PS4-Watch_Dogs

PlayStation Plus: Borderlands 2 Free for Members

Kristine Steimer's Avatar + Posted by Kristine Steimer on Dec 09, 2013 // Sr. Community Specialist

Borderlands 2, one of 2012’s most critically acclaimed titles, is entering the Instant Game Collection tomorrow. Pick one of four new vault hunters (I went with Maya the Siren) and grab your randomly generated weapon, ‘cause a pesky psychopath called Handsome Jack is terrorizing the world of Pandora (but hey, he does it in style). Borderlands 2 excels in co-op mode, so team up with up some friends to explore the land. There are plenty of things to mow down for experience points and nothing feels better than a rare loot drop, plus you can customize your character to dish out more damage or provide support for you & your friends.

You can take advantage of all these PS Plus benefits after PlayStation Store updates tomorrow.

PlayStation Plus Update 12-10-2013

PlayStation Plus: Instant Game Collection

Borderlands 2 (PS3)

Free for PS Plus members

PlayStation Plus - Borderlands 2
A new era of shoot and loot is about to begin. Play as one of four new vault hunters facing off against a massive new world of creatures, psychos and the evil mastermind, Handsome Jack. Make new friends, arm them with a bazillion weapons and fight alongside them in 4 player co-op or split-screen on a relentless quest for revenge and redemption across the undiscovered and unpredictable living planet.

PlayStation Plus: Discounts

PlayStation Plus Update 12-10-2013

It’s time for more discounts with week 2 of the PlayStation Store Holiday Sale! Check out these sales on some of gaming’s best and check back over the next few weeks to see what else will be marked down in time for the holidays.

Game Title PS Plus Price Sale Price Regular Price
Dragon’s Crown PS Vita $26.99 $29.99 $39.99
NHL 14 $15.00 $29.99 $59.99
One Piece Pirate Warriors 2 $12.50 $24.99 $49.99
Spelunky (Cross-Buy) $3.75 $7.49 $14.99
SpongeBob SquarePants: Plankton’s Robotic Revenge $22.49 $24.99 $29.99

PlayStation Plus: Last Chance

If you’ve got feedback on today’s Plus update make sure vote in the poll and leave a comment below. To discuss all things PlayStation, including this update, you can also head over to the PlayStation Community Forums where you’ll find topics you can contribute your thoughts to, or start one for yourself.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 6

+ T3DV0L70L1N4 on December 9th, 2013 at 8:56 am said:

Seriously, $3.75 for Spelunky? That’s pretty awesome.

+ Getsum_11 on December 9th, 2013 at 9:01 am said:

I wish I would have kept my game save after I traded Borderlands 2 in. I wouldn’t have had to start over. Oh well, great game and willing to take the plunge again. NHL for $15? Looks like I’ll be picking that up as well.

+ BeerManMike on December 9th, 2013 at 9:02 am said:

@46 They’re not free games, it’s part of the PS+ “package” you PAYED for. It’s also not endless complaining, Dragon’s Dogma and the other week (before that one?) was really good.

+ MC-Drolejan on December 9th, 2013 at 9:04 am said:

Great sales, Both Marvel Vs Capcom and Spelunky for me, maybe tomb raider but thinking in waiting for the next gen version

+ MrGReaperAlso on December 9th, 2013 at 9:04 am said:

no ps4 love?

+ PainOfSarrow on December 9th, 2013 at 9:09 am said:

tomb raider bundle maybe… spelunky maybe. hmm il see. damn christmas presents took all my money.

+ PiMDx on December 9th, 2013 at 9:09 am said:

I’m most excited for Spelunky, been listening to them rave about it on the blogcast.

+ PiMDx on December 9th, 2013 at 9:11 am said:

@Getsum_11 you have a cloud save?

+ Billy1593 on December 9th, 2013 at 9:11 am said:

Still waiting for Killzone Mercenary to be on 50% discount.. Well seen I will become dust before that happens e_e.

+ zzamaro on December 9th, 2013 at 9:12 am said:

Hope I’m not IGNored or something haha.

To Ryan or anyone who can help:

Wwhat happened to the wonderbook games? Weeks ago, Ryan said in the ‘the drop’ that two out of the three wonderbook games were going to be on retail, but nothing. Not even Amazon has it. Did he made a mistake or what?

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Kristine Steimer on December 9th, 2013 at 9:36 am said:

Oh, I see what you did there. :) Unfortunately, I’m not sure about this; it’s a better question for Ryan, and I don’t think he looks over the comments in this post.

+ PiMDx on December 9th, 2013 at 9:12 am said:

That Tomb Raiser Bundle the new game or older games bundled?

+ eggmiester28 on December 9th, 2013 at 9:13 am said:

some amazing sales this week, one piece pirate warriors only 12.50 and mlb the show 13 only 10$.

+ honkayjeezus on December 9th, 2013 at 9:15 am said:

Thank you.

+ thebgj on December 9th, 2013 at 9:16 am said:

So are any of these games playable on the PS4? I want MLB 13 but only if i could play it on my PS4

+ jou321 on December 9th, 2013 at 9:17 am said:

I love that BL2 is free, I never finished the game on True Vault Hunter mode. Disappointed that the DLC is at least being marginally discounted I would pick them all up if they were.

+ SaberX85 on December 9th, 2013 at 9:22 am said:

Any news about Pirate warriors 2 vita version???

4$ for spelunky, mine for sure XD

+ Demonhunter84 on December 9th, 2013 at 9:25 am said:

@61

It’s the new Tomb Raider game. it bundles the DLC along with the game.

+ afigueroa on December 9th, 2013 at 9:26 am said:

I will be picking up Borderlands!! Thanks Sony. Never was a fan of shooters but I’ve heard great things about this game.
Nothing on the sales for me. I will be picking up The Walking Dead next Tuesday. Please don’t make the same mistake with the Wolf Among Us and put an option for a season pass day one.

+ Demonhunter84 on December 9th, 2013 at 9:27 am said:

Probably get MvC Origins and Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires along with Spelunky for $11. Any plans on doing a buy a year of Plus and get 3 months free? I have a Playstation Plus card and been wondering you guys are gonna do it. If not I’ll just use it just cause these are too good to pass up.

+ CommandingTiger on December 9th, 2013 at 9:28 am said:

You need to built 2 to 2.5 million PS4 each month to supply the demand.

Have more factories to built PS4 because people are impatient to get their PS4s.
The investment will be worth while.

The Wii opened up more factories because they couldn’t keep up with the demand and you are in this situation.
Do NOT let your competition have the upper hand that people got tired of waiting for PS4 and bought the other console instead, that’s unforgivable.

+ Gamerzlimited on December 9th, 2013 at 9:31 am said:

That’s some great sales this week. Will be getting Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires and Marvel vs. Capcom Origins. Although I got the GOTY edition of Borderlands 2 on Black Friday, I’m still going to get the digital download so I can keep the PS3′s disc drive working even longer.

And lol on the sale price for The Amazing Spider-Man. Wasn’t that $20 a while back?

+ Hanako106 on December 9th, 2013 at 9:39 am said:

Wow Borderland 2 , now I can play with my friends :D !

But Sony do something about the PS4 :(. I live in Vietnam and the only way for me to have it is to ask my buddy in US buy it. He’s going to come back here soon and gamestop / bestbuy all sold out online :(.

+ coolghostish on December 9th, 2013 at 9:39 am said:

What happened to getting Drive Club on Ps Plus for the ps4 on the first day was that only for Europe

+ rmj2bpresident on December 9th, 2013 at 9:39 am said:

Aw man, I just bought MvC2 a week ago for full price. Is there any way to re-get it for the Plus price?

+ NovaChronicle on December 9th, 2013 at 9:40 am said:

great deals, was totally expecting and waiting for that one piece game to go on sale XD, bl2 is pretty nice for IGC but Im already burned out from it hopefully others who havent played it yet enjoy it :)

+ zzamaro on December 9th, 2013 at 9:42 am said:

@Kristine

Please let Ryan know my question.

@Morgan

I’d like to see Persona 4 Golden and LittleBigPlanet replacing Gravity Rush, Uncharted or Wipeout on the IGC. No idea what the third game could be but these are the ones I’d like.

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on December 9th, 2013 at 11:15 am said:

Both great games! thanks for the note on that

+ SaberX85 on December 9th, 2013 at 9:45 am said:

@Morgan

I’d like to see hot shot golf, LBP, and PSABR to replace Gravity rush, uncharted and wipeout on the IGC XD

+ Frazz on December 9th, 2013 at 9:46 am said:

I purchased Spelunky on Saturday is there anyway for me to take advantage of this deal?

+ ThumbsOfSteel74 on December 9th, 2013 at 9:47 am said:

@BeerManMike: They’re completely free. I was a Plus member before the IGC existed, and the price never went up. Less than $5/mo. for all we get. But whatever.

And I’ve never once “PAYED” for anything. However, I have paid for things.

Lots of people *paid* for BL2, but some people (not kidding, folks) haven’t played it yet. By your genius logic, everyone already owns it but now that great flood of people who no longer care about it will now flock to PSN so they can buy all the DLC.

Golly! Sony be crafty, yo!

Cheers.

+ PugnoDiDollari on December 9th, 2013 at 9:52 am said:

Seriously, ENOUGH with the Uncharted, Wipeout and Gravity Rush titles for the Vita system. Have been there for more than a year, it’s time for a massive change. Thank you.

+ villdoc on December 9th, 2013 at 9:54 am said:

So No free PS4 Games in DECEMBER……………

+ FairySun on December 9th, 2013 at 9:57 am said:

Nice!
Borderland 2!

Man, hoping for Ken’s Rage 2 discount.

+ TeamGreen615 on December 9th, 2013 at 10:00 am said:

Sweet! I’ve never played a Borderlands game and dat Spelunky price. WOW!

+ Spitfire_Zero_ on December 9th, 2013 at 10:01 am said:

Oh wow, been waiting to get borderlands 2. Nice. Can anyone plz tell me, if I start playing this digital version and then later buy the GOTY disc version, will my save file be compatible? I’ve been burned before.

+ PAUonePUNCH on December 9th, 2013 at 10:03 am said:

Is there going to be a discount for Borderlands 2 DLC? I was stoked to see Borderlands 2 on PS+ because the DLC usually goes on sale when the game is free but I don’t see discounts listed anywhere. I was really hoping to pic up the season pass…

+ SiriusCJS on December 9th, 2013 at 10:04 am said:

While I’m grateful for Borderlands 2 I have to point out how ridiculous that price is for Amazing Spider-Man. $30 is pretty much the retail price everywhere else. How can you call $36 a sale, let alone charge $50 for a game nearly 2 years old?

+ Mando44646 on December 9th, 2013 at 10:06 am said:

The Amazing Spider-Man on Vita isnt on sale? only PS3?

+ YungShep on December 9th, 2013 at 10:09 am said:

sigh, i just bought dragon’s crown on friday….

+ Red-Tail-X99 on December 9th, 2013 at 10:19 am said:

Yay for Borderlands 2 this month! lol I wish Dragon’s Crown was abit cheaper though.

+ daskarr on December 9th, 2013 at 10:22 am said:

Can’t wait for Boderlands 2. I’m going to pick up that Tomb Raider bundle as well. Great games, so glad I joined the PS Plus group.

+ CrusaderForever on December 9th, 2013 at 10:25 am said:

What a truly great game! I will be purchasing BL2 on the Vita that’s for sure. They should do an updated version for the PS4 or at least announce BL3 for the PS4!!!

+ MyrequeArk on December 9th, 2013 at 10:28 am said:

Hey Morgan, since you said you’d like to know which games we would like for the Vita IGC, here’s a couple to get you started :P

Sumioni: Demon Arts
Dragon’s Crown
Injustice: Gods Among Us
Mortal Kombat
Muramasa Rebirth
Atelier Meruru Plus
Atelier Totori Plus

+ tarrnation_88 on December 9th, 2013 at 10:28 am said:

WOOOOHOOOO!!!!! Borderlands 2!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! :)

+ JMBlakk on December 9th, 2013 at 10:33 am said:

No DLC and Dragon’s Crown is still that price ha, that game won’t make top 10 in December unless you make it under 20 bucks. I can’t even voice chat on the PS3 on that game

+ JMBlakk on December 9th, 2013 at 10:35 am said:

OH but that Borderlands 2, my PS3 is turning back on just because of this

+ mettreidici on December 9th, 2013 at 10:38 am said:

@Morgan Haro
Show off ;)

+ zingakun on December 9th, 2013 at 10:41 am said:

It will be perfect if we have DLCs for Borderlands 2 on sale as well. Nonetheless, AWESOME game coming to the IGC.

Please, any news regarding the Vita version of Borderlands 2?

BIG thanks!

+ Mike_1519 on December 9th, 2013 at 10:42 am said:

@Morgan Haro

does anyone knows what happened with limbo’s discount price announced last week?

Kristine Steimer's Avatar

+ Morgan Haro on December 9th, 2013 at 11:18 am said:

I believe the post was corrected to state that the discount would be coming at a later date.

+ Hayterfan on December 9th, 2013 at 10:45 am said:

Must not Spend money, damn it I know im going to buy like everything on sale.
Damn you holiday sales

+ Vivio_T_Harlaown on December 9th, 2013 at 10:47 am said:

I’m really glad for Borderlands 2, wanted to try that for a while^^

Concerning the Holiday Sales, I REALLY wish there would be a sale of the Mass Effect Trilogy and DLC. I’ve been wanting to buy it again for PS3, but buying all the DLC again is freaking expensive. Please, Sony, ME is such a great trilogy, I’d absolutely love to see it on sale.

Pretty please?