PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

Gran Turismo 6: Last Chance to Score Pre-Order Bonuses

Ken Chan's Avatar + Posted by Ken Chan on Nov 26, 2013 // Product Manager, SCEA

Believe it or not, we are approximately one week away from the launch of Gran Turismo 6, and your window to take advantage of one of its pre-order offers is quickly coming to a close. Most of these items will not be offered through the PS Store after launch, so this is really your last chance.

To help with your decision making, here’s a breakdown of our pre-order offer:

GameStop – 15th Anniversary Edition Upgrade

Click here to pre-order

Here’s your last chance to get an automatic upgrade to the GT6 15th Anniversary Edition, equipped with the elite 25-Car Pack with unique performance and visual enhancements, as well as a set of custom paint chips, racing suits, helmets and PSN Avatars. This is a pre-order exclusive and not available anywhere else for purchase after December 6th so get it while supplies lasts.

Amazon – 5-Car Pack + $1 Million In-Game Credit

Click here to pre-order

Want to customize and build your own dream Gran Turismo garage? We’re confident a $1 Million In-Game Credit will help you do just that. In addition to getting the mentioned 5-Car pack, Amazon is offering our GT fans $1 Million In-Game Credit directly at start up, allowing you to buy, build, and race your own line-up of cars. Get a jump start in racing against your competitors online by reserving at Amazon.

Participating Retailers – 5 Car Pack

Click here to learn more

For the purists that wants to start with a small upgrade, our participating retailers is offering the 5-Car Pack that includes the Tesla Model S Signature Performance ’12, the Corvette Stingray C7 ’14, Audi R8 LMS ultra, SRT Viper GTS, and the Nissan GT-R Nismo N24

Digital Pre-Order (NEW) – 5-Car Pack + PS3 Theme

Click here to pre-order

Yes, the digital version is available for pre-order now, and you will get the same 5-Car pack + a dedicated GT6 PS3 Theme.

For more info, check out www.gran-turismo.com/us.

35 Comments

+ gohan16ken on November 26th, 2013 at 3:09 pm said:

I just preordered it. My first GT game ever. I hope I like it.

+ boomstickbhg on November 26th, 2013 at 3:14 pm said:

Was going to hold off on this game, but tempted now to get the pre order Digitally.

GT5 was fun (for me anyway) but really used up the disc drive, particularly the endurance races. Digital sounds like it would run better or at least not wear out the PS3 heh.

+ guitarded77 on November 26th, 2013 at 3:16 pm said:

The wife pre-ordered it for me, but I can’t play it until Christmas. My PS4 will keep me busy until then.

+ Pabloo1010 on November 26th, 2013 at 3:23 pm said:

Please bring Gran Turismo to the PS Vita! Key Sony franchises are missing from the Vita’s announced line-up.

No Gran Turismo, No Final Fantasy, No Grand Theft Auto, No Metal Gear Solid. These games will sell hardware AND software.

+ Gamerzlimited on November 26th, 2013 at 3:25 pm said:

I got it pre-ordered at Gamestop 2 months ago, so I’m set. :)

As much as I don’t like Gamestop, they have the best pre-order bonus with the most value. If you’re a GT fan, it would be dumb to get it from another retailer as all 25 cars costs way more than a million.

+ Alyyse on November 26th, 2013 at 3:33 pm said:

I love Gran Turismo. Will be picking this up for sure.

+ starspd11 on November 26th, 2013 at 3:52 pm said:

I have to agree with #5, I hate GameStop, but they have the best preorder bonus. I’ll be picking that up and I can’t wait until a week from Friday. :)

+ DavidHewett on November 26th, 2013 at 4:01 pm said:

So happy theres a digital version
gona get gamestop version use code on receipt and return it

+ CommandingTiger on November 26th, 2013 at 4:44 pm said:

I hate pre-order bonuses.
It forces me to order online and right now when I don’t want to.
Too many games during the holidays and none during the summer time.
Except for the best selling games this year, The Last of Us and GTA5.

+ CommandingTiger on November 26th, 2013 at 4:46 pm said:

What I meant by that is that games released during the summer time have more success than the bunch of games sold in the holiday because there’s nothing else to play in the mean time.

+ Ostaf52 on November 26th, 2013 at 5:19 pm said:

1 million credits? Does this mean someone can buy credits? Does this game have a micros-transaction business model?

That might be a deal breaker for me….

+ KingDubin on November 26th, 2013 at 5:32 pm said:

@ #11 Ostaf52

Check your PMs on your PS3 for my response to your question.

Randy

+ Sgt_0951 on November 26th, 2013 at 8:06 pm said:

I also went with the Gamestop bonus a while ago. I do like Amazon’s deal better, though, as a million credits off the bat is really helpful with modding whatever cars you have in the garage after the first few races. Gamestop promo has an impressive list of cars, but a lot of them don’t look like models that are useful and/or fair for beginner races.

+ Anddo on November 27th, 2013 at 3:19 am said:

I have this pre-ordered at Gamestop.. I’m tempted to go digital. But Gran Turismo is one of those games where I’d rather have the hard copy to add to my collection.. Gran Turismo one through six sitting side by side <3

+ fredster90 on November 27th, 2013 at 4:44 am said:

Can you guys make the wallet larger I’d like to place a 1000 in it and I just dnt like running out

+ pudgenet on November 27th, 2013 at 5:51 am said:

Annoying that we can’t get the good preorder bonuses with the PSN digital copy.

+ Makinen on November 27th, 2013 at 6:15 am said:

Had mine on pre-order from EB Games since the day it was available for pre-order.

This game is the only reason I kept my PS3 after I got my PS4. I really wish Sony would come up with a way to play PS3 games on the PS4.

+ BROTHERSPLUS2013 on November 27th, 2013 at 6:29 am said:

Well, GT6 came to the PS Store, but you forgot the ANNIVERSARY EDITION!!! C’mon… Heading to the UK PS Store right now…

+ Frulond on November 27th, 2013 at 8:49 am said:

GT6 looks amazing!

I played the demo and loved it and even when I think GT6 looks next gen-ish, it was a huge disappointment it won’t be coming to PS4.

I don’t know if they didn’t want it to interfere with Driveclub (which in the end got delayed) or PS4 wan’t in Polyphony’s plans but this will be the first Gran Turismo I’ll let pass since GT1 on PsOne and hope that I’ll see GT7 on on PS4.

Maybe I’ll change my ming in the future and get GT6 at a discounted price, but isn’t in my radar at the moment.

Also, the microtransactions thingy was disappointing in many MANY ways.

I’m sure GT6 will be amazing and all, and hope everyone who gets the game loves it.

+ race2winnet on November 27th, 2013 at 12:58 pm said:

Please Sony and PD, NO MICROTRANSACTIONS in GT6!! I would hate to see this great franchise stoop to such unbelievably low levels! If GT6 includes microtransactions, this will definitely be the first I will refuse to buy! Please learn from MS and Turn 10′s mistakes!

+ MORENOCR09 on November 27th, 2013 at 2:18 pm said:

I just hope that the digital version don’t have the same problem as GTA V, very disappointed with the streaming issues . Also I’m completely sure I will buy it, hoping there is no big difference between the PSN version and the blu-ray game.

+ starspd11 on November 27th, 2013 at 2:35 pm said:

I’m really excited to get this game, but I have to agree with other people on this blog that these microtransactions should stay out of games like Gran Turismo. Some might defend this practice because it gives people who don’t have the time or energy an option of getting the cars they want right away. To me, it’s just a money grab if you ask me. I’m not going to spend a single penny on credits that I can earn with a little time and effort.

+ Skyman120 on November 27th, 2013 at 7:49 pm said:

I’m really excited for Gran Turismo 6, i have pre-ordered the game at gamestop, i place a $20 deposit onGT6, i know some people do not like gamestop, but i have to agree with you guys that this is gamestop’s best preorder exclusive yet.

+ JROD0823 on November 27th, 2013 at 11:32 pm said:

Already have my 15th Anniversary Edition paid for. I’m ready to tear up the track in my 25 exclusive cars!

+ m_Madruguinha08 on November 28th, 2013 at 8:35 am said:

I love GT5. Not only it is my favorite racing sim, it’s my all time favorite game ever.

But given I still have a long wait to go to complete all events on it, and I just got a ps4 with driveclub coming in soon (ps plus free edition), so I will be skipping GT6…

GT6 looks like a wonderful game. Awesome features, and a much needed improvement on community features. But given that it will have microtransactions, and recently Kazunori Yamauchi stated that chances are GT7 will show up on PS4 in less than 2 years (which translating for us all means 3 or 4 years if know how Polyphony does things), so I will rather finish all events and licenses on GT5, then enjoy driveclub.

By the time Im done with those, GT7 or GT7 prologue should be out for PS4.

+ Mocv199o on November 28th, 2013 at 3:37 pm said:

Ken Chan, I’m a big fan of Gran Turismo right when I got the Gran Turismo 5. I’m really excited about the release of Gran Turismo 6, especially of the special edition of the 15th Anniversary Edition we all know. But, due to this big talking about Gran Turismo 6, in some places to order the game, I see the pre-order offer saying that the game himself brings the Precision Pack and 1.000.000 credits in-game.
Now my question is this, is every pre-order edition of Gran Turismo 6 15th Anniversary going to have the 5 car packs or is just going to have those packs only for some countries? In my case, I live in Portugal, and in the stores where I can pre-order Gran Turismo 6 15th Anniversary say that the game brings the pre-order pack (Precision Pack) and 1.000.000 credits in game.
Could you explain this to me? I would like to hear from you!
Also, I was really sad when I saw the GameStop exclusive of Gran Turismo 6 15th Anniversary saying that the shipping was only for USA and not for other countries.

Thanks!

+ HugoStiglitz_420 on November 28th, 2013 at 6:28 pm said:

I’m really pissed off that the digital version has such weak preorder bonuses. I really would rather have the digital version. I’m gonna play GT6 constantly, it’s just easier to not worry about a bluray disk but no way am I cancelling my Gamestop preorder and end up losing 20 preorder bonus cars.

The preorder bonus cars for GT5 were never made available to us. Pretty much either you get them as preorder bonuses or you’re screwed so no way am I letting them slip this time.

Next time, don’t be so stingy with the preorder bonuses. If you’re gonna charge as much as gamestop, and make more money than you would off the retail version, the least you should do is match their preorder bonus.

+ BansheeWrath on November 28th, 2013 at 6:45 pm said:

Get rid of the micro-transactions and I’ll buy it

+ njweirdo on November 28th, 2013 at 6:55 pm said:

Pre-ordered the 13th of this month. I was a little nervous that I wasn’t going to get the bonus, but it looks like I’m getting it no matter what.

+ Mocv199o on November 29th, 2013 at 10:09 am said:

Could you explain this to me? I would like to hear from you!
Thanks!

+ LegacySpOrT on November 29th, 2013 at 11:17 am said:

I agree vita needs gt on it i feel like its beieg neglected on big titles like this and other

+ Mougurijin on November 30th, 2013 at 6:09 pm said:

@16 – BROTHERSPLUS2013
Haha, funny.

Are you really going to pay 98~99 USD (59.99 GBP) for the UK PSN copy of the Anniversary Edition, when GameStop are selling the hard copy of the Anniversary Edition for 59.99 USD (36~37 GBP)?

For me, in the UK, the US digital copy of the Standard Edition looks like a decent idea. ^^
US PSN = 36~37 GBP (59.99 USD)
UK PSN = 49.99 GBP (81~82 USD)

+ phade2blaq on December 1st, 2013 at 7:10 am said:

I’m still playing GT5 so I cannot wait to get GT6 ! Pre-ordered and looking forward to playing next week end !

+ lyfestory on December 1st, 2013 at 2:23 pm said:

while i enjoyed the GT series, this one isnt really all that much of an upgrade over GT5 and as such, im not interested in paying $60 for it.. not to mention, im still entirely soured on the franchise with how they touted GT5Prologue and duped us into buying that and not supporting it very well, not giving us a break on the actual GT5.. and get rid of the lousy NASCAR stuff… Ill just wait awhile.. Beyond was my last PS3 game and i dont see anything else worthwhile on the immediate horizon…

and personally, id rather have the disc version of any game.. i love PS+ and all that, but when i buy a game with my money, i want the disc… the disk drive is hardly going to fail that easily…

+ BGroovee on December 6th, 2013 at 11:51 am said:

Just got my copy of GT6 this morning! Love it!

On a side note, I’m really saddened that I didn’t get the Anniversary edition. I’m a huge fan on the Gran Turismo series dating back to GT2 (played GT1 at a friend’s house but never owned it) and I always try to get a special edition if only for the different cover on the case, don’t laugh!

But this time, I pre-ordered GT6 at EBgames Canada thinking I would get the upgrade to the anniversary edition and to my surprise when I popped in the disk this morning, it turns out I have the standard version. They didn’t tell me they had sold all of their anniversary pre-orders, I called in, they apologized and offered to take the game back for a full refund but I told them I would rather keep it, not THAT big of a deal I guess. Plus I always chat with the guy that sold me the pre-order, I’m sure it was an honest mistake. I played just a few hours(sleep before work tonight) and I already love the new tracks, new lighting effects and the new handling on the G27 wheel is phenomenal. I’m sure it won’t take be too long before I have all the anniversary cars the “legit” way!

Thank you for the game, truly an experience that I just couldn’t have in real life.