PS4-The Order

Assassin’s Creed IV: Freedom Cry Out Tomorrow

Gabriel Graziani's Avatar + Posted by Gabriel Graziani on Dec 16, 2013 // Community Developer, Ubisoft

Unleash the fury of Adéwalé’s machete in Freedom Cry, a new single-player episode of Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag coming to PlayStation Store tomorrow! Fifteen years after the events of Assassin’s Creed IV, the former first mate of the Jackdaw and trained Assassin Adéwalé finds himself embroiled in a battle to free slaves in Haiti.

Featuring a brand new environment in Port-au-Prince, Haiti, Assassin’s Creed IV Black Flag Freedom Cry plunges you into a world dominated by the slave trade, and confronts Adéwalé with a past he’d hoped to have left far behind.

On Adéwalé’s journey, you’ll free slaves from plantations as well as huge slaver galleons while sailing aboard Adéwalé’s ship, the Experto Crede. Some of those you liberate will choose to help you, whether it’s fighting by your side or assisting by unlocking new upgrades to Adéwalé’s trademark weapons: a wicked machete designed to use crushing momentum to hack through nearly anything and a wide-bore blunderbuss capable of dropping multiple foes in a single blast.

It is up to you to decide whether your mission as an Assassin or the liberation of a community takes priority.

Best begin soon… there is much to do, Assassins!

25 Comments

+ ZiggyPoopdust on December 16th, 2013 at 11:29 am said:

How much?

+ Gorvi on December 16th, 2013 at 11:29 am said:

Is this the only single player DLC that’s coming?

+ boxmyth on December 16th, 2013 at 11:35 am said:

4 is easily the best Assassin’s Creed so far. The PS4 version is gorgeous.
Great work, Ubisoft. Games this good make DLC purchases a no-brainer.

+ Mando44646 on December 16th, 2013 at 11:50 am said:

Awesome! Adawale actually looks like a very compelling character in this trailer, unlike Edward.

Price would be appreciated in these posts since I did not get a season pass because I only care about single player DLC

+ MakoSOLIDER on December 16th, 2013 at 12:10 pm said:

Is this the last piece of trophy DLC the season pass will have?

+ yazter on December 16th, 2013 at 12:20 pm said:

I wish you were this enthusiastic about fixing the Sharing is Caring glitch and the bonus glitch in multiplayer :(

Also, any plans for a double XP in celebration? I can’t wait to re-add those I deleted xD

+ Neomyked28 on December 16th, 2013 at 12:32 pm said:

How much is the DLC? You should have the price by now.

+ Phoenix8387 on December 16th, 2013 at 12:35 pm said:

This is the first piece of DLC that I’ve been looking forward to in quite some time. Adéwalé is just such a great character. Here’s hoping that it’ll be even close to as enjoyable as Black Flag was.

Also, when can you get us some news about any future DLC? The price I’ve heard reported for this ($10) and the fact that there seem to be a few hints of at least one more multiplayer pack (Blackbeard’s Revenge being called ‘Pack #1′ in multiple places) leaves me with hope that there is still enough room in the Season Pass for one more single player episode. Should I continue to hold out hope or should I stop?

+ JMBlakk on December 16th, 2013 at 12:42 pm said:

I have to buy this game now about to trade in COD:GHOST for this. Haiti 1804

+ KazeEternal on December 16th, 2013 at 12:47 pm said:

@Gabriel Graziani

Two things: First PS4 version is awesome, looks great, the game itself is ridiculously fun as well. A step in the right direction with the exception of our friend working on sample 17 being a mute.

Second, I found a bug with UPlay that crashes the game every 30 minutes. Apparently because I never set my email address on uplay since it was not required on past AC games this caused an issue on AC4 for PS4. The game could not log into uplay. At first I ignored and would just come back to it when I felt like it, but the constant attempts to sign in to uplay caused the games network heap to become corrupt or fragmented and crashed the game or so I assume. After a bit of trial and error and examining your security setup (sorry) I realized that the email address was the cause, but your website has a brain dead setup of “we email you the email change website”. Ya no email setup. I had to go through AC3′s uplay to set it on my PS3. In short, no email address setup, then uplay fails to sign in.

+ boomstickbhg on December 16th, 2013 at 1:15 pm said:

ACIV exceeded all my expectations after ACIII.

I’ve beaten the game on both the ps3 and ps4 yet I just keep playing.

Looking forward to new SP content (already have the season pass). I liked Ade more than I was expecting.

Well done mates.

+ punkmusic2009 on December 16th, 2013 at 1:19 pm said:

I guess we know this mouth free game :( Pinball Arcade boo

+ Reese8732 on December 16th, 2013 at 11:15 pm said:

Does anyone know the price?

+ WalterDWormack on December 17th, 2013 at 5:46 am said:

Can I buy this as a stand alone program? This will be my first foray into the Assassin’s Creed universe. Now that Ubisoft has finally made a program that I, an African American user can identify with.

+ GearRed on December 17th, 2013 at 6:16 am said:

@WalterDWormack

You have to have the AC4 core game in order to play the dlc.

+ Welmosca on December 17th, 2013 at 7:52 am said:

This is just incredible,really this is plain amazing…..Freedom Cry is shaping up to be the best DLC ever.

+ JDM_4EVA on December 17th, 2013 at 10:02 am said:

where is this i don’t see it in the store or is it not out yet?

+ SpaniardYKNC on December 17th, 2013 at 10:15 am said:

look great

+ Vlad_Blaxq on December 17th, 2013 at 10:17 am said:

Where is it??

I Cant see any of those for PS4 system?

+ Justyn_Thyme on December 17th, 2013 at 10:52 am said:

The day is more than half over! Why isn’t it on PSN Store yet? Seriously, a TIME should have been added to this blog post! *irritated*

+ policewoman1432 on December 17th, 2013 at 11:32 am said:

Irritated as well. Still can’t find Freedom Cry in the PSN store. Has PS given an UPDATE on the release (or non release) that I didn’t see?? Obviously I’m not the only one that it’s not showing up for. Anyone????

+ IXxHIJACKERxXI on December 17th, 2013 at 11:44 am said:

I cant see DBZ for pre-0rder

+ IXxHIJACKERxXI on December 17th, 2013 at 11:44 am said:

+ Saucy_Git on December 17th, 2013 at 2:49 pm said:

it’s 3762 mb and it’s slow as all hell. Anyone else having the same slowness? My internet is tested as awesome sauce.

+ OUTLAWZZ1007 on December 17th, 2013 at 7:59 pm said: