Uncharted 4

Farming Simulator Out Tomorrow on PS3

Thomas Frey's Avatar + Posted by Thomas Frey on Nov 18, 2013 // Art Director and Co-owner, GIANTS Software

Back in 2007 when we started to work on the first version of Farming Simulator, no one at GIANTS Software would have expected to have this huge success. This week, the success story continues with the launch of Farming Simulator in the United States. We at GIANTS are very proud of the fact that Farming Simulator has finally arrived on consoles. As a developer, it was always our dream to release our game on the platform where high-profile games like GTA, Uncharted, and Gran Turismo live.

With the console version, we’re bringing a whole new experience to Farming Simulator. Besides the European setting, we’ve created an entirely new American world. Inspired by typical American farms, this new and monumental terrain represents a total change of scene, with new locations, fresh development opportunities for your farm, and even bigger fields suitable for the largest agricultural machinery available.

Farming Simulator also offers new vehicles, providing a huge selection of equipment the player may use and drive to develop their farm. These vehicles, from famous constructors such as Case IH, Deutz, Lamborghini, Krone, and Horsch, will allow you to complete your tasks with increased efficiency… most notably on the new environment and its large fields.

Farming Simulator on PS3

Farming Simulator on PS3Farming Simulator on PS3

We’ve added new elements like first-person mode, open world gameplay, and intuitive controls to improve the overall experience. By simplifying the gameplay, we’re able to reach a wider audience of players which would never be possible with a complex, hardcore simulation game.

Besides the gameplay, we knew since the beginning about the importance of a gaming community. Only with a big and dedicated user community is it possible to keep a game alive year after year. This brings in another important feature of Farming Simulator: its great modding capabilities. Right from the beginning, it was possible to modify the game by, for example, creating and adding new machines to the game or modifying the game world.

Farming Simulator on PS3

Farming Simulator on PS3 will also benefit from additional content that will add new vehicles to renew and extend the incredible experience provided by the game. We’re happy that we’re allowed to release some of the best mods as downloadable content.

Farming Simulator is out tomorrow for $29.99. Grab your controller, build up your farm, and face the challenges of a modern farmer. Don’t hesitate to visit our official website if you need some more info!

22 Comments

+ MrBeens on November 18th, 2013 at 12:44 pm said:

Yay?

+ PanTheMan16 on November 18th, 2013 at 12:52 pm said:

Sweet! After playing Euro Truck Simulator 2 on PC, I have been very interested in these types of games and have been eyeing Farming Simulator on Steam for quite a while. However, I was hoping for a console release someday, but now I have a PS4 so I’m afraid I’ll be passing on this one. Is there any chance that a Farming Simulator will make it to PS4 in the future? Maybe in 2014? I’d probably buy that day 1. :)

+ Zeemmarax on November 18th, 2013 at 12:55 pm said:

Congratz guys! Glad you could make your dreams come true!

+ TenaciousQC on November 18th, 2013 at 12:59 pm said:

Excellent :)
Is there any chance that a Farming Simulator will make it to PS4 in the future?
please

+ camwarren on November 18th, 2013 at 1:11 pm said:

When are more PS4′s gonna be available to purchase???????? There sold out everywhere (Gamestop, Walmart, Best Buy etc). I’m trying to purchase one before Thanksgiving.

+ mallhall on November 18th, 2013 at 1:14 pm said:

I was lucky. Some how the video store got copies of the game before it was released. I rented it and its great!!. HOPEFULLY GIANT WILL RELEASE MORE SIMULATOR GAMES IN THE FUTURE.

+ PainOfSarrow on November 18th, 2013 at 1:27 pm said:

$29.99… looks gangster but il go nomore then 15 on this.

+ EvilAbdy on November 18th, 2013 at 1:27 pm said:

Hay! This game is no bull. (Yes I’m going to milk this post for a ton of farm jokes so don’t bail on me now)

This is GOTY the year right here. It’ll help you bring home the bacon. It’s the gritty Harvest Moon we’ve all been waiting for. Don’t chicken out.

Will there be a demo?

+ Hooligantuan on November 18th, 2013 at 2:13 pm said:

HOO DAWGY, I am so rootin’ tootin’ hollerin’ and hootin’ to simulate some FARMING!

Simulated sweet corn, here I come!

+ Ejsponge61 on November 18th, 2013 at 2:24 pm said:

I’m just happy games like this exist.

+ Manifest37 on November 18th, 2013 at 2:35 pm said:

This is great and all, but what everyone really wants is a Yard-Work Simulator.

+ Dayhalk on November 18th, 2013 at 2:42 pm said:

Do you guys know if this is going to include online multiplayer, loved playing with friends.

+ Rezolution77 on November 18th, 2013 at 2:59 pm said:

$29.99 , really ? ……..(lol).

Don’t get me wrong, I have played all sorts of time wasters, but they at least have deceived me into thinking it would be fun.

And occasionally they were right.

But $29.99, really ?

+ Enigmatech on November 18th, 2013 at 3:15 pm said:

How come the Vita version has a platinum trophy but the PS3 version doesn’t???

+ Sevyne on November 18th, 2013 at 3:15 pm said:

Corn-shot. No scope.

+ KingDubin on November 18th, 2013 at 5:13 pm said:

CAN SOMEBODY AT PS BLOG OR SCEA PLEASE CONFIRM IF GRAN TURISMO 6 IS GOING TO BE A DAY 1 DIGITAL DL IN NORTH AMERICA LIKE IT IS IN THE REST OF THE WORLD? IT’S REALLY ODD OF YOU GUYS THAT YOU ARE REMAINING SILENT ON THIS ISSUE. PLEASE CONFIRM EITHER WAY.

THANK YOU.

Randy

+ jimmyfoxhound on November 18th, 2013 at 5:15 pm said:

Nice, I’m always down for trying out quirky games! I’ll def check it out!

+ mikerocks1234 on November 18th, 2013 at 5:38 pm said:

i am not sure what to say ,but its wired that there is a audiences for this if your going to clone part of gta 5 i would take a city with building and create a sims like game with social interactions and minor killing options.

+ KingDubin on November 18th, 2013 at 8:58 pm said:

CAN SOMEBODY AT PS BLOG/SCEA PLEASE CONFIRM IF GRAN TURISMO 6 IS GOING TO BE A DAY 1 DIGITAL DL IN NORTH AMERICA? I’M ONLY ASKING B/C IT’S ALREADY BEEN CONFIRMED FOR THE REST OF THE WORLD AND I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THERE ARE MANY GT FANS THAT WOULD LIKE TO HEAR THIS NEWS. PLEASE LET US KNOW EITHER WAY, OR EVEN PM ME ON PSN.

THANK YOU.

Randy

+ jose90mp on November 19th, 2013 at 12:51 am said:

I have enough “farming” games lol

+ Major_Hoare on November 19th, 2013 at 7:10 am said:

@0:41

BREED YOUR CATTLE!!!

+ bmrskate on November 19th, 2013 at 7:54 pm said:

I’ve only tended a garden, taken care of trees, and some normal yard work, but for some reason I’m really interested and curious about Farming Simulator. Maybe some of that is from Harvest Moon…

Is this being released on disc format?