No Man's Sky

LittleBigPlanet Update: It’s December! Let’s Get Festive!

Steven Isbell's Avatar + Posted by Steven Isbell on Dec 02, 2013 // LittleBigPlanet Community Coordinator

Little Big Planet Update

Festive Goodies Level Kit Available now for LBP 2 and LBP PS Vita

It’s December now and everyone is already counting down to Christmas Day! There’s lots of decorating to be done on LittleBigPlanet and you can give your Sackboy or Sackgirl’s collection of festive goodies a rather jolly boost with the Festive Goodies Level Kit.

Festive Level Kit

This special cross-buy pack will give you two costumes and some creative items to really help you give your creations that Christmassy feel in both LittleBigPlanet 2 and LittleBigPlanet PS Vita. Oh and if you already own this pack for LBP 2, you will automatically be able to use the goodies for LBP PS Vita for free.

Team Picks

On the LittleBigPlanet 2: Team Picks this week we take a trip back to childhood with a pair of fantastic levels that feature a fun doodle running game and prehistoric lands. These levels are sure to bring back fond memories of scribbling on notepads in class and imaging fun adventures with dinosaurs!

Escape

by Adel22

Prehistory

by Animator2faith

You can find this level and oh so much more in the latest LittleBigPlanet 2: Team Picks!

LBPC Eye Candy Winter Levels

If you’re a regular reader of the LBP Update or have been keeping an eye on our Twitter account, then you will have seen some of the amazing Eye Candy levels that have been published for LBPCentral’s recent competition. Since it’s now December and Christmas is approaching, let’s take a look at some particularly wintery scenes that were created for the competition.

mirjannekeLoafsyyugnar

These wonderful scenes by mirjanneke, Loafsy and yugnar are sure to get you feeling all festive at the start of the most wintery of months!

If you’re planning to join in the celebrations and will be publishing a particularly festive level this month, be sure to tweet them to us @LittleBigPlanet or tell us about them in the comments below. We would love to see what you’re all doing on LittleBigPlanet to celebrate the holidays!

Come And Visit Us

LittleBigPlanet.com
Forums
Facebook
Twitter
YouTube

Sackboy_Present_Costume

+ pitolyo on December 2nd, 2013 at 11:11 am said:

hey steven .just a huge lbp fanatic asking if you guys n gals might make a fruit costume pack on ps3 at some point in time .also ,do you think we might see any more playstation character costumesi?ps:my sackperson will have an enormous smile if you do happen to reply.media molecule = unique :) lots of hugs to guys and gals .

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on December 3rd, 2013 at 4:56 am said:

Suppose I should ask exactly which fruits would you like to be? ;)

Oh, I’m sure we’ll be seeing the Sackboys and Sackgirls of LittleBigPlanet dressing up in some new PlayStation character costumes sometime. :)

+ tusunami on December 2nd, 2013 at 11:29 am said:

It’s good to see this game still gets support from community, I hope to get back into playing this. With having the PS4 i have to balance my time on my PS3 & PS Vita.

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on December 3rd, 2013 at 5:01 am said:

We’ve got some exciting things lined up for LittleBigPlanet, so you’re definitely going to want to visit again sometime soon. :)

+ Elvick_ on December 2nd, 2013 at 12:08 pm said:

Obligatory Puppeteer costumes request.

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on December 3rd, 2013 at 5:01 am said:

Popular game! Getting a lot of requests for that! :)

+ Pookachoo on December 2nd, 2013 at 12:24 pm said:

Nice to see a few Eye Candy screenshots – and these are even more impressive when you view the actual level, be sure to check them out.

Cool bits and bobs in the festive goodies kit, too bad I originally bought mine on another account I share with my husband.

Steven Isbell's Avatar

+ Steven Isbell on December 3rd, 2013 at 5:03 am said:

I saw them and thought they would be just perfect to showcase just some of the festive sights already published for LittleBigPlanet. :)

+ Bobbbio_ on December 2nd, 2013 at 12:50 pm said:

Hey steven Isbell, I’d like to know where LPBkarting stands between sony are they still supporting it or what, I’ve tweeted you levels to look at and I messaged you personally on LBPcentral.com, I’d honestly like to know where LBPkarting stands, Its unfortunate that this game isnt played by the community. Yes I know the game is glitchy is in some areas but its having no CO-create isnt a good enough reason to abandon the game. No Hard Feelings btw.

But if you dont reply its okay, I just wanted to say that UFG did a good job on this game and I like what you do for the LBPlanet communtity its great to still see some support long after the games release date take care man!!

+ LuiSpartanMIMIMI on December 2nd, 2013 at 1:18 pm said:

Any news about LittleBigPlanet Hub?

This game seems to be miss.

+ NotRussellCrowe on December 2nd, 2013 at 2:51 pm said:

Is this available in Canada? All I see is the LBP Karting Festive Levels Kit but it says it’s unavailable as I have not purchased the LittleBigPlanet Festive Pack. There’s also a PS Vita version available but same issue. I can, however, purchase avatars, but that’s not the same thing.

+ XFRod on December 2nd, 2013 at 4:03 pm said:

@pitolyo – Fruit costume packs….

Makes me think of a level where a bunch of grapes are running very late. Now, he must frantically try and catch up with the rest of his fruit friends so, they can film their Fruit-of-a-Loom commercial.

+ Frejim on December 3rd, 2013 at 7:35 am said:

We want news about LittleBigPlanet Hub !!!! please!!!

+ XxSkullKIDXx79 on December 3rd, 2013 at 9:04 am said:

would you guys ever do devil may cry costumes for littlebigplanet and are you ever going to bring back the astronaut costume?

+ Welmosca on December 3rd, 2013 at 10:51 am said:

Ha nice…I think I already have the Festive Goodies level kit,I know I have the Santa costume…but this is always an awesome time of the year on LBP….I’m already seeing the great Christmas levels popping out….and we have great levels this week…also those eye candy winter levels are really eye candy…good job everyone.

LBP playa forever.

+ pitolyo on December 3rd, 2013 at 7:33 pm said:

maybe a banana ? strawberry,grapes ,i just know i really crave a banana one.but only if you fabulous people are willing to do it .its totally cool if you do not wish to do it .many thanks for replying too,i feel special now .woo hoo!!!! Mm :)

+ AmongstTheDead65 on December 4th, 2013 at 4:52 pm said:

Why are the addons I downloaded won’t work?

It says that “could not find application”
It’s pissing me off

+ AmongstTheDead65 on December 4th, 2013 at 4:54 pm said:

I just want some new costumes to wear in LBP