PS4 - Destiny

PS Plus: GRID 2 Free for PS Plus Members

Kristine Steimer's Avatar + Posted by Kristine Steimer on Dec 02, 2013 // Sr. Community Specialist

Hop in to the driver’s seat with GRID 2 on PS3, coming to you free for PS Plus members to kick off the month of December. In addition to GRID 2, you’ll also note the start of the PlayStation Store Holiday Sale! The first week brings in some of this year’s best titles including Ni No Kuni, Remember Me, and Terraria; all at really really good prices.

You can take advantage of all these PS Plus benefits after the PlayStation Store updates tomorrow, 12/3.

PlayStation Plus Update 12-3-2013
PlayStation Plus: Instant Game Collection

GRID 2(PS3)

Free for PS Plus members, Regular Price: $35.99

PlayStation Plus - GRID 2
Be fast, be first and be famous as you join the elite in ‘World Series Racing’ where the greatest cars, drivers and events come together in the search for a new motorsport icon. Experience aggressive racing against advanced AI and become immersed in the race with GRID 2’s new TrueFeel™ Handling system which powers edge-of-control exhilaration behind the wheel of every iconic car. An extensive, separate online campaign powered by RaceNet sets new standards in the genre. Welcome back to racing.

PlayStation Plus: Discounts

Holiday Sale (Week1)

It’s week 1 of the PlayStation Store Holiday Sale! Check out these slammin’ sales on some of gaming’s best and check back over the next few weeks to see what else is on deck for a hefty PS Plus discount.

Game Title PS Plus Price Regular Price
Defiance $2.50 $4.99
Defiance Deluxe Edition $7.50 $14.99
Army Of Two The Devil’s Cartel $7.50 $14.99
The Bureau: XCOM Declassified $20.99 $29.99
Remember Me $19.19 $23.99
Terraria $3.75 $7.49
Ni No Kuni: Wrath Of The White Witch $9.79 $13.99
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn $10.00 $19.99
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Collectors Edition $15.00 $29.99
Rocksmith 2014 $29.39 $41.99

Other Discounts

In addition to the PlayStation Store Holiday Sale, have a look at these additional discounts including the wonderful Rainbow Moon on PS Vita.

Game Title PS Plus Price Regular Price
Tiny Brains $15.99 $19.99
Draw Slasher $2.99 $4.99
Rainbow Moon $11.99 $14.99
Rainbow Moon Cross-Save Bundle $17.99 $22.49
Rainbow Moon Ps3 Player Special Offer $5.99 $7.49

PlayStation Plus: Last Chance

We’ll be back next week to add another title to the Instant Game Collection as well as more discounts, Holiday Sale Week 2 info, and more.

If you’ve got feedback on today’s Plus update make sure vote in the poll and leave a comment below. To discuss all things PlayStation, including this update, you can also head over to the PlayStation Community Forums where you’ll find topics you can contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself.

+ ThiagoArroadie on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:41 am said:

Not even a mention of the PS4 ???
Whats happening, Sony? We bought the console and the Plus service expecting the monthly free games and your break on the FIRST month? :o(

+ Spine999 on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:42 am said:

Are we gonna get some discounted DLC for grid2?

+ TeamGreen615 on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:44 am said:

Grid 2 looks fun thanks PS+! Rainbow Moon on the Vita is something I’ve been waiting for also. Anyone else looking for a good game for the Vita I highly recommend Ys Memories of Celceta. 9/10 in my book!

+ INGENIERO_MAYA on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:45 am said:

discount season pass of borderland 2 & gravity rush pleaseeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!111

+ jwbrobst on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:45 am said:

Will these prices not show if I’m on a trial of PS+?

Specifically I’m looking at the sony entertainment web store and I’m trying to find the deal on Final Fantasy: XIV

+ jayrabbit on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:47 am said:

@50 Defiance can be played alone without any problems, though how they made it you pretty much are doing co-op just by being in the same area as another person as you can team up without having to join a party so most of the harder quest you just show up and join in the fray.

+ tnaires on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:49 am said:

Hey, just a question about GRID 2: does it come with an online pass?

+ bosskillerz87 on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:50 am said:

Is Ni No Kuni: Wrath Of The White Witch for real?? only $10? is it a bad game?? I’m planning to buy this but please don’t make this free for the next month or so.. im still waiting for “catherine” :)

+ avatarguy on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:50 am said:

Is terraria for vita on sale or is it just the ps3 version

+ bbbrian2013 on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:51 am said:

Guys these ARE NOT THE FLASH SALES!!!

The flash sales are coming December 2nd

This clearly says these start December 3rd

+ igorrocks2 on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:51 am said:

Army Two and Remember me for now …

+ jonjon0890 on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:52 am said:

Remember tomorrow is the last day for the spend $60 get $10 back promo.

+ MrSignal on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:52 am said:

@38 Yes there is a monthly fee for FFXIV(14):ARR. At least $10/month.

Ni No Kuni is an amazing deal on a great game, but be warned that it is at least 40GB in size.
This is to those of you with painfully low data caps.

Might be tempted by Terraria, but I’m waiting to see if there are any other deals going up.

+ KnifingGrimace on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:53 am said:

More people buying FFXIV so I can play with them? Hooray!

+ P3GASUS_EXE on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:54 am said:

Was looking forward to GRID 2. Hope to see more games of this caliber make into the Instant Game Collection.

+ WICKEDGHOST187 on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:55 am said:

Hey kristine will we be getting the ign app today and will we ever get the hbo go app can you please tell me

+ iREVOLTER on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:56 am said:

@56 Thx, might get the game since its just 2.5) for this price its a steal for a 6 month old game even its a mediocre game in some places .

P.S: Ni No Kuni should be bought for that price, so Level5/Namco and Sony could start development of 2nd part on PS4 .

+ Teflon02 on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:57 am said:

So dumb, won’t change the Vita annual titles, PS4 gets no titles for December, once you guys start giving better titles for the Vita, I own every one of em already smh. PS+ lost all it’s value to me, cause of what they did, where they put Rayman Origins on Vita for sale then like a week after announce it’s free on PS+

+ ChaseHammerJ on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:57 am said:

Everyone better jump on Defiance for this price. Shooter MMO that is about to release its first expansion.

And to answer some, yes you can play alone.

+ optic0nx on December 2nd, 2013 at 8:57 am said:

@ blackiemist88 – The Playstation App for phones work fine for me. I have the HTC One and have no problems. Which phone do you have?

+ yrdr on December 2nd, 2013 at 9:00 am said:

I will definitely get Ni NO KUNI, Grid 2 , and Defiance. I dont know so much about defiance but some of my friends said its great. I hope it is. Greats sales Sony keep up the great work.

+ Elranzer on December 2nd, 2013 at 9:00 am said:

Seems like Square Enix is just giving away Final Fantasy XIV… on anything that’s not the PS4. Can’t sway me with your $9.99 prices on PS3 and PC. I’m holding off for the confirmed PS4 version!

+ blakseed on December 2nd, 2013 at 9:01 am said:

Those discounts…..nice.

+ Mando44646 on December 2nd, 2013 at 9:01 am said:

no Vita sales? Come on guys! Show some love to the Vita for this Xmas

+ secularsage on December 2nd, 2013 at 9:02 am said:

Ni No Kuni at $10 is a steal.

And I’m willing to buy Terraria for the PS3 despite owning the PC Steam version because I’ve heard the PS3 version is improved in every way. But I can’t help but feel that the promised Vita version will be even better. Is there even a slight chance this one’ll be cross-buy for those who are early adopters?

+ secularsage on December 2nd, 2013 at 9:04 am said:

Those complaining about Vita sales are, I’d hope, new Vita owners eager to get their hands on great Vita games.

Because seriously, folks, 2013 has been all about Vita sales. I vastly increased the size of my Vita games library this year with all of the insane sales they’ve had.

+ ozzu1980 on December 2nd, 2013 at 9:04 am said:

Can anyone tell me diference between:

Rainbow Moon $11.99 $14.99
and
Rainbow Moon Ps3 Player Special Offer $5.99 $7.49

???

+ djsaiyan on December 2nd, 2013 at 9:05 am said:

@72

The PS4 version is free to people who own the PS3 version. You can jump on it now, and all your character data will carry over when it drops on the PS4 next year.

+ INFIDEL_JIHAD on December 2nd, 2013 at 9:05 am said:

@#51 they said 1 game per month for Ps4 … The 15th is when they gave us Contrast and Resogun … They still have some time seeing as how on the 15th of dec we will have had Contrast & resogun for a month … No?

That being said I’m anxiously awaiting the Ps4 plus december offering too… I just hope they don’t give flower lol

+ Otaku_Power on December 2nd, 2013 at 9:05 am said:

Wow, amazing discounts :D!

+ OddMrT on December 2nd, 2013 at 9:06 am said:

I’ve heard nothing but good things about Ni No Kuni. I’m sure I’ll jump on it for $10 which means it will probably be free with PS+ next month. Always seems to be the way of my luck. Also really curious about Defiance, is it worthwhile for single player?

+ djsaiyan on December 2nd, 2013 at 9:06 am said:

@77

One is for people who don’t own the game on PS3 already, the other is for people who already own the PS3 version and want to pick up the Vita one.

The cross-save bundle has both versions in it.

+ atoyikaganubon on December 2nd, 2013 at 9:07 am said:

Ni No Kuni for $9.79? YES! Perfect for my $10 back. Thanks for this, been wanting to buy this a couple of months ago when it went down to $20.

+ berlaitada on December 2nd, 2013 at 9:11 am said:

@63 Thanks man :) I was thinking about getting FFXIV but if it has a monthly fee I’ll pass, for Ni No Kuni I’ll have to free up some space but I think it’s totally gonna be worth it, I’ve been waiting forever to get this game at a nice price and for under 10 bucks it’s just too damn sweet to pass up :D

+ jimmyjam14810 on December 2nd, 2013 at 9:12 am said:

Bummed kinda hoping borderlands was this week not grid 2 gonna pick up rainbow moon on vita and try out defiance for 2.50 why not

+ ItaChu on December 2nd, 2013 at 9:12 am said:

NNK, Defiance and Army of Two for me …. :) and Grid 2 …. and to think next week there will be more deals :( … oh my wallet!!!

+ pudgenet on December 2nd, 2013 at 9:14 am said:

Drat. I *just* got my Platinum in GRID 2 on Saturday night.

+ ItaChu on December 2nd, 2013 at 9:14 am said:

and if you dont have FFXIV … get it!! when it comes out for PS4 you can upgrade to that version for free :) yes it has a monthly payment… but its just 12.99 or 14.99 … you can pay that :) and the game is very good :)

+ DarkOne_PR on December 2nd, 2013 at 9:16 am said:

HOLY ****! FF14 10 bucks!!! JESUS!!!!

+ Bogg1000 on December 2nd, 2013 at 9:21 am said:

Is the Rainbow Moon Ps3 Player Special Offer the price people that have the ps3 version will have to pay for the Vita version?

+ lynx0009 on December 2nd, 2013 at 9:22 am said:

on the Canadian store there is a notice saying about new Flash sales coming on December 2. (Cyber Monday,) I suppose that iw was simply a continuation on the Flash deals from the weekend?

+ divineLite on December 2nd, 2013 at 9:28 am said:

finally rainbow moon
even better it got psplus discount, day one download for sure

hope there will be discount for Atelier Meruru+, Flower, and Malicious Rebirth
havent get them because I wait for discount

+ mvillatoro on December 2nd, 2013 at 9:34 am said:

Vita for nothing?
as usual

+ Squiggle55 on December 2nd, 2013 at 9:34 am said:

How in the world is Ni No Kuni being sold for that little? Just amazing.

+ gibranrazo on December 2nd, 2013 at 9:37 am said:

hey guys whats this “Flash Warning 12.2.13″ will be a special offer today cus the cyber monday?

+ Splathew on December 2nd, 2013 at 9:37 am said:

I’m debating getting Ni No Kuni. I’m pretty sure I would like it but it takes me forever to download games and it’s like 22 GB…

+ Fardeenah on December 2nd, 2013 at 9:38 am said:

nothing for vita? please change the ps plus vita games line up! come on!

+ slferx on December 2nd, 2013 at 9:38 am said:

does anyone know when ni no kuni will be on sale still says 19.99 for me

+ bajor27 on December 2nd, 2013 at 9:42 am said:

Count me in for Terraria. Hope it ends up being Cross-Busy whenever the Vita version is released – It’s supposed to be this month.

Hard to pass on Defiance for $2.50 too. We’ll see

+ Splathew on December 2nd, 2013 at 9:44 am said:

@slferx – When the PS store updates tomorrow. There is never a set time just sometime tomorrow.