PS4 - Destiny

PS Plus: Soul Sacrifice Free for Members

Kristine Steimer's Avatar + Posted by Kristine Steimer on Nov 25, 2013 // Sr. Community Specialist

One of the most critically acclaimed PS Vita titles, Soul Sacrifice, is now available in the Instant Game Collection. Created by Keiji Inafune, best known for his work on the Mega Man franchise, this action RPG pits you against an evil sorcerer. The question is, how are you going to defeat him when you’re locked up in a fleshy cage? A talking book named Librom (it reminds me of the spell book in Hocus Pocus) is the answer. Librom will transport you back to past events, also known as Phantom Quests, so you can train and develop your power. The game really shines with its “save or sacrifice” combat mechanics, where you’ll need to make key decisions about what you need most (i.e. more health or more magic), or choose to unleash a devastating black rite spell by destroying part of your body. The best way to grasp the game is to try it out, so get to downloading when this becomes free for PS Plus members tomorrow!

You can take advantage of all these PS Plus benefits after the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow, 11/26.

PlayStation Plus Update 11-26-2013

PlayStation Plus: Instant Game Collection

Soul Sacrifice (PS Vita)
Soul Sacrifice on PS Vita
What would you sacrifice for ultimate power? Prepare yourself for a brutal combat experience where every decision made will have consequential results. Take on the role of a slave who is about to be sacrificed stumbles upon a forbidden book that allows its readers to relive battles between sorcerers and monsters of the past. In order to use the magic during fierce battles, the player must be willing to make a sacrifice – ranging from personal belongings, a limb, or even a life.

PlayStation Plus: Discounts

Game Title PS Plus Price Regular Price
Dynasty Warriors 6 $11.99 $19.99
Dynasty Warriors 7 $19.99 $29.99
Extras

Draw Slasher – Hanzo Avatar (Free for PS Plus members)

PlayStation Plus: Last Chance

Last Chance (Leaving on 12/3)

Instant Game Collection
Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen (PS3)
Discounts
Worms 2: Armageddon

We’ll be back next week to add another title to the Instant Game Collection as well as any other benefits, like super sweet discounts.

If you’ve got feedback on today’s Plus update make sure vote in the poll and leave a comment below. To discuss all things PlayStation, including this update, you can also head over to the PlayStation Community Forums where you’ll find topics you can contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself.

PAGE 1 2 3 4

+ Ryumoau on November 25th, 2013 at 8:01 am said:

Thanks for Soul Sacrifice! I held out for so long for that game to get a price drop, only for it to be offered free instead. lol

Hope we get more rpgs in the IGC for December as well. :)

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Paul Sullivan on November 25th, 2013 at 2:39 pm said:

I really enjoyed Soul Sacrifice. It’s a fantastic pick up for Plus members.

+ Jesszman on November 25th, 2013 at 8:01 am said:

No Black Friday sales?

+ afigueroa on November 25th, 2013 at 8:02 am said:

Great game for the IGC. I bought this game day one and it has been lots of fun.

+ opikal on November 25th, 2013 at 8:03 am said:

Blah, where are ze discounts? :/

+ islankleinknecht on November 25th, 2013 at 8:03 am said:

Love the provided pic, makes it very easy to figure out!

+ clokez77 on November 25th, 2013 at 8:04 am said:

Looking forward to when my PS4 is actually going to get some love. Don’t care about Resogun or Contrast, looking forward to a real game to replace Drive Club.

+ letmeseeurface on November 25th, 2013 at 8:04 am said:

Black Friday PSN sales?

+ cassarcc on November 25th, 2013 at 8:04 am said:

Very cool!!!

+ eliseobeltran_us on November 25th, 2013 at 8:05 am said:

Awaiting for the PSN Black Friday discount!

+ Ryumoau on November 25th, 2013 at 8:05 am said:

Also kinda wish DW8 was included in that discount since i was never able to complete it before i had disk drive problems on my ps3. Would have rebought it digitally if it was around $30.

+ Gorvi on November 25th, 2013 at 8:05 am said:

Nice, I own SS already but it’ll be great to have it digitally too. When do we get to hear about what’s coming in December? Will it be before the holiday?

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Paul Sullivan on November 25th, 2013 at 2:40 pm said:

Signs point to yes!

+ mwatcher on November 25th, 2013 at 8:06 am said:

Nothing for me this week — I’m not complaining BTW. It’s cuz I already have SS from awhile ago.

+ Loggernaut on November 25th, 2013 at 8:06 am said:

This was a great month, here’s hoping we see some neat discounts for black friday

+ msmont on November 25th, 2013 at 8:06 am said:

I’m assuming there will be Black Friday discounts on another thread?

+ fredster90 on November 25th, 2013 at 8:06 am said:

Finally

+ Welmosca on November 25th, 2013 at 8:08 am said:

Yay been waiting on that….ha I cant express how thankful I am….I was about to buy Soul Sacrifice…..and then when it came the november IGC preview…I just had that giant smile on ma face.Also I see we’re getting avatars back on Plus,thats great…..does that mean we’ll get themes and PS1 classics back as well?….that would be sweet.

+ Patsrule0316 on November 25th, 2013 at 8:08 am said:

I bought Soul Sacrifice on release day, and don’t regret it. It is a lot of fun.

Hope there are some good Black Friday Deals. I can get Tearaway from BestBuy for $24.00 new. That would be a good deal to match.

+ INGENIERO_MAYA on November 25th, 2013 at 8:08 am said:

Excellent but please can you do any discount in DLC’S of gravity rush??

+ PainOfSarrow on November 25th, 2013 at 8:09 am said:

Lol cornyyyyy come on nowww. why no black friday sales for the psn store ? lame discounts and all. hit us with ah nice psn store discounts.

+ TheXav1as on November 25th, 2013 at 8:10 am said:

Where are the discounts?? Was looking to pick something up to play over the long weekend with my brothers.

+ Patsrule0316 on November 25th, 2013 at 8:10 am said:

@6 Resogun is awesome! Contrast is hit and miss…environment and vision are a hit, camera and controls are a miss. But for free, I found it worthwhile to play.

+ greghove79 on November 25th, 2013 at 8:12 am said:

Those are the discounts or this week? That’s it? Weak.

+ ioshi_US on November 25th, 2013 at 8:14 am said:

Thanks for Soul Sacrifice!

+ TwinDad on November 25th, 2013 at 8:15 am said:

Cool a new free avatar. Serious not sarcasm. I like the themes and avatars one main reason I signed up so many years ago.

+ DesertAss2in on November 25th, 2013 at 8:16 am said:

Soul Sacrifice is a fantastic game with TONS of free dlc support! Do NOT miss out on this game! Great update, but I CAN’T WAIT to see what the Black Friday deals on PSN are going to be! Fingers crossed for some goodies!

+ divineLite on November 25th, 2013 at 8:20 am said:

day one bought and never regret it
this one game is far better than any monster hunter out there

well,… where is the discounts… i’ve added 50$ for my wallet in case i got something to buy…
discount like atelier meruru maybe??

+ TxTechAirRaid on November 25th, 2013 at 8:23 am said:

Sooo… About that ps4…. And don’t give us no BS kiddy puzzle games.

+ War_Machida on November 25th, 2013 at 8:23 am said:

This week’s update left me with this strange taste in my mouth (it’s probably vodka, but whatever…). I still have to buy a Vita, maybe this free Soul Sacrifice is the ultimate incentive. Also, I really hope for a “black friday-ish” kinda deal this week, with some PSOne/PS2 classics :D

+ notoptimus on November 25th, 2013 at 8:25 am said:

Considering getting my brother a subscription for Christmas (hope he doesn’t read this) Is it worth it for only PS3?

+ S1lentSurviv0r on November 25th, 2013 at 8:26 am said:

Is it confirmed there will be no Black Friday sales on the PSN Store? As a digital consumer, it would be really unfortunate.

+ Satnamji on November 25th, 2013 at 8:27 am said:

This is the best the Vita IGC has ever looked! Still wondering when the three long term games (Uncharted, Gravity Rush, Wipeout) will be switched out.

+ Daptosto on November 25th, 2013 at 8:27 am said:

No BLACK FRIDAY discounts!? Come on Sony, you have to do better than this. I’m guessing you’ll announce the BF discounts on Thursday or some thing. Here’s to hoping.

+ Todoh789 on November 25th, 2013 at 8:30 am said:

Any chance for a sale on the PSP Ys games please?
…and what about the Black Friday/Thanksgiving sale? When can we get details about that please?

+ carlpain on November 25th, 2013 at 8:32 am said:

Pretty much what people are writing: Waiting for the Black Friday deals. I hope the stores is updated early and not at 5 pm (East). I’m not going to be at home until late on Friday night, so I hope the deals go through the weekend or the store updates early in the morning (I’ll have enough time to buy the games I want on the online store).

+ Ujn on November 25th, 2013 at 8:37 am said:

How can I unlink the “Free” games from my PS+ account? I hate that some of the games go on sale with PS+ discounts and I can’t buy them because they are linked to my account as “Free” already. I wan’t to buy them so the DRM doesn’t expire when PSN isn’t working. Help me give you my money Sony! Thank you.

+ carlpain on November 25th, 2013 at 8:43 am said:

@35: No solution for that. I’ve the same “problem.” They don’t really want our money.

+ CYK_01 on November 25th, 2013 at 8:46 am said:

i really need to know the discount to save my money…….the persona 2 and catherine…make me dream…..but if you post offers more interesting….you know…..im broke…..please…..post the discount from this week……PLEASE…..

+ carlpain on November 25th, 2013 at 8:46 am said:

@35: The only thing you can do is: Don’t add the “free” games to your list of downloads if you may try to buy a couple of them later. That is what I do for many of the games.

+ CYK_01 on November 25th, 2013 at 8:47 am said:

holy ****,….i really have that problem……i really buy my own games to never expire…….me tree

+ sliverberg on November 25th, 2013 at 8:49 am said:

dynasty warriors 7 for 20 bucks!! :)

+ CYK_01 on November 25th, 2013 at 8:49 am said:

ummmm….thats is refuse to receive the free games……and later pay price of discount in ps plus discount……thats no fair.

+ Dangisuckatgamin on November 25th, 2013 at 8:50 am said:

Lame.
Discounts suck, and don’t own that terrible handheld device.

+ StingrayX on November 25th, 2013 at 8:50 am said:

Awesome! Thanks for another amazing week! =D

+ Ryumoau on November 25th, 2013 at 8:51 am said:

@29 a year subscription of Plus will be on sale for $30 at most retailers this friday, so i’d say its worth it for that price even if you only have a ps3. The free games used to be pretty lousy, but they’ve recently been stepping up and giving us content people actually like rpgs.

+ CYK_01 on November 25th, 2013 at 8:52 am said:

i wait to the last minut to purchase persona 2 eternal y catherine…..and die if you bring a sweet discount in black friday……please post the offers …….PLEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSEEEEEEEE……i really need to know.

+ CyberSteak on November 25th, 2013 at 8:53 am said:

So many games to play. But my Vita is being consumed by Tearaway. What a great game.

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Paul Sullivan on November 25th, 2013 at 2:42 pm said:

Tearaway… sooo good… my Vita’s doing a lot of Remote Play, as well.

+ Shinra_Soldier7 on November 25th, 2013 at 8:54 am said:

When will we hear about next month’s ps plus preview? With Thanksgiving and such this week, I am wondering if we will hear it earlier than this Friday.

Also, no Black Friday sales this week?

+ Mando44646 on November 25th, 2013 at 8:58 am said:

Soul Sacrifice is great. I’ve owned it for a while but if you missed it, don’t miss picking it up for free!

+ sliverberg on November 25th, 2013 at 9:00 am said:

wait…the newest is DW8

+ NightDrifter01 on November 25th, 2013 at 9:04 am said:

To all the people who obviously don’t know how to read or browse the other section’s of the blog, Sony has already said they will have Black Friday sales. The Black Friday sale’s have NOTHING AT ALL to do with PS+ so why would they put it in with this since only people with PS+ are gong to look here.

PAGE 1 2 3 4