PS4 - Transistor

PlayStation Plus: Borderlands 2 Free for Members

Kristine Steimer's Avatar + Posted by Kristine Steimer on Dec 09, 2013 // Sr. Community Specialist

Borderlands 2, one of 2012’s most critically acclaimed titles, is entering the Instant Game Collection tomorrow. Pick one of four new vault hunters (I went with Maya the Siren) and grab your randomly generated weapon, ‘cause a pesky psychopath called Handsome Jack is terrorizing the world of Pandora (but hey, he does it in style). Borderlands 2 excels in co-op mode, so team up with up some friends to explore the land. There are plenty of things to mow down for experience points and nothing feels better than a rare loot drop, plus you can customize your character to dish out more damage or provide support for you & your friends.

You can take advantage of all these PS Plus benefits after PlayStation Store updates tomorrow.

PlayStation Plus Update 12-10-2013

PlayStation Plus: Instant Game Collection

Borderlands 2 (PS3)

Free for PS Plus members

PlayStation Plus - Borderlands 2
A new era of shoot and loot is about to begin. Play as one of four new vault hunters facing off against a massive new world of creatures, psychos and the evil mastermind, Handsome Jack. Make new friends, arm them with a bazillion weapons and fight alongside them in 4 player co-op or split-screen on a relentless quest for revenge and redemption across the undiscovered and unpredictable living planet.

PlayStation Plus: Discounts

PlayStation Plus Update 12-10-2013

It’s time for more discounts with week 2 of the PlayStation Store Holiday Sale! Check out these sales on some of gaming’s best and check back over the next few weeks to see what else will be marked down in time for the holidays.

Game Title PS Plus Price Sale Price Regular Price
Dragon’s Crown PS Vita $26.99 $29.99 $39.99
NHL 14 $15.00 $29.99 $59.99
One Piece Pirate Warriors 2 $12.50 $24.99 $49.99
Spelunky (Cross-Buy) $3.75 $7.49 $14.99
SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton’s Robotic Revenge $22.49 $24.99 $29.99

PlayStation Plus: Last Chance

If you’ve got feedback on today’s Plus update make sure vote in the poll and leave a comment below. To discuss all things PlayStation, including this update, you can also head over to the PlayStation Community Forums where you’ll find topics you can contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself.

PAGE 1 2 3 6

+ Ryumoau on December 9th, 2013 at 8:02 am said:

Thank you so much for borderlands 2!! Just wish Dragons Crown was much cheaper in that sale. I’m still going to wait till it hits under $20.

+ XenonSovereign on December 9th, 2013 at 8:02 am said:

Finally, Borderlands 2! I wish all the DLC went at a discounted price, but no real complaints here! :) thanks!

+ KidCommando on December 9th, 2013 at 8:03 am said:

Thanks Plus!

Just might have to pick up Dragon’s Crown now for the Vita.

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on December 9th, 2013 at 9:20 am said:

Fantastic game

+ Nintendo451 on December 9th, 2013 at 8:03 am said:

Nice!! I’ve been waiting for a Spelunky discount for a bit. Can’t wait!

+ TheSporkWithin on December 9th, 2013 at 8:04 am said:

That’s a ridiculous price on Spelunky. There’s no reason to hold off now if you haven’t already taken the plunge. make up for lost time over the break!

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on December 9th, 2013 at 9:20 am said:

Agreed! So much game in there and that’s an awesome price to pick it up at

+ ofDAEDALUS on December 9th, 2013 at 8:05 am said:

I traded in BL2 a while back but this is great! Now I can play the new DLC.

@Ryumoau – I am doing the same thing. I just don’t feel like Dragon’s Crown is a purchase that warrants more than $20.

+ cubbielovr on December 9th, 2013 at 8:05 am said:

That Amazing Spider-Man price is laughable. I would have bought it for under 15, but 35, no thanks. Good deal on MLB though.

+ akiratech on December 9th, 2013 at 8:06 am said:

is that the price for dragon’s crown on the vita or ps3 or both i need some clarification thanks

+ TheGrimHeaper on December 9th, 2013 at 8:06 am said:

OMG those prices!! Pirate Warriors 2 will be an instant buy!

+ akiratech on December 9th, 2013 at 8:06 am said:

Oh i see it changed, thanks

+ TheExiled12894 on December 9th, 2013 at 8:07 am said:

Since I couldn’t have the Vita version, $13 for Pirate Warriors 2 on PS3 is nice.

+ birratucaX on December 9th, 2013 at 8:07 am said:

Fix the Demo page!!!
Put the newest first.

+ surachoke on December 9th, 2013 at 8:09 am said:

Seems like a very good time to grab the old classic Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara. :D

+ DivHei on December 9th, 2013 at 8:11 am said:

Is Rocksmith 2014 discount staying another week? Wanted to buy it today but PSN is under maintenance…

+ IP3RUV1AN on December 9th, 2013 at 8:11 am said:

yayy

+ thecontroller92 on December 9th, 2013 at 8:11 am said:

wait…. dragon’s crown on discount again?

also regarding IGC for vita, is it true that you guys will not be switching out uncharted, wipeout and gravity rush anytime soon? great games but they have been there for more than a year already

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on December 9th, 2013 at 9:23 am said:

We haven’t announced any plans to swap out the main lineup of PS Vita titles; but that said, always curious to know what PS Vita games you’d want to see in the IGC?

+ DivHei on December 9th, 2013 at 8:11 am said:

Just asking because sometimes you guys don’t put all the info correctly…

+ jonjon0890 on December 9th, 2013 at 8:12 am said:

I’m a huge One Piece!
I’ve been waiting for one piece: pirate warriors 2 to be @ that price looks like I’m picking up One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2, Spelunky, @ MvC Origins this week.
It’s such a shame I’d pickup Dragon’s Crown PS3 for $29.99 two weeks ago.
I’m hoping Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, rain, Dragon Fantasy Book II, Castle of Illusions Starting Mickey Mouse, FC3: Blood Dragon will be part of the Holiday Sale in the coming weeks.

+ detictiveconan on December 9th, 2013 at 8:13 am said:

I’m totally in for Spelunky.

To anyone who’s played Borderlands 2, If I like grindy Loot based RPGs but dislike gore/violence and immature humor about farts and genitals should I even bother trying the game?

+ C_Dalke on December 9th, 2013 at 8:14 am said:

I’m definitely getting Spelunky at that price. That’s a steal.

+ Blood-Pudding on December 9th, 2013 at 8:14 am said:

Whoa, the price on Amazing Spider-Man just never really comes down, does it? Marvel vs. Capcom Origins and Spelunky for me this week!

Glad I toughed it out to wait for the Spelunky price drop. We’ll be chatting about the latest games we’re playing on the Go For Rainbow Podcast, as always.

+ TXCScorpion on December 9th, 2013 at 8:17 am said:

Wait wait wait…Spelunky for $3.75? Are you serious? How many new systems do you expect to sell after people smash them against the wall in frustration huh?!?!? Answer me!!!!! /whatevs

Gonna try Spelunky with Adhoc party after peer pressuring a friend to buy it. Have no idea if it’ll work but it’s worth a shot. Also that Dragons Crown Vita price is getting closer and closer to me finally breaking down and buying it. Maybe its because it’s still always marked down to match the PS3 ver, not lower.

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on December 9th, 2013 at 9:23 am said:

Yes, we are super serious about that Spelunky price. Time for a Spelunky party!

+ Ryumoau on December 9th, 2013 at 8:20 am said:

Thats also a great price for one piece pw 2 for anyone interested in dynasty warriors game and that anime. i bought it full price, but i didn’t think it was worth that much. $14 is definetly the sweet spot.

Also Why the heck is Amazing Spiderman still almost $40 on sale? Its a year old movie tie in game. It shouldn’t have even been over $19.99 when it released last year.

+ viceforce on December 9th, 2013 at 8:20 am said:

O wow wasn’t expecting Borderlands 2 to be this week. Thought it was going to be Dyad. Discounts aren’t bad as well but saving my money for the sake of HD space and for when I get my PS4. Anyone who doesn’t have Borderlands 2 that is going to download it tomorrow feel free to add me.

+ J5xavier on December 9th, 2013 at 8:20 am said:

i might have to get 2 $20 prepaid card~dragon crawn and one piece sounds good

+ carlpain on December 9th, 2013 at 8:21 am said:

Buying the Marvel vs Capcom games. I may come back to Borderlands 2 now that more people will play online.

+ Makinen on December 9th, 2013 at 8:21 am said:

Can’t wait for another PS4 title next month! Please don’t be something silly like Flower

+ ThiagoArroadie on December 9th, 2013 at 8:21 am said:

Nothing for PS4? Shame…
Tomb Raider bundle will be cross buy with the future ps4 version?
Are there plans for an upgrade option?

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on December 9th, 2013 at 9:25 am said:

Nothing to announce on that at this time.

+ mvillatoro on December 9th, 2013 at 8:22 am said:

And discounts for vita?

+ carlpain on December 9th, 2013 at 8:22 am said:

@19: You will enjoy Borderlands 2 if you never played the first one. I got bored of the second one because it was just like the first one with just a few changes

+ PsychoticUsagi on December 9th, 2013 at 8:23 am said:

I would definitely buy Dragon’s Crown at that price IF it were cross-buy. I guess I’m with most people in the fact that I’ll be waiting for it to go lower so that I can reasonably get it for both systems .

+ TwinDad on December 9th, 2013 at 8:23 am said:

Spelunky!

Hoping for more unannounced sales tomorrow.

I Thought Borderlands 2 would be next week, but yea!.

+ carlpain on December 9th, 2013 at 8:25 am said:

BTW, the first Marvel vs Capcom will always be “Marvel vs Capcom: Clash of Super Heroes” for me. The “Origins” name was just a way to cash in with those who got into Marvel vs Capcom with the third game.

+ TwinDad on December 9th, 2013 at 8:25 am said:

@detictiveconan

Not sure if serious…. That describes Borderlands perfectly.

+ rockytrh on December 9th, 2013 at 8:26 am said:

Wow. NHL 14 for $15. That is CRAZY…. Crazy generous.

+ Fardeenah on December 9th, 2013 at 8:26 am said:

i kinda wish vita owners would get something to play during the first or second week of the month as opposed to the last two weeks of the month

+ Jhooud on December 9th, 2013 at 8:27 am said:

Holy cats guys! That’s some amazing stuff this week. Many thanks!

+ AQUALEAD_ on December 9th, 2013 at 8:28 am said:

Wow, I almost bought Spelunky yesterday. Really glad I didn’t now!

+ bosskillerz87 on December 9th, 2013 at 8:33 am said:

YES!!! BORDERLANDS 2!!!

+ RoII_chan on December 9th, 2013 at 8:37 am said:

What about JRPGs get some love like in Europe with good sales on titles like TALES OF XILLIA and ATELIER AYESHA? that would be awesome ^_^

+ CommandingTiger on December 9th, 2013 at 8:38 am said:

That’s really cool.

+ Alma_viva on December 9th, 2013 at 8:44 am said:

Could you please provide further information about the system the game is for? Like, Ps3, PS vita, etc. That’d be really useful!

Oh and thank you very much for this month! I’m loving Grid 2, I cannot wait to play Borderlands 2 and I’m looking forward for that Sonic! You guys rock!! Have some great holidays!

+ ioshi_US on December 9th, 2013 at 8:44 am said:

Atelier Meruru Discount pls :(

+ BeerManMike on December 9th, 2013 at 8:47 am said:

Yay thanks for Borderlands 2, A game that everyone has already and so you can cash-grab for all the DLC you are going to sell along with it. PASS. I would download it and try it out on PS3 IF it was the GOTY edition.

Might as well do COD:BO or GTA 5 next month because everyone has that, maybe after Ebay gets flooded with copies I could sell mine for $10.

+ David2Crazy on December 9th, 2013 at 8:49 am said:

NHL 14 for $15, I’m in! Skipped it this year because of the lack of a PS4 version, but this is too good.

+ ThumbsOfSteel74 on December 9th, 2013 at 8:49 am said:

Yay thanks for endless sarcastic complaining about free games. Because nobody’s ever tried that before.

+ Altruish on December 9th, 2013 at 8:51 am said:

Some PS4 games would be pretty great.

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on December 9th, 2013 at 9:26 am said:

We’ll have some great PS4 IGC content in the works coming soon; but for the month of December, all IGC content for Plus has been announced. Until then, try and top me on the Resogun leaderboards ;) 154 Million on Experienced; yay! lol

+ Hefestus91 on December 9th, 2013 at 8:54 am said:

Any discounts on Borderlands 2 DLC coming? Hopefully on the Season Pass, that would be great!!

+ RCF_TOD on December 9th, 2013 at 8:55 am said:

No love for the Vita? :( The IGC for Vita hasn’t changed in awhile & so far there’s no sales for the Vita that I’m interested in :(

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on December 9th, 2013 at 9:27 am said:

Well if you don’t have Dragon’s Crown or Spelunky (two excellent Vita games on sale this week), I’m sure you might see something you like in the coming weeks.

+ Welmosca on December 9th, 2013 at 8:55 am said:

Yay Borderlands 2…although I plan to buy the GOTY version..free is free and free is always welcome….ah and finally some good discounts…Marvel Vs Capcom Origins and 2 + Spelunky…ha these are all mine.There is always something good for those who wait.

PAGE 1 2 3 6