Far Cry 4

The Drop: New PlayStation Releases for December 10th, 2013

Ryan Clements's Avatar + Posted by Ryan Clements on Dec 08, 2013 // Social Media Specialist

The Drop

Sometimes life sends a challenge our way, and we need to work through it to better ourselves, and those around us. Other times, life sends us an adorable robot who’s ready to solve our problems and learn about humanity. With its friend, Alien Jeff. You know, the usual stuff.

This week sees the charming and unusual adventure, Doki-Doki Universe, arrive on PS4, PS3, and PS Vita — with total cross buy support across all three platforms. From the creator of ToeJam & Earl, Doki-Doki Universe features the quirky adventures of QT3 and the memorable characters it meets along the way. A Starter Pack will enable you to play for free before investing in the full experience, so give it a try.

For those of you craving some spice this week, consider Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God for PS Vita. This grid-based JRPG follows the aspiring sorceress Pupuru in her attempt to save her friend’s curry restaurant from going under. Explore dungeons, defeat wacky creatures, and gather ingredients for the perfect curry!

For a full list of games coming to the world of PlayStation this week, head below. And enjoy the Drop!

Doki Doki Universe, 03

Doki-Doki Universe
Mahjong Royal Towers
Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God
Strength of the Sword 3

New PlayStation Releases This Week

PS4, PS3, PS Vita — Digital
Guide the adorable QT3 along its journey to better understand humanity — all through curious conversation. Learn more about your friend Alien Jeff, take personality quizzes, and help self-conscious snowmen. Cross buy.
PS Vita — Digital
Enjoy mahjong across more than 100 unique levels, set in 6 regal locations. Build up your skill, and perhaps the royal treasury’s door will open to you…
PS Vita — Digital, Retail
Aspiring sorceress Pupuru sets out to save her friend’s curry restaurant from the big, bad curry chain that moved in. Crawl through dungeons and defeat creatures to find ingredients for the legendary curry. But beware: failure will rob Pupuru of her levels and items!
PS3 — Digital
Prepare for a brutal challenge. A brawler with dozens of combos to use across 12 stages. Unlock new swords and shields to take down baddies and bosses alike. Includes a challenge pit with four difficulty levels.

Demos and Betas

Doki-Doki Universe Demo — PS4, PS3, PS Vita
Puppeteer Demo — PS3

The information above is subject to change without notice.

PAGE 1 2 3
Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on December 8th, 2013 at 9:30 am said:

Come one, come all, to the Drop.

+ Aramisamour on December 8th, 2013 at 9:32 am said:

Darn it, I will be first one day!!!1

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on December 8th, 2013 at 9:33 am said:

It’s okay! As the author, I have the upper hand! ;)

+ Genexi2 on December 8th, 2013 at 9:34 am said:

Going to have to end up getting my Vita some NERF Armor for when I pick up Sorcery Saga.

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on December 8th, 2013 at 9:37 am said:

A wise suggestion.

+ CaptainPotassium on December 8th, 2013 at 9:35 am said:

Any word on the release date for 1001 Spikes???

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on December 8th, 2013 at 9:39 am said:

I don’t have any information on that one. I’ll look into it.

Cheers!

+ ThumbsOfSteel74 on December 8th, 2013 at 9:35 am said:

Yay demos! :)

+ MrGReaperAlso on December 8th, 2013 at 9:35 am said:

this the psn+ free game for ps4 this month?
havent seen what game it is yet.

+ asilentnoise on December 8th, 2013 at 9:36 am said:

BEYOND !

When is Wolf Among Us coming to Vita ?

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on December 8th, 2013 at 9:41 am said:

Beyond! I don’t have updates for you on that one. Have you tried reaching out to @TellTaleGames?

+ XxANGELO_223xX on December 8th, 2013 at 9:36 am said:

NOTHING FOR ME. :( I WANT PS4 GAMES{ M 17+}

+ joseph881 on December 8th, 2013 at 9:37 am said:

What ever happened to flOw being released on PS4?

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on December 8th, 2013 at 9:40 am said:

Flow was rescheduled for a later date — stay tuned!

+ Jacobian360 on December 8th, 2013 at 9:37 am said:

I need more PS4 games, not trying to be that entitled guy, but I need more content! Come on 2 weeks of small downloadables! I am interested in Doki Doki though but still!! lol

+ StingrayX on December 8th, 2013 at 9:39 am said:

Any update on War Thunder and Flow coming in NA?

+ DaWolf619 on December 8th, 2013 at 9:41 am said:

Picked up a 32gb card during Cyber Monday, now to add to my Vita Library with Doki Doki and Mahjongg Towers. Yes you read that correctly.

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on December 8th, 2013 at 9:42 am said:

Nothing wrong with that. Enjoy!

+ Pabloo1010 on December 8th, 2013 at 9:42 am said:

For the Love of God, Bring Puppeteer to PS4 and PS Vita asap! If that game was a launch title for PS4, it would have had a MUCH brighter spotlight shone on it’s brilliance.

It deserves better.

+ MrGReaperAlso on December 8th, 2013 at 9:42 am said:

i hasten to add, we were told with psn+ we would have a new ps4 game every month, its why i brought the service after all.

+ Pabloo1010 on December 8th, 2013 at 9:44 am said:

Everyone try the Puppeteer demo, and consider buying the full game and supporting the new IP. It’s basically Sony’s Mario in my eyes.

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on December 8th, 2013 at 9:50 am said:

Yes, everyone should try Puppeteer!

Thanks for your support.

+ QuasarJones on December 8th, 2013 at 9:44 am said:

Is there any update planned for the yearly IGC vita games?
Thanks!

+ DesertAss2in on December 8th, 2013 at 9:49 am said:

BEYOND! I’m strangely interested in that Curry game!

Ryan Clements's Avatar

+ Ryan Clements on December 8th, 2013 at 9:50 am said:

As am I…

…I do love JRPGs, though, so maybe it’s not that strange.

+ frankaster1987 on December 8th, 2013 at 9:57 am said:

more metal gear for PSvita please?
MGS. portable ops, and MGAcid 1&2!!!

+ secularsage on December 8th, 2013 at 10:00 am said:

Ryan – now that Terraria has a Dec 17 release date and has been announced for Cross-Play support, do you have any details on whether or not there will be Cross Buy or discounts for those who own the PS3 version?

I’m so stoked that Terraria is finally going portable… the Vita is going to be the perfect platform for it! (Let’s hope Starbound has a smoother ride through the approval process…)

+ stephen200 on December 8th, 2013 at 10:00 am said:

im having trouble signing into psn on my ps3 i updated my system to 4.50 now when i try to login i cant and when i look for updates it say the network may be down for maintenance i checked and it said the next maintenance date would be the 9th

+ Lodi16B on December 8th, 2013 at 10:05 am said:

Doki Doki! The Vita is on a roll. Keep em’ coming PlayStation!

+ secularsage on December 8th, 2013 at 10:07 am said:

@13 — You are so incredibly right. Puppeteer would have been a critically-acclaimed must-have launch title for PS4 instead of a commercially-ignored critical darling. I think it’s much more exciting and interesting than Knack has proven to be, and it’s a shame so few people are talking about it.

This has really been the PS3’s year for great exclusives. I’ve been lukewarm on a lot of the PS3’s exclusive series (Infamous, Resistance, Killzone, LittleBigPlanet, etc) because they’ve been good, but haven’t felt particularly special to me. God of War has gotten sort of played-out too. Uncharted has been the only series I could really point to and say, “This is why you need a PS3.”

Until this year, that is. Because holy moly — The Last of Us and Puppeteer have not only been two of the best games of this generation, but really two of the best games ever made.

+ NX_Nytrux on December 8th, 2013 at 10:08 am said:

PS2 Classics? Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria?

+ FifthDream on December 8th, 2013 at 10:09 am said:

I didn’t realize Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God was coming so soon! So i rushed and just preordered the “Hot and Spicy, Everything Nicey Limited Edition” that comes with a curry bowl, spoon, and bib. Can’t wait to play it in a few days.

I also want Doki-Doki Universe a lot.

+ Slackr on December 8th, 2013 at 10:11 am said:

Is war thunder coming soon? Please say it is. :-[

+ Todoh789 on December 8th, 2013 at 10:12 am said:

Hi do you have any info on the release date of:
Broken Sword 5 for Vita
Mr. Driller PSX Classic
Gradius V PS2 Classic
on US PSN?

+ eggmiester28 on December 8th, 2013 at 10:13 am said:

A slow week but Doki-Doki Universe looks interesting.

+ Tinye310 on December 8th, 2013 at 10:15 am said:

Lots of PSVita love! good news for when I get it for Christmas. Can’t wait!

+ president2038 on December 8th, 2013 at 10:16 am said:

Beyond, Ryan. Where is The Wolf Among Us Episode 1 Vita? It was supposed to be coming this Fall but we’re 1/4 through December…

+ Onvertic on December 8th, 2013 at 10:17 am said:

Clements, any word on why the 3 Invizimals psp games are not on the playstation store?

+ djsaiyan on December 8th, 2013 at 10:21 am said:

Reeeeeeeeeeally glad I decided to import a 64 GB Vita memory card. I didn’t even know Doki-Doki Universe was cross-buy, and I think I’m pretty sold on Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God.

+ fredster90 on December 8th, 2013 at 10:26 am said:

I need playstation classic croc, on ps3 and ps4

+ XtemmA2 on December 8th, 2013 at 10:30 am said:

@18 yea. metal gear ac!d indeed. i always hoped there would be the third one for vita with online mp.

+ IIL0YDII on December 8th, 2013 at 10:34 am said:

So many PS1 Classics for Vita!

+ TWODEEEE on December 8th, 2013 at 10:38 am said:

man at this rate it seems like i only got my ps4 for bf4 which rarely even works, nice, when are we getting some ps4 games that arent all cross platform and made solely for ps4?

+ wkml18 on December 8th, 2013 at 10:43 am said:

hello would like to have information, I’m having trouble connecting to my other account on psn store I get an error message, already tried resetting my via email and date of birth, so the error, help me, thanks.

+ jskeen on December 8th, 2013 at 10:43 am said:

Anyone who has a vita should pick up tearaway and if you dont own one this is a system seller. Think spyro mixed with little big planet.

+ jutke13 on December 8th, 2013 at 10:51 am said:

Any chance you guys can address the 100 app limit on Vita? I have a 64GB card but you guys are literally preventing me from buying any more games since I can’t install them.

I know I can uninstall games but I don’t want to, and I shouldn’t have to.

+ zzamaro on December 8th, 2013 at 10:52 am said:

Hey Ryan, what happened to the wonderbook games? Weeks ago, you said in a previous ‘the drop’ that two out of the three wonderbook games were going to be on retail, but nothing. Not even Amazon has it. Did you made a mistake or what?

+ Doc_Tury on December 8th, 2013 at 11:18 am said:

Nothing for me, yet! Let’s see the offers for this week! And I’m thinking in Borderlands 2 for PS Plus!

+ NomadFH on December 8th, 2013 at 11:25 am said:

Prices? noki

+ NomadFH on December 8th, 2013 at 11:25 am said:

Doki*

+ USRevenge2 on December 8th, 2013 at 11:56 am said:

VGX was yesterday, and a game called no man’s sky was shown.

people at sony… PLEASE get this game on ps4, throw money at them, let it be free on psn+ if they want, the game looked amazing, it stole the show… Sony seem to be looking for the next minecraft, well, No man’s sky is it.

+ poodude on December 8th, 2013 at 12:01 pm said:

Sorcery Sagaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! <3 Compile Heart and I've been looking forward to this one for a while.

Also looking forward to Doki-Doki Universe. It's just the question of whether to play it on Vita or PS4!

+ DRAQ-520 on December 8th, 2013 at 12:02 pm said:

Hey, are you dropping the PS2 classics support already? because I wanted great games like Rogue Galaxy or Wild Arms 3 over all the Dora The Explorer stuff, also how about releasing Folklore and Heavenly Sword digitally with trophy support?

+ FJ1100_rider on December 8th, 2013 at 12:05 pm said:

@18 and 33
I’d buy metal gear acid too , Sony please talk to whoever you need to and get the developers to remake these two games for psVita and they’ll sell a ton of copies .
Include those cool 3d scope glasses the psp game had and I’d pay $50 for it ay retail with no problem or just make it without the 3d mode

only game I regret selling with my psp was metal gear acid 2

+ ThumbsOfSteel74 on December 8th, 2013 at 12:28 pm said:

Oh yeah, can’t wait to see this week’s sales…

@DRAQ-520: I wonder that myself. There still aren’t very many PS2 Classics when one considers the number of PS2 games to choose from. Getting Rogue Galaxy and others for $10 digitally would be better than having to overpay for a physical copy of an older game (and that’s besides having to track it down). But the Dora games and others like them are fun for kids. Sony will never please everyone, but they do try to give parents what they want while giving the rest of us bloody shooters and racers. I say bring on more PS2 Classics, which should include a little something for everyone.

+ djsaiyan on December 8th, 2013 at 12:32 pm said:

@43

No Man’s Sky was the business. That needs to come to PS4 like whoa.

Though considering Joe Danger came out on every platform under the sun, it seems likely it’ll get a console release.

+ Lodi16B on December 8th, 2013 at 12:38 pm said:

@ 40 and 41. Doki Doki Universe is $14.99.

+ Lodi16B on December 8th, 2013 at 12:39 pm said:

oops. @ 41 and 42. Doki Doki Universe is $14.99.

PAGE 1 2 3