PS4-The Order

The Drop: New PlayStation Releases for December 17th, 2013

Ryan Clements's Avatar + Posted by Ryan Clements on Dec 15, 2013 // Social Media Specialist

The Drop

What better way to skirt the mind’s boundaries than to plunge into the colorful and cascading world of Flow? This week sees a few familiar favorites kindle new life on PlayStation.

One of the first games developed by thatgamecompany, Flow, emerges onto PS4 this week in all its surreal glory. This unique and beautiful experience made a mark on PlayStation gamers when it first launched on PS3 several years ago, and now enjoys a visual enhancement on PS4. Players control an aquatic organism and dive deep into a layered environment, surviving hostile creatures along the way.

But if you’d rather plunge into hazardous mines instead, perhaps you’ll take an interest in the newest version of Terraria, which launches on PS Vita this week. The well-loved sandbox game invites players to explore, collect, battle, and build — solo, or with friends.

Oh, and there’s this little game called Minecraft coming out for PS3, too. You may have heard of it.

There’s much more coming to PlayStation this week, so head below for a complete list of inbound games, and enjoy the Drop!

Flow on PS4

Pinball Arcade
Pro Evolution Soccer 2014
Sparkle
Terraria
Toki Tori

New PlayStation Releases This Week

PS3 — Digital (Also Available on PS Vita)
A little different from the average game, Aabs Animals invites you to have fun with digital animals and play the way you want to play. And you can’t really deny the cuteness of little animals.
PS Vita — Digital (Also Available on PS3)
A musical, rhythm-based platformer, Runner2 will have you running, jumping, kicking, and soaring through incredible environments. Stop the evil Timbletot and his plans to destroy every world in existence.
PS Vita — Digital (Also Available on PS3)
An ambient strategy game with surreal visuals, Eufloria HD will both relax and challenge you. Expect 25 story levels, replayable skirmish levels, a Dark Matter Mode for the brave, and hours of play.
PS4, PS Vita — Digital (Also Available on PS3)
Pierce the murky depths of an aquatic environment in Flow. This surreal adventure allows players to intuitively customize their game experience with dynamic difficulty adjustment. Runs at a stunning 1080p with up to four-player local multiplayer. Cross buy.
PS Vita — Digital
An adorable, physics-based puzzler featuring more than 100 levels. Multiple solutions to puzzles allow players to experiment, and scoreboards will rank you with your friends — and the entire world.
PS Vita — Digital
Classic indoor sports, all in one place. Includes 11 game types with four modes, set over eight venues. Share your progress on Twitter or Facebook, and compete with friends.
PS3– Digital
The legendary sandbox game comes to PS3 in all its blocky glory. Gather resources, build strongholds, and survive the night.
PS3, PS Vita — Digital
Jump into a “12-bit” action platformer starring Max and his trusty water canon. Fight against the Mutant Mudds, and seek out the legendary Water Sprites in order to cleanse the world! Cross buy.
PS4 — Digital (Also Available on PS3, PS Vita)
Enjoy a realistic, comprehensive pinball experience, running in sizzling 1080p. Challenge classic tables like Monster Bash, Attack from Mars, Black Knight, and Big Shot.
PSP — Digital (Also Available on PS3)
The new FOX engine fuses with a revolutionary soccer system that puts the ball right in the heart of the action. All-new physics, custom team and player AI, and new animations make this a whole new experience in the world of soccer.
PS Vita — Digital
Uncover the secrets of Crowberry Woods in this simple puzzler. Match three orbs, discover powerful amulets, and launch devastating power-ups in order to turn the tide of the game in your favor.
PS Vita — Digital (Also Available on PS3)
Traverse deep caverns and high hills in this sandbox adventure. Craft hundreds of items, defeat enemies, and build sprawling structures to call your own. New touchscreen controls and eight-player support.
PS3 — Digital
Help Toki Tori in this addictive puzzle platformer. Try your hand at more than 90 levels spread across four worlds, and employ a variety of items and weapons. Features a new mode exclusive to PS3.

Demos and Betas

The above information is subject to change without notice.

+ DaGimp13 on December 15th, 2013 at 11:14 am said:

@49

dropped call, no. outage that lasts from 1am to 4pm, a timeframe of 15 hours? yea, I do…but not financially. I’m saying if they can countdown how long we have on our sub and how much time was lost from the sub due to an outage, that the problem has an easy solution.

+ INFIDEL_JIHAD on December 15th, 2013 at 11:17 am said:

Ok just tryin to see your line of thought …Carry on

+ NX_Nytrux on December 15th, 2013 at 11:19 am said:

PS2 Classics? Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria?

+ DaGimp13 on December 15th, 2013 at 11:22 am said:

just saying, how could be giving the actual 365 days you paid for be a bad thing? let’s just say there’ll be 7 outage days within the next 7 months, averaging 1 per month. while that doesn’t sound bad, it is because you’ve then lost 7 days of service you paid for…you just paid for 365 days, and got 358 days. we all know 7 maintenence days within a year is definitely possible, so would you be cool not having a service for a week, still paying for it….how about if your cable went out for a week? I’m just wanting my time back, not money.

Besides, Sony could also look at this solution as incentive to actually provide zero downtime on their next-gen console anyways, should realistically should have been able to do out of the box.

+ INFIDEL_JIHAD on December 15th, 2013 at 11:23 am said:

Gamers passion lets just call it , reminds me of that guy that beat up his mom cause she unplugged his ps3 cause he was raging in an online match … And as a condition of his release to probation he can’t game anymore LOL for real no PS4 for that guy

+ DaGimp13 on December 15th, 2013 at 11:28 am said:

rofl too funny. nah, I know my limits this is between me, eventually 10 million PS4 PS+ subbers, and Sony lol…When Sony has 10 Mil users bashing that policy, It’ll change awfully fast.

+ ThumbsOfSteel74 on December 15th, 2013 at 11:29 am said:

@DaGimp: I’m sure the outages you describe are covered somewhere in the ToS you agreed to by purchasing a Plus subscription and using PSN. Regardless, we all just deal with it. The “other” console’s online has outages. Life goes on.

Regarding the IGC, I can see you’re upset that no PS4 games were offered in December. But by your logic, hasn’t every PS4 owner ripped off Sony by accepting 2 games at launch when they were only promised one a month? All that happened is PS4 users were given December’s game an entire month early. It can be enjoyed (or not) for an entire month of your life more than if it had been delayed until now.

I really believe all of these complaints stem from Driveclub being delayed. It was promised as a launch game, with a stripped-down version to be offered free to Plus members. That has been promised when the game does release early next year, but for now people got Contrast in its place. Still leaves a bitter taste for many.

But even if they had gotten Driveclub for free at launch, people would still have complained. “But…it’s not the full version!” FFS.

+ djsaiyan on December 15th, 2013 at 11:32 am said:

I totally didn’t know that Battle of Z was coming to Vita!

So getting that.

+ DaGimp13 on December 15th, 2013 at 11:37 am said:

@ ThumbsOfSteel74

I think you misread dude, I defended Sony on that one, I’m in no way upset about PS+ PS4 games this month or last….if anything, I told the other guy to wait until mid-January to complain.

+ DaGimp13 on December 15th, 2013 at 11:38 am said:

way I see that, we got 2 the first month, to cover the first and second months. at least thats how I believe I explained that.

+ bkg420666 on December 15th, 2013 at 11:41 am said:

I have been on playstation since day one with ps1 and all the way up to ps3 waiting for ps4 anyway I don’t know anyone who plays flow or mutant mudd they kind of suck

+ ElektroDragon on December 15th, 2013 at 11:54 am said:

PLEASE REMOVE THE VITA 100 ICON LIMIT! I imported a 64GB memory card and have to constantly delete things I want to keep even though I have space left on my card!

+ shadow15972 on December 15th, 2013 at 11:55 am said:

@bkg420666 You must be a ‘gamer’ that only cares for realistic graphics, because there should be no way you wouldn’t like flOw, it’s so relaxing. :D Mutant madds was on 3DS so of course you never saw anyone play it. I know tons of people who loved both of these games. Just cause you never played it doesn’t mean you can say they suck. But I really don’t care if you like it or not, just don’t say they suck when you ‘never seen anyone play it’ when mutant mudds never released on psn before. flOw isn’t a game you play all day every day, so I can see why you haven’t seen anybody play it. But it’s just a stress reliever. :)

+ shadow15972 on December 15th, 2013 at 11:57 am said:

@ElektroDragon Yeah they should get rid of it if they sell a memory card that big. But I’m nowhere close to 100 thankfully. But I can feel your pain just imaging how it has to be doing that.

+ Slydevil13 on December 15th, 2013 at 11:58 am said:

I am super excited for Terraria on Vita, so thanks for that! Any word on a price?

+ Gtagentleman on December 15th, 2013 at 12:04 pm said:

Just a simple question. If I already have Flow for PS3, will I be able to download it on my PS4? Thanks.

+ ThumbsOfSteel74 on December 15th, 2013 at 12:06 pm said:

@DaGimp13: Ah, quite right. My bad. I’m way too tired to be on here it seems. XD

My IGC comments should have been directed at MrGReaperAlso and others wanting more free PS4 games this month.

Your solution to the maintenance is actually a novel one, and a modest request. But I don’t think it will ever happen. Besides, which networks on the scale of SEN/PSN run with zero downtime?

+ PhilOsyfee on December 15th, 2013 at 12:11 pm said:

Hey Ryan (BEYOND!) I was curious if these games have been priced yet? Also this seems pretty clear but there is no cross buy if I purchased Terraria on PS3 correct?

+ djsaiyan on December 15th, 2013 at 12:22 pm said:

@66

Yes! It’s cross-buy.

+ shadow15972 on December 15th, 2013 at 12:31 pm said:

So happy for terraria on vita. Also I don’t think there is cross buy. But I’m more than happy to double dip. :)

+ Mando44646 on December 15th, 2013 at 12:43 pm said:

So much listed for Vita yet only the DBZ demo sounds interesting me

+ Mando44646 on December 15th, 2013 at 12:47 pm said:

Any idea when Wolf Among Us comes to Vita? Its kinda irritating and distressing to see it hit even iOS before we get it :/

+ stekimafijas on December 15th, 2013 at 1:21 pm said:

Isn’t Aabs Animals already on the store, at least for PSV? Anything new on PS3? Price tag, sale?

It’s a really good game for kids or younger family members, not to mention that it goes to a good cause.
I’ve spent 5$ on stupid stuff that I regret, but honestly I wouldn’t mind spending it on a tech demo that can showcase the Cell’s power, like it does the PSV’s, it’s pretty cool.

Also trophies are…insanely easy, 5 trophies, out of which two are gold I think for just having the game on for 6 minutes.

And it helps pets in Japan!

+ MockingBird009 on December 15th, 2013 at 1:26 pm said:

I WANT JOURNEY FOR THE PS VITA! PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN; I’M 100% SURE THAT IT WILL SELL WELL IF IT HAPPENS! PLEASE CONSIDER IT! STRONGLY CONSIDER IT! XD

+ TigerStealth on December 15th, 2013 at 1:26 pm said:

excellent Vita releases – Mutant Mudds, Eufloria, Flow etc!

Now if only Journey could come to PS4

+ Superstone on December 15th, 2013 at 1:30 pm said:

Great Drop. How about some new psone and ps2 classics. PS2 classics playable on the Vita!!!!

+ afigueroa on December 15th, 2013 at 1:35 pm said:

What??? DBZ on Vita??? Finally!!

+ halfHOLYpaladin on December 15th, 2013 at 1:47 pm said:

Is Zen Pinball 2 still coming to PS4?

+ LUCIFERSGLEAM on December 15th, 2013 at 2:03 pm said:

What a large selection of new Vita games, too bad none of them are stuff I’d play. I’d trade all of them just to even get a half baked port of Bravely Default on the Vita. Yeah I have a Nin***** 3** but it has games that I want to play, the Vita don’t.

+ ItaChu on December 15th, 2013 at 2:10 pm said:

i love how you guys play with us and dont put the walking dead season 2 on the list but still it doesnt matter cuz everyone knows it comes out the 17th lol ….. sheesh sony …. you should cut the @#%^ :) tomorrow or tuesday well see the post THE WALKING DEAD SEASON 2 OH GUESS WHAT IT COMES OUT TODAY lmfao …. sheesh its terrible for you guys :D

+ naruto9876__ on December 15th, 2013 at 2:20 pm said:

sweet dragonballz battle of Z cant wait to try the demo and is that also for both ps3 and vita for the demo

+ navcomm81 on December 15th, 2013 at 2:25 pm said:

Well, it’s been at least 2 months since I last made a PSN purchase… looks like another week will go by without one. I either own these elsewhere (Terraria on PC, which I’d never change from), or have no interest.

At least the Steam Holiday Sale begins this week..

+ xClayMeow on December 15th, 2013 at 2:27 pm said:

OMG, so much Vita love this week! Awesome!

+ StevenBezarius on December 15th, 2013 at 2:49 pm said:

Finally! Terraria!!! and a lot of new vita games! :O

I need to have all of them!!!

Well, how needs to eat anyways? xD!

+ macy113 on December 15th, 2013 at 2:54 pm said:

Will Terraria be Cross Buy? I really dont want to pay another 15 bucks for it. I spent $25 on the PC and PS3 versions already T_T

+ IXxHIJACKERxXI on December 15th, 2013 at 3:20 pm said:

Dragon Ball Z Battle of Z Give us more not just a demo give us a full game 12/21/13 let us pre-order this game on the psn + get the free DLC

+ IXxHIJACKERxXI on December 15th, 2013 at 3:21 pm said:

DBZ 4 PSN :)

+ shadow15972 on December 15th, 2013 at 3:34 pm said:

@macy113 I wish people wouldn’t keep asking for cross buy on this game. They put more money and time into the vita version, think they’d give you that for free? And who cares what you paid for the steam and ps3 versions. They have enough content where I’d pay $59.99 and not feel ripped off. $14.99 is nothing.

+ Almighty_Dada on December 15th, 2013 at 3:44 pm said:

If we already bought Zen Pinball and Pinball Arcade on PS3, do we get them free on PS4 or do we have to pay again..?

+ DigiOps on December 15th, 2013 at 4:05 pm said:

Terraria is NOT cross-buy. Its already out for the European SEN store, wasn’t cross-buy for them. It won’t be for us. A lot of time was put into this.

+ Gamerzlimited on December 15th, 2013 at 4:29 pm said:

@PainOfSarrow I give you comment 1 star. You’re too stupid to find out there isn’t an major releases on PS3 stuff near the end of this year.

@macy113 Here’s a better idea, how about wait for a sale? You don’t need it. Stop throwing your money away on pointless things.

+ ZAANOS on December 15th, 2013 at 5:18 pm said:

Sony release cheaper and higher capacity mem card s for vita. My 16GB filled up so fast .I want to buy more games but I don’t because I’m at capacity and can’t install any more and don’t want to uninstall the ones I have cause I’m still working on platinums for them.

+ Doc_Tury on December 15th, 2013 at 5:28 pm said:

Attention friend Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 and its DLC and Marvel Vs Capcom 2 will leave de PSN store this tuesday! get them if you are a fighting game fan! two great games!

+ PainOfSarrow on December 15th, 2013 at 5:53 pm said:

Gamerzlimited once again getting all excited over my comment. hop off my D for you get ur man jealous. we all know who he is. Ha

+ thebiglouie on December 15th, 2013 at 6:19 pm said:

Ryan and everyone else:
Farsight surprised everyone and announced a PS4 Bluray release of The Pinball Arcade for this week. Some stores may already have it on their shelves. If you don’t believe me, check out facebook dot com / pinballarcade for the news.

+ xBlade_Kightx on December 15th, 2013 at 6:28 pm said:

add me if your getting terraria

+ Gamerzlimited on December 15th, 2013 at 6:31 pm said:

@PainOfSarrow Jealous? Who’s the one bashing Sony to release a mainstream title every week? Suck it, I speak the truth. All the expected releases this year are done, don’t expect anything new until 2014. I feel that you’re trying to rush companies to release their games immediately. I pity you as you just have no sense of patience. Keep you feces to yourself.

+ AizawaYuuichi on December 15th, 2013 at 6:44 pm said:

@ Almighty_Dada: Zen Pinball 2 is cross-entitled. If you own any of the tables on PS Vita or PS3 that are included in the PS4 version (they only ported over 20 of them), you’ll get them for free on PS4.

TPA, on the other hand, is doing a 50% discount for the Season One tables, IF AND ONLY IF, you own all of the tables already. Which could be from buying them all separately (as I did x.x), or from buying the Season One pack on PS3 or PS Vita. They just announced this on the blogcast, but they didn’t mention any news for discounts on the Season Two tables…

Gonna grab flOw for my Vita and PS4, probably Furmins and definitely ZP2. May also grab Aabs Animals again, just for the quick trophies, if it’s priced the same as the Vita version was. Probably gonna wait on getting TPA for now. I’m entitled to the PS4 version of The Terminator table as a Kickstarter backer, but I don’t know that I really want to buy all the tables again. If the Season Pack is cheap enough with that 50% off, I may buy it sooner than later, but still probably not at launch.

+ ZombieAssassinxD on December 15th, 2013 at 6:48 pm said:

Can’t wait to try out the Battle of Z Demo :D

+ ShardYu on December 15th, 2013 at 7:50 pm said:

TEEEEERRRRRRAAAAAARRRRRIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAA FINALY!!! Will buy this for two accounts :D