PlayStation Music

Nov 22

Black Friday 2013

Black Friday Deals for PS3, PS Vita, and PS Plus

Crystal MacKenzie's Avatar Posted by Crystal MacKenzie on Nov 22, 2013 // Brand Marketing Manager, Hardware

November has been a huge month for PlayStation, and there’s never been a better time to join PlayStation Nation. We’ve got some incredible Black Friday deals for PS3, PS Vita, PS Plus and more, to keep November going strong.

We’re putting two of the most popular PS3 titles of 2013 together to bring you the PS3 Black Friday Bundle for only $199 (MSRP). This bundle includes a 250GB PS3, Batman Arkham Origins, and The Last of Us — one of the highest-rated games of the year. That’s $165 worth of savings.

So Black Friday is the perfect time to pick up a PS3, and we’re continuing to bring you great content on the platform. Gran Turismo 6, the latest entry in one of the most popular franchises in PlayStation history, will launch exclusively on PS3 on December 6th. Not to mention blockbusters like Grand Theft Auto V, Call of Duty: Ghosts, Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag, Battlefield 4…

Black Friday Deals

PS Vita

It’s also a great time to pick up a PS Vita, so you can play Tearaway — which launched today to stellar reviews — and recent hits like Killzone Mercenary, Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition, and Spelunky.

PS Vita is the ultimate companion device for PS4 through key features like Remote Play, letting gamers play most PS4 titles on their PS Vita via Wi-Fi on their home network, freeing up the television for other uses. Check out the various deals below:

PS Plus

There will also be a special Black Friday deal for PlayStation Plus at select retailers nationwide. Pick up 1 year of PS Plus for only $29.99* — that’s 40% off the regular price of $49.99. With PS Plus, you’ll get new games every month with Instant Game Collection. You’ll also get access to online multiplayer on the PS4 system. Best of all, one membership will cover you across your PS4, PS3, and PS Vita… for just $29.99* on Black Friday only.

*Limit 2 per person, per purchase. Offer valid 11/29/13 only, while supplies last.

PlayStation Plus Update 11-26-2013

Available on the SEN Web Store

Game Title Original Price Sale Price Discount %
BioShock Infinite 39.99 13.99 65%
Dead Pool + Merc Pack DLC 49.99 24.99 50%
Saints Row IV 59.99 29.99 50%
Last of Us 59.99 39.99 33%
God Of War: Ascension 39.99 19.99 50%
Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Blacklist 59.99 29.99 50%
Rayman Legends 59.99 29.99 50%
Rayman Legends Vita 35.99 17.99 50%
Diablo III 59.99 39.99 33%

Black Friday is a huge day to pick up games at great prices. First-party games like The Last of Us and Beyond: Two Souls will be available for $39.99 each (additional days and savings at some retailers). Check your local retailers for additional deals on more than 20 first-party titles.

There will also be special pricing available for DualShock 3 wireless controllers at select retailers nationwide. Check your local retailers for pricing and availability.

These deals won’t be around for long, so mark your calendar for next Friday and get ready to rake in the savings. Have a happy holiday, PlayStation Nation!

PAGE 1 9 10 11

+ CrispyCanuk on November 29th, 2013 at 10:10 am said:

Or rather rayman legends WOULD be on my vita if the damn store didn’t keep on bugging out on me….its in my cart sony, let me PAY FOR IT!!!!

+ CrispyCanuk on November 29th, 2013 at 10:12 am said:

And for the Canadians out there, you can buy the code on, just have to give a fake USbilling address. Did that this morning. Not the ideal solution obviously but if nothing comes up by the end of the day, you will probably be able to get it there still.

+ VanguardFate on November 29th, 2013 at 10:12 am said:

So just putting 9 games on sale is enough to break PSN?

+ boxie3 on November 29th, 2013 at 10:15 am said:

Got it from That’s the only way for Canadians so far.
Do it fast while available!

+ GGCAN on November 29th, 2013 at 10:15 am said:

353 – CrispyCanuk.

Thanks for the heads up and hopefully we won’t have to go that route and the Store gets the deal today.

+ theBrand-O on November 29th, 2013 at 10:23 am said:

Yeah, Everyone in Canada, buy from while they last. Just use a US mailing adress.

+ CrispyCanuk on November 29th, 2013 at 10:24 am said:

I was able to grab Rayman from the vita store after mashing the buy button about 20 times, didn’t get the usual “thank you” email….

+ VanguardFate on November 29th, 2013 at 10:26 am said:

I don’t wanna take a chance on hitting buy 20 times and getting charged 20 times…I’d rather wait til it’s working properly…

+ Todoh789 on November 29th, 2013 at 10:31 am said:

Bleh prices are’t tempting outside of Rayman Vita.
Will there be any other games on sale?
Also the PSN sale should’ve been a new separate blog entry.

+ Ussoro on November 29th, 2013 at 10:31 am said:

How much do they charge for Amazon all together? With the taxes and conversion rate, how much in CAD dollars?

+ CrispyCanuk on November 29th, 2013 at 10:33 am said:

You see thats the thing, it never actually said “purchase successful” i just went on the store again after getting the error and went to the page and it showed I had bought it. Its only in my purchase history once anyways lol.

+ HeLLeVeN11 on November 29th, 2013 at 10:38 am said:

WOW amazing sale way too much content. /sarcasm

+ CrispyCanuk on November 29th, 2013 at 10:42 am said:

@Ussoro There is no tax on it. Would just be a straight conversion rate once it your credit card so at current rates around 32 bucks Canadian not including a conversion charge your card usually adds on top. Still the best deal anywhere right now. If it ends up in any canadian store you will have to pay tax most likely. Unless it hits the psn.

+ wBENDERw on November 29th, 2013 at 10:42 am said:

bought the ps plus totally have to wait till the psn is back up to enter it

+ DION3TO on November 29th, 2013 at 10:43 am said:

Is that all about PSN discounts? :/
kinda sad over here.

Wish I could have that same $29.99 deal from retailers for the PSN as well :/

+ Tanvir175 on November 29th, 2013 at 10:46 am said:

Got me another 2 years of PS+. Thank you so much Sony for this amazing deal.

+ odinleyva123 on November 29th, 2013 at 10:47 am said:

hey how did you purchase the PLUS $29.99? from the PSN store or by retail?

+ HeLLeVeN11 on November 29th, 2013 at 10:47 am said:

Can we get an answer about PS plus for canada before the day ends, don’t wanna hear there was a deal somewhere before stores close,

+ Megrim23 on November 29th, 2013 at 10:49 am said:

I’m not too excited about the game sales, but I will b getting a $29.99 PS+ card or 2 today…

+ odinleyva123 on November 29th, 2013 at 10:50 am said:

hey i dont see the offer at the PSN Store

+ Karma-Pudding on November 29th, 2013 at 10:51 am said:

I have to say I’m really disappointed in the exclusion of Canada from the PS+ deal. Thanks for appreciating ALL your North American customers.

+ omega_alpha-619 on November 29th, 2013 at 10:52 am said:

Paid $34.99 on Amazon for damn game code and PS STORE is FUBAR!

+ Megrim23 on November 29th, 2013 at 10:57 am said:

Can’t Canadians just log on Amazon, Best Buy or Game Stop NA website & buy a PS+ card? Im in NA myself but all 3 of those places are selling the $29.99 PS+ online as well.

+ Miami_Mike1987 on November 29th, 2013 at 10:57 am said:

According to PlaystationCanada on twitter, Canada will not have the same playstation plus deal.

+ Rancwr on November 29th, 2013 at 11:02 am said:

Yeah, I just asked PlayStation Canada on Twitter about Crystal MacKenzie’s assurance that there would be a PS+ Black Friday Deal for Canadians. They replied:

“Thx for your q. Canada won’t have the same PS+ BF deal as the US but check for updates & current deals.”

Link directs to the lame Facebook offerings. So, seems pretty clear now, they won’t be offering us any PS+ deals, despite what we were told.

@Megrim23, no, you need a US billing address on your credit card to order the deal from any of the US sites though people are noting success putting in a fake address. I’m not sure if there are any concerns with doing that.

+ Ussoro on November 29th, 2013 at 11:09 am said:

@ CrispyCanuk
Thx for the info, heard was tax on might make the purchase later

+ geneMag on November 29th, 2013 at 11:10 am said:

bit the bullet and just bartered with a friend from the US to get the discounted card.
not one mention of any sale/promo anywhere around here.

+ navi20041982 on November 29th, 2013 at 11:11 am said:

I bought 2 codes on Amazon, entered the code and when I try to confirm the voucher I keep getting only error codes: 80023017 and 80023102 on my PS3 and “The connection to the server or device has been lost. (NP-2244-2)” on my Vita.

+ omega_alpha-619 on November 29th, 2013 at 11:14 am said:

PSN is messed up DON’T TRY TO ENTER CODES or risk having to deal with customer service possibly for days trying to get what you paid for.
PS STORE IS DOWN… it may appear to work for some but when you try to purchase stuff or redeem codes you will have errors and potentially get charged or use codes but get nothing in return! BEWARE!

+ The-Great_Mexica on November 29th, 2013 at 11:16 am said:

So bad this black friday in the ps store!!

+ SegaSaturn617 on November 29th, 2013 at 11:17 am said:

With PS Plus being a necessity, your Playstation store needs to update in the mornings. No more of this lazy effort of updating the store whenever you want. I was loyal to X-Live since the Xbox days and the 360 at launch and they have always updated their store around 5am eastern time every Tuesdays and Wednesdays for DLC and demos. I am no longer loyal to them and switched to being a full time Sony console guy.

2009 is when I bought my first PS3 console thanks to Heavy Rain and other great exclusives and slowly, little by little, the PS Plus has become fantastic. I decided to sell my 360 in 2012 to commit fully to my PS3, being a Plus member, and now I own a PS4. What bothers me the most is that you decide to update the store whenever you please. I cannot wake up in the mornings with excitement to download free games from Plus, download a game I’ve been looking forward to, or just simply be excited what surprises the store has to offer me when I wake up.

Not sure if it’s an easy process or what not but this isn’t fair. You want to compete with competition, it’s time to step up your game.

PAGE 1 9 10 11