No Man's Sky

New Killzone Mercenary Updates Coming, Free Multiplayer Maps

Mark Green's Avatar + Posted by Mark Green on Nov 26, 2013 // Senior Producer, Guerrilla Cambridge

Killzone Mercenary on PS Vita

Hi Everyone. Amongst all the excitement for the launch of PS4 and, of course, Killzone Shadow Fall, here at Guerrilla Cambridge we’ve still been busily working away on Killzone Mercenary. We’re now very pleased to announce that there will be a number of updates coming over the next few months.

First up is Update 3. In terms of functionality there will only be minimal changes, but this is the patch that reduces the size of the other patches! After installing this patch it will free up around 800MB of space for those who have already installed Updates 1 & 2. Update 3 should be ready in the next few weeks.

Killzone Mercenary on PS VitaKillzone Mercenary on PS Vita

Update 4 is due in January and is being designed to improve Matching and to help reduce join-game connectivity problems, as well as adding an auto team-rebalancing feature.

Following that is the big one: Update 5. Two new multiplayer maps for FREE, and the release of offline Botzone for Mercenary and Guerrilla Warfare modes.

Also in the first few months of 2014 will be Update 6, in which we’re working towards continued refinements and adding support for playing Killzone Mercenary on Vita TV (only applicable to territories where Vita TV is available).

We hope you enjoy the additions to Mercenary. Happy gaming.

121 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ WilbertX on November 28th, 2013 at 11:31 pm said:

I always get Killzone games as soon as they come out so Im very excited that your giving us maps for free…
also if anyone has any information on a ps vita tv release in america please feel free to hit me up cause I need this, bad…maybe it will be close to the feb 22nd release for the ps4.

I hope it comes soon, I would love to play this game on my big ass flat screen tv…also

is there any works on adding 8 v 8 instead of 4 v 4

+ mckg123456789 on November 29th, 2013 at 1:09 am said:

Great! :)

+ zombie_56 on November 29th, 2013 at 1:41 pm said:

mercenary is better then killzone shadowfall

+ TinyCirno on November 30th, 2013 at 9:08 am said:

Thank you!!!!
killzone:mercenary is the best game!
i always play Mp ,so i had earned too much money after i bought all the equipments!After that,the money is useless!it makes me unhappy.
Can we use “near”to trade our valour cards?
Can we spend it in buying new valour cards?
It would be interesting XD!
i have got 3 decks and it is hard for me to get new cards!
hmmmm…..thanks !
i want to buy killzone:mercenary soundboard in the ps store:D
I love its music and sounds!

+ Dextertale on November 30th, 2013 at 9:24 am said:

Is there going to be ad hoc in killzone

+ Checolo_720 on November 30th, 2013 at 11:31 pm said:

Hoping in the futrue they would add more players 10players 5-5or 12players so greatful :D

+ zhonda_5 on December 1st, 2013 at 10:19 am said:

cant wait for the updates

+ PHEEliNUX on December 1st, 2013 at 11:44 am said:

Vita TV update huh
Probably means the TV is coming
But by Mid/late-2014 i might have considered getting a Vita, Perhaps i should hold off for longer

+ BlueMarvel100 on December 1st, 2013 at 1:10 pm said:

This is awesome. I appreciate Guerrilla Cambridge for continuing support for this game. Thanks!

+ PhoenixDowny on December 1st, 2013 at 7:35 pm said:

Free Maps! Offline Bots and Better Online Matching sound epic! I’m so very excited about this!

+ RickDanto on December 2nd, 2013 at 1:18 am said:

Make Medievil 3 already.

+ SeekAndDestroy80 on December 2nd, 2013 at 9:23 am said:

Has anyone finished all the demolition contracts? I could use some helpful hints on beating the “Lights Out” demolition contract. Im having trouble getting past the last part when you have to destroy the 3 fuel regulators and destroy the 2 drones with the VC9 within the 3 minute timeframe. This is the last demolition contract i have left to do but im having trouble with it. Any helpful hints on passing this would be very much appreciated.

+ MurDa_Bo1z on December 2nd, 2013 at 11:54 am said:

Check this out. When I played COD, like Black Ops, Black Ops2, MW3, ETC…I always loved Search And Destroy, it has so much tactic involed that it’s insane. I really the mercenary would benefit from some extra gamemodes. Heck, I’d sacrafice that 800mb for Search And Destroy, The ability to use a team-mates Vulture, INGAME VOICE CHAT, the ability to set up custom games like MW3, and some other fun alternative gamemodes, kinda like Uncharted’s “The Lab” mode, or 1 in the chamber and sticks and stones.

And can we please do something about the Mantis Engine’s those thing are like freakin Killzone gods, can’t even see the crap coming until it’s got its pincers in my skull. We should be able to melee those bad boys right out the air if we are facing them when they strike. Or they should be nerfed or something.

ALSO, can we have some skill weapons, like a Razor Disc (throwing knife equivalent)? And some killcam action, you can call it “The Killfeed” that would be “Killtacular!” lol. Ok, I’m done.

+ fwmatlarabia on December 2nd, 2013 at 5:47 pm said:

AMAZING!!! This is one of the two games that seem to keep me distracted. The other is Unit 13.YOU GUYS ARE AWSOME!!!! I just hope there will be sequels to this game be us that will be even more interesting. I give killzone a 10. When the release of call of duty bod I was disappointed because it was nothing compared to bo2, but this game blows my mind. You guys are the best gaming company on my list.

+ Skill_Boy_ahr_d on December 8th, 2013 at 7:27 am said:

BOTZONE!!!!!!!! YEESSSS!!

+ cainx10aUS on December 10th, 2013 at 4:46 am said:

Botzone!!!!!! Guerilla Cambridge, you guys/gals are amazing :) Now my already awesome single player experience is further enriched.

+ Idir-99 on December 12th, 2013 at 2:28 pm said:

i have 3 things to say

1) The 3rd update was a mistake ( killzone games are amazing ) but because of that update i get kicked off every 20 to 30 seconds of online gameplay i also asked some of my friends and they said it’s the same thing for them . please try fixing that :’( .

2) I’m really thankful for the FREE maps and the new offline game mode.

3) There’s this one gun called the “M-224″ i heard only those who pre-ordered the game get that gun it’s honestly for me the best gun from what i seen in the videos, does 4 out of 5 damage, it can aim and can shot up to 95 bullets before reloading but it’s just hard to control, can you please tell us if you will add it in one of the upcoming updates.

Thank you for your time and this game

+ SolidSnakeOtaku on December 13th, 2013 at 10:31 pm said:

I would love voice chat to be added:)

+ sparklebot on December 19th, 2013 at 5:32 pm said:

Sounds awesome!

+ gcxblast26 on December 25th, 2013 at 8:31 am said:

thanks for supporting a great game for vita cambridge. :) cant wait for bots and multiplayer maps

+ psvitagamer3000 on December 25th, 2013 at 9:47 pm said:

Yo, thanks for the new updates and info. However will players be allowed to play AD-HOC in the botzone?

PAGE 1 2 3