PS4 - Transistor

PS Plus: GRID 2 Free for PS Plus Members

Kristine Steimer's Avatar + Posted by Kristine Steimer on Dec 02, 2013 // Sr. Community Specialist

Hop in to the driver’s seat with GRID 2 on PS3, coming to you free for PS Plus members to kick off the month of December. In addition to GRID 2, you’ll also note the start of the PlayStation Store Holiday Sale! The first week brings in some of this year’s best titles including Ni No Kuni, Remember Me, and Terraria; all at really really good prices.

You can take advantage of all these PS Plus benefits after the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow, 12/3.

PlayStation Plus Update 12-3-2013
PlayStation Plus: Instant Game Collection

GRID 2(PS3)

Free for PS Plus members, Regular Price: $35.99

PlayStation Plus - GRID 2
Be fast, be first and be famous as you join the elite in ‘World Series Racing’ where the greatest cars, drivers and events come together in the search for a new motorsport icon. Experience aggressive racing against advanced AI and become immersed in the race with GRID 2’s new TrueFeel™ Handling system which powers edge-of-control exhilaration behind the wheel of every iconic car. An extensive, separate online campaign powered by RaceNet sets new standards in the genre. Welcome back to racing.

PlayStation Plus: Discounts

Holiday Sale (Week1)

It’s week 1 of the PlayStation Store Holiday Sale! Check out these slammin’ sales on some of gaming’s best and check back over the next few weeks to see what else is on deck for a hefty PS Plus discount.

Game Title PS Plus Price Regular Price
Defiance $2.50 $4.99
Defiance Deluxe Edition $7.50 $14.99
Army Of Two The Devil’s Cartel $7.50 $14.99
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified $20.99 $29.99
Remember Me $19.19 $23.99
Terraria $3.75 $7.49
Ni No Kuni: Wrath Of The White Witch $9.79 $13.99
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn $10.00 $19.99
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Collectors Edition $15.00 $29.99
Rocksmith 2014 $29.39 $41.99

Other Discounts

In addition to the PlayStation Store Holiday Sale, have a look at these additional discounts including the wonderful Rainbow Moon on PS Vita.

Game Title PS Plus Price Regular Price
Tiny Brains $15.99 $19.99
Draw Slasher $2.99 $4.99
Rainbow Moon $11.99 $14.99
Rainbow Moon Cross-Save Bundle $17.99 $22.49
Rainbow Moon Ps3 Player Special Offer $5.99 $7.49

PlayStation Plus: Last Chance

We’ll be back next week to add another title to the Instant Game Collection as well as more discounts, Holiday Sale Week 2 info, and more.

If you’ve got feedback on today’s Plus update make sure vote in the poll and leave a comment below. To discuss all things PlayStation, including this update, you can also head over to the PlayStation Community Forums where you’ll find topics you can contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself.

PAGE 1 2 3 5

+ CapJSheridan on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:05 am said:

Too litle discounts for Vita, as always =(

+ ButtersThaatsMe on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:06 am said:

I guess Borderlands 2 is coming later in December?

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on December 2nd, 2013 at 9:56 am said:

yep; it most definitely will be

+ coconutshinobi on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:06 am said:

Where is the DROP that was due yesterday?

+ snakeeyes211 on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:06 am said:

So I guess there’s no PlayStation plus game for the PS4 in December?

+ opikal on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:06 am said:

These are some of the sales I was looking for :)

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on December 2nd, 2013 at 9:56 am said:

awesome. yeah i think the Ni No Kuni deal is pretty outstanding, but they’re all quite nice

+ freshprincepbg on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:07 am said:

Those are some great discounts, even though I’m not really interested in those games. But please have more sales like these.

+ PHEEliNUX on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:07 am said:

Good sales but nothing i’m really interested in

+ Ryumoau on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:07 am said:

Dang, was really hoping Borderlands 2 would be the first free game. Oh well. Might get defience now that its on sale for only $2.50.

I also strongly recommend Ni No Kuni to anyone. It was worth the $60 i payed for it earlier this year, so at $10 its insane not to get it.

+ QuasarJones on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:08 am said:

Will the yearly Vita IGC be changed this month?

+ Mjolnirs on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:08 am said:

Can you please specify which console the games belong to in future posts? It has not been always clear since the blog recently changed the listing format.

Thank you.

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on December 2nd, 2013 at 9:57 am said:

I’ll see if we can get that in to effect some time; thanks for the note!

+ blackiemist88 on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:08 am said:

Hmmm…. Hoping for some PS4 deals maybe even another discount on ps plus

Another note please fix the PlayStation app so I can actually use it thanks

+ MrSoloLobo on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:08 am said:

I’m in for a free copy of Ni No Kuni because of my $10 credit from the last promotion :) Also, can’t wait to try out GRID 2. Keep it up guys!

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on December 2nd, 2013 at 9:58 am said:

heard great things about GRID 2; could be a nice warm up before GT6 arrives later this month!

+ Goldanas on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:09 am said:

These are some nice discounts. I’ll likely pick one or two things up. Also that stealthy flash sale over the weekend had some good stuff in it too. Glad to see PSN having some competitive pricing.

+ auggiebrr on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:09 am said:

If you never played “Ni No Kuni” now it is the perfect oportunity! Thanks for the update Kristine.

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on December 2nd, 2013 at 9:58 am said:

come to think of it; Ni No Kuni seems like a great ‘for the holidays’ game. Think I might jump back in and finally finish it. Got around 50 hours in and then got distracted, but man, that game is great

+ AssaultMonkey150 on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:10 am said:

Holy crap on a stick FF14 for 10 bucks is great- does it still come with free 30 days though? Also, will I be able to download PS4 version gratis when it comes out?

Feel dumb for spending 40 on RS2014 bundle just now when I could get it digitally for 30….

+ jacky-junior on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:10 am said:

May pick up Terraria, been trying to wait ’til it hits Vita (hopefully this month from what I’ve seen), also slammin Space Jam link

+ ECisMe on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:11 am said:

With Grid 2 and Borderlands 2, this is the best month of PS Plus in my year and a half as a member!

+ jordankid93 on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:12 am said:

Ni No Kuni looks to be about the right price for me. Ever since it was praised I wanted to try it out and $10 isn’t bad at all. But I just bought P4G so hopefully i can juggle between the two lol

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on December 2nd, 2013 at 9:59 am said:

oohhh, that’s some dangerous JRPG jugglin’. props to you if you can do it. Otherwise, maybe just make the purchase now, then save NNK for later after P4G is done

+ MosesUnspoken on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:12 am said:

Grid 2 seems like an awesome game but oh man, these sales pretty damn slammin’!

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on December 2nd, 2013 at 9:59 am said:

YES. yes they are slammin’

+ jayrabbit on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:12 am said:

rainbow moon for the vita, this has been long awaited, I think I am also going to pick up terraria and Ni No Kuni

+ Mericc22 on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:13 am said:

I was really hoping for better sales right before christmas… Oh well
maybe right after would be better… I hope I get some gift cards for christmas

+ berlaitada on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:13 am said:

Ni No Kuni: Wrath Of The White Witch for 10 bucks? I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!! I have been looking for a good deal and was about to order a copy for 17 bucks. Now I’ll just get me a 20 dollar psn card :D

+ NX_Nytrux on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:14 am said:

What about the “Flash Warning 12.2.13″? This is it?

+ jonjon0890 on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:15 am said:

Looks like I’m getting FF XIV: Realm Reborn CE & Ni no Kuni on Wednesday, since I already spend $60 for that Thanksgiving promo.
I’m hoping that rain, Spelunky, Payday 2, Dragon Fantasy Book II are among the games that will be on sale.

+ zeroMAKS on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:15 am said:

As @#11 stated, is that discount for Terraria for BOTH versions? Or just the PS3 version? Also is Terraria going to be cross-buy when it releases on the PS VITA tomorrow?

+ Link2999 on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:15 am said:

Will Terraria be Crossbuy?

+ Gorvi on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:16 am said:

Very nice deals. The poll mentions Awesomenauts discounts, are those missing from the post?

+ Flannels111 on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:16 am said:

Any word on terraria for vita? Will the vita version be cross buy?

+ Miguel_Magpantay on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:17 am said:

Is that Terraria discount also available for the Vita?

+ Shuttaman21 on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:17 am said:

How will the PS3 to PS4 upgrade work for FF XIV.
Will we need the disc or the digital version is ok?
WE need answers!!!!!!!

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on December 2nd, 2013 at 10:00 am said:

I don’t know how that would work; but you may find the answer on some of S-E’s channels?

+ Ramito_Core on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:19 am said:

awwwww yes i’ve been waiting to get FFXIV for a good price ($10 is good for me lol)

+ jal1993 on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:20 am said:

Man I hope the Atelier+ games on Vita go on sale. I’ve been wanting to play them.

+ Ramito_Core on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:21 am said:

also does the digital version of FFXIV come with 30 free days? :c

+ SlyCooperFan100 on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:21 am said:

Interested in playing GRID 2 and seeing how it fares to the NFS series.

Why are Awesomenauts discounts mentioned in the poll?

+ jayrabbit on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:21 am said:

just to echo alot of the comments: will final fantasy be upgradeable to the ps4 and is the terraria discount applied to the vita version as well.

other then that great sale!

+ Monterossa on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:23 am said:

Oh… I’ll give Ni no Kuni a second chance. I sold the disc version cuz it’s so boring.

+ supermoc10 on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:23 am said:

Great week yet again for PS Plus.

Also, how was Japan?

+ berlaitada on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:24 am said:

Quick (might be silly) question. Does Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn have a monthly fee? I heard that it had one on the PC (bout 10bucks). Thanks in advance.

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on December 2nd, 2013 at 10:01 am said:

I believe it does require a monthly fee; but if memory serves me correctly, when you purchase it there is a month trial. At least, that was my experience with it.

+ boomstickbhg on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:24 am said:

Since all the PSN issues prevented a lot of people from being able to buy things during the flash sale (no psn card redemption) Is your plan to extend the weekend Flash Sale?

Or will you be doing a special cyber Monday PSN sale to make up for the horrible black Friday weekend PSN problems/people couldn’t buy things because of a Sony problem/etc….?

This list of games for the Holiday sale has a couple ok titles, but where is the apology and bonus sale to make up for all of your (sony’s) mistakes this weekend?

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on December 2nd, 2013 at 10:03 am said:

I’m not aware of any plans to extend the sale; but I’ll pass this along to the Store team. Very sorry to hear about folks not being able to redeem voucher codes over the weekend; I know that must be frustrating =| but appreciate everyone’s udnerstanding who might have been impacted.

+ IAMHALLSY on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:25 am said:

I am super excited to play Grid 2 but very disappointed in the sales last week and this week. It feels like Sony was hyping up a great sale that never arrived and wasted everyone’s time instead. I am hoping for some good Vita discounts this month…

+ Ryumoau on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:28 am said:

@24 agreed. i didn’t like Dragon fantasy book 1 all that much, but i heard the sequel was much better. i’d be willing to try it if it went on sale for around $5.

+ MoutainManatee on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:28 am said:

Ni No Kuni: Wrath Of The White Witch for under $10. Oh yea.

+ jonjon0890 on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:32 am said:

@25
Terraria that will be only on sale tomorrow is only for the PS3 Version.

+ E-I-K-I-C-H-I on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:32 am said:

Holy crap! Ni No Kuni for less than $10?!

I was thinking about buying it at Amazon for $15, but it was going to cost $25 after shipping and taxes, even with the cheapest shipping method.

It looks like I’ll be getting it on PSN instead and save $15.

And I get BL2 for free later this month! It looks like I’ll be set for the next couple of months as both of these games should provide over 200 hours between the two.

+ CrusaderForever on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:36 am said:

If I buy FFXIV RR for the PS3 for $10 is it then free on the PS4? Does this $10 version come with the 30 free days?

Thanks, love the discounts!

+ TwinDad on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:36 am said:

I’m so double dipping on Ni No Kuni.

I’m considering the Rainbow Moon vita upgrade.

+ PhoenixDowny on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:37 am said:

Well this is rather impressive! Ni No Kuni on sale for $10.00 is unbelievable! I’ve always wanted to buy it and now I shall! Rainbow Moon is what I’ve been wanting on my PS Vita for a long time now and Borderlands II on PSPlus means I can now go pick up a second controller for our family living-room PS3. I just wish Sony PlayStation would make Shadow of the Colossus playable on the PS Vita with trophies.

+ djsaiyan on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:39 am said:

@45

Yes and yes.

All copies of FFXIV come with a 30 day trial. All PS3 owners get a free upgrade to the PS4 version.

+ ioshi_US on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:39 am said:

Rainbow Moon is mine!!!

+ iREVOLTER on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:41 am said:

NNK for 9.79$ a MUST! Already bought it on Disc )). Terraria looks good and FF XIV for 10$ is nice; but meeeh for monthly Sub. Defiance for 2.5$ , is it good to play alone or it a must be with friends ?

I’ll wait for next week sale. Thx anyway.

PAGE 1 2 3 5