Watch Dogs 2

Nov 28

Nov 28

PlayStation Plus: December Preview

Kristine Steimer's Avatar Posted by Sr. Community Specialist

GRID 2 launched to critical acclaim earlier this year for its successful mixing of arcade and simulator styles. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, on the other hand, is more of a kart racer, complete with power ups but the ever-shifting tracks means your badass kart can also transform into a plane or boat.

You can hop into Borderlands 2 for free later this month on PS3, and this game absolutely shines with co-op, so be sure to bring some buddies along with you while you blast away all the skags on Pandora. You can build out your vault hunter how you like – focus on damage or get some support skills to aid yourself & your friends.

Finally, Vita owners can scrape their knees up a bit with Urban Trial Freestyle. Successfully complete the tricks, customize your bike and then challenge your friends with the asynchronous Ghost mode.

PS Plus: December 2013

These games will hit the Instant Game Collection at various times throughout the month, so check back with us every Monday morning to see all the benefits of your membership.

There will also be a special Black Friday deal for PlayStation Plus at select retailers nationwide. Pick up 1 year of PS Plus for only $29.99* — that’s 40% off the regular price of $49.99. With PS Plus, you’ll get new games every month with Instant Game Collection. You’ll also get access to online multiplayer on the PS4 system. Best of all, one membership will cover you across your PS4, PS3, and PS Vita, for just $29.99*.

*A one-year PlayStation Plus membership will be $29.99 on Black Friday only

December PlayStation Plus Preview

GRID 2 (PS3)

PS Plus: Grid 2

Free for PS Plus members
Be fast, be first and be famous as you join the elite in ‘World Series Racing’ where the greatest cars, drivers and events come together in the search for a new motorsport icon. Experience aggressive racing against advanced AI and become immersed in the race with GRID 2’s new TrueFeel Handling system which powers edge-of-control exhilaration behind the wheel of every iconic car. An extensive, separate online campaign powered by RaceNet sets new standards in the genre. Welcome back to racing.

Borderlands 2 (PS3)

PS Plus: Borderlands 2

Free for PS Plus members
A new era of shoot and loot is about to begin. Play as one of four new vault hunters facing off against a massive new world of creatures, psychos and the evil mastermind, Handsome Jack. Make new friends, arm them with a bazillion weapons and fight alongside them in 4 player co-op or split-screen on a relentless quest for revenge and redemption across the undiscovered and unpredictable living planet.

Dyad (PS3)

PS Plus: Dyad

Free for PS Plus members
Descend into Dyad to experience transcendental sensory overload in this abstract psychedelic racer. Blast through a reactive audio-visual tube to create a harmonious synthesis of color and sound as you hook, graze and lance enemies to master Dyad’s 27 unique levels.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (PS Vita)

PS Plus: Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed

Free for PS Plus members
Sonic and the All-Stars cast line up on the starting grid once again to battle for supremacy in the ultimate race. It’s not just racing, it’s Racing Transformed! Bonus Edition also includes extra racer Metal Sonic, and bonus Outrun track!

Urban Trial Freestyle (PS Vita)

PS Plus: Urban Trial Freestyle

Free for PS Plus members
Don’t miss the ultimate urban trial freestyle game for PS Vita system! The city is your playground! Nothing will stop you on your freestyle trials bike. Use the urban landscape to pull spectacular tricks – backflips, 360s, wallrides, ollies, and more. Customize your bike to boost your performance in Time Attack or Stunt mode. Choose between speed and style, developing your own unique riding style.

If you’ve got feedback on PlayStation Plus make sure you take the poll above as well as leave a comment below. To chat about all things PlayStation, including this update, you can head over to the PlayStation Community Forums. You’ll also find other topics you can contribute your thoughts to, or you can start your own discussion.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 9

BrianHolzinger said:

November 28th, 10:35 am

Excellent month! I must say I fist-pumped when I read Sonic All-Stars but then it was only on Vita :(
Good thing I’m getting one on February :D

punkmusic2009 said:

November 28th, 10:36 am

fester you talking aboute free game for ps4 the ps4 just came out 2 weeks ago and 1week they gave you 2 free games sony is not going to lunch a sytem and on day 1 give you free games every week for ps 4 if they do that sony would lose money buy the end of the yr they would of given out every game out and no one would pay for games ever they would just buy the plus

IAMHALLSY said:

November 28th, 10:37 am

Woohoo – finally some racing games! Borderlands bored me to tears so I won’t bother with that one. Now we just need to replace the main games in the Vita IGC and have some amazing sales on Vita games tomorrow.

viceforce said:

November 28th, 10:38 am

Interesting month, I’m already have Borderlands (Plat it this month actually) that should be Plus Game of the Month IMO. One request or make it a new years resolution please try not to immediately cop of EU Plus. With Grid and Sonic here I feel you guys didn’t try hard enough because those 2 games were free this month for them. Maybe down the line ok, but don’t right away take any games from EU plus.

DoutorPierre said:

November 28th, 10:41 am

Amazing mont again, my wallet is fearing tomorrow deals.

punkmusic2009 said:

November 28th, 10:50 am

and the plus offers ps4 games off 2-3 a mouth as said on your ps4 store

Ryumoau said:

November 28th, 10:50 am

Looking forward to Borderlands 2 and Sonic transformed. Couldn’t care less about Grid though.

ThumbsOfSteel74 said:

November 28th, 10:54 am

@brownboy24: It stacks.

Anyway I’m looking forward to Grid 2 and maybe Dyad. Still haven’t touched Borderlands from when the first game was on the IGC! XD But I’m still gonna “buy” it for free just in case!

BTW is Grid (2) more like Gran Turismo or is it more arcade-y? I prefer arcade-style racers. Used to love Gran Turismo, but toward the end of GT4 I got burned out on the whole concept.

Ryumoau said:

November 28th, 10:54 am

btw, no new ps4 title added? Should be knack,considering how poorly it was recieved critically. I doubt it sold well.

GGCAN said:

November 28th, 11:00 am

@156 – punkmusic2009

Did they specifically state 2-3 games a month for PS4, or did they say 2-3 games.

PS + covers PSV, PS3 and PS4…..we get games for each platform per month.

ItaChu said:

November 28th, 11:02 am

so theres gonna be a psn sale tomorrow … but you wont announce it until tomorrow…. great guys lol …. thank you for making me go to the stores anyway just to get a psn card :)

Grexotic said:

November 28th, 11:03 am

ooh. lovely. super thanks!

Vela4331 said:

November 28th, 11:07 am

When is Dragon’s Dogma expiring on PS plus? How do I know when certain games expire?

Mando44646 said:

November 28th, 11:08 am

No new PS4 stuff?

Can you tell us if PS3 Borderlands saves will transfer to the Vita version when it comes out?

ItaChu said:

November 28th, 11:10 am

oh and thanks for the nice december lineup :) ill enjoy those games for sure :) good racing games

remanutd5 said:

November 28th, 11:10 am

wow i own Sonic&All Stars Racing Transformed psvita and its great to see it coming to ps plus, hopefully there will be more people online, its the best racing game i have played on the vita so far. See you guys online.

ItaChu said:

November 28th, 11:10 am

@ 163 next week i think so get that ps Plus quick!!

MaxPayneV3 said:

November 28th, 11:11 am

OMG YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Borderlands Dos!!!!!!! THX PSPLUS!!!

ThumbsOfSteel74 said:

November 28th, 11:14 am

@Vela4331

“Last Chance (Leaving on 12/3)

Instant Game Collection
Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen (PS3)”

Look for the Last Chance section in the weekly PS Plus posts (every Monday), or look in the Plus section of the PS Store for items that are Expiring Soon.

TeamGreen615 said:

November 28th, 11:20 am

Love the line up for Dec. but guys if you are going to have a sale tomorrow you need to put the details out now. Alot of people are already making their plans with what to buy at area stores. I don’t understand this sale strategy.

JamesSoprano said:

November 28th, 11:21 am

@163 Dragon’s Dogma expires Tuesday, they mentioned this just this Tuesday Store update gone if not Tuesday then last Monday they said it was ( or maybe both days )

ThumbsOfSteel74 said:

November 28th, 11:22 am

Guys, they hinted in a reply to this blog post that there would be news about PSN sales tomorrow.

Don’t own a Vita but I almost feel for Vita-only Plus members. Oh well. Not every month’s offerings can be on par with Soul Sacrifice (which not everyone was interested in BTW).

Pretty sure there will be more news coming soon about PS4 stuff coming to the IGC. But as others have said, it’s not like there’s a lot to pick from yet. And as far as that goes, this is all pretty standard for a console launch. PS3 didn’t have much going for it at first. Neither did PS2. And look how that turned out. I think 2014 will clean out everyone’s gaming wallets.

JamesSoprano said:

November 28th, 11:24 am

I agree with commenter #169 alot of people are gonna go out running to stores ( quite a few not all ) ad then you tell us what the deals will be .. but at the same time if it’s for tomorrow wouldn’t it make sense to post it today ( i get today is thanksgiving and you don’t wanna spend alot of time on here ) but i feel like you all are dropping the ball here some .. to entice people to spend money on here then at the local stores wouldn’t you have this info up by now ? i know there will still be buyers for sales but seriously tho. a early heads up would be amazing

bt1234567892010 said:

November 28th, 11:26 am

O.O *bows* Here, take my money *throws money at screen*

In all seriousness, this update, is phenomenal, I got Borderlands 2 about a week after it launched, it is fantastic, Grid 2 is as well from what I’ve seen of it, can’t wait to play :D

also, 3 racers, kinda not wise to release 3 of the same genre on Plus in one month for the IGC, lest the haters complain, BUT Grid 2 and Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing Transformed are fantastic from what I’ve heard and seen, can’t say the same for Dyad, but, another fantastic month nonetheless.

MAGGERS-EXODIUZ said:

November 28th, 11:31 am

Where’s the PS4 game D:!! ????

lowlifemalakye said:

November 28th, 11:35 am

What about ps4?!

SlothBeing said:

November 28th, 11:36 am

Wow. I hoped Far Cry 3 this month, but Borderlands 2 is cool too.
Thanks u,this is amazing month!

Dessron said:

November 28th, 11:38 am

I already got everything for PS3 (in fact, I got plats in 2 of those 3 games (would be 3 if GRID 2 online trophy could work…). They’re pretty good games, Dyad is a great challenge if you’re going for platinum! On the other side, I don’t have the 2 Vita games (they’re among the couple of games I still don’t own for this system) so December will be a great month for PS+. Anyone who is interested in Plus shouldn’t miss on the 30$ deal! Totally worth it!

mdcarp said:

November 28th, 11:55 am

Why aren’t the PS3 releases for PS Plus members in December available for PS4? Part of the reason I bought mine was because of how impressed I was with the PS Plus program on Vita. Plus, I would love to play Dyad, seeing as I am an Xbox 360 convert :-)

JROD0823 said:

November 28th, 11:59 am

The only thing I’d like to see is the PS Plus sale made available on the PS Store.

I’d buy 5 years’ worth of Plus if it was that price on the Store.

Heck, maybe 10 years. :)

PieNKEi_ said:

November 28th, 12:01 pm

I seriously need to get my PS3 back, I’ve been wanting to play Borderlands 2 and Grid 2 for a long time. I renewed my subscription last month just in time to redeem Soul Sacrifice and now you guys are giving Sonic! e.e Great months, can’t wait to see those awesome sales that you’re preparing for us to reach the end of the year. Great Work!

JROD0823 said:

November 28th, 12:04 pm

An aside to everyone griping about a lack of a PS4 game for December…

You got two titles for November, let us not be greedy, immature, or unrealistic about these things.

Please.

Woootastic said:

November 28th, 12:06 pm

So, everyone who bought a PS4 gets 30 days free of PS+…. to get nothing the next month.

Don’t want to sound greedy, or diss a several week old week old system, but that’s one way to turn people away from PS+. Only thing they’d want it for right now then would be online playing.

Grenadehh said:

November 28th, 12:12 pm

I do actually want Grid 2 and refuse to pay 30 bucks for it so this is good.

ThurBurtman said:

November 28th, 12:14 pm

I just bought Borderlands 2 this month :(

somberfox said:

November 28th, 12:18 pm

Borderlands 2? Awesome!

TwinDad said:

November 28th, 12:19 pm

Great month. I own the majority of them, but getting a digital copy of Borderlands 2 isn’t bad.

Finally a racing game, been without one for a long time, and now we get two great ones in the same month. Sonic racing is fantastic.

GB_MrEllison said:

November 28th, 12:20 pm

Will Bo2 go back on sale for $10???

I dont care about the map pack DLCs…… Although I hate how Infinity ward copied 80% of MW3 over to Ghosts, I know BO2 is just as bad; unfortunately, I would rather play BO2, then to buy Ghosts…. I seen on the website that all digital game will be 67% off Tomorrow….

galdionthewise said:

November 28th, 12:23 pm

Please have a massive borderlands 2 DLC sale. I really want to play tiny tina’s dungeon DLC.

ZOMBIEMAN4270 said:

November 28th, 12:24 pm

Which retailers will be selling a year subscription to PS+ for $29.99? And if a user already has 2 months off it will the year sub be added into it or what?

BigBacon87 said:

November 28th, 12:25 pm

Are people seriously complaining about PS4 not getting more games? Some people are just oblivious to the real world’s existence. Plus is a great service but it’s not a soup kitchen. PS4 just came out and I considered it a huge PLUS that they gave us 2 freebies right out of the gate. This month is looking alright though I will probably only grab the Vita offerings myself as I’m too busy with PS4 for the PS3 stuff. I really would have liked to see NFS Most Wanted in the place of the two Vita offerings though. EU got it several months back so I have avoided buying it, knowing you guys usually give us what they got 6 months ago. Do we really need to wait that long this time? Better yet lets just strive for parity with the EU Plus service. No reason they should get a better service than we do, that makes no sense at all.

ThumbsOfSteel74 said:

November 28th, 12:34 pm

@mdcarp: PS4 won’t play any PS3 games.

Opinion: This planned incompatibility ensures that people will be forced to buy PS4 games if they want something to play on their PS4s…and be forced to buy a PS3 if they want to play PS3 games. In a lot of ways it sucks for us, but business is business.

@ZOMBIEMAN4270: Yep. The year(s) will stack onto your current subscription. I think GameStop and maybe Amazon will have it for $30. Not sure who else.

Ldrofmn said:

November 28th, 12:39 pm

Great month for PS+! I was just thinking about getting Borderlands 2 and I played the GRID 2 demo about a week ago. Dyad seems pretty cool and I can’t wait to play Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed!

guitarded77 said:

November 28th, 12:43 pm

What about PS4?

NOTE: I’m not complaining… my PS3 and Vita will love these games, but I thought we got something monthly for PS4.

Ragus118 said:

November 28th, 12:57 pm

It’s nice to see that there’s some good games being offered for free on older consoles but it would be nice to see the same hospitality for people who just spent hundreds of dollars on the PS4. It would be greate to see PS3 titles available for download on the ps4 along with titles from the PS2 and PS1 as were available on the PS3.

ThumbsOfSteel74 said:

November 28th, 1:04 pm

I’ll go along with that. I mean, I would rather have true BC where virtually every PS3 game in existence would be playable on your PS4. But a slow rollout of “PS3 Classics” or the like (as with PS 1/2) would be nice. Kinda. Eh…just don’t get rid of your PS3s, guys. I still have my PS1 and my PS2. The only games I would even consider getting as PS2 Classics are those I can’t buy inexpensively/at all on my actual PS2. I expect that to be the case with PS3 Classics.

Anyway good idea.

SeekAndDestroy80 said:

November 28th, 1:07 pm

Never played any of these games. Looking forward to trying them all. Great update :)

Gambit121 said:

November 28th, 1:14 pm

Yes, at last! Next month is going to be the best in a long time. Though at least I could enjoy Binary Domain for November. Looking forward to Borderlands 2.

Kchow23 said:

November 28th, 1:20 pm

Own most of these games.. I have said it before, but it would be great if we could get some sort of DLC instead of the full game.

Amir_G_M_US said:

November 28th, 1:39 pm

I’m actually disappointed…
2 racing games for Vita ???? I expected Guacamelee or Jak & Daxter Trilogy for Vita!!! (LIKE EUROPE)
same about PS3 collection… this is sad… Grid can be good but.. another racing.. Dyad???
I’m disappointed
Borderlands is Great, but already own

so it’s a sad month for me

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 9