWO things: Nathan Drake and Nolan North!

+ Grim_Reaper80 on November 14th, 2013 at 10:11 pm said:

Another Uncharted Sign me up I’m a huge fan of the series and what Naughty Dog has done. I love what the did with The Last of Us. Each game they tackle something new and haven’t disappointed me yet. I’m already for the pre-sale announcement so I can pre-order it. The wait will be totally worth it can’t wait to see Nathan and the gang in next gen gaming graphics.

+ againes on November 14th, 2013 at 10:13 pm said:

I’m so hyped for this dlc! Will Ellie’s story have trophies? I hope there’s plenty. Please answer ND! :)

+ Arne Meyer on November 14th, 2013 at 10:34 pm said:

More info coming! Stay tuned.

+ Stringer2355 on November 14th, 2013 at 10:14 pm said:

Uncharted Trilogy Pack coming ? All DLC, All Soundtracks/Scores, etc

+ Arne Meyer on November 14th, 2013 at 10:35 pm said:

That would be pretty great wouldn’t it? We’ll let some folks know and see what we can do.

+ solo013 on November 14th, 2013 at 10:15 pm said:

Just when I’m really down from missing out on being able to get a PS4 the new Uncharted is announced. I have to find a PS4 immediately now. lol

+ atokad62 on November 14th, 2013 at 10:23 pm said:

So much love and respect for Naughty Dog. Everything you do is perfection! The Uncharted series were magnificent, and The Last of Us is such an emotionally gripping game (it was the first time I actually cried during a game). Thank you for making games. Scratch that, not games. Art. You guys create art. You’ll always have my continued support!

+ Arne Meyer on November 14th, 2013 at 10:35 pm said:

Thanks so much!

+ CloudsRPGmaester on November 14th, 2013 at 10:29 pm said:

Surprised no one else has asked this yet (at least not from what I saw from scanning), but approximately how long will The Last of Us DLC be, compared to the main campaign? I’d guess anywhere from 25% to 50% as long, but I was wondering if you guys could throw some vague guest-imate at me in that regard.

+ Arne Meyer on November 14th, 2013 at 10:36 pm said:

Sorry – we won’t be able to share those details yet. We’ll talk more about story length and what to expect sometime before release when the ball gets rolling on more reveals for the DLC.

+ YoruAzeniaSIC on November 14th, 2013 at 10:29 pm said:

While id be lying if I said I wasnt hoping you guys would follow tradition and start an all new franchise for the new console I do love Uncharted and am looking forward to seeing more :D You guys over at Naughty Dog are easily my favorite game developers ^^ After all I grew up with your games from Crash, to Jak, to Drake you guys are the No# 1 reason to play on Playstation keep up the excellent work :D

+ BBurgSteve on November 14th, 2013 at 10:38 pm said:

Hopefully, I’ll be able to log into my PS4 before Uncharted released for it… ugh.

+ dodgedoors on November 14th, 2013 at 10:41 pm said:

If I read Arne’s reply to @24 I think he just teased us that a new crash is coming soon. Am I right?

+ Arne Meyer on November 15th, 2013 at 12:52 am said:

Haha! We still do have a soft spot for Crash — but he’s off in the Activision stable. Up to them to decide what to do with him!

+ IrRH on November 14th, 2013 at 10:41 pm said:

damn… I really need to finish Uncharted 2 and get my hands on The Last of Us. thanks for the motivation to get caught up.

+ SPOPS on November 14th, 2013 at 10:41 pm said:

This is by far the most AMAZING news that I could have hoped for. Uncharted has become my favorite franchise in playstation history, and that makes Naughty Dog my favorite developer.

Thank you!!!

+ Arne Meyer on November 15th, 2013 at 12:51 am said:

You’re welcome!

+ dodgedoors on November 14th, 2013 at 10:42 pm said:

I meant to say if I read that reply correctly.

+ waldowalso on November 14th, 2013 at 10:47 pm said:

“Today, we’re excited to confirm that you play as Ellie throughout the entirety of Left Behind.”

SO AWESOME!! Its exactly the direction I was hoping they would take the SP DLC and I couldn’t be any happier. Way to go Naughty Dog!!! I can’t wait to play it.

+ Arne Meyer on November 15th, 2013 at 12:52 am said:

Yay! Glad to hear you are excited by being able to play as Ellie for the whole DLC. This was a big deal for us and we’re happy to finally reveal that tidbit.

+ iZalman007 on November 14th, 2013 at 10:58 pm said:

A shame you guys didn’t succeed when trying to make Jak 4 since I would love to see another game in that series, but I’m still excited for Uncharted and I can’t wait to see more.

+ WheelchairMan1 on November 14th, 2013 at 11:00 pm said:

Taking one from the history books naughty dog with this next uncharted? Sir Francis Drake.

+ DION3TO on November 14th, 2013 at 11:02 pm said:

Awesome!!!!! Huge news and I am sooooooooooo excited for both TLoU single player DLC and UNCHARTED on the PS4. YESSS!!!

Thank you so much Naughty Dog and Sony for making it possible! U guys rock worlds and that’s the why you are the best in the gaming industry!

Now let me shut up and take my money in advance! LOLOL

+ medenko1975 on November 14th, 2013 at 11:05 pm said:

U4 only on PS4?

Thanks for info about TLOU DLC…..bought SEASON PASS :)

+ Arne Meyer on November 15th, 2013 at 2:53 am said:

Yes, the Uncharted title will be on PS4 exclusively.

+ Andy_Crop on November 14th, 2013 at 11:06 pm said:

The Naughty Dogs are such a big part of my life as a gamer, that I even talked about them during my middle school last oral test(2002).
Because they’re awesome.
F’ing awesome.

+ Lithium1337 on November 14th, 2013 at 11:07 pm said:

Hey Arne and ND,

I just wanted to quickly give you my utmost thank you. I’ve grown up with your games beginning with Crash 1 and you still retain your extremely high level of quality. I loved your games as a child and I love them as an adult. Very excited to try Uncharted on PS4 and anything else you’re bringing to the system in the future. You rock.

+ Arne Meyer on November 15th, 2013 at 2:54 am said:

Aw, we’re flattered! Community members like you rock too! It’s really great to have awesome fans like you.

+ SUPEREST97 on November 14th, 2013 at 11:07 pm said:

hey, so psyched to hear about Uncharted 4, you guys are the best, like i actually legit love you haha… how long will The Last of Us single player dlc be? Please Please Please continue with The Last of Us series… you guys are awesome at somehow making epic games even better in the sequel!!! <3

+ Arne Meyer on November 15th, 2013 at 2:55 am said:

We’ll provide more details about The Last of Us: Left Behind closer to launch.

+ medenko1975 on November 14th, 2013 at 11:15 pm said:

yes please continue TLOU series….i would even pre-order and pay you in advance :)

+ Blackmagic316 on November 14th, 2013 at 11:16 pm said:

This may sound like a stupid question, but is Left behind only on PS3 or is it on PS3 and PS4?

+ Arne Meyer on November 15th, 2013 at 2:59 am said:

The Left Behind DLC goes with The Last of Us, which is a PS3 game. So only on PS3.

+ lmaoaylin on November 14th, 2013 at 11:36 pm said:

Blackmagic316, Left Behind would be on PS3 for it is only Downloadable Content (DLC) for TLoU. (:
Unless Naughty Dog confirmed that TLoU will be on PS4, then they would of carried it for both.

+ CheckUrBackSeat on November 14th, 2013 at 11:44 pm said:

Veeery nice! But I got one request: Could you PLEASE do a split-screen coop mode? For at least one of these two awesome announcements? I hate it when games don’t have a split-screen multiplayer mode, nevertheless, the Last of Us is by far the best game I’ve ever played and I really hope for a whole sequel to come! Uncharted, of course, comes just second after The Last of Us in my favorite games. I liked the split-screen option in Uncharted 3 multiplayer, so please do at least something like that. But coop-story (split-screen) would make me sooooo happy :) It doesn’t even have to be split-screen but I just love to play games with friends PERSONALLY and not through the PSN. So maybe there’s also a possibility to do this without doing split-screen, I don’t know, I just hope there will be something!
Still, you’re the best guys ever! The world of video-games would not be the same without you! A lot emptier to me… ;)

+ Arne Meyer on November 15th, 2013 at 3:01 am said:

Thanks for the awesome words. We love co-op gaming as well, one of the reasons we focused a lot of effort on it when working on Uncharted 3. Unfortunately that’s just something that won’t work with the main campaign for The Last of Us — to do co-op story. We’ve marked down your request though to keep in mind for the future!

+ viceforce on November 14th, 2013 at 11:48 pm said:

ummm I coud’ve sworn The Last of Us Single Player DLC was going to focus on Joel and Tommy and the events after the outbreak. I Love Ellie and all but I was really more interested on the events on Y Tommy said to Joel “I don’t ever want to see your goddamn face again”.

+ Arne Meyer on November 15th, 2013 at 3:04 am said:

Ah, no – sorry! What’s great about reading the comments here and around the internet is that it seems we’ve created a great fictional universe with enough interesting characters and details to the relationships between them that there seems to be a unique story that everyone wants us to explore further.

+ so-knee on November 14th, 2013 at 11:57 pm said:

Uncharted PS4 – 2015

+ Jack-NG on November 15th, 2013 at 12:00 am said:

Greetings from Germany and http://www.Next-Gamer.de. Naughty Dog are the best developers. Followd up by Sony Santa Monica. It’s great to hear about the next Uncharted. I knew it! :)

+ so-knee on November 15th, 2013 at 12:10 am said:

Uncharted PS4 – FALL 2015…maybe Spring 2016?

+ Spacerac on November 15th, 2013 at 12:20 am said:

Over 15 years ago in 1997, a seven year old kid-that’d be me-received a PlayStation with Crash Bandicoot 2 as his very first video game ever, for Christmas. The rest is history. Can’t wait to buy myself a PS4 to play the next Uncharted!

+ KiD_rus on November 15th, 2013 at 12:21 am said:

Ahahahahahaha, ooooh my god. I just wake up with a BIG hangover after last night’s live show. All beaten up and stuff, and BOOM, new Uncharted. Ho-ly-shyt. This is just great. And seems like there’s gonna be good story, because first time in series you releasing first teaser with a villain…

+ Nic088208 on November 15th, 2013 at 12:24 am said:

TLoU DLC… I was wondering when that season pass would pay off. I knew ND wouldn’t let me down. But I have to say UNCHARTED!!!!!!!! Thats what I have been waiting for. For those who keep asking about if Drake will return… I don’t think Amy and the team would take him away and Nolan North loves his character. The voice over sounds to villainous to be the hero of that game. I am sure Drake will return. Even if its a prequel (Uncharted it didn’t say Uncharted 4 part 1 was Drakes Fourtune). Thanx Amy!!

+ creepybeaver3981 on November 15th, 2013 at 12:35 am said:

will the dlc be accessed from the main menu or will it be put into the main story ?