PS4-The Order

Super Motherload Out Today on PS4

Skye Boyes's Avatar + Posted by Skye Boyes on Nov 15, 2013 // CEO and Founder, XGen Studios

Super Motherload, 02

With the launch of Super Motherload and PS4 today, we count ourselves lucky to be among the small number of indie games available at launch, helping to make good on Sony’s promise to support innovation from small teams. What we don’t push in polygons, we hope to make up in truly social gameplay experiences that keep drawing you back. For the next puzzle, the next Special Upgrade, and of course your next grudge-match against pals.

One unique PS4 feature we didn’t have space to mention in our last post is Super Motherload’s use of the Activity Feed. As certain events unfold in Super Motherload, such as the untimely and permanent death of your hard-won upgraded character at the hands of fuel depletion in Hardcore mode, the activity feed will broadcast notification of your controller-hurtling rage to your friends on PSN. Other, more celebratory activity feed posts include the acquisition of Special Abilities and Character Unlocks.

Super Motherload, 04Super Motherload, 01

There has also been quite a bit of interest in the soundtrack for Super Motherload since our last post. We’re pleased to announce that we’ve decided to stream the entire soundtrack on YouTube for free (with digital download & a vinyl edition also forthcoming). You can check out the entire soundtrack here.

Super Motherload’s soundtrack is an electronic score written by Eric Cheng, inspired by sci-fi / horror movie themes and synth-pop hooks. Eric is an Edmonton-based producer who has worked with artists like Mac DeMarco, Coeur de Pirate, and Michael Rault. He’s a member of electronic pop artist Born Gold’s touring band, and also toured with Grimes in early 2012 during her North American Visions tour.

We hope you’ll make Super Motherload one of your titles on Launch Day!

19 Comments

+ djchu on November 15th, 2013 at 3:06 pm said:

Reminds me of High School. Played the heck out of this and Flip Words lol

+ kivi95 on November 15th, 2013 at 3:24 pm said:

Looks like a really fun 4 player game! But darn what’s up with all the $15 priced games :/ or even worse Trine 2 at $20!

+ LeanFuture on November 15th, 2013 at 3:28 pm said:

Super hyped about this! Downloading now first thing out of the box. Killzone & Knack can wait. :)

+ LokeSTL on November 15th, 2013 at 3:58 pm said:

Would be nice to have an explanation about what is going on with the PSN//SEN. Could we get a blog post concerning this issue please?

+ togue on November 15th, 2013 at 4:26 pm said:

that’s great, but we can’t log in to get it

+ LeanFuture on November 15th, 2013 at 5:41 pm said:

Had problems logging in at first but its working for me now

+ sharinganmor92 on November 15th, 2013 at 6:51 pm said:

I just wish that the movies I bought would be downloaded to my console instead of streamed I bought the hd versions of pacific rim and some bobs burgers episodes and I cant watch them without them looking like crud I paid for hd movies not terribly streamed movies

P.s. I enjoy the heck out of all the games I have though resogun rules

+ CommandingTiger on November 15th, 2013 at 9:43 pm said:

Don’t update your PS4 using a USB stick. Do it from the PS4 itself.
Otherwise, if you get your firmware update from a PC, it may corrupt your file.
Sony, please let the PS4 connect only to the PSN for firmware update.
You should know by now that Microsoft will try everything they can to destroy you.
Either way, make sure you make a good firmware update really soon that will fix everything and all those issues.

+ REDSHADOW559 on November 15th, 2013 at 11:08 pm said:

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

+ ShadowX–777 on November 16th, 2013 at 1:43 am said:

Guys, the Network is just overloaded with how many of us are dying to play the socks off our new consoles. It’ll calm down soon enough. There are calmer gaps in the day, atleast- in the meantime.

+ dkarlowicz10 on November 16th, 2013 at 6:06 am said:

This would be awesome on the vita on the go where one has no remote play access

+ BANDICOOTKING on November 16th, 2013 at 9:11 am said:

I’m interested in this because of nostalgia, but I can’t justify paying more than $8-10 on an hd remake of a free game, no matter how much content is added. Especially with minecraft on PS4 and Minecraft and terraria on the vita just around the corner.

+ wallpaper42 on November 16th, 2013 at 2:46 pm said:

I played the original game so much in middle school. Having this as a launch title is a very pleasant surprise. super fun and addicting, I recommend anybody to go play the original on miniclip if you haven’t. You’ll get hooked and then probably buy this.

+ herbalsticky on November 17th, 2013 at 2:18 am said:

Would’ve purchased if it was online 4-player.

+ liammill18 on November 17th, 2013 at 7:02 am said:

Finished the game yesterday, had an absolutely amazing time. Definitely took me back a few years! Kudos to Xgen, and good luck to the whole team on your future projects!

+ MatheusRuggeri on November 17th, 2013 at 8:15 am said:

Someone Please:

I have Playstation Plus subscription but when I try buy free games in store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com , the sistem show me the normal price.

How can I solve this?

+ saintaqua on November 18th, 2013 at 10:15 am said:

I’m definitely not trying to be negative or mean, but there’s just no way I am paying $15 for games like this. I love Indies but the majority should be $1-$10.

+ hopperj6 on November 18th, 2013 at 7:57 pm said:

15-20 dollars for indie games ridiculous. You can get Trine 2 on the pc right now for 80% off. The prices in general are a joke compared to pc gaming. NBA 2K14 for 60 dollars? A digital download for the pc is 20. Greatness awaits!

+ mr_krispy_kreme on November 19th, 2013 at 1:35 am said:

I played this game as soon as it was released. I wasn’t expecting it to be as addicting as it was! Super Motherload is definitely an interesting title. Plus, the multiplayer functionality only increases the ways it can be enjoyed. It was great!