PS4-The Order

PlayStation Network Update

Sid Shuman's Avatar + Posted by Sid Shuman on Nov 29, 2013 // Senior Manager, Social Media

Update: Digital voucher code redemption in PlayStation Store is returning to normal, thanks for your patience.

Update: We are continually increasing the availability of voucher code redemption functionality. We appreciate your patience and apologize for this inconvenience.

We are aware that users are experiencing some disruption to the PSN service. To minimize the inconvenience we have suspended the “redeem voucher” functionality while we investigate further. Unfortunately this means that money cards, product vouchers, PlayStation Plus vouchers, PS3-PS4 upgrade vouchers and any other vouchers for digital content are not redeemable at this time. Other PSN features such as log in, online multiplayer gaming, PlayStation Plus trials, PlayStation Store (excluding voucher redemption), Trophies, messages, friends, etc are all available.

We apologize for the inconvenience and will provide an update soon.

PAGE 1 2 3 8

+ guitarded77 on November 29th, 2013 at 7:54 pm said:

You guys were also supposed to add flOw and Escape Plan to the store for PS4 today, but no word on that. How about an update?

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on November 30th, 2013 at 5:02 pm said:

Thanks – we’ll get a timing update ASAP.

+ RewVitalize on November 29th, 2013 at 7:55 pm said:

I noticed PSN wasn’t working today. At first I wasn’t sure if it had anything to do with those password changes that were in the news the other day, but then I figured it was because of the European launch of the PS4. Hope everything gets back in order soon!

I know this might be really off-topic, but any news on the PS4 version of Escape Plan yet? I’m really kind of looking forward to playing that game again, but I haven’t heard anything about it since you guys announced it was coming to PS4 several weeks ago.

+ XenonSovereign on November 29th, 2013 at 7:55 pm said:

Can you guys at least give us an idea of when the redemption service is gonna be online? I bought Battlefield 4 from the Amazon PSN store and now I can’t redeem it.

+ doutee on November 29th, 2013 at 7:56 pm said:

Is this why escape plan and the other games were not uploaded to the store like they were supposed too?

+ jayrabbit on November 29th, 2013 at 7:56 pm said:

Thanks for the blog post! please continue to make the effort to do more post like this when bumps in the road happen any details are welcomed.

+ xmidoz on November 29th, 2013 at 7:57 pm said:

Good I redeemed my one year extra PSN plus voucher from amazon before that. Is there going to be digital PSN sales?

+ KOMBAT on November 29th, 2013 at 7:59 pm said:

Come on son..I need to redeem my 2 $30 ps plus codes!

+ geassuser87 on November 29th, 2013 at 8:00 pm said:

I experienced the problem 6 hours ago. I cant redeem the 1 year plus i bought. But a while back when I tried to reddem it again, it worked. Just lucky I guess.

Its hard to work during holidays, but all i can say is, well, good luck.

+ Bobert0516 on November 29th, 2013 at 8:06 pm said:

I was able to redeem one of my 2 PS+ codes. I hope when this is back up and running I’m able to redeem the second one because I’m going to be really mad if I can’t.

+ opikal on November 29th, 2013 at 8:11 pm said:

Took me half the day but I was at least able to purchase bioshock inf and GOW while they were on sale using the website, clicking many times heh. Regardless, I am slightly satisfied with the sale but I would have liked to have seen some under $5 stuff like we do some weeks.

I was more happy with amazon, getting the new sly cooper new for $12, and the god of war saga for $15. So I end up getting all 6 god of war games for $35 :))

+ DevilGod1982 on November 29th, 2013 at 8:14 pm said:

Got 2 games today. God of war collection which the dlc worked when I tried to redeem it but the 2nd game ac4 black flag I cant even redeem my uplay. kind of a pain since I really wanted to play. its got a bunch of dlc too. can you let us know when it will be available? I mean I just redeemed the god of war less than 2 hours ago and it worked. thank you.

+ djsaiyan on November 29th, 2013 at 8:19 pm said:

Wow, guess I lucked out. Managed to get LittleBigPlanet Vita for my girlfriend, and Rayman Legends for myself, redeeming two PSN cards in the process.

Hope it gets sorted out soon!

+ Teflon02 on November 29th, 2013 at 8:23 pm said:

I never had a issue all day, that sucks though. Seeing how EU is going completely crazy for the PS4 I’m not surprised.

+ ToonAddict1 on November 29th, 2013 at 8:25 pm said:

No redeeming for me today, although I am redownloading stuff onto my PS4 as a result of me upgrading the hard drive.

BTW, anyone else think the problems with the PSN have to do with a combination of the Black Friday sales for PS+ memberships and the launch of the PS4 in Europe?

+ xClayMeow on November 29th, 2013 at 8:25 pm said:

Explains why I couldn’t redeem my PS+ sub I got on Amazon. When I tried on the PC SEN store, it said it couldn’t be redeemed on PC. So then I tried on my Vita and got an error. Guess I’ll try again tomorrow. No rush..I was subbed until 2015 even before buying it. lol

+ spidertour02 on November 29th, 2013 at 8:26 pm said:

Why do I have the feeling that this could be related to the “suspicious activity” that we were recently warned about? **bites fingernails**

+ GrimnjowHeaven on November 29th, 2013 at 8:27 pm said:

and I blaming amazon for sending me a code already used … hope tomorrow is already usual because I want to play battlefield 4 and Splinter Cell: Blacklist I bought at amazon blackfriday.

+ faraway25 on November 29th, 2013 at 8:32 pm said:

I hope this fixes the issues with the store. I dont know if it’s just me but the ps store works fine on my ps4 but on my ps3 the dualshock3 becomes unable to operate it. The ds3 works fine if I press the home button but if the store is up I just cant navigate it. So I havent been able to purchase any dlc I wanted.

+ siriusbee on November 29th, 2013 at 8:33 pm said:

Where is War Thunder?

+ Mz1_Rush on November 29th, 2013 at 8:35 pm said:

:/ i just redeemed my $20 prepaid card but cant redeem my $50 D: was planning on buying all the Ys game but now i gotta wait to redeem it

+ hiskitters23 on November 29th, 2013 at 8:43 pm said:

Come on, all of Europe is asleep now, at least enable PS+ card redemption, I’m the only one of my friends not on BF4 right now

+ eskeigh on November 29th, 2013 at 8:45 pm said:

Ah, so that is why I couldn’t redeem my second PS+ card.

+ Mz1_Rush on November 29th, 2013 at 8:47 pm said:

man seriously hoping we won’t lose our second code cause of all this :/

+ wolverinevsx23 on November 29th, 2013 at 8:51 pm said:

I did mine as soon as I came home from Gamestop shortly after midnight, no problems. Maybe too many people are redeeming causing it to go bonkers…?

+ meFreeman on November 29th, 2013 at 8:55 pm said:

That’s why!! I got splinter cell black list at amazon and a code card of $20, I’ve activated the game but the card was giving me an error code

+ phpwizz on November 29th, 2013 at 8:55 pm said:

I was able to put one in about an hour ago … wont work now .. Hope its back up soon.

+ snakeeyes211 on November 29th, 2013 at 9:13 pm said:

+ Ikamandi on November 29th, 2013 at 9:19 pm said:

What happen to voucher I redeemed and got error message? will it still work after this issue is fixed?

+ JvrLM on November 29th, 2013 at 9:22 pm said:

Only I wait fix up soon. And that the code bonus that I introduced not of problems.

+ OneMoreVillain on November 29th, 2013 at 9:24 pm said:

I used a $20 card about an hour ago.

When I tried in the Playstation Store I got an error, but I was able to go under “ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT”
and select “REDEEM CODES” and redeem the Playstation Card there.

I don’t know if this will work for everyone but it worked for me.

+ D-Squad3 on November 29th, 2013 at 9:24 pm said:

Probably because everyone bought a year of PS+

+ hiskitters23 on November 29th, 2013 at 9:24 pm said:

@Ikamandi Yes it will, you can tell because assuming you’ve tried more than once to enter it, if it did get spent or whatever, there would be a red exclamation point next to the code

+ hiskitters23 on November 29th, 2013 at 9:27 pm said:

@OneMoreVillain Did you do that from the Ps3 or Ps4?

+ OneMoreVillain on November 29th, 2013 at 9:28 pm said:

@hiskitters23 On Playstation 3.

+ phpwizz on November 29th, 2013 at 9:35 pm said:

doesnt work for me … in so cal USA

+ Stillfree906 on November 29th, 2013 at 9:35 pm said:

Hopefully Sony is going to do more than a “Oops we’re sorry, try later”. Throw some more flash deals up or something. Just funny that you guys advertise this and then drop the ball.

+ bcrippen on November 29th, 2013 at 9:38 pm said:

Man I just got ac4 for ps3 and I want to play it on my ps4 but the store is down some bs

+ TheCraZyCloWn on November 29th, 2013 at 9:42 pm said:

CANADA….”there will be a PS plus offer in Canada on Black Friday” ya ok lies thus reason for people scamming amazon with fake adresses

+ TheCraZyCloWn on November 29th, 2013 at 9:42 pm said:

I have ^ yet to do this as idk if the codes will work and if Sony is trying to screw us even more

+ komentra on November 29th, 2013 at 9:50 pm said:

Things happen. Thank you for at least letting us know what’s going on.

+ Skater_Ricky on November 29th, 2013 at 9:51 pm said:

Thanks for the update Sid.

+ Wizman87 on November 29th, 2013 at 9:55 pm said:

Are we still going to be able to get the $29.99 PS+ deal as advertised on the PSN today? The 1-year PS+ subscription is still listed as $49.99. The store has updated though, but only with a couple games on sale. There wasn’t even a blog post about it – rather, the original Black Friday blog post was only updated.

Is Black Friday not coming until Tuesday?

Sid Shuman's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on November 30th, 2013 at 5:05 pm said:

This deal was at participating retailers so it shouldn’t be affected – Amazon was selling it for $29.99, for example. It wasn’t on sale on PlayStation Store for that price.

+ Kaim_Seed on November 29th, 2013 at 9:58 pm said:

Thanks OneMoreVillain, it works for me too! At last….

+ kilo223 on November 29th, 2013 at 9:58 pm said:

Im still trying. No luck.

+ meFreeman on November 29th, 2013 at 10:01 pm said:

@44
This function is offline, so don’t waste your time!

+ TheCraZyCloWn on November 29th, 2013 at 10:02 pm said:

This is getting out of hand. Badly handled sale, learn from your mistake honestly

oh and fyi you should have digital downloads at atleast 20% discounts for all games and all times if you really want to push digital sales

+ elmagaso on November 29th, 2013 at 10:09 pm said:

people follow the instructions from comment 30. you can redeem your codes like onemorevillain said. It works I confirmed it.

+ macy113 on November 29th, 2013 at 10:21 pm said:

I really hope this is fixed soon. I want to buy a PSN Card to get Persona 4 Golden while its on sale.

+ solo013 on November 29th, 2013 at 10:24 pm said:

@47 I’ve tried that several times throughout the day already, and it hasn’t worked yet for me.

+ hiskitters23 on November 29th, 2013 at 10:25 pm said:

Come on, I tried onemorevillians idea and I got the error message for trying to enter too many codes today… Will I have to wait 24 hours or will Sony excuse that when the bug is fixed since obviously other people have done the same

PAGE 1 2 3 8