PS4-Infamous

Tales of Zestiria Coming to PS3

Hideo Baba's Avatar + Posted by Hideo Baba on Dec 12, 2013 // Producer, Tales Franchise

TOZ_logo

Hello again, everyone. My name is Hideo Baba from Namco Bandai Studios Inc., and I’m the producer for the Tales series. As some of you know from previous posts, I like to step in from time to time and deliver great news to our fans on PlayStation.Blog. Today is one of those special days!

I’m very proud to announce that Tales of Zestiria, the newest installment and 20th Japanese anniversary commemorative title for the Tales franchise, will be launched in North America for PS3. This is a huge moment for Namco Bandai Games, and the Tales team in particular, as it’s the first time we’ve simultaneously announced the game for both Japan and the west.

Screenshot_1

There’s not much else to say about Tales of Zestiria right now, so please stay tuned for more information in the future. In the meantime, we do have two other great Tales games coming out in North America to keep fans excited throughout next year. Tales of Symphonia Chronicles will be available on February 25th, 2014 for PS3, and features both Tales of Symphonia and Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. Expect new HD graphics and content for North American fans, including new outfits, Mystic Arte cut-ins, titles, unison attacks, and techniques. It will also be the first time that a Tales game features both an English and Japanese audio track.

Screenshot_2

Tales of Xillia 2 will also be out across western territories next year for PS3 as well. It’s the sequel to this year’s Tales of Xillia, and focuses on two brand new characters: Ludger Kresnik and Elle Marta. One of the defining themes of the game is “choice,” and players will be able to speak through Ludger by the choices that they make throughout the game. And since this title takes place in the same world as Tales of Xillia, expect to see plenty of your favorite characters returning to help Ludger and Elle on their journey. We’ll have plenty more to talk about for this title in the coming months.

The Tales team has been working hard to strengthen our relationship with overseas fans over the past few years, and we’ve seen the fruits of our labor with the success of Tales of Xillia — which has sold over a million copies worldwide. The Tales team would like to thank all of the Tales fans around the world for their continued support, and extend a warm welcome to new fans to the series as well.

110 Comments

PAGE 1 2 3

+ liammill18 on December 12th, 2013 at 8:04 am said:

Game looks great! Will this be a simultaneous release across regions?

+ Gorvi on December 12th, 2013 at 8:10 am said:

I haven’t played a Tales game since Destiny on the PS1, I really should pick up Xillia.

+ namDa65 on December 12th, 2013 at 8:10 am said:

This is amazing hideo baba!

Will there be co-op battles too? I play tales for the co-op battles!

+ RoyalXIII on December 12th, 2013 at 8:12 am said:

I can’t wait! Tales games are what got me into RPGs in the first place! Funny enough, it was actually Tales of Symphonia that did it!

+ DivHei on December 12th, 2013 at 8:16 am said:

People wants some ‘Tales of’ games for Vita…

+ Cortez583 on December 12th, 2013 at 8:18 am said:

This is good news, but I wish we could see a Tales of Vesperia port to the US since Japan has it… It’s like the best Tales game.

+ Alpha6Nine on December 12th, 2013 at 8:18 am said:

OGOD YES!! THANK YOU!!

+ KazeEternal on December 12th, 2013 at 8:21 am said:

THANK YOU!!!!!

+ PAFenix on December 12th, 2013 at 8:21 am said:

Please please PLEASE bring us Tales of Vesperia as a “Director’s Cut”!

Also would love to see the “Tales of” titles on the Vita! Want some good JRPGS on the Vita! Come on!!!!!

Loving the look of Zestiria. I will continue to support you if you promise to keep giving us more! Graces F, Xillia CE, Xillia 2, Symphonia CE have all been Day 1 Buys for me!

+ AriesWarlock on December 12th, 2013 at 8:21 am said:

Agreed with #6, it’s time for ToV.

+ RoII_chan on December 12th, 2013 at 8:21 am said:

I bet this is gonna be the best Tales of game or at least I hope so.

+ Mando44646 on December 12th, 2013 at 8:21 am said:

you should really at least also port this to PS4. I *might* buy it on PS3 but I would definitely buy it on PS4

+ bldudas on December 12th, 2013 at 8:22 am said:

This game looks great. Thank you.

+ shadowlusterx on December 12th, 2013 at 8:24 am said:

Already bought Xillia. Will buy Xillia 2 and this when it comes out ofc. LET ME GIVE YOU MONEY FOR VESPERIA!!!

+ Teflon02 on December 12th, 2013 at 8:25 am said:

I’m happy to hear this is coming. But I feel you guys are not entirely strengthening your over seas relationship if you don’t localize the PS vita games. People like me have been praying for them. I love DOGs on portable devices and I’ll buy them hands down like I did Tales of the world (I still have :) ) hope you guys do so soon.

+ spearrage on December 12th, 2013 at 8:26 am said:

Very good news that Tales of Xillia was a sucess on the west. I do enjoyed Xillia quite alot (thought i still think Alvin being the main character instead of jude would have worked alot more, and there are things that were rushed and had to be scrapped from what i have read)… and yes, i do hope we get Vesperia Director´s Cut too on the west, from what i have heard, it still one of the best if not the best tales of games.

Looks like the PS3 still have quite alot of life left with Persona 5 and Xillia on the horizon (thought part of me wanted them on PS4, but i am sure not everybody owns a PS4 yet to justify it)

+ Moonglare on December 12th, 2013 at 8:28 am said:

I am one of the many who were presented to Tales of games when Tales of Graces f was released in english for PS3 back in 2012. Since then I have been very fond of the series and I’m here to show my support as well. I really liked Tales of Xillia and cannot wait to play ToX 2 in 2014 as well as Tales of Symphonia because I haven’t had the opportunity to play the original game, so I’m very excited for this HD version. Thank you very much for all the hard work of the team to bring the series to as many people out there, it’s really important to us as well and I hope this is only the beggining for a new generation of both old and new Tales of fans across the globe.

+ Broccosparagus on December 12th, 2013 at 8:28 am said:

I thought we weren’t getting anymore tales games.

BTW can we get http://garupan-game.bngames.net/ ? ;D

+ Mugalashvili on December 12th, 2013 at 8:30 am said:

Will it be region locked due to simul-launch or not? (Hope not…)

+ spoonTRex on December 12th, 2013 at 8:31 am said:

I’m in!

+ TheWintendoHii on December 12th, 2013 at 8:36 am said:

This is incredible news! PS3 life is not over yet. Five Tales games now localized for PS3, Sony was right about their advertisement. Playstation IS the place to play!

+ Ryumoau on December 12th, 2013 at 8:38 am said:

Thank you so much!! I was already excited for Symphonia HD and Xillia 2 next year, but i’m glad to hear a new title announced coming to NA.

It may be too early to ask, but any idea if we’ll also receive this game late next year after Xillia 2? Chances are you might want to wait till 2015 to bring it here, but i personally wouldn’t mind getting 3 Tales games in one year. :P

+ Apex_Soldier25 on December 12th, 2013 at 8:43 am said:

Don’t be scared of putting any Tales titles on the PS4 now.

+ S_T_O_N_E_ on December 12th, 2013 at 8:46 am said:

Oh<3 was a pleasant surprise!! I'm gonna officially be broke when you're done with us ): but that's alright:)
And yay! Dual audio!! Now the stupid japanese dub complainers will shut up. Everybody wins!

Between Tales of symphonia, Xillia 2, this game, and the goddess lightning in final fantasy 13-3 releasing i'll die a happy man. ;)

+ ChibiMrBubbles on December 12th, 2013 at 8:46 am said:

Finished Xillia, can’t wait for next year’s Tales games. Based Namco localizing the next mother title! :D

+ cesca on December 12th, 2013 at 8:50 am said:

Wow! Thanks for the past localization news Mr. Baba. Tales of Xillia is next on my playlist, and I will get X2 as support to the series. Will get this too, most probably. Would LOVE a PS4 version for the extra horspower and options. Could be a nice chance to introduce to the series to new fans!

+ iREVOLTER on December 12th, 2013 at 8:52 am said:

WW Release , count me in Day 0!

+ RenderMonk on December 12th, 2013 at 8:57 am said:

I would like to thank you for bringing the game to North America simultaneously. Also, I’d like to add my vote for ANY Tales of game, to be released on the Vita. I would most certainly buy that!

+ jonjon0890 on December 12th, 2013 at 9:02 am said:

It is coming out next year?!
Tales of Symphonia, Tales of Xillia 2, Tales of Zestiria all releasing the same year in the west.
It’s going to be a crazy next year!

+ lanmao on December 12th, 2013 at 9:07 am said:

This makes me incredibly happy!

+ BioSpock on December 12th, 2013 at 9:10 am said:

Great news! I have loved the Tales of series since I played Symphonia on the gamecube. It looks like the battle system will be different, which I welcome in a year of two other Tales games already (and hopefully 4 if Namco Bandai makes my dreams come true and releases the Vita games here).

If you guys haven’t seen it yet, here is the announcement trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vf1WqliqnLs

+ DecadanceFantasy on December 12th, 2013 at 9:14 am said:

Tales of Zestiria sounds like fun. I’m happy that it’s releasing for the US too. No waiting forever for news about a confirmed localization is great!
Still want Vita games too!!

I’m way excited for this new Tales.

+ PHEEliNUX on December 12th, 2013 at 9:17 am said:

Can’t we have another Tales on 3DS or something

+ Destiny89 on December 12th, 2013 at 9:17 am said:

And this is why i simply LOVE PlayStation! its where all the amazing games at! cannot wait to play this game and the other Tales coming next year and i cannot wait to get myself a PS4!

+ ragnarok_weapon on December 12th, 2013 at 9:20 am said:

#31 Probably the wrong place to be asking for it.

Great, I still planning on using my PS3 a little while longer.

+ NSDI on December 12th, 2013 at 9:20 am said:

I am buying every title of the series I can in the past year. I am glad to see you guys are bring tales of to the west, but I am still very sad about the facts that you keep ignoring the Vita. Tales of Hears R is now available even on cellphones, but most western players still cannot enjoy it. It’s bad.

+ Chrabbey on December 12th, 2013 at 9:21 am said:

What are the chances of a simultaneous Vita release? Seriously though, I really want to play this game but I never have time to sit on the couch and play video games. Give us some Vita love!

+ PHEEliNUX on December 12th, 2013 at 9:31 am said:

@ragnarok_weapon
It was an attempt, Anyway
They don’t always ignore that question just because i’m talking about another company

+ Souledge94 on December 12th, 2013 at 9:34 am said:

I enjoyed xillia and grace. grace being my favorite. Thank you for bringing it over. How about them vita games……please:(.

+ ElektroDragon on December 12th, 2013 at 9:39 am said:

Great? I just wish I had for all these games. I’m only half way through Vesperia and a Xillia. Haven’t even touched my copy of Graces.

+ lisatsunami on December 12th, 2013 at 9:47 am said:

I’m fairly new to the series but I loved the last 2 Tales games. Keep making them and I’ll keep buying, especially collector’s editions and Tales on the Vita, please!

+ Elvick_ on December 12th, 2013 at 9:51 am said:

1. Thank you for the very quick localization announce.

2. I still want Innocence R and Hearts R for PS Vita. I know you have limited people for doing localization work in the studio, but… I don’t care to be honest. Persona 4 was successful. Tales and Persona have similar popularity… Zero competition, since nothing on Vita (even in Japan) is like Tales… aside from Tales.

+ TwinDad on December 12th, 2013 at 9:52 am said:

Great another RPG to play!

I’d however like to hear news about Ni No Kuni 2.

+ CrusaderForever on December 12th, 2013 at 9:59 am said:

Hello,

Never played a Tales game and I am very interested, what would be a comparable franchise?

Thanks!

+ Rissyhime on December 12th, 2013 at 10:02 am said:

so can we have tales of avatars while we are at it :)

+ LokeSTL on December 12th, 2013 at 10:02 am said:

PS4 port please?!

And thanks for continuously bringing over the console JRPGs. I prefer my JRPGs on the big screen rather than the handhelds.

+ PHEEliNUX on December 12th, 2013 at 10:05 am said:

@Rissyhime
Especially if we are getting Vesperia avatars as well

+ Sonny on December 12th, 2013 at 10:16 am said:

Wow, I’m glad we’re getting Tales localization alongside the Japanese announcement. Though I wish we’d get some handheld Tales. Tales of Destiny 2…

+ Amir_G_M_US on December 12th, 2013 at 10:18 am said:

why don’t you guys port any Tales game for the Vita???
and by porting I mean really same ga,e…
because they are good

+ PHEEliNUX on December 12th, 2013 at 10:19 am said:

@Amir_G_M_US
There are already 2 ports
Unless you mean either new game or localization

PAGE 1 2 3