Minecraft PS4

How to Earn a Fortune in Super Motherload

Skye Boyes's Avatar + Posted by Skye Boyes on Dec 04, 2013 // CEO and Founder, XGen Studios

Super Motherload Tips and Tricks, 05

Hello, fellow miners! In case you missed the news, PS3 owners can now get their hands on Super Motherload and dig up some Martian gems with their friends.

In the wake of the PS3 launch, and to treat our players on PS4, today’s post is all about tips and tricks — helping you to maximize your mining (and edging out the “friendly” competition). Follow these tips and you’ll have your gold Trophies in no time!

Faster, Stronger: Dig straight shafts down to expedite returning to the surface. It’s often worth the cost of bombs to ensure a better tunnel for speedy, collision-free travel.

Efficiency = Much Better: Fuel consumption is highest when digging and flying. Refrain from revving the engine when descending and stay still while figuring out puzzles to conserve fuel.

Make a Small Fortune: Consider your actions carefully when solving puzzles. A careless blast can render the reward irretrievable and result in bomber’s remorse.

Super Motherload Tips and Tricks, 02Super Motherload Tips and Tricks, 01

Be More Cautious This Time, Comrade: C4 destroys a 5×5 area, TNT destroys 3×3, and Shaft Bombs destroy 1×9. This can can mean the difference between grabbing valuable gemstones and wiping worthless dust from your hull.

Best Improve Yer Game Plan: Using DualShock 4’s touch pad to detonate bombs is much faster than cycling with the bumpers. Beat your “comrades” to the best loot by swiping Left for TNT, Up for C4, Right for T-Bombs, Down for Shaft Bombs and Clicking for Electron Bombs.

Ooh, This Don’t Look Safe: Lava is usually best avoided, but it can be worth trading a few scorch marks on your hull for tasty rewards when you’re low on bombs.

I Regret Everything: Steel plates can be melted with Electron Bombs, but the remnants are still hot enough to deal damage. Shrewd miners know to blast away the remnants with explosives before proceeding.

Super Motherload Tips and Tricks, 03

Cheat Death: Upgrade your fuel tank whenever possible, and watch your fuel like a hawk. You’ll need a well-equipped digging machine to make it in hardcore mode — ideally with an unlocked character. You may have to start a few games with the same character to earn enough cash. Teleporters are your friend.

A Vehicle to their Undoing: Different Specials are available at shop bases each game, and multiple playthroughs are required to collect them all.

A Lucrative Selection: Each unlockable character has a different special ability that will come in handy on future missions into Mars.

Thing o’ Beauty: There’s a secret shop that’s more well-stocked than others.

It Can be Cruel Beneath the Surface: Be prepared for the deepest depths of Mars. Plenty of bombs, an upgraded rotor, high hull strength and a decent radar will help you in reaching your destiny. Good luck, comrade; the fate of Universe is in your hands.

Super Motherload is available now for PS4 and PS3.

17 Comments   1 Reply

+ SupaBilly on December 4th, 2013 at 9:13 am said:

Awesome

+ DJHaole on December 4th, 2013 at 9:34 am said:

I played the demo at a kiosk at Gametop for almost an Hour, I am going to have to pick this up.

Skye Boyes's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on December 4th, 2013 at 10:02 am said:

Do it. So good!

+ HebrewHammer on December 4th, 2013 at 9:47 am said:

I’m actually playing Super Motherload as I type this. It’s one of, if not THE best PS4 launch title. So much replay value. And thanks for those suggestions! Some, I haven’t found out on my own yet.

Thank you Sony for this indie push – it’s paying off already.

+ SDkngsht on December 4th, 2013 at 10:11 am said:

another game it’d be cool to see in the PSN store for PS4.

+ WorcesterRaider on December 4th, 2013 at 10:17 am said:

So cool that it uses the track pad. Is this not on the PSN for PS4? Thought it was.

+ HebrewHammer on December 4th, 2013 at 10:28 am said:

It is on the PS4 PSN store guys.

+ SkeeJay on December 4th, 2013 at 10:33 am said:

If you’re looking for a great 4 player co-op gem this is your game! It can also end friendships so make sure to occasionally share the wealth.

+ johnnyp70 on December 4th, 2013 at 10:35 am said:

The creators of this game are very cool. I got a free game code from them in a Reddit AMA the week of launch, and they answered a ton of questions. I need to make more time for this game.

+ Hogwild333 on December 4th, 2013 at 1:11 pm said:

Thanks for the tips. I’ve found this game is perfect to play while watching TV because you can just stop moving while you are watching TV and then switch back to the game during a boring section of the show. I find this game very relaxing and rewarding.

+ dontdodrugs2 on December 4th, 2013 at 3:38 pm said:

Wasn’t this an old flash game? It was also free.

+ Matrix_Lion on December 4th, 2013 at 3:51 pm said:

The game his me intrigued. I’m going to give it a shot.

+ Sum-Mischief on December 4th, 2013 at 4:25 pm said:

I played it and its addicting. I would like some friends to play it with though

+ tusunami on December 4th, 2013 at 4:36 pm said:

I still haven’t bought this game, might have to checkout a demo eventually.

+ Pangolin414 on December 4th, 2013 at 10:03 pm said:

Xgen, you’re the best!

I was a huge fan of the original game, and probably played through it 20+ times. Bought Super Motherload day 1, and it’s a massive improvement in pretty much every way. It’s great solo or “co-op” with friends (just make sure your friends aren’t selfish bastards like mine ;p ). I also really like all the puzzle elements you’ve added to the game with combos, chains, and bomb challenges.

The only requests I have are for some game options to split the difference between normal and hardcore mode (there’s nothing quite like the original game mode), and an in-game option to delete character data (if you could delete individual characters that would be even better).

If you haven’t bought the game yet, purchase it immediately. You won’t regret it (except when you stop interacting with the real world entirely).

Keep up the good work guys!!

+ Welmosca on December 5th, 2013 at 9:27 am said:

Yo guys…I just wanted to say that the soundtrack of this game is plain amazing……..its really great….looking forward to get Super Motherload on PS3 ASAP…gotta ask this though…any chance of Super Motherload going to Vita even without cross-buy?…that would be sweet.

+ Zoddan269 on December 8th, 2013 at 11:13 am said:

Amy Farrah Fowler with a 1960’s 8mm recorder/transponder gun wow guys great look a like!

+ PhoenixDowny on December 9th, 2013 at 5:14 pm said:

I must admit that I’m disappointed that Super Motherload isn’t on the PS Vita yet.