PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered

PS4 Global Sales Update

Andrew House's Avatar + Posted by Andrew House on Dec 03, 2013 // President and Group CEO, Sony Computer Entertainment

In what is shaping up to be a historic year for gamers, I’m delighted to share an important new milestone with you. PS4’s North American debut on November 15th was PlayStation’s largest ever, with more than one million gamers picking up a PS4 in just 24 hours. Now, with PS4’s global launch expanding to a total of 32 countries worldwide, including Europe and Latin America, I’m proud to announce that more than 2.1 million PS4s have been sold.

It’s an impressive and record-setting accomplishment for our company and for our industry, and we couldn’t have done it without you. I want to personally thank PlayStation fans, both old and new, for your vote of confidence. The best part: the PS4 journey has just begun. In addition to an incredible lineup of PS4 games from the best developers in the world, we will continue to introduce valuable new features and services to PS4 in the months and years ahead.

While PS4’s capabilities will continue to evolve, our commitment to gamers and breakthrough entertainment remains steadfast. We believe that videogames represent the pinnacle of artistry and entertainment, and we will work tirelessly to make sure that PlayStation remains the best place to play.

Thank you for your passion and your support — we couldn’t have done this without you.

222 Comments   1 Reply

PAGE 1 2 3 5

+ jelanidozier on December 3rd, 2013 at 12:07 am said:

Awesome!!

+ aibaby on December 3rd, 2013 at 12:09 am said:

YES! Love Live the King!

+ AVPVM on December 3rd, 2013 at 12:09 am said:

No, thank YOU for making the best gaming system to date! Ps4 is just awesome.

+ SlyCooperFan100 on December 3rd, 2013 at 12:10 am said:

Congratulations, Sony!!!!

+ XeahuleXolic on December 3rd, 2013 at 12:11 am said:

I am glad to be apart of it on day 1, the PS4 is truly the best and it’s going to get even better from here on out.

+ ho0lee0h on December 3rd, 2013 at 12:12 am said:

Congratulations!! Looking forward to a new generation of gaming.

+ Staple-Tape on December 3rd, 2013 at 12:12 am said:

That is very impressive. Keep it up.

+ AguilarX on December 3rd, 2013 at 12:12 am said:

Glad to hear!! Will be joining in January!

+ GOD_OF_GAMES3 on December 3rd, 2013 at 12:14 am said:

Simply Amazing!!!!!!!!!!

+ EvoAnubis on December 3rd, 2013 at 12:14 am said:

PlayStation regains the Iron Throne!

Seriously, I think we’re going to see a renaissance of gaming that hasn’t been seen since the PS2 era. Sony’s push to get indy support and the PS4′s ease of development is going to mean a TON of wonderful and very creative titles, and they’re going to come fast after year one. Add that to the best first party developer teams in the entire industry and you’ve got a recipe for something truly fantastic.

Greatness no longer Awaits…it has ARRIVED. Hell of a job, Sony.

+ NYPUNK88 on December 3rd, 2013 at 12:15 am said:

Congrats, Sony!

+ MarkakaJin on December 3rd, 2013 at 12:18 am said:

Live in your world. Play in ours.

+ Shinigami_Death_ on December 3rd, 2013 at 12:18 am said:

And thnk u Sony PlayStation for making an putting out a all together great console. i am 22 an have been a apart of this great family ever since i was 4 years old back in 1995. Keep up the terrific this you are all doing an proving yourselves. Once again Congrats… love u

+ kcharris on December 3rd, 2013 at 12:18 am said:

Hey, since sony’s sales did so well, can sony reward its customers with a free game in commemoration?

+ Sharp2klol on December 3rd, 2013 at 12:20 am said:

Hail to the king baby!

+ Hokage_45678 on December 3rd, 2013 at 12:20 am said:

It was tough finding a PS4 in Canada and I was afraid I wouldn’t be able to find one. Luckily there was a stock of PS4′s in my nearest Bestbuy and I quickly grabbed it! I will thoroughly enjoy this console as I have played just a bit of it and its awesome!!!

+ jbrewer72019 on December 3rd, 2013 at 12:20 am said:

I can’t get one because i couldn’t get playstation plus so right when i get it i couldn’t update it

+ jdtanate_28 on December 3rd, 2013 at 12:20 am said:

Congrats!

+ REVOLUCIONARIO on December 3rd, 2013 at 12:24 am said:

Nice!! I live in California and can’t find any PlayStation 4 console… Sony need to keep up with the demand!

+ kkelmers on December 3rd, 2013 at 12:25 am said:

Congrats!

+ Enetico on December 3rd, 2013 at 12:28 am said:

Congrats! Glad to be a part of it. Please keep up the great work and vision you guys are showing.

+ TimeSkipLuffyUS on December 3rd, 2013 at 12:29 am said:

How about you fix redeem voucher functionality? I kinda want to redeem my PS+ codes…
Selling machines is one thing, providing reliable fast service another. It’s like you are only interested to sell your console as much and fast as possible but have no resources what lies beneath it…

Andrew House's Avatar

+ Sid Shuman on December 3rd, 2013 at 12:34 am said:

Have you tried today? We should be nearly back at full capacity for redemption. Give it a try (and sorry for the trouble)

+ DJ-FenFen on December 3rd, 2013 at 12:29 am said:

Congratulations Sony! I’m proud to have been a part of this on Day 1! I hope to see some great games,regardless if they are exclusives or multiplats!

+ snakeman07 on December 3rd, 2013 at 12:33 am said:

I love you Sony :D

@#22 As far as I’m concerned, the redeem voucher is fixed. If you have a PS3, just go to account management and redeem codes from there, it works just fine.

+ EternityInGaming on December 3rd, 2013 at 12:34 am said:

Got mine on launch day. Remote Play and Stand-by mode are amazing. As well as the controller. I didn’t mind DS3 but DS4 sure let me know there is always room for improvement. And Improve you guys did!

+ Roivas2K7 on December 3rd, 2013 at 12:34 am said:

Wow!!! Very impressive!!!

+ Gorakka on December 3rd, 2013 at 12:34 am said:

I love being part of the Sony PS4 family, because I get to chant the following:

“We’re number 1! We’re number 1! “

+ DaNTi3L on December 3rd, 2013 at 12:36 am said:

Awesome keep the momentum going and congratulations

+ carlosoporto on December 3rd, 2013 at 12:38 am said:

Awesome! Next gen is coming full speed, hopefully I will get a PSVita & PS4 combo next year. Till then I will win the games on my pending PS3 list and get some trophies. Once again thank you Sony for all this years of great gaming and awesome exclusive, please keep more exclusive coming to the PS4 and also for Vita, the Vita need that kind of games to get more attention. A happy member of gamesdealers.com

+ Kchow23 on December 3rd, 2013 at 12:40 am said:

Wow! Congratulations, really enjoying my PS4 so far.. DAT DS4 :)

+ Kchow23 on December 3rd, 2013 at 12:41 am said:

On the other hand, please get on fixing the sub account issue… the only dark spot in my PS4 experience. I would love to be able to upgrade to a master account to use the Share functionality or at least give the master account the option to block or enable the Share features!

+ TomHoang on December 3rd, 2013 at 12:41 am said:

PlayStation Nation! Proud to be one of the 2.1 million, now just make more machines for people to buy :)

+ JBrodin on December 3rd, 2013 at 12:43 am said:

Congratulations Sony, I’ve been there with you from the start and I’m sure as hell not going anywhere.
You are doing a wonderful job visualizing the future of gaming for us, the gamers.

Thank you.

+ xTheDeadlyBeaver on December 3rd, 2013 at 12:44 am said:

Great job Sony. I’ve been part of the Playstation Nation since 1997. Its so nice to see Sony back on top!!

+ sillynanny13 on December 3rd, 2013 at 12:45 am said:

Let me know when Gen 2 is coming out – i’ll be first in line. Too many glitches with gen 1 PS consoles.

+ amigo_guapito on December 3rd, 2013 at 12:46 am said:

Congrats Sony..Now give us Driveclub Plus as a reward to us..

+ yazter on December 3rd, 2013 at 12:47 am said:

any giveaways or rewards to celebrate? XD

+ Virtual-Assassin on December 3rd, 2013 at 12:49 am said:

Thank you for making such a great console!

+ TomHoang on December 3rd, 2013 at 12:51 am said:

Now I want to know how many Plus subscribers there are, especially after the PS4 launch and Black Friday sale. I’m even more proud to be an early adopter of the service :)

+ JumpMan33 on December 3rd, 2013 at 12:55 am said:

Loving my PS4

Keep up the good work and keep putting out great games :)

+ NYY4lyfe224 on December 3rd, 2013 at 12:59 am said:

Amazing console deserves amazing praise!!! Way to go Sony!!! People are loving it and so am I!!

+ EL-3CIO on December 3rd, 2013 at 1:09 am said:

i being waiting to buy my ps4. i didn’t preoder it ,.. when are u bringing more ps4 to retails stores…

+ diogojsv_26 on December 3rd, 2013 at 1:09 am said:

I believe in Sony. I believe the PS Vita. I believe the PS4.

+ dreddBGR on December 3rd, 2013 at 1:12 am said:

When the problem is solved with a deficit playstation 4 in Russia? Its not possible to buy at the store. They are not commercially available.

+ Fantast1cus on December 3rd, 2013 at 1:17 am said:

now that’s fantast1c! SONY is #1!

+ Thiagots85 on December 3rd, 2013 at 1:17 am said:

Loved my Ps1, great games…. epic franchises were born in that system

Loved my ps2, great games…. epic franchises were born in that system

Love my ps3, great games…. epic franchises are still being shown in this awesome system

Love my vita…. it’s getting more strength and love everyday

….

Wish I could have a PS4 now to say I love… but, I’m a friend of yours from Brazil, so….

Anyway…. Congrats, Sony…. I know you have put any wrong steps with the ps3 aside, and now though on the consumer with your system… well, at least a majority of them…

keep the good games coming…. and please… please… please

BRING SYPHON FILTER BACK =D

a remaster of the first ones would be perfect *.*

+ iREVOLTER on December 3rd, 2013 at 1:22 am said:

Gratz and keep the machines coming … People need moar and moar consoles, so everyone can enjoy the greatness.

+ Elvick_ on December 3rd, 2013 at 1:27 am said:

Keep up the momentum, Sony! :D

You deserve to win again.

+ HollowStrike on December 3rd, 2013 at 1:33 am said:

Thank you Sony!

+ PiggehSnout on December 3rd, 2013 at 1:41 am said:

Congrats to the best gaming console of this decade, Sony! :D

PAGE 1 2 3 5