PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Gran Turismo 6 Features Mario Andretti’s First Love

Ken Chan's Avatar + Posted by Ken Chan on Nov 26, 2013 // Product Manager, SCEA

Every driver starts somewhere. Every driver starts with their first car – their First Love.

All great racers started their journey to greatness with their first car. The car that made them realize their dream of becoming a professional race car driver. You ask any driver or car enthusiasts about their First Love, and I’m sure they can remember the smallest detail, down to the long hours spent tuning the car up before a drive, or the thousands of hard earned dollars spent in making it just a bit (or a lot) faster than what factory delivered. I’m sure each of you have your own story of a First Love, and we want to hear about it.

For the legendary Mario Andretti, this is no different. He discovered his love and passion for racing after purchasing a beat up 1948 Hudson shell, which he and a group of friends hand-built, piece by piece, until it was ready to race two years later. The result of the project was ultimately the beginning of Mario Andretti’s legendary racing career though Indy, Daytona, and Formula 1.

To tell this story, we created a dedicated site experience for you to join others around the world to share your own first car memories, interact with special guests and other fans, and learn more about Mario Andretti’s legacy. The story will be unveiled in three chapters, each specifically concentrating on telling Andretti’s story, and how a beat up Hudson was the catalyst for his entire racing career. Additionally, follow the team from Polyphony as they rebuild the legendary Hudson and feature it as a playable experience in Gran Turismo 6.

Take part in the live rebuild experience, where you can share your first love stories! Join us at http://playstation.gt6firstlove.com/

Gran Turismo 6 First Love

Tune in to catch the three-part First Love documentary:

• Chapter 1 – The Mario Andretti Story (Available Now)
  • Chapter 2 – Live Rebuild of the Hudson (Dec 2 – 7 @ 12pm – 8pm EST)
  • Chapter 3 – Hudson Reunion with Andretti (Dec 16 @ 12am EST)

Join our live Expert Q&A events that will feature special guests who will field your questions about cars, this Mario Andretti campaign and Gran Turismo 6.

Tuesday, Dec. 3

1pm – 2pm Pacific

• Discussion with renowned engine builder Larry Slutter and our experts
  • Discussion with Larry on airbag innovation, decisions to use smaller wheels, suspensions/springs, etc.

Join our guests:

• Andrew Comrie-Picard – Automotive Journalist
  • Billy Hammon – Head Mechanic
  • Larry Slutter – Engine Builder

Wednesday, Dec. 4 and Thursday, Dec. 5

1pm – 2pm Pacific

• GT6 experts discuss new features in GT6
  • Q&A with users participating in the live feed

Join our guests:

• Andrew Comrie-Picard – Automotive Journalist
  • Billy Hammon – Head Mechanic
  • Taku Imasaki – GT6 Producer

24 Comments

+ gohan16ken on November 26th, 2013 at 10:37 am said:

Dear Sony,

I have been asking this same exact question over and over again with no answer. Will GT6 be available digitally on Day 1? Yes or No? Thanks.

+ ProjectSiK on November 26th, 2013 at 10:39 am said:

@gohan16ken

No offense but Sony shouldn’t have to answer that for you. All games have been available digitally on Day 1 for a long time now and I don’t see how Gran Turismo 6 is any different.

+ novplus on November 26th, 2013 at 10:45 am said:

@2 is beyond 2 souls available day 1???

+ gohan16ken on November 26th, 2013 at 10:46 am said:

@ProjectSiK

No offense but Beyond Two Souls were not available digitally on Day 1. #stopassuming :)

+ Winterwolf2010 on November 26th, 2013 at 10:46 am said:

Man, I can’t wait until Gran Turismo comes to the PS4. “Explodes into a ball of energy.” :D

+ gohan16ken on November 26th, 2013 at 10:47 am said:

was* not

+ trufather on November 26th, 2013 at 10:54 am said:

two things will it be releasing for the ps4? and i know car companies don’t like when you wreak there machines but i do hope this one has real world damage physics or something close to it at least. im sure the ps4 can handle it.

+ Tsquared on November 26th, 2013 at 11:02 am said:

Very excited! Can’t wait till we see a GT game on PS4.

One question for PS4 owners…. I can not seem to view any of my PSN friends’ shared videos/captures from my live feed (What’s New tab). Is there something I have done wrong? I do see where they have shared the video, but I cannot actually play it.

Any help on how I can view the shared content would be fantastic! Thanks everyone!

+ Winterwolf2010 on November 26th, 2013 at 11:11 am said:

@Tsquared I have the same issue as well. When trying to view a shared video, it just shows an image with an up arrow, but no way to play it.

+ Tsquared on November 26th, 2013 at 11:17 am said:

Thanks @winterwolk2010, I am having the exact same issue. Hopefully, someone will know why.

+ El_Pollo_CA on November 26th, 2013 at 11:25 am said:

I’m guessing as no one has answered the digital day one question that it is not available, not in North America anyway.

I’m also guessing it’s because they want to sell a bunch of the disc versions which is a shame as a few games like GT6 are really REALLY suited to be in digital – instant access format. Like Borderlands 2 or GTA5 imo anyway :)

+ BROTHERSPLUS2013 on November 26th, 2013 at 11:34 am said:

C’mon guys, please answer the question about Day 1!!! I want to pre-order GT6 in US Store, but it seems that I will have to do this in UK Store, and I don’t want to create a new account, a new user and etc only to buy a game!

+ waylander90232 on November 26th, 2013 at 12:31 pm said:

The store just updated :) Great news !!

+ El_Pollo_CA on November 26th, 2013 at 12:33 pm said:

I see it…Thank Youuuuuu

+ cloud221 on November 26th, 2013 at 12:44 pm said:

i hope there a season pass for gt6

+ DavidHewett on November 26th, 2013 at 12:51 pm said:

GT6 is on the store THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ DavidHewett on November 26th, 2013 at 12:51 pm said:

Now please let us pre load like cod ghosts so I can play right at midnight cant wait :D

+ DavidHewett on November 26th, 2013 at 1:09 pm said:

and we get 10 back for spending 60 omg this is awesome !! :)))

+ bmrskate on November 26th, 2013 at 1:27 pm said:

A Hudson in GT6?! I never thought I’d see the day. This is awesome! I have to show my grandfather this once I get GT6. He’ll enjoy it.

My grandfather is a vintage car enthusiast. His first love was probably this classic Bugatti coupe he was about to buy when he was stationed in France. He regrets missing out on that car. It was beautiful.

Polyphony Digital, I know a way that you can make my grandfather ecstatic. Immortalize one of his last loves: a 1964 Studebaker Avanti in maroon red. It is in immaculate condition. 40,000 miles and has won several car show awards. Studebaker Avanti’s broke 29 speed records on the Bonneville Salt Flats. It would be magnificent to see the full interior in HD while driving. It is a gorgeous car and was one of the finest American automobiles in that era.

If you’re willing to give Hudson a chance, please consider other cars that are unexplored territory for Gran Turismo. I hope to find a way to preserve this Avanti in any way possible.

+ Skater_Ricky on November 26th, 2013 at 1:33 pm said:

I hope GT6 gets made for the PlayStation 4. I stopped buying PS3 game’s after Grand Theft Auto V. And have no return to going backwards in technology. PS3 is old school after owning a PS4.

+ tusunami on November 26th, 2013 at 7:26 pm said:

Not sure if I will get this or when I will get this. But hopefully soon possibly.

+ SpamMasta on November 27th, 2013 at 10:29 am said:

C’mon Sony, put up GT6 on the US PSN store. You’ve put it up nearly everywhere else except the US already..

+ BansheeWrath on November 27th, 2013 at 11:05 pm said:

How much will this cost, $4.99? There is micro-transactions in this game, whether you all know or not, which is absolutely ridiculous

+ Mocv199o on November 29th, 2013 at 10:08 am said:

Ken Chan, I’m a big fan of Gran Turismo right when I got the Gran Turismo 5. I’m really excited about the release of Gran Turismo 6, especially of the special edition of the 15th Anniversary Edition we all know. But, due to this big talking about Gran Turismo 6, in some places to order the game, I see the pre-order offer saying that the game himself brings the Precision Pack and 1.000.000 credits in-game.
Now my question is this, is every pre-order edition of Gran Turismo 6 15th Anniversary going to have the 5 car packs or is just going to have those packs only for some countries? In my case, I live in Portugal, and in the stores where I can pre-order Gran Turismo 6 15th Anniversary say that the game brings the pre-order pack (Precision Pack) and 1.000.000 credits in game.
Could you explain this to me? I would like to hear from you!
Also, I was really sad when I saw the GameStop exclusive of Gran Turismo 6 15th Anniversary saying that the shipping was only for USA and not for other countries.
Thanks!