PS4-The Order

Chromatic Aberration Out Now on PS Mobile

Andrew Rollings's Avatar + Posted by Andrew Rollings on Dec 12, 2013 // Designer, Hiive LLC

On Tuesday, we launched our second PS Mobile game, Chromatic Aberration. This is an original idea that utilizes borrowed elements from different 80’s games. Since we wanted the game to have a very unique feel, we had to get the right set of tools to give us the look and feel we wanted. After securing the use of SuperIcon’s Pixel Engine, we set about designing 64 of the most fiendish, insane levels we could think of.

Chromatic Aberration on PS Mobile

Chromatic Aberration works like this: when you pick up a tesseract (little color-coded cubes), your character’s color changes to that of the tesseract, which in turn affects the platforms you can interact with. For example, collecting a red tesseract will turn you red. This means you can stand on red platforms — but will be killed by green ones (as green is opposite red on the color wheel). Conversely, collecting a green tesseract will turn you green. This means you can stand on green platforms, but will be killed by red ones.

Chromatic Aberration on PS Mobile

With the most recent update to the PlayStation Mobile SDK, we were able to add in PSN leaderboards so that you can compete with your buddies online to get the best score.

For more info, check us out on our website, blog and Twitter.

PS Vita owners can download these Chromatic Aberration from the PlayStation Mobile section of PlayStation Store for $3.99; Owners of PlayStation certified devices such as the Sony Xperia Z smartphone, Wikipad or Sony Xperia tablet Z, can obtain them through the PlayStation Mobile Store for the same price.

9 Comments

+ Gorvi on December 12th, 2013 at 7:27 am said:

OK, that looks really cool, I’ll have to give that a shot.

+ fredster90 on December 12th, 2013 at 8:01 am said:

Make more ps4s please or let me know if I have to wait after christmas that way ill buy my brothers something else

+ aro52 on December 12th, 2013 at 8:06 am said:

Very slick. Count me in [when I get back to my Vita tonight].

Sony needs to get this stuff on the webstore.

@fredster90: Keep an eye on nowinstock (dot) net (slash) videogaming (slash) consoles (slash) ps4

+ aro52 on December 12th, 2013 at 8:07 am said:

@fredster90: And be ready to pull the trigger. My buddy grabbed one on Amazon by using alerts on there, and they were only available for 27 minutes.

+ bball230 on December 12th, 2013 at 8:14 am said:

Why is PlayStation mobile not available on the Sony Entertainment Webstore?

+ Broccosparagus on December 12th, 2013 at 8:33 am said:

@5 bball230

Why is there no search function in the PlayStation Mobile Store, is a better question.

+ riseagainstme1 on December 12th, 2013 at 2:20 pm said:

Just downloaded this and played the first ten or so levels…. already one of my favorite PS Mobile games. Love puzzle platformers. Nice job.

+ plaztiksyke on December 12th, 2013 at 3:29 pm said:

I saw this in the store update, but skipped it because I wasn’t sure how smooth/fun the gameplay would be. This video just convinced me!

+ tusunami on December 12th, 2013 at 5:48 pm said:

I must say this looks interesting enough to check this out.